Roll Call
0 members (), 55 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/14/24 04:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/14/24 04:49 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes Fansets Pins
by Nightcrawler - 05/14/24 04:45 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Reboot - 05/14/24 04:38 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/14/24 04:33 PM
Errors on Main Forum Page
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/14/24 04:27 PM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 05/14/24 04:17 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 66 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 65 66
Re: Official LSH 3 Worlds Thread #5 out (FINALLY!! - spoilers)
#68685 02/06/09 02:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
*sniff* poor Sun Boy - his career so short. I thought that he had potential. *sniff* I liked his new costume - which is a far better than Kitson/Waid costume (sorry Barry, no offense)...Speaking of Sun Boy, what about 2boot Dirk Morgna? will he be affected as well since he "lost" his powers during the Elemental Wars (can't remember exactly what s the title for that arc story)? Hope to see him somehow.

I have a feeling that we will not be able to see Wanderers, Substitute Heroes (except Night Girl and Polar Boy), Legion Reserve (Sizzle, Night Girl, Turtle, and Giselle), Lallorian Heroes, Uncanny Amazers, etc. in two more issues left to go. frown

#68686 02/06/09 02:59 PM
Leader
Leader
What's the difference between Lo3W #3 and LSH #50?
I've read it 3 times!!! Maybe I'm grasping at straws given what a horrible issue #50 was, but this is just SOOO much better.

I bought both covers, choosing to read the sliver issue and bag the Cos one. I just wish Cos didn't look so different, but then again the same goes for most of the "adult" Legion.

Pretty much all that has been said covers my comments, now that I finally go to read it. Just a odds n' ends...

Great art, much more action than in the last 2 issues.

I felt that as a whole, the GL issue did not overwhelm the book. It was a blst to see so many characters in action. Pages 14 and 15 definitely had much "squee" age!

It's good to see familiar things. You just knew when the word balloon said to Tyr "Your shot is a bit off, no?" that it was IK II. Good to see him again. When he was first introduced, I felt he was just a gimmick, but he grew on me and it's good to see him here again.

The B5 from Threeboot is such a jerk. Just when you think The "Old Brainy" has such a superiority complex, he comes off looking like the mellow one. Reallllly don't like Threeboot 5. Still.

Y'know, I miss the old days when Lex thought Superboy made him lose his hair blowing out the fire because he was jealous of him, and that was the root of his hatred toward him. Contrived? Yes, but no more so than many other plots today.

We all lose hair. My daughter is 10 and I have to clean out the hairbrush daily. Couldn't the 3 visiting the 20th century have gone back at any point in time and found his comb? I'm pretty sure the reason they did get it was to clone Kon-el. Awfully big co-inky-dink that DC delayed the book/ had Adventure #0 with him in it to come out the same week. I noticed the lab looked a lot like the 80's versions of Lex's lab Superboy built him, except I think they might have been white on the sides.

I really hate seeing Dirk still sitting in his apartment feeling sorry for himself. I can't help but feeling he will play a great role in the defeat of Prime. I mean, if in the Superman-Action Legion Saga if he can turn the sun red to de-power Superman, could he not use a particular type of red sun radiation that would de-power Prime? Plus, he needs his ladies man swagger back. This is just not the Dirk we know and love.

The thing that I notice most of all about Prime, is that he reacts like a kid. knee-jerk reactions, overly dramatic reactions, and afraid of what hurt him in the past.

Loved the shot on page 26(?) of the triple fists pummeling Spider Girl.

All in all, I really liked this issue. Liked the way Scott Koblish paid tibute to the past creator on pages 4 and 5. Can't wait till the next issue, although we will wait, and wait, and wait...

Long Live all them Legions!
#68687 02/06/09 04:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Okay, I might have a theory about what's been going on with "Earth-247" and XS.

What if, some worlds had managed to avoid the destruction of the anti-matter waves during the Crisis. I mean, that would explain why there were still crossovers into alternate Earths years after the Crisis happened. We have Milestone Earth, Red Son Earth, Batman Beyond Earth, Gender-Reversed Earth, Earth-27 in Animal Man (before Vertigo), who knows?

