Roll Call
1 members (stile86, stile86, stile86), 37 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:27 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:24 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 66 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 65 66
Re: Official LSH 3 Worlds Thread #5 out (FINALLY!! - spoilers)
#68485 11/06/08 11:03 AM
Active
Active
So finally I got my copy as well. I loved it. The art was great again, as was to be expected. I especially loved the depiction of White Witch, she just looked great - fragile, but powerful, and beautiful. Made me realize how much I missed that character.

As for the story, well done. I know the basic storyline - superteam of alternate universes meeting to beat bad guys - has been done very often (like JLA Avengers or the annual JSA JLA meetings) but it has not been done with all those Legions, and as the Legion has always been my favorite book, I want to see that storyline done with my favorites. I hope it won't get too gory due to Supes Primes involvement. I can live with Rond Vidars death, though i was wondering why they called him a Legionnaire...

I really loved the way Johns handled the "underager" silliness. Making Threeboot Brainy spouting out Grandpa in his first sentence was very ironic, a very fitting side blow at Mark Waids ridiculous hippie movement. To think that Threeboot Brainy would talk like that and mistrust his own adult self is just perfect irony, and to me, it just proves how callow this plot element was from the beginning, considering that every underager is going to be an adult quite soon...

What else? I like the fact that it is actually mentioned as a plot device that the Reboot Legion has been in Limbo. Makes the whole experience more real to me - as they actually have been in Limbo since being threebooted some years ago. I also like the fact that the classic Legion is scattered over the universe. Gives the book a chance to slowly returning the characters into the story. Quite sure that we will yet be seeing Cham and Element Lad, for example.

Oh, and I like those Sun Boy moments. Just half a page this time, but great. I like the character moments as a whole. Some may seem forced to some people, but hey, we only have five issues of this series, so squeeze in as many character moments as possible, who knows what comes afterwards...

So yeah, still very excited about this. Carry on Geoff and George!

#68486 11/06/08 11:37 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Chemical King:
I can live with Rond Vidars death, though i was wondering why they called him a Legionnaire...

Because he's an honorary Legionnaire.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#68487 11/06/08 12:24 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Chemical King:
I especially loved the depiction of White Witch, she just looked great - fragile, but powerful, and beautiful. Made me realize how much I missed that character.
I kinda got chills at her shouting about getting Mordru back, even if she had to delve into the blackest magics to do so. I like Mysa for her spirituality and her connectedness, and she's pretty darn close to the *last* Legionnaire I want to see go all Dark Willow.

I really loved the way Johns handled the "underager" silliness. Making Threeboot Brainy spouting out Grandpa in his first sentence was very ironic, a very fitting side blow at Mark Waids ridiculous hippie movement.
It was incredibly off-putting, to hear threeboot Brainy, who has never in the Waid issues seemed to give a hoot about the underager crap (except as a rationale for his own unauthorized activities / hijacking of the public service for his own ends), sounding so, well, silly. Heck, conspiratorially tin-hat paranoid, even!

What else? I like the fact that it is actually mentioned as a plot device that the Reboot Legion has been in Limbo. Makes the whole experience more real to me - as they actually have been in Limbo since being threebooted some years ago.
What strikes me about this, and I'll admit I didn't notice it until you just pointed it out, is that, like Mon-El's zone-time, the entire reboot Legion being trapped in limbo for years only further hammers home how incredibly lame Superman's argument that Prime has 'been through a lot and it's made him crazy' because of his own time in limbo.

Superboy-Prime is being excused for killing 20,000 plus people for suffering as badly as the entire reboot Legion. Unless they come out and immediately go psycho (trapped for years, their entire universe destroyed), it only makes Superman's 'logic' about Superboy Prime look even more specious.

And then there's Mon-El, who spent ten *centuries* trapped in 'limbo,' in unending pain from the fatal radiation poisoning inflicted upon him by Superboy (accidentally, obviously), who came out of that state and *also* not only didn't go all psycho and kill many thousands of people, but also considered Superboy, the dude who poisoned, imprisoned and then kinda forgot about him, *his friend!*

The reboot team's time in Limbo, and the destruction of their world, only highlights in even brighter and bolder colors how inexcusable Superboy Prime's actions have been.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#68488 11/06/08 02:37 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Wait, when was the reboot universe destroyed?

