Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/18/24 07:27 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/18/24 07:20 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/18/24 07:19 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/18/24 07:18 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/18/24 07:17 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/18/24 06:59 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/18/24 10:47 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nemesis Kid/Karate Kid rivalry
#70694 11/11/03 09:11 PM
MYG Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
I posted my theory concerning the rivalry between the two "kids" a couple of years ago on another board. When Val Amorr, Hart Druiter, Jeckie and Andrew Nolan entered Legion HQ for membership trials (all those years ago), it marked the beginning of a life long fued.I imagine that both Hart and Val had an instant attraction to the young and beautiful Princess of Orando. I figure that both kids immediately analyzed the situation and quickly realized that most Legionnaires were already paired up, and I don't think either of them saw Andrew as a threat. I believe Hart's hatred of the Legion had it's origins on this day. He could not hope to have a relationship with royalty as long as someone like Val Amorr was in the way. Hart's failure to eliminate his rival led to deep hatred and his life of insane acts of crime. Nemesis Kid killed his worse ememy, but paid for it in the end.

Long Live the Legion!!!

Long Live the Legion!!!
Re: Nemesis Kid/Karate Kid rivalry
#70695 11/28/03 11:55 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I suppose, in this case, Andrew wouldn't have immediately been a threat, since he was 12.

Action Transvestite! Running, jumping, climbing trees... and putting on make-up while you're up there!
-Eddie Izzard
#70696 11/30/03 05:35 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by MYG:
I posted my theory concerning the rivalry between the two "kids" a couple of years ago on another board. When Val Amorr, Hart Druiter, Jeckie and Andrew Nolan entered Legion HQ for membership trials (all those years ago), it marked the beginning of a life long fued.I imagine that both Hart and Val had an instant attraction to the young and beautiful Princess of Orando. I figure that both kids immediately analyzed the situation and quickly realized that most Legionnaires were already paired up, and I don't think either of them saw Andrew as a threat. I believe Hart's hatred of the Legion had it's origins on this day. He could not hope to have a relationship with royalty as long as someone like Val Amorr was in the way. Hart's failure to eliminate his rival led to deep hatred and his life of insane acts of crime. Nemesis Kid killed his worse ememy, but paid for it in the end.

Long Live the Legion!!!
MYG, I might agree with you if Nemesis Kid's attempt at membership weren't a subterfuge in order to gain access to security sites in order to sabotage them. In effect, his "hatred" for the Legion existed prior to ever meeting Jeckie or Val.

He may well have been attracted to Jeckie but he was on a "terrorist" mission and knew that there was no way he would be able to develope a relationship with her. I hardly think he was checking out the girls to see which one he could hook up with while trying to stay undercover and complete his mission.

I beleive the rivalry grew out of the fact that Nemesis Kid tried to frame Val as the sabateur in order to deflect suspicion from himself. That made it a personal feud for Val and it took on a life of its own from there.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#70697 11/30/03 08:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
There are those on this board who would offer that the jealousy was over Ferro. Hey, maybe all three were attracted to Ferro, not to mention Coz (super magnetism, Ha! Ha!) A thought.

It's been awhile since I read the issue, but was there any indication pro or con that the inductees did not know each other before induction?

Given Val's background, I do not see why he would have any more access to Jackie's Royal preferences than Nemesis. That could certainly be written in but most likely it would be written stereotypically. That being, that Hart was of upper society but the Princess was attracted to the roguish pauper, Val.

An emotion filled rivalry would provide reason behind Hart's actions towards the others.

Does anyone remember WHY Orando was chosen as the base for the LSV?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,445
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
hepcatfox boy, Superboy-Supergirl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Insouciant Lad
Insouciant Lad
College Park, MD
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star