#68688 02/06/09 04:40 PM
Leader
Leader
I kinda don't care that 3-boot Sun Boy bit it, considering his throwing in with Terror Firma. Did like his Manapul costume though. I liked Kitson's costume for him too, but I HATED the one he had in between.

I will never understand why such members as Invisible Kid and Triad et alia don't carry sidearms. They're going up against the likes of Mordru, the Fatal 5, a Kryptonian, a Daxamite, along with countless others, and oh, yeah, they're using their fists. Death wish much?

What did Universo mean by wiping out the Legion's "touchstone." Who or what is that? Metropolis? Superman? The clubhouse? Earth?

Love Perez's artwork as always. Anybody who can find anything to complain about with George's work is a great big WHINER Lad!

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#68689 02/06/09 04:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Love Perez's artwork as always. Anybody who can find anything to complain about with George's work is a great big WHINER Lad![/QB]
I'm glad someone said it.

#68690 02/06/09 05:42 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by jimgallagher:

I will never understand why such members as Invisible Kid and Triad et alia don't carry sidearms. They're going up against the likes of Mordru, the Fatal 5, a Kryptonian, a Daxamite, along with countless others, and oh, yeah, they're using their fists. Death wish much?
Note Violet had a handgun

What did Universo mean by wiping out the Legion's "touchstone." Who or what is that? Metropolis? Superman? The clubhouse? Earth?

The UP Government ie the United Planets concept

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#68691 02/06/09 05:57 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by future king:

I was disappointed to see only 1 version of Dream Girl in the "Long Live the Legion" splash page where they're all flying down to the battle.
It would have to be that horrid airhead Nura from the reboot. *sigh*
I thought the 3boot version (my all-time favorite when Waid wrote her) was alive now (plus we saw her in a group shot in issue #1), so what's up with that?

Yeah I was not a fan of Reboot Nura either - I LOVED LOVED Threeboot Nura though while Waid wrote her. She is what got me interested in the Legion in the first place.

#68692 02/06/09 06:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
my wish list for the L3W: see all Giants in action by Perez - Violet (LeVIathan), Colossal Boy, and Micro Lad. love

#68693 02/06/09 09:55 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Can I just say that I loved Blok's line? "I heard you complaining under there." I now love that big hunk of rock - even though I'm not sure he'd have said anything like that in 1985 tongue

And so far they've got Gates and Ferro written perfectly. Right now I'm just enjoying the ride so much smile

#68694 02/06/09 10:16 PM
Leader
Leader
I hated narcolelptic flakey Nura, but after she got her Khund training, she kicked serious ass.

Yeah, I saw Violet had a gun, but why is she the only one?

#68695 02/07/09 12:50 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
The blood bath is coming......
In this issue

Invisible Kid II
Sun Boy (3boot version)

and Oh surprise! Karate Kid II (Myg)
No amigo! Jacques esta vivo! IKII was shown in a panel later on riding atop of Cham I believe...the big creature spouting water to put out the fire.

*whew* Trust me I was worried about him.

#68696 02/07/09 01:00 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I always thought that the Legion rings themselves should have a forcefield where they can use their will to focus kinetic blasts, etc. A much weaker version of a GL ring (minus the constructs).

#68697 02/07/09 02:04 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
[b] I will never understand why such members as Invisible Kid and Triad et alia don't carry sidearms. They're going up against the likes of Mordru, the Fatal 5, a Kryptonian, a Daxamite, along with countless others, and oh, yeah, they're using their fists. Death wish much?
I always thought that the Legion rings themselves should have a forcefield where they can use their will to focus kinetic blasts, etc. A much weaker version of a GL ring (minus the constructs). [/b]
Yah, I agree with jim. I can only say that Violet finally is shown using some common sense.

I think the ring idea is wonderful!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#68698 02/07/09 02:07 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Oh, didn't Brainy at one point give his belt or a version of it to Lu when everyone thought there was only one of her left?

Perhaps the rings could be offensive and a Legion pin or buckle could be for protection.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#68699 02/07/09 02:20 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I hated narcolelptic flakey Nura, but after she got her Khund training, she kicked serious ass.

