Roll Call
0 members (), 46 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:40 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LSH Villain Do-Overs
#87774 10/27/07 09:40 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Silly Glorith, aspiring to the throne of Baaldur.

With her age-altering powers, she could have set herself up as Baaldur's goddess!

She could painlessly age into protoplasm the suicidal ones and de-age everyone who wished to be.

They would have worshipped her!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
Re: LSH Villain Do-Overs
#87775 10/31/07 04:29 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I never really got the explanation of Glorith's powers... the whole 'I'll de-age you into protoplasm' thing - is that de-aging someone? Or is it more shunting them down the evolutionary line to an amoebic blob?

I did like her - there was a certain crazed, scary, trailer-trash, love child of Alexis and Krystal side to her.
I mean, come one - the Time Trapper in his shab-tastic purple bathrobe, or Glorith looking fabulously trashy in her undies and garter?

No contest. I rest my case.

#87776 11/01/07 12:52 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
The League of Super-Assassins always came off as incredibly lame to me.

Buuuuuut...they *could* be a cool concept. Like an anti-Espionage Squad that could battle the Legion's sneakiest members! Real cold-blooded assassins that are intelligent and subversive, rather than just super-villains called assassins. And it would be a great way to spotlight the espionage squad by giving it its very own nemesis group.

#87777 11/01/07 04:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Apollo, instead of walking around in a little white skirt and charming bank tellers, could become a James Bond-type, still a lady-killer, but evil, with lots of high-tech gadgets.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#87778 11/06/07 07:30 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Buuuuuut...they *could* be a cool concept. Like an anti-Espionage Squad that could battle the Legion's sneakiest members! Real cold-blooded assassins that are intelligent and subversive, rather than just super-villains called assassins. And it would be a great way to spotlight the espionage squad by giving it its very own nemesis group.
Agreed. A small secretive group that strike when you least expect it. Kind of what the original assassins were like. Down right scary. They would have a cause and the LoSA did but I would play it up.

Would love to see Cham and the Espionage squad square off against them.

#87779 11/06/07 08:20 PM
Deputy
Deputy
The Taurus Gang and The Devils Dozen come to mind.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#87780 11/06/07 09:53 PM
SLK Offline
Substitute
Substitute
I've often thought that the Devil's Dozen would be a cool concept to rework. It would be a bit more monstrous and demonic. The original members would have to reworked a bit. The biggest problem is the name of the leader - how could anyone strike terror in the hearts of others with a name like Evillo?

#87781 11/06/07 11:35 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Mantis Morlo.
A villainous bio-genetic genius growing his own bad guys could be pretty darned dangerous.

#87782 11/07/07 12:25 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
While she got plenty of exposure, I always thought that the Emerald Empress could have done with more fleshing out. She was 'queen' of Venegar for a time, a world she apparently conquered by force, it would be neat to see some sort of development on that idea (say, modern day Venegarians as members of the UP, and being fierce proponents of the SPs and the Legion, due to their opposition to the 'Emerald Tyrant' while perhaps a smaller faction of loyalists, ex-agents of her regime, long for a return to their past glory, and work to spring her from the TiG when she gets captured...).

Most of the Fatal Five could use some fleshing out of this nature. Tharok always came across as a bit of a jobber, despite supposedly having intelligence in Brainiac Five's league. Mano was a cypher, other than the tale of his destroying his homeworld. Validus, well, he got developed in a way that I was never terribly fond of...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#87783 11/07/07 01:53 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Thing about that though is, done right, the Legion could never have more than a phyrric victory, because such a group of assassins should get their target [with the advantage of surprise, most of the Legionnaires would be entirely vulnerable to a headshot, or a dagger in the heart - and assassins should never engage a target unless they have a killshot available. Remember that "Legion Disassembled" thing I PMed you once? That was predicated on that idea...]

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#87784 11/07/07 10:26 AM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
Maybe someone could write an Omen and Prophet story that was coherent.

SunBoy

#87785 11/07/07 06:38 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Reboot:
Thing about that though is, done right, the Legion could never have more than a phyrric victory, because such a group of assassins should get their target [with the advantage of surprise, most of the Legionnaires would be entirely vulnerable to a headshot, or a dagger in the heart - and assassins should never engage a target unless they have a killshot available. Remember that "Legion Disassembled" thing I PMed you once? That was predicated on that idea...]
Ah, but, in Silver Age fashion, the Super-Assassins could be shone on the cover, standing over the dead Legionnaires, and inside the story we get to see their coldly efficient killings of our beloved characters, only to find out at stories end that the Legion had gotten advance warning and set up decoys (robots, who appear human to even advanced scans, thanks to Brainiac being all smart and stuff). The Assassins celebrate their victory only to get nabbed by the very much alive Legionnaires!

Or it could be the ironic twist, the actual Legion has been taken over by evil dopplegangers, and the Assassins end up killing the fakes, and inadvertantly freeing the *real* Legionnaires! They could even discover, at the last moment, that the 'Dark Man' who hired them was Brainiac Five, who was the lone escapee from the evil Dopplegangers, and recruited the Assassins to get rid of the invading extra-dimensional entities (who can't really 'die,' only be dispersed back to their home-dimension with the 'death' of the fake bodies they've created!).

In either case, the Assassins get to appear as scarily effective at the whole killing-people-thing, but simply having been manipulated into killing the 'wrong Legion.'

Plus Blok can stay an Assassin and Lazon can be the one to make the jump, 'cause he's vastly cooler. smile

#87786 11/10/07 08:47 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Bait'n'switches rather tend to be frowned upon in modern comics, however...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#87787 11/11/07 03:27 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Reboot:
Bait'n'switches rather tend to be frowned upon in modern comics, however...
Bah to the modern comic then. smile I like something happening that suggests that the heroes might actually have outmaneuvered the villains right from the get-go, although I do prefer if there is some sort of hint to the reader that all is not as it seems (to avoid the Murder by Death situation where the reader feels cheated by a situation they could not have anticipated).

This months Astonishing X-Men had something sort of bait-n-switch-y, but Joss is rather fond of any tactic that makes him feel smarter than his audience.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,261
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Straya
Straya
Oklahoma City, OK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star