Roll Call
0 members (), 4 Murran Spies, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Happy birthday, stile86!
by rickshaw1 - 05/19/24 07:30 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/19/24 05:47 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/19/24 05:45 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 05/19/24 05:44 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/19/24 05:43 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/19/24 05:40 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Gaseous Lad - 05/19/24 02:55 PM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
#74060 09/28/05 08:54 AM
Active
Active
whoa! so... Nura could be alive but just got her arm severed in the collapse of the HQ.
just kidding. it sounds fishy to me. since when is Nura caught off-guard? WaK went to great pains to demonstrate how her power works. remember when she calmly got up off her laZboy seconds before Gim + Jo crashed thru the ceiling.

is her lifeless body really on the thumbnail of cover #11?

Gorilla Nebula
#74061 09/28/05 09:27 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Aaaaccckk!! Lots of action here....the bare bone spoilers follow....
The team returns to HQ from Helegyn with Elysion captured. We learn that Dream Girl's precog is messed up - she only sees one hour into the future from this point, then blackness.

Meanwhile, Cos & Brainy (allies now) address the departing Legion supporters in the Plaza, telling them that there is a draft planned for an unwinnable war, unless they all fight, pre-emptively, together.

Back in HQ, the rest of the team has put Elysion in power-dampers and the Helegyn group recounts the battle.

Saturn Girl "questions" Elysion. He claims Brin is dead - Projectra is uncertain although she points out that Elysion has Brin's coat. Karate Kid breaks the news to Lyle that everyone thinks he was trying to break up the Legion. Lyle is ordered to take Elysion to "the cells" - we learn Legion HQ used to have another purpose (unspecified) - a prison? Secret Police headquarters?

One of the key three planets is Earth - the other two are Dormir and Ttrxl, I guess, since Cos sends teams to those two planets. (Also, Triplicate Girl gets credit for the three planet salvation plan, although Lyle came up with the idea.) A third team goes to Terror FIrma's homeworld (unspecified). Projectra acts like a spunky legionnaire and gets to go along.

Oops!! Lemnos put sleeper agents in the Legion plaza who are suicide bombers. Some of these get into Legion HQ. Panic ensues. Elysion breaks free and all hell breaks loose. Just about the last thing Dream Girl can see before her precog blacks out is that the HQ will collapse and that Lyle will be hurt. Brainy runs to help Lyle, he recovers - then Brainy sees Dream Girl's arm sticking out of the wreckage. Last page, Lyle with tears, saying "We've lost."

But of course they haven't...

The flight ring image for #11: Some guy, I think Brainy holding (I think) Dream Girl. There's a big spot on his forehead on the page where he finds Dreamy, and this spot is on the forehead of the reflection in the ring. Really not clear enough for me to be sure, but it makes sense.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#74062 09/28/05 09:36 AM
S
Applicant
Applicant
S
Holy terrorist Batman ... talk about suicide bombers ... the Fatal Five couldn't do a better job leveling the LSH HQ ... Great issue with a crypic ending ... hats off the WaK ... we're rolling now ... and after all this time Shrinking Violet is a hoax!?!

#74063 09/28/05 10:13 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sketch Kid, huh? Nice name ya got there! Use it well.

I don't have #10 yet, but will comment when I get it.

#74064 09/28/05 10:29 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Poor Dreamy, Poor Brainy.

I guess this could be one of those transformative moments for someone. She's really the only one that's shown him any love in the series. Even his supporters were only respectful allies at best.

I hold out hope, she must have known she was about to die b/c she was crying. Brainy must have figured it out too. After all B5 loves mysteries and he told her, "there is no mystery he can't solve." Maybe the two of them together somehow managed to save her.

That would be the a romantic coming together, wouldn't it? He accepts her power, she accepts that the future in her visions isn't immutable.

#74065 09/28/05 10:48 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
BTW did you catch Projectra's superpower on the roll call page?

Made my day...

#74066 09/28/05 12:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kynda Gron

Thanks TC! I still have to get my book.

#74067 09/28/05 02:26 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
whoa! so... Nura could be alive but just got her arm severed in the collapse of the HQ.
just kidding. it sounds fishy to me. since when is Nura caught off-guard? WaK went to great pains to demonstrate how her power works. remember when she calmly got up off her laZboy seconds before Gim + Jo crashed thru the ceiling.
Starting earlier in the issue, her precognition could see nothing past a certain point--which turned out to be the moment of her apparent death. I guess that means her power works by transmitting info from future to past selves...no living future self, no power.

Assuming she's actually dead. God, I hope not.

Great issue, though. It's nice to see the Legion acting competent and cooperative and still losing.

#74068 09/28/05 02:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And here is the cover to LSH #11....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

(Although if you've gotten this far into the topic you already know so just look!)

click to enlarge

#74069 09/28/05 03:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The good -

"Helegyn: Due to it's thin atmosphere, its dark side is as cold as its sun-baked half is HOT." -- Encyclopedia Galactica, 3005.

"Sucker." Element Lad later that same year.
smile

The bad -

Dream Girl's death. The last reboot lost me when Apparition was killed. I just stopped caring about it. It helped when she was brought back, but they kept me away by sacrificing Leviathon.

Even the original Legion knew better than keep a Legionnaire dead (Lightning Lad and Duo Damsel anyone?). I hope Mark and Barry repeat the wisdom of the original creators and not the rebooters.