Yeah, I saw Violet had a gun, but why is she the only one?
Sorry, I didn't read this first.
:rolleyes:

I certainly agree about the Khundian trained Nura. She's my favorite, with 3boot next.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#68700 02/07/09 06:21 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Got the issue today and it was great! Fast paced, movement in the story, good action, exposition was fine. Why couldn't the whole of Final Crisis have been like this?

I was a bit confused about the whole XS world-hopping thing, but I'll reread it again later and figure it out.

Observations: The 3Boot Brainy is an jerk, especially in comparison to Rebbot Brainy - a nice littel sense of humour there. I loved the "Negativity is a trait of 11th level intelligence" jibe - perfect! It also made me realise how much I liked the Reboot Legion - positive and strong. Their youth works for them.
Hurrah for Gates!
Wildfire *really* needs to get over the Dawnstar stalker/obsession thing - it's just a bit dull now.
The Winath pronunciation argument was fun too. (I go for WIN-ath)

Puzzled: Projectra was with the 3Boot version... as was their Phantom Girl.
So, doe sthis all take place BEFORE issue 50? But, if their Dirk is killed, how can it?
>head hurts<

#68701 02/07/09 07:16 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by insanelad:

Puzzled: Projectra was with the 3Boot version... as was their Phantom Girl.
So, doe sthis all take place BEFORE issue 50? But, if their Dirk is killed, how can it?
>head hurts<
The 3Boot PG was miraculously healed and happy as can be in ish #50...much to the chagrin of those that bought the issue(excepting myself because I happen to love Tinya regardless of the boot and was happy her planned offing did not come to fruition, plot be damned!).

Projectra wasn't even mentioned, but since she had nothing to do with the finale I'm assuming that whole thing with her was just an illusion.

Speaking of Phantom Girl...if Geoff has done his Legion homework Tinya should be one of the few capable of hurting Superboy Prime....the 3 of them should be able to put a superhurting on Prime with those patented phased punches she used on Superboy when he was Reflecto.

#68702 02/07/09 08:39 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Superboy:
Speaking of Phantom Girl...if Geoff has done his Legion homework Tinya should be one of the few capable of hurting Superboy Prime....the 3 of them should be able to put a superhurting on Prime with those patented phased punches she used on Superboy when he was Reflecto.
Heeeeeeeey Superboy, good call! I completely forgot about that little fact.
If "classic" Brainy is thinking straight, despite all the chaos going on around him in the battle, maybe he will remember this fact and task one or all of the Tinyas to do just that.

I love it! They have the solution to the Prime dilemma right in front of them ... three-fold!

#68703 02/07/09 08:56 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
I really hate seeing Dirk still sitting in his apartment feeling sorry for himself. I can't help but feeling he will play a great role in the defeat of Prime. I mean, if in the Superman-Action Legion Saga if he can turn the sun red to de-power Superman, could he not use a particular type of red sun radiation that would de-power Prime? Plus, he needs his ladies man swagger back. This is just not the Dirk we know and love.
I quite agree with you.
I hope the original Sunboy finally comes around and fries Prime for the brutal murder of his 3-boot counterpart!
C'mon man, stop clutching your chest and stop feeling sorry for yourself already!

mad
LOL

#68704 02/07/09 11:06 AM
Active
Active
sorry, i believe im jacques death, but I see him later over Chameleon girl.

From UK with glamour.
#68705 02/07/09 12:04 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Sweet!
I got to the CBS and finally got my copy. Read it twice yesterday and I'll probably go through it panel by panel today to look for "easter eggs".

One thing that struck me in the first read is that there is a recurring theme of rings. Everybody's got a ring, Legion rings, anti-Legion rings, GL rings and now a Flash ring.

Did Ferro kill Olvir? I really hope Jarth turned him back to iron before his transformation.

Is it ok to hope Snekkie is one of the casualties before the end of issue #5?

Valor and Andromeda! Yay!

Will Supergirl make an appearance? Or Pocket Universe Superboy?

I'm sorry Glorith is dead (probably) the bad guys seriously need a little more eye-candy.

Come to think of it will stalker-obsessive Mordru even notice the reboot White Witch?

