Roll Call
0 members (), 9 Murran Spies, and 87 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by thoth lad - 05/26/24 01:48 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/26/24 01:48 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/26/24 10:35 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/26/24 06:55 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/26/24 06:54 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/26/24 04:38 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/25/24 09:47 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
#74135 09/29/05 08:53 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
As far as I'm concerned the simplest possibility for how Brainy knew about the break-in is that he figured it out himself:

a) he is, after all, supposed to be fairly smart
b) I wouldn't put it past him to have set up some kind of security/surveillance system for just this sort of occasion

Either way, I believe Invisible Kid when he says he didn't do it.

#74136 09/29/05 08:54 AM
Honorary
Honorary
For all those who complained that things were moving too slowly and that there wasn't enough action.....

I HOPE YOU'RE SATISFIED!

Sob! Nura! Wake up Nura honey!

Ooh that Lemnos! He makes me so angry, so, so, what was I saying? Oh well, must not have been very important.
#74137 09/29/05 09:03 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I thoroughly enjoyed this issue - loads of drama, twistsand turns, character moments and the best art so far! I also hope Nura will be okay, but as much as I adore her I also realise that keeping dead heroes dead is a necessary evil if we want the issue to have any value.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#74138 09/29/05 09:15 AM
Honorary
Honorary
You're right Harbinger, it was a great issue and had it all (except resolution.) Despite my little rant above, and hope that she is okay, I'll probably be more impressed if she is really dead. The story has a lot more of an emotional punch that way.

I was also really impressed with the twist on the something sounding humerous bit as well. I truly was expecting a snarky little line from B5 and when there was nothing funny about it, it was a real sick feeling. Coupled with the fact that I confused the somewhat spoilered approaching death happening in issue #11 not in issue #10, the hand in the rubble really surprised me. Shocked even.

Ooh that Lemnos! He makes me so angry, so, so, what was I saying? Oh well, must not have been very important.
#74139 09/29/05 09:23 AM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
She's NOT DEAD. I have zero evidence or even a gut feeling. I'm just in denial. I really HATE character deaths in comics; it's a total waste.

-- Still here to help.
#74140 09/29/05 09:50 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I don't think she's dead, either. Very injured, yes, but not dead.

What a wonderful issue! Thanks, Barry. And one more vote here for teasing...

I can't wait for Projectra to kick some butt (next issue?). And I think we're close to the debut of the fourth Legionnaire left on Earth, Shrinking Violet. I wonder what she'll get to do...

Can't wait for next issue.

Juan

PS. Yes, "dormir" means "to sleep" in both French and Spanish.

#74141 09/29/05 10:45 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
This issue really solidified Elysion's role as a major Legion villain, actually far more interesting than Lemnos at this point. I'm actually hoping now that they aren't setting him up for death, as he's one of the first really good Legion villains to be introduced in a long, long time.

#74142 09/29/05 11:16 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by disaster boy:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[b] And here is the cover to LSH #11....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

(Although if you've gotten this far into the topic you already know so just look!)

click to enlarge
is that cham in the back or is it not worth speculating. also, did anyone else notice the coloring faux pas on page 8, first panel...star boy (i assume) is colored like brainy but brainy is in the same panel.

i loved it when saturn girl put the smack down on elyssion but...apparently she didn't. i thought the legion was finally going to get it together and stop being clumsy fools. [/b]
These coloring errors are really starting to bug me. First the Sun Boy/U Boy mix up last month. And now Star Boy/Brainy. It really makes it difficult to suspend disbelief and buy into these characters when these mistakes are made. It just throws me right out of the head space...oh yeah...this is a comic...nothing is real...it's all made up...Star Boy doesn't really exist.
Or maybe Brainy has some Cargg blood in him and can duplicate himself. Duo Dude anyone?

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#74143 09/29/05 11:32 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I love the look of this book.
Each month Barry does some of the best work being done at DC. I'm eager to see the big push DC gives it when IC has settled.

