Roll Call
2 members (Erick Quinones, Erick Quinones, Alexander, Erick Quinones, Erick Quinones, Erick Quinones), 50 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 12:16 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 12:16 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:57 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: post One Year Later SPOILERS
#7482 11/26/05 03:51 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I'd rather see the Legion without any ties to 20th century DC continuity, for various reasons... but still, there's something about this idea I like somehow.

#7483 11/26/05 04:52 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I'm not opposed to Kara joining.

It's the name change.

#7484 11/26/05 05:15 PM
Wanderer
Online Confused
Wanderer
Originally posted by CreativityKid:
I'm not opposed to Kara joining.

It's the name change.
What he said. We can only hope that there'll be a third series seperate from the ongoings or that her series will recieve the name change.

#7485 11/26/05 05:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If they use the Power Girl Kara then I might be able to accept it. Shunting her off to the future is a way to keep her away from the new Kara in the new Supergirl title. Assuming, that is, they both come out of the Crisis as seperate people.

But I do not want to see any Super... and LoSH title. Leave it alone as LoSH as it should be.

#7486 11/26/05 05:32 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
If they do this, and renumber it in the 500s, I'll be even more irritated.

#7487 11/26/05 05:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Not very excited about this. DC has just screwed the Legion so badly over the years.

They don't understand why the Legion is failing. They don't understand the Legion means different things to different people...because there have been so many versions. Yet they continue to choose a version that is not the most popular.

The Legion evolved to a certain very popular point...yet they can't recapture that. They continue to throw it back to what it was. ugh.

It depends what all this means. It depends how Infinite Crisis affects the membership. But if it's the same Legion we've been seeing all this time...plus Supergirl? I am out.

I've read her series...she does nothing for me. Dislike the name change. I rather have Laurel Gand any day of the week.

You know it makes me angry because Waid said in an interview he is trying to revive the Legion. Something else else about fans complaining and it's just bad for the Legion. yet both his Legion's IMO have been very limiting...ZH Legion and this one.

The Legion doesn't need Superboy, Supergirl, or Super anything.

#7488 11/26/05 05:57 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I think the March issue of LSH will be entitled Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #16. The dog that's wagging this tail wears a skirt.

- Supergirl #1 160,536 copies (including reorders). Now in its THIRD printing
- Supergirl #2 111,869 copies (including reorders) SOLD OUT

It's possible the Legion will cross over into her solo book once in a while, but I can't see three separate titles coming out of this. As long as it remains in Waid & Kitson's hands and fits into their "grand scheme", I'm perfectly okay with it. I wonder if it will go through a change editors, though.

#7489 11/26/05 05:58 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Also the good news on the Supergirl title is Greg Rucka is writing it. I love his Wonder Woman...and I love the Supergirl connection to the Amazons.

I suggest all you guys start emailing DC and tell your friends too as well. We may need an editorial change or something.

I look at the Teen Titans. They next to Legion where my fave DC title of the 80's. I didn't read them in the 90's. Sure I would pick up a book a few times a year...and cringe. The Geoff Johns recent relaunch of the series captured the Titans I like. It was similiar to the high selling Titans of the 80's...yet different. This is what the Legion needs...badly.

#7490 11/26/05 07:06 PM
Substitute
Substitute
This just in ... Teen Titans is being renamed.

SUPERMAN AND THE TEEN TITANS.

#7491 11/26/05 07:12 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I so hope this a joke shake

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#7492 11/26/05 07:34 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Mostly unsupportive comments here and elsewhere have inspired me to unconditionally favor this development.

#7493 11/26/05 07:38 PM
Reservist
Reservist
I don't know... I'm honestly not against it. We've all heard that back in the old days of the original Adventure-era Legion, having Superman/Superboy on the cover supposedly doubled sales on any comic book. Over time, the Legion was able to grow its own fanbase and eclipse the need for Superpeople.

It's not a dissimillar situation to what we have today. More people today buy the various Super-books than Legion. People buying Legion are: Us -- mostly the longtime Legion fans. New readers are minimal. Maybe the inclusion of a Supergirl will in the short term help create a brand new fan base, helping ensure long term Legion survival.

I'm in the same boat with a lot of you...warry about Legion ties to present day DCU. But when I think about the reasons for that fear, I realize it's not because it doesn't work, it's completely out of fear of a new Byrne-style screwing over. But dang it, living in fear sucks. Some of my favorite Legion stories involved Superboy or Supergirl, and the time travel aspect of the series was a major factor in my enjoyment!

If anything, the Legion has been much weaker (imo) since the loss of Supergirl, and then Superboy. I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way. Being against the inclusion of (any) Supergirl is kind of like a person who got dumped hard, and is afraid about starting dating again. Maybe you think can avoid getting hurt if you stay alone for the rest of your life, but what kind of way to live is that? At some point we have to get back on that horse and let some Super back into our Legion.

As far as people being against the "Supergirl" in question being the new SG, don't forget a character can be a lot different depending on how handled by the writer, and this SG is getting 2 new writers... so don't count the character out yet based on not liking her so far. All the elements are in place for her to be a great character -- in the vein of the original -- it just hasn't happened yet.

#7494 11/26/05 07:48 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I couldn't care less about a name change. That's just a detail. My question is, is the story going to be any good? If it is, then it has my support.

#7495 11/26/05 08:21 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I have no objection to Supergirl if she's not any more important that the rest of the characters. One issue's fine; a whole series isn't.

