Roll Call
0 members (), 25 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 05:19 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 04:22 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 03:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
Re: UPDATE (12/20): Legion of Super-Heroes #1-- SOLICITATION! SPOILERS!
#70425 09/15/04 11:56 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Comet, I respectfully disagree with your ignorant remark...Besides DC having as much talent as Marvel, I think DC has far superior characters. I'll take substance (DC) over flash (Marvel), any day...

I just can't BLOK it out!
#70426 09/15/04 11:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Barry's work IS fantastic. Dig his HOT Projectra! *dreamy sigh*

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#70427 09/15/04 11:57 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by thor2168:
Do you need a hug? hug hug hug
I laughed out loud on this one.

THANK YOU>

I like that curmudgeon Reboot, but he certainly is taking a repetitive whack to a creator of a book he's loudly insisted he won't be picking up.

#70428 09/15/04 12:14 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Just trying to lighten the mood a bit...Glad it worked for you...

I just can't BLOK it out!
#70429 09/15/04 12:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Barry's work IS fantastic. Dig his HOT Projectra! *dreamy sigh*
Dig his dreamy Dreamy!

#70430 09/15/04 12:34 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by 235 - Andy S:
I like that curmudgeon Reboot, but he certainly is taking a repetitive whack to a creator of a book he's loudly insisted he won't be picking up.
I'm not taking a whack at Waid for the new book. IF I'm taking a whack at him, it's for ending the current Legion beyond hope of reclaimation. Which has, honestly, made me angry.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#70431 09/15/04 12:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like Brainy with a buzz cut!

#70432 09/15/04 12:52 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
See? You do need a hug.

...and I don't really like that cover either. Maybe it's the muted colors but I don't think that one's going to leap off the shelves.

You could do an infamous "This Issue Everybody Dies!" cover and in usual comic book fashion have it be hyperbole but have the story be so cool that nobody cares. That'd sell the mutha!

#70433 09/15/04 01:02 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by Yellowborg:
See? You [b]do need a hug.

...and I don't really like that cover either. Maybe it's the muted colors but I don't think that one's going to leap off the shelves.

You could do an infamous "This Issue Everybody Dies!" cover and in usual comic book fashion have it be hyperbole but have the story be so cool that nobody cares. That'd sell the mutha! [/b]
I think Barry's mentioned somewhere that the colors in the preview are not going to be the same as on the released version, so hopefully we'll be seeing something a little more eye-catching.

#70434 09/15/04 02:29 PM
Applicant
Applicant
All I wanna know is...and this is very important insofar as whether or not I buy this new Legion or not...is whither Zoe?

Big surprise, coming from me, huh!

if you've nothing better to do, visit The Johnny Bacardi Show!

She had Seven Seconds to save the world! Visit The Trinity Building , the Unofficial Thriller Web Site!
#70435 09/15/04 02:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Reboot:
[QUOTE]I'm not taking a whack at Waid for the new book.
I was actually referring to keeping on Barry Kitson for a response to something that he either can't, won't or doesn't feel like answering. If you want a response from Waid, go ask him.

Kitson's presence on the board has certainly encouraged me to at least TRY the new series.

In all honesty, I hated the 1994 reboot and dropped the book for 4 years prior to DnA. Was going to drop it again if it wasn't for Simone's arc.

#70436 09/15/04 03:05 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Hey Barry, thanks for stickin' around despite the vitriol!

#70437 09/15/04 03:09 PM
T
Honorary
Honorary
T
Hey, reboot, you're not alone. I think that this is a disgusting and unnecessary act. I don't mind a shake-up, but completely erasing (whether or not it still exists as an alternate timeline is irrelevant) what's come before? If I had been a fan in '94, I doubt I'd be one now.

But what can I say? DC doesn't care much about continuity anymore. Marvel was bad there for a while, but they seem to be getting better again. Just in time for DC to eff it all up.

I will miss the Legion. Monstress

#70438 09/15/04 03:22 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by 235 - Andy S:
Originally posted by Reboot:
[b][QUOTE]I'm not taking a whack at Waid for the new book.
I was actually referring to keeping on Barry Kitson for a response to something that he either can't, won't or doesn't feel like answering. If you want a response from Waid, go ask him.[/b]
I made (counts) 2 posts "at" Kitson over it, and one other which he replied to. The first was to correct what seemed to be a factual inaccuracy in something Barry said. The second was to correct a misinterpretation of my post on his part. The third was a flat statement which, since I knew he couldn't answer, wasn't directed at him and I was surprised he replied (albeit with what amounted to "I don't know.")

The only other post I made on the subject was replying to EDE replying to me.

That's hardly hounding him.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#70439 09/15/04 03:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
woof woof

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#70440 09/15/04 03:28 PM
Reservist
Reservist
I haven't been around these boards much lately, since they decided to cancel The Legion.

To me, the ReBoot era is MY Legion. The one that brought me to the party. I'm not thrilled that it's being thrown away, because honestly, it had a lot of potential left in it.

Jarth - Learning to deal with his new body, and a girlfriend who (I feel) still had a bit of negativity in her about said change. Can't be easy to have your boyfriend encased in the reconstituted body of the guy more or less responsible for his death.