I wonder just where the reboot Legion has been. They were in limbo at the end of the Titans/Legion special, then they were on Earth-247 when Shikari caught up to them, then they were in limbo again at the start of FC:L3W #2. So what happened? And how long has it been from their perspective?

edited to add:

I read on another message board today that JSA #20 has an interesting detail: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Starman's costume's starfield effect is a map of the post-FC:L3W multiverse created by the three Brainiac 5s. Or something like that.</span></span>

#68489 11/06/08 03:21 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Matthew E:

edited to add:

I read on another message board today that JSA #20 has an interesting detail: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Starman's costume's starfield effect is a map of the post-FC:L3W multiverse created by the three Brainiac 5s. Or something like that.</span></span>
Actually I think he was referring to the groups' first meetings.

#68490 11/08/08 11:12 AM
Reservist
Reservist
In a nutshell: I'm enjoying the art very very much, the writing not so much. Superman's limbo comments were so distracting that its hard for me to get beyond them and get back into the story. Yes, I'm a big Mon-El fan.

So what.
#68491 11/08/08 11:37 AM
Substitute
Substitute
According to the DC site, the arrival date for Legion of 3 Worlds #4 is now February 25, 2009.

#68492 11/08/08 06:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
[b]...if I hadn't made the mistake of picking up Sinestro War I wouldn't have had any idea who Yat is. I don't totally object, it had potential but the mohawk just totally wiped out the mood.
For what it's worth, as a Green Lantern fan, that last image had a somewhat different impact on me. Sodam Yat had a one panel mention/appearance in an Alan Moore short GLC story waaaay back in the 80's where he was described as the "Ultimate Green Lantern" and the last to fall. He also wore the uniform he sports in Lo3W and though he was much more muscular in the short, he had a similar haircut.

So for me, it was kinda cool to see things come back around to that old story that first introduced Yat. [/b]
That would be something I would think John's should have put into the issue, it adds history and some intrigue.

This is either a Superman story, a Legion Story or both. To expect us to know GL backstory without some help is a bit unfair.

However, I'm sure that oversight will be corrected in the next issue, when it comes out in 2010.

#68493 11/08/08 06:25 PM
Candidate
Candidate
Did I miss the discussion on why the events in LO3W #2 didn't replicate the scene from DC UNIVERSE #0?

Or maybe DCU0 was a scene from LEGION OF 4 WORLDS?

#68494 11/09/08 03:33 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Matthew E:

edited to add:

I read on another message board today that JSA #20 has an interesting detail:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually I think he was referring to the groups' first meetings.
This must have a serious impact on Lo3W and doesn't at first glance appear consistent.

If this all occured at the first meeting then in Lo3W Brainy knows they already have the technology to jump universes before using the crystal from JLA headquarters and before the other Legions were considered stranded.

If it occurs during the second meeting (ie will occur during Lo3W) then in the Lo3W timeline Thom has not yet been sent back in time which doesn't fit with the Lightning Saga or him being classed as MIA in Lo3W

For anyone who hasn't seen JSA #20, I really enjoyed seeing Thom something like his old self especially <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">when he interrupted by saying "I'm not the leader just a member but..." and really took control</span></span>

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#68495 11/09/08 06:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It was a good issue, a very nice portrayal of Rond Vidar, who I suspect will be alive again by the end... I don't know or care about the last-page character... actually, I think it's crappy to bring in a non-LSH player in what is apparently going to be a big role.

And RIP Evillo, Glorith and Dragonmage too...

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#68496 11/10/08 07:39 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
This must have a serious impact on Lo3W and doesn't at first glance appear consistent.

If this all occured at the first meeting then in Lo3W Brainy knows they already have the technology to jump universes before using the crystal from JLA headquarters and before the other Legions were considered stranded.

