Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 121 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I got a scanner for Christmas (pictures!)
#135132 01/20/05 03:53 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Hello is it okay if I start a new thread to show some pictures I drew of Legionnaires and stuff??? I hope you won't mind! I think I've got my image editor to get it down to a reasonable size, at least when I view it on my website it seems not to take too long loading! Sorry if I've done it wrong! This is the *very first* time I have ever attempted anything like this and errm..I'm scared frankly! Be gentle with me! shocked

http://login.internettrash.com/users/angelviolet/duo2.jpg

I hope it comes out okay. It's a picture of Duo Damsel. Ummm I'm sure she's recognisable! I have put the head and the bust too close together I think (that's an anatomical mistake I keep making!) and I think one ankle is thinner than the other. On the more positive side I'm very happy with the eyes. (was going for a slightly anime style look)

Hope it's not too bad! (I am so scared!!!!)

Fire in the disco! Fire in the Taco Bell! Fire in the disco! Fire in the gates of hell!!
Re: I got a scanner for Christmas (pictures!)
#135133 01/20/05 03:54 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
That should be I got a scanner for Christmas
And I haven't worked out how to post the actual image I am afraid , it just comes out as a hyperlink
Oh gawd I am now embarrassed!!!!

Erm is it possible to edit the title?

Sorry bout this!

(anyway there is a picture of duo damsel on the other side of the link if you want to see it)

Oh I am so embarrassed....agggh

Fire in the disco! Fire in the Taco Bell! Fire in the disco! Fire in the gates of hell!!
#135134 01/20/05 04:03 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Third time lucky....

[Linked Image]

#135135 01/20/05 04:58 PM
Active
Active
This looks great Infectious! Do you work with colors at all? I'd be interested to see it colored...

Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com
#135136 01/20/05 05:00 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Gosh, Jackie, that's GREAT! If they do an animated Legion, I hope it's more in line with your drawing than with the cutesy anime of the Teen Titans Go! cartoon.

More, more, more! smile

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#135137 01/20/05 06:45 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
click to enlarge

Now