Waid has done a great job with all of these kids, I can't really pick one I prefer. Sure, Cosmic Boy seems to be the most stable, but you have to appreciate UB's overconfidence, or Lyle's insecurities.

And manoman is Projectra gonna make a serious mess of somebody!

Just spouting off.
#74144 09/29/05 11:32 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I saw the Brainy doplegangers as well but I can understand how the error could have occured. In BW I would assume that both Thom and Querl would appear shaded, much darker that any of the other guys with the exception of Val perhaps and both have what amounts to buzz cuts. I can certainly see how the error could have happened.

Not that it shouldn't have been caught during the proofing process mind you (I assume there is one after colors are applied) but I can easily see this mistake being made.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#74145 09/29/05 11:35 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
In this issue Jeckie reminded me of the preboot Jeckie during Magic Wars after Val had died. I wouldn't want to be in her sights right now. shake

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#74146 09/29/05 11:36 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I love the look of this book.
Each month Barry does some of the best work being done at DC. I'm eager to see the big push DC gives it when IC has settled.

Waid has done a great job with all of these kids, I can't really pick one I prefer. Sure, Cosmic Boy seems to be the most stable, but you have to appreciate UB's overconfidence, or Lyle's insecurities.

And manoman is Projectra gonna make a serious mess of somebody!

Just spouting off.
#74147 09/29/05 11:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Vee:
I saw the Brainy doplegangers as well but I can understand how the error could have occured. In BW I would assume that both Thom and Querl would appear shaded, much darker that any of the other guys with the exception of Val perhaps and both have what amounts to buzz cuts. I can certainly see how the error could have happened.

Not that it shouldn't have been caught during the proofing process mind you (I assume there is one after colors are applied) but I can easily see this mistake being made.
Yeah, I don't so much blame this on the colorist ( love Snocone) but on the editor. Sorry Mr. Wacker but shouldn't your duties included proofing the colors before the final print?

#74148 09/29/05 12:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
i can see how coloring mistakes can get made, especially by a colorist removed from the drawing of characters but,....nobody thought, "oh wait didnt i already color brainy in this panel?" laugh

#74149 09/29/05 12:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
In this issue Jeckie reminded me of the preboot Jeckie during Magic Wars after Val had died. I wouldn't want to be in her sights right now. shake
jeckie casually walking up to lemnos and snapping his kneck would be awesome!

#74150 09/29/05 01:24 PM
Active
Active
Wow. Talk about a slow buildup to a big pay-off. That was a great issue. Felt like a LEGION story, you know?

That said, if Dreamy is dead, I'm probably going to have to quit. It was bad enough back when she was made into an overweight tramp..and then rebooted into a ditz in the last Legion version. For one of the most popular members, she sure hasn't gotten much respect..until this reboot. She's been kicking butt, and has so far been the most interesting female Legionnaire. So hey, let's kill her!

Still great art and a great issue. But don't be dead Dreamy!

#74151 09/29/05 01:45 PM
Active
Active

Arrgghh! I hate making mistakes--so frustrating! The funny thing about this one is that I actually caught it myself (unless I did it more than once !?) and fixed it. I don't know what went wrong after that; either I forgot to update the file for DC or they didn't notice that I did. Who knows now. In everyone's defense, we are often working right down to the wire before the book goes to print. I can't speak for the staff at DC, but I know I usually don't sleep for a couple of days before deadline.

#74152 09/29/05 02:04 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I think Nura knew what was going to happen and when. That's why she sent Brainy to help Lyle, to put him out of harm's way.
That's the way I read that scene as well. But what bothers me is that, while she sends Brainy to safety, she doesn't seem to do anything for the half dozen or so legionnaires surrounding her. She probably does effectively save Lyle by sending Brainy to him, which is good, but the whole scene still bothers me. If she knew what was going to happen and was trying to change it, for example if she'd foreseen Brainy being killed but managed to prevent it by sacrificing herself, I'd feel a lot better about it. But the fact is she is basically killed by a falling building, and just because she knew that is was likely she would be killed and didn't try to avoid the danger doesn't strike me as more fatalistic than heroic.