If it occurs during the second meeting (ie will occur during Lo3W) then in the Lo3W timeline Thom has not yet been sent back in time which doesn't fit with the Lightning Saga or him being classed as MIA in Lo3W

Or perhaps since the tech is only in Thom's suit and he's MIA, Brainy had to resort to other means. Since everyone's memory is so fuzzy about the original meeting, it may have prevented Action Brainy from replicating or even copying Thom's suit, meaning he's stuck. Wasn't it stated in the Lightning Saga that Thom wasn't supposed to be in the 21st century, but swappped out with Gim at the last second?

#68497 11/10/08 01:25 PM
T
Active
Active
T
That would be something I would think John's should have put into the issue, it adds history and some intrigue.

This is either a Superman story, a Legion Story or both. To expect us to know GL backstory without some help is a bit unfair.
And I don't want a Legion title to have to recap Green Lantern history, either. In short, the Green Lantern involvement doesn't belong in an event that should be all about the Legion.

Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore
#68498 11/10/08 02:58 PM
Active
Active
And I don't want a Legion title to have to recap Green Lantern history, either. In short, the Green Lantern involvement doesn't belong in an event that should be all about the Legion.
Agreed but clearly Geoff Johns and DC consider the Final Crisis part of the title the main deal.

If it had been called "Final Crisis in the 31st Century" probably no-one would have complained (though possibly because no-one would have bought it)

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#68499 11/11/08 05:28 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Seeing Rond in action as a Green Lantern and, evidently, an active Legionnaire was great, even though I was pretty sure he was a goner. But if he gets "lightning rodded" back to life and it turns out R.J. isn't dead somehow... what if no one of any signifigance dies in this series dies, after all the dread leading up to it from the fans? That'd be a hoot, that's what that'd be.

Also, Rond's inclusion reminds us that there's a lot of history about this Legion we don't know about. Who knows who may show up as a member? Maybe a Legion Academy graduate like Power Boy or Nightwind? Maybe Kid Psycho is alive and cured? I mean, if Imra and Brainy can whip up some lead poisoning serum on the fly, how about a cure for him?

And we've seen Beauty Blaze and Echo. Wasn't Douglas Nolan part of that story, too? Show me Legionnaire Ferro Lad, baby! Since this seems to be a divergent timeline, maybe it's the one he was sent to by his powerful mutant mind!

#68500 11/11/08 06:14 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
A scene in which Lightning Saga Legion is staring in reverence at reboot's Ferro would by nice.

#68501 11/11/08 07:11 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Originally posted by andrewnolan2001:
According to the DC site, the arrival date for Legion of 3 Worlds #4 is now February 25, 2009.
OUCH!

#68502 11/11/08 07:12 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
How bout a little awkward scene for the Legionnaires who don't have counterparts?

#68503 11/11/08 07:47 PM
Substitute
Substitute
A scene in which Lightning Saga Legion is staring in reverence at reboot's Ferro would by nice.
Wow! That would be nice!

#68504 11/11/08 08:25 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Yeah it would... but it would'nt last very long after talking to him for 5 minutes. Reboot Ferro redefined milksop for a generation that had no idea what it meant in the first place (like me.) Plus he had the worst non-costume of the reboot.

#68505 11/12/08 08:20 AM
Leader
Leader
I agree, Ferro Man. Reboot Ferro was Ferro Wimp. Too bad he couldn't turn his spine to iron along with the rest of him. And his costume did suck.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#68506 11/12/08 08:34 AM
Active
Active
looks Like DC needs to clean house too many f0ups

Bring back the super-cousins
#68507 11/13/08 12:50 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I can't wait until this series finishes for the Legion's 100th Anniversary!

#68508 11/14/08 02:06 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I can't wait until this series finishes for the Legion's 100th Anniversary!
Cobie, you're so optimistic!

Long Live all them Legions!
#68509 11/15/08 04:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
First Tellus.....now Mon-el as he will pop up in Superman book in Feb. 2009 -

check it out n newsarama -

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/081115-dc-solicitations-mar-09.html

Page 25 of 66 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,107
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
legionboy
legionboy
BGTZL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star