#74070 09/28/05 03:38 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I don't think Dreamy's dead - despite the blood-stains on the ring. Brainy will find a way to save her and they'll live grumpily ever after. Their budding relationship is just too good to cut short.

So, according to Elysion, Lemnos' sleeper agents blow themselves up to pay tribute to their *GOD*. hmmm

#74071 09/28/05 03:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't think she's dead either. I just reread Barry's teases in various threads. I think Dreamy is one of the silohuettes on the issue 13 cover albeit with a slightly modified appearance.

'Kay this discussion stops here, we wouldn't want DC upset that someone on the internet had deciphered a Legion Plot, and then hastily construct a scenario where someone goes berserk and traps half the team in the 21st century right? wink

#74072 09/28/05 03:56 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by SiliconDream:
Starting earlier in the issue, her precognition could see nothing past a certain point--which turned out to be the moment of her apparent death. I guess that means her power works by transmitting info from future to past selves...no living future self, no power.
The problem with this is that Nura's already seen things that take place past this point in time. Even if one take the "when we're married" stuff as a joke, she's seen the first major battle of the war, in which the Naltorian army is devastated.

#74073 09/28/05 04:08 PM
Active
Active
But wouldn't that mean that ALL Naltorians are more or less born knowing the moment they will die: the point at which their pre-cog "goes blank"?

"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke
#74074 09/28/05 04:12 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Agreed

I would guess that her power is unable to see any further because the future is very uncertain at this crisis point. The future is in flux. Perhaps the actions of the Legionnaires have caused this...or something which we have yet to see; maybe there is a tie in with Infinite Crisis (after all, we have been "lied" to before laugh ); maybe Shikari's arrival has just occured and that added ingredient throws everything out of "WaK". Whatever it is, something has changed and she will be "blind" until this moment of crisis passes.

Wouldn't it be fun if, when all is said and done, the Legion rebuilds HQ as a rocketship but PAINTS it yellow and red to make it different (another act of rebellion against the staid & sterile practices of 31st Century mores)

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#74075 09/28/05 04:17 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
One other thought.

The deification of Lemnos in this issue really bothered me, perhaps because it reminds of Valor. I really don't want Lemnos to turn out to be Mon at this point. "My" Mon could never be responsible for organizing or ordering the destruction of worlds and the suicide bombings we have witnessed.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#74076 09/28/05 04:22 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I can't imagine Lemnos turning out to be Mon at this point, but I can't help but think the parallels are intentional.

There's a lot to speculate on this issue. Any guesses as to what the Legion HQ was before the Legionnaires took it over?

#74077 09/28/05 04:23 PM
A
Active
Active
A
I'm glad to see some folks so optimistic about Dream Girl. I can't say that I am, even as much as I want to hope she's not dead.

Some other points:
A scene with Lemnos' army has Dawnstar-ish wings and a Wildfire-ish figure in the background.

Interlac is used at least three times.

Brainy's forcefield is explained as more limited than any previous version he's had.

#74078 09/28/05 04:26 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I hope that she´s not dead but i see reasons to kill Dreamgirl: It´s hard to write a precog right in the long term. But if she´s really dead then that means that a flight ring is available, ergo a new member could join.
Any guesses?

#74079 09/28/05 04:28 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
BTW did you catch Projectra's superpower on the roll call page?
She is the female Lester Spiffany after all!

#74080 09/28/05 04:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I
There's a lot to speculate on this issue. Any guesses as to what the Legion HQ was before the Legionnaires took it over?
The cell where Elysion was taken by IK looked like a holding room at a jail where prisoners are allowed to talk to their lawyers etc. Big wide plaza around it so the a good long look can be taken at people coming and going (in the days before the public service of course). It also look a little rundown, so it's old. Looks like an old Metropolis county jail to me.

Waid's been hinting about death so much. I think Elysion is gonna sack UP HQ. Delegate Ardeen looks to be in some trouble. Could we have seen the last Saturn Mom - Daughter conversation end in a fight that Imra will regret, last issue?

#74081 09/28/05 05:02 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Question. Saturn Girl says she got "all the informaton I need" from Elysion's mind before leaving for Ttryxl. So why didn't she know about the sleeper agents in Legion Plaza??

Maybe Elysion's psi-shielding *did* inhibit her powers, or maybe she just forgot to tell anyone. wink

#74082 09/28/05 05:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Whoa! Good catch! I wonder if Mark has an explaination for that.

#74083 09/28/05 05:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My goodness, this whole galactic war orchestrated so Saturn Girl could commit the act of matricide? Galactic scale genocide, the burning of whole planets just because mom wouldn't let Imra go out with Garth on a school night 3 years ago? That would be worthy of hussy Valhalla.

lol Pretty slanderous innuendo Tromium, you don't want the Saturn Girl Apologist thread reactivated, do ya? wink

#74084 09/28/05 05:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
ah....I knew something s wrong with the cover of #13 when I kept asking Barry in the thread "cover #13" and Barry was unresponsive about her being missing from the cover. I asked him at least twice...I knew it! I hope that she is not dead as because she is unique in the whole DC universe - the only one who can predict the future - who else? Marvel killed its' main foreseer - Destiny - now DC's turn to kill off the main foreseer - Dream Girl - Hope not!! Barry _ I demand you no longer tease us about Dream Girl's status now...or else!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,481
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Roche Runo
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Calybos
Calybos
Norcross, GA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star