#74153 09/29/05 02:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
But remember in issue 2 EDE it was shown that Naltori totally buy into their predictions, who know, maybe she saw herself sending Brainy off to save Lyle.

Also, the 'say something humourous' (spelt correctly wink ) line left a sick feeling in my stomach too, at that point I did a double take and thought "uh oh!"

Even with my fave legionnaire apparently dying this is a five star issue.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#74154 09/29/05 02:49 PM
Active
Active
I don't think that Dream Girl is dead. When Jim Shooter killed Ferro Lad deaths were rare in comic books. Unfortunately I think it's become all too commonplace now. How many were killed in the previous series? Leviathan, Montress, Element Lad, Live Wire, (although some combination of the 2 of them came back) and (not sure about this) Kid Quantum I? Maybe that's part of the reason sales were down.

#74155 09/29/05 03:03 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Weren't there supposed to be 18 active "Core group" Legionnaires? I count 15 0n the last page and two more on the previous page. Who's missing? Brin? He's not a Legionnaire.

Only three Lagionnaires that we know are on Earth and none of them are bald.

Barry said something about Atom Girl/Violet making some kind of huge entrance so maybe that's our mystery figure in the reflection?

That thought doesn't include the possibility that the person holding Dreamy may not be a "Core Group" Legionnaire or may not even be a Legionnaire at all! That idea ocurred to me when Lyle's father showed up for an on-panel appearance. Maybe this could be the event that gets the SPs on the right side?

#74156 09/29/05 03:04 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Monstress-- She's talking to Element Lad and he goes psycho and deletes her
I thought Monstress' death was pretty heroic, myself. She was trying to talk down a deity with genocidal tendencies, and she just made a slip. She certainly knew the danger she was putting herself in by trying to feel Jan out.

#74157 09/29/05 03:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Harbinger, we must practise proper spelling and earn our place in the halls of valour.

Nura's death was heroic because she knew was coming and had a choice. She could have cheated doom by staying with B5. Spending all that time with him (off-panel too?), he might put doubts in her mind about the fixed nature of destiny. Just as B5 learned to accept her power.

She could have stayed with him the whole time, wrapped her arms around him and activated the shield. I think Nura wavered for a moment and she tried to do this in his lab but he stopped her. She then got her courage back and worked to help the kids. There was one final choice to make B5 save lyle and not her.

If B5 was given the choice who to save given recent events, I'm sure he chooses her.

#74158 09/29/05 03:38 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Does Dream Girl see different versions of the future- I mean more than one possible outcome?

She told Brainy she didn't see anything after he says something humourous (humerus.) Brainy said that when he examined Lyle, ergo she had to have seen him saving Lyle. If that were the case, then she couldn't see his death, so she wasn't trying to prevent it.

More likely, she couldn't see past her own demise, but didn't see her death. Odd she wouldn't see that coming...

Just spouting off.
#74159 09/29/05 04:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by knowjack:
Wow. Talk about a slow buildup to a big pay-off. That was a great issue. Felt like a LEGION story, you know?

That said, if Dreamy is dead, I'm probably going to have to quit. It was bad enough back when she was made into an overweight tramp..and then rebooted into a ditz in the last Legion version. For one of the most popular members, she sure hasn't gotten much respect..until this reboot. She's been kicking butt, and has so far been the most interesting female Legionnaire. So hey, let's kill her!

Still great art and a great issue. But don't be dead Dreamy!
I find it ironic that a character created solely to be a straight guy's idea of the perfect "babe" should have among her loyal fans, a gay guy...

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,024
Posts1,045,709
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Language Arts Dave
Language Arts Dave
Lost in the Ozone Again
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star