Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Fanfic DC2's Tales of the GLC: VIDAR! a prelude to Legion!
#121366 02/05/06 01:13 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Well...

There you have it. Tales of the Green Lantern Corps: Vidar. I have posted it here first... issue 1 is due to post mid-Ferbruary on a bi-weekly schedule on the DC2 site, but I was hoping to get some early feedback from some hard core Legion fans...

Let me know what you thought! Stay tuned for more on DC2\'s Legion of Super-heroes coming soon (issue #0 will post a month after Vidar #3 hits... but I'm sure I'll post it here first!).

Also, if you did like it, check out this: Superboy & the Legion of Super-heroes! also posted here in bits... unless, of course, you've already read it! It's written by me with art by Jim & I as well!

Cheers!

Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com
#121367 02/11/06 09:24 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Scott, I love your writing style. You have a tremendous talent for character growth and pacing, also some of the small details (Laurel Kent as Daily Planet reporter, Levitz Towers) is great.

A few very clever lines - Vidar wishing he'd inherited telepathy from his mother rather that hair loss from his father for instance - capture his personality beautifully. His anger at the Guardians tempered by the love of his family - great stuff! Who hasn't felt aggreived at their employer and calmed it down by thinking of their family at some point in their career?

The covers make for lovely starting points for each section, wish I could draw so I could do the same thing for my writings!

I'll definitely be checkingout your DC2 site, best of luck withit!

More, more, more!!!

Bxx

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#121368 02/19/06 02:34 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Interesting, Scott. Good portrayal of the many emotions that led to the creation of Universo (and his monocle!) - death of his wife, the annhilation of people in his apartment complex, dismissal of his warnings by the Guardians. I'm very curious to see how Vidar survived that "ending", so to echo Harbinger, I hope you continue with this.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#121369 02/19/06 12:23 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Thanks!

I am continuing with it! I have already written DC2's Legion of Super-Heroes #0-#3; and though Universo has not made an appearance yet, he will.

I won't delve into how he survived too soon... but it will eventually be revealed. I always have a plan!

I'll post #0 as soon as I have a completed cover... which reminds me, I need to get to work on it, so if you'll excuse me!

Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,253
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
AndrewNolan
AndrewNolan
Pennsylvania
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star