I also notice that S-Prime has an extremely limited range of tricks. I expect that next issue the Super Villains are going to start realizing that they've made a mistake, just having someone wearing the S-shield on your side doesn't automatically mean you're going to win.

I'm sorry KKII was killed by a third stringer like Radiation Roy, I was hoping he could prove that Tusker isn't as unbreakable as he believes, but I still have hope that Polar Boy is going to get his chance to take him down.

#68706 02/07/09 12:10 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Superboy:
And he's really going to make Prime look mentally weak...if there's anyone that should be able to gain Prime's respect and get through to him, it should be Mon-El. Because 20 years in limbo isn't squat compared to a thousand years in the zone, and he was also at the dawn of time during the Crisis seeing the rules of creation overwritten.
While I agree with this 100% (and have even said so back when Lo3W #1 was fresh off the printers and Superman was justifying how it was completely understandable how Prime had gone crazy with all that the poor woobie has been through), I don't think Prime is the 'respect' sort. Any indication that someone else on panel has suffered 50x more than him, without 20,000+ acts of murder to show for it, would just piss him off even more, and make him go for Mon-El's blood, since he'd think Mon-El was 'ruining him' or making him look weak or whatever.

That's really the thing I like least about the whole Superboy Prime killing spree, is that it's a version of Clark that has gone mental. Superman defending Prime's actions and saying that he must be redeemed looks especially dubious when Prime is just Superman gone down a different path. Prime is making *Superman* look bad, by demonstrating for the whole world to see that Superman would fold like a cheap suit and turn into a psychotic mass murderer if exposed to 1/50th of the torment that Mon-El endured.

And the only way to 'save' Superman's iconic reputation would be to claim that *anybody* would crack like that, and retcon Mon-El into someone who went psychotic and would have killed tens of thousands (or has, in the past, and it's been forgotten until the great revelation that 'proves' that Superman isn't weaker than Mon-El).

I really, really don't like this, IMO, fairly obvious *necessity* of the whole Superman Prime business. Prime isn't the one who needs to be redeemed, since he's not a flagship property. *Superman* is the one who needs to be unsullied by what Prime has done in his costume, with his powers, in his very skin, as well as bearing his name.

Someone at DC is going to figure this out, that Mon-El being so much mentally more stable than Prime reflects badly on their number one character, and Mon-El, considered a secondary, if not tertiary, character in the Superman mythos is the one who is going to have to be retconned into being crazyflakes / mentally weaker than Clark.

That's my fear, from all this nonsense.

If Mon-El's mental stability makes the big trinity dude *Superman* look bad, 200 quatloo says that it isn't Superman who is going to get a retcon out of the deal to make him look better again...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#68707 02/07/09 02:50 PM
Active
Active
hey... where's dream girl ;__; any of them. i thought i saw reboot nura for a second...where's that go-go nura?

#68708 02/07/09 03:23 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
I really hope Jarth turned him back to iron before his transformation. . . .

Come to think of it will stalker-obsessive Mordru even notice the reboot White Witch?

Neither Reboot or 3-boot White Witch was a Legionnaire was she? Therefore neither of them would be present and that's gotta be the original flying down with Brainy and all the reboot and 3-booters, right?

And 3-boot Jan is around, so he could still change Ferro back.

I didn't really get the whole lightning rod/jarth transformation gig at all. Jan's powers are to transform elements, not people, regardless of any "living lightning" boost. It makes no sense to me, but I hated Jarth so I guess I can live with it. But why would he give himself a robot arm? Why not his real one? Brainy said he could transmute himself into whatever he wished.

Confused Lad

#68709 02/07/09 04:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Found little to gain my interests. A couple good exchanges, already mentioned.

The deaths are pretty lame, I'd have to work myself up to believe I have any emotional loss. Legionnaires pretty much treated as random second hand characters to add to the body count with no emotion built up behind the losses. Even Rond's was done better and that had little going for it.

The lex story is somewhat intriguing IF they avoid the old change history routine. Still no interest in either sp or sy.

To each his/her own, but I'm not seeing good writing or story telling here.

Page 33 of 66 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,305
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Clovyr Crymsun Kid's Sidekick, timeless one
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star