Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 11:36 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Who Should Be Legion Leader? The Official Campaign Thread!
#78195 03/25/06 03:25 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Maybe Tasmia has her eye on another LSH position. Instead of leader, perhaps she's angling for Acquisitions Officer, as evidenced by her methods in #16.

#78196 03/25/06 03:53 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Ultra Boy: Yeah, right. Let's see if he's the SP mole (double agent?) and how that plays out, if so. That sort of twist would make it worthwhile to revisit him... but currently? He's the last Legionnaire I'd want to see as leader.

Shadow Lass: Would have been my choice till she decided to embark on a petty crime spree.

Light Lass: She'd have a novel approach to coalition building...

Actually, Ayla'd be an interesting choice, eventually.

Element Lad: Waid has said he doesn't get him, so I'd prefer Jan stay *way* off the radar till Waid either gets a handle on him or is replaced by someone who has ideas for the character that don't involve assigning every historic trait associated with him to other Legionnaires.

Phantom Girl: A strong choice. I'd like to see this Tinya leading... but would the nature of her powers preclude effective leadership?

Atom Girl: I can envision Salu actively campaigning in her quest to appear 'big' to others. She might even resort to blackmail to solidify votes.

Chameleon: I don't think this character would presently accept the position, even if voted in. Cham's a playful observer, at heart.

Princess Projectra: The second-to-last Legionnaire I'd want to see leading the team. Frankly, I don't get her appeal at all, currently.

Timber Wolf: Is he even a member?

Brainiac Five: Hmmm. Returning on the eve or morning of the election with a revived Dream Girl in tow would go a long way to convincing fence-straddlers to vote for him.

Cosmic Boy: If it's an 'open' election, he could well be voted in by the wider membership. I hope we're let in on the votes of the main castmembers, in any case.

Saturn Girl: Are we ready for Imra-centric storylines? *This* Imra needs the exposure (something you can't say about almost any other era's Saturn Girl).

Lightning Lad: A *very* worthy candidate.

Invisible Kid: Too new, and Lyle doesn't have the sort of put-me-in-charge-despite-the-fact-that-I'm-new personality that Wildfire and Polar Boy shared.

Karate Kid: I think this Val'd be an excellent choice, though the 'never been in space' angle from #16 threw me. I knew he was *relatively* a latecomer, but that much of a newbie? His time will come, I hope, but this ain't it.

Star Boy: Nowhere near ready.

Micro Lad: I can't imagine him being voted in, though if he was, maybe he'd give his brother a spot in the big leagues. Wonder if little bro' is a 'l'egionnaire?

Triplicate Girl: Part of me would love to see a Triplicate Girl elected, but *this* one? Not so much.

Sun Boy: A great way to use the if-we-elect-him-they-have-to-use-him vote. I really want to see Dirk back on the team. It'd take some contortions to explain how he'd be voted into leadership, currently.

Dream Girl: See above.

Supergirl: *Way* too much of a mystery gal, as is. Though the 127,000 might think differently.

Write-Ins: Could this be a way to get in a longlost favorite? Chemical King? Blok? Wildfire? Infectious Lass? Gates?

My vote's between Brainy, Sun Boy, Lightning Lad and Phantom Girl. Shadow Lass and Karate Kid would've been strong choices, too, pre-#16.

#78197 03/25/06 04:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
phantom girl is kinda crazy. in between worlds...

#78198 03/26/06 11:23 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Wazzo calling Imra a hussy? That's the pot calling the kettle black. Just ask her last boyfriend Jarel and Karate Kid, who she led on.
It was clear she ditched her small-town loser boyfriend Jarel because she wanted to leave that parochial, paternalistic fourth dimension and make something of her life. She wanted to be a hero.

So if you've ever felt trapped in Utah and wanted to flee. Vote Tinya!

#78199 03/26/06 11:31 AM
Active
Active
I won't vote for Saturn Girl until I hear her campaign speech.
And maybe not even then...
So far my choice is Shadow Lass.

#78200 03/26/06 08:28 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Care to spread the love? I'll bet a lot of folks travel to other sites where Legion discussions take place and why not let 'em know we've got a poll going?

Fans have interacted and had a bit of influence with Legion creators since the 60s. It's fandom tradition and all that, y'know?

Yeah, they'd have to sign up so they have an account to vote with but that ought to be cool too.

#78201 03/27/06 01:57 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
[b]Wazzo calling Imra a hussy? That's the pot calling the kettle black. Just ask her last boyfriend Jarel and Karate Kid, who she led on.
It was clear she ditched her small-town loser boyfriend Jarel because she wanted to leave that parochial, paternalistic fourth dimension and make something of her life. She wanted to be a hero.

So if you've ever felt trapped in Utah and wanted to flee. Vote Tinya![/b]
rotflmao

We all WIN WITH WAZZO!!

PS - Great idea YK!

#78202 03/27/06 01:58 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Though MEL's pleas for a bouncing/matter-eaten Legion and Tasmia's pretty blue ab muscles tempt me, I must continue to support Tinya!

#78203 08/26/10 11:41 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
I just want to make it clear that I'm officially throwing my support behind Tyroc as next Legion Leader!

Er... unless it turns out that my top choices Tenzil, Lu, Chuck, or Drura are actually eligible!

#78204 08/27/10 09:12 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Great, just what we need ... a hero who will be voted in and then just inexplicably disappear for 7 years! laugh

#78205 08/27/10 09:17 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Tinya and Lu get my vote.

Well, votes. Ahm a gonna stuff the ballot box, Carggite-style.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#78206 08/27/10 03:00 PM
Active
Active
Quislet cause you know that will be damn interesting.

Bring back the super-cousins
#78207 09/03/10 08:39 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Sensor Girl!!!

Um, errr ... or Element Lad!
smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,257
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star