I think it's too soon to make asumptions, though. In that interview mentioned a few pages back Rucka says “I’m not looking at doing a bunch of crossovers and seeing who’s going to be guest-starring this issue. That’s just not the direction I’m interested in taking her."

This gives me hope.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#7496 11/26/05 09:57 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Well said, Arachne.

I'd rather Supergirl simply join the team, and be featured on some covers, than to give her top billing.

Giving her top billing changes the book's identity. It becomes part of the Superman Family. Which is great for sales, but bad for those of us who simply aren't interested in their adventures.

Making her just another teammate is like having Superman in JLA. He's A star, not THE star.

#7497 11/26/05 10:30 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Supergirl's first task: arm-wrestling with Ultra Boy

Supergirl's second task: beachwear shopping with Imra

#7498 11/26/05 11:17 PM
Leader
Leader
I tend to agree with those that theorize that the Supergirl in question will be the character currently known as Power Girl.

Since we assume the title will still be by WaK, we can only assume that the quality will remain regardless of any title change, permenant or temporary stunt.

And even if this Supergirl will get top billing and appear in every issue, so what? I discovered and fell in love with the Legion when the same went for Superboy. And even in the SLSH era, there was plenty of room for other characters to shine.

If Supergirl can help sales, so much the better, especially if DC has designs on breaking into the Wal-Mart/Target/etc. chain store market.

I'm certain that whatver adult bought me my first Legion comics did so because is said Superboy and... on the cover.

#7499 11/27/05 12:08 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
For those encouraging the addition of Supergirl to save the title from cancellation-- cancellation is NOT an issue.

LSH was the 54th highest-selling book on the top 300 for October.

Way, way, wAAAAAAAAAAAy beyond cancellation status, especially for DC.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#7500 11/27/05 01:57 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Jo Nah TMK:
what in Rucka's interview makes you say that the Supergirl won't be the same one?
when he says that she isn't going to interact with the rest of the DCU as she's doing in the current (awful, imvho) arc by jeph loeb.
anyway, re-reading the interview i think that i could have been wrong too.

i just don't think that DC would publish two series using the name "Supergirl" in their titles but featuring two different characters with the same name. From a marketing perspective, it just doesn't make sense.
wasn't there a time, not so far ago, when DC had two or three supergirls at the same time?
i agree with you about the marketing part. but what if DC brings back the multiple earths with infinite crisis? if so, the legion could live on another earth (say, earth prime) with their own supergirl. weren't there, before CoIE, a few series set on alternative earths like earth-2?

#7501 11/27/05 02:14 AM
Leader
Leader
I...I don't know what to think. Can someone think for me? confused Does this mean the superpets are back too? Is Supergirl gonna make out with her horse again?

#7502 11/27/05 02:23 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Now that would boost sales...

My initial reaction was not too thrilled, but why condemn it before reading? If I'd heard about Andromeda before she apppeared, I would have been very negative - but she became a favoured character.

Maybe the title "change" is just for one issue - or maybe DC is getting into the Grandin Gender Reversal Punch - the Whip, Bulleteer, Supergirl & the LSH....

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#7503 11/27/05 04:58 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Originally posted by CreativityKid:
Well said, Arachne.

I'd rather Supergirl simply join the team, and be featured on some covers, than to give her top billing.

Giving her top billing changes the book's identity. It becomes part of the Superman Family. Which is great for sales, but bad for those of us who simply aren't interested in their adventures.
Some of my very favorite Legion adventures were in a book called, "Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes". The Cockrum era, the Grell era, Jim Shooter's second run, Levitz's first run...

A lot of great comics in there. Superboy was a member, and around more often than not, but he never overpowered the presence of the other Legionnaires; he was just another member for the most part.

If anything, I see the title change (assuming it lasts...assuming any of the post IC changes last...) as a nice homage to a great period of the Legion's past. Any nervousness on my part comes from the character herself, not the title.

#7504 11/27/05 06:31 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
i'm not sure what to make of this either !? but with the upcoming issues of SUPERGIRL [ featuring the 'original' KARA !? from it's description ! ] we may only get a cross-over for a couple of issues !!??

and at the moment i have COMPLETE faith in what MARK and BARRY have created so far, in this LEGION re-launch !

i REALLY don't think they would have spent all this time and effort on creating a new RICH backstory and great characters, for them to throw it all away, without good reason !

[ and although i could be wrong ] i reserve judgement until a little nearer the time .......

Matthew.

#7505 11/27/05 07:14 AM
MYG Offline
Active
Active
I completely agree with this... I can't believe that Mark & Barry would have brought us this far just to revert to all of the disasterous pitfalls of the post pre-boot Legion. I too reserve judgement until...

Whatever the outcome, you have to admit with the "previews" we've seen, it's gonna be interesting!!!

Long Live the Legion!!!
#7506 11/27/05 07:35 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I've always been in the no-super-people-in-this-title camp, but even if LSH is in no danger of immediate cancellation, bringing in more readers is always a good thing. And I think Supergirl could do that. However, it's very important that she doesn't overwhelm the title. She should be one of the members of the team, not the star.

Oh, well. Better Supergirl than Superboy, I say. (But boy, would I ever have prefered Andromeda!!!)

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,244
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
JackMythos
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Querl Dox
Querl Dox
Saline, Michigan
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star