Jeckie - Also dealing with changes in her life, trying to come to terms with her new look and possibly life as an outcast from her people.

Gates - was violated horribly and used as a power source. You just know he's still upset about that...

Karate Kid - has a cute new girlfriend, sorta.

The Rehabilitation of Mekt

The Naming of Cub

Kinetix and her rise to power...how is she handling the situation, since she finally got what she always wanted (sorta)

Wildfire's limited lifespan (and supposed dual persona)

The Valor subplot (which was seemingly switched for no good reason the second Kon-El showed up)

These are off the top of my head, since I haven't read any of the books for a while now. (I have them, it's just been a while since I read them). There are probably many more. If handled properly, this incarnation of the Legion could have lasted another ten years, easy.

I won't lie and say I'm happy about the new reboot or whatever the frell anyone wants to call it. I'm not, it feels too much like a betrayal. And for what? Outdated codenames and a social activist agenda rebelling against a false utopia? That's nowhere near what I signed up for.

I'm not saying it won't be a good book, but it's not Legion. Not MY Legion. I'll be buying the first few issues, but it's not the same book, not the same at all. And if it wants to stay on my pull list, it will have to earn its keep as its own separate entity, because it will not stay there out of loyalty to the old book. Because it isn't the old book. These aren't the characters I grew to love.

This is not to criticize Mark and Barry. I liked Empire, and Mark's FF title is the only FF on my pull list. Barry is a fantastic artist, and I may be in the minority, but I love the cover to LSH#1 as it is. It looks great, and although I don't like some of the costume designs seen there, art will not be the reason I might drop the book. The ball is in Mark's court. I dare him to make me keep the book! wink

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
#70441 09/15/04 03:39 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Hear Hear Pex.

[Although I've dropped FF, and am not going to pick up the new LSH for the reasons you described. If it was Image's "Regiment of Parahumans" I might give it a chance. But it's replacing "my" Legion, so it doesn't get it.]

#70442 09/15/04 03:44 PM
Deputy
Deputy
WonderGirlII Well said, Pex! Although I look forward (at this point) to the new series, I do empathize with your regret that the postboot Legion has come to an end.

I agree with you that this will be a NEW Legion. The postboot was a NEW Legion for me and I found things to appreciate in it.

I like that you will give the new series a fair shake before making your final decision.

But mostly it's just nice that you can express your misgivings in a non-confrontational way. Thank you for giving me insight into YOUR Legion. WonderGirlII

#70443 09/15/04 03:57 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Thanks, guys. The creepy thing is...

When I was younger, my brother and I used superhero cards as "action figures", carving out elaborate storylines (that occasionally made sense and that mostly took place in the X-Men Mansion) and crafting one vast world featuring Marvel, DC, Image, you name it! The only Legion cards I had were Dragonmage, Catspaw, and Gossamer (who Mike Allred's Madman had a crush on, and used to follow her around everywhere and drive her crazy. laugh ) Point is, after several months would pass, we'd get bored and start over, rebooting everything and starting fresh.

Man, I had no idea that was gonna come back and haunt me like that... lol

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
#70444 09/15/04 04:01 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by toddcam:
But what can I say? DC doesn't care much about continuity anymore. Marvel was bad there for a while, but they seem to be getting better again. Just in time for DC to eff it all up.
DC's worse, without a doubt. At least when Marvel continuity errors come up, it's from ignorance or carlessness, and are usually limited in effect.

DC are quite happy to reguarly take CHAINSAWS to their universe. The closest Marvel equivelants (Byrne's Spider-Man & Hulk Chapters One), got retconned out in favour of the originals in Webspinners and Captain Marvel respectively. And even they were tinkering around the edges, against DC's "chuck EVERYTHING out and start again" or "let's make huge, irreconcilable-with-stuff-that's-technically-still-in changes in high-profile mini-series. Who cares if we'll ever have a working timeline again."

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toddcam:
<strong>I will miss the Legion. Shikari Sensor

#70445 09/15/04 04:24 PM
Substitute
Substitute
[Linked Image]

frown

#70446 09/15/04 04:35 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Boy this just goes on and on and on... Let's move on people and support the new creative team. There are many, many biggger problems in the world right now than this.
Comet King ....turn it off please...and just for you to think about.. How about close to FORTY YEARS of stories and history wiped clean and hundreds of characters wiped out or changed into snakes or new She-Hulk characters. The reboot era of the Legion was weak with the exception of Lost and the first 6 issues of the new book. But we are all still here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#70447 09/15/04 04:45 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by imskian78:
Boy this just goes on and on and on... Let's move on people and support the new creative team. There are many, many biggger problems in the world right now than this.
Yes, and this is the The Legion forum. You can discuss things like Bush's lack of brains in the Anywhere Machine.

I have no desire, nor reason to "support the new creative team."

#70448 09/15/04 05:31 PM
T
Honorary
Honorary
T
Hey, I never told any of those guys who complain about their lost Legion to get over it. They have the right to whine, we have the right to whine.

Gates

#70449 09/15/04 06:13 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
[Linked Image]

I feel like the guy in Mall Rats, if I unfocus my vision and look at the pic the right way should I see a sailboat?

Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,196
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Frog King
Frog King
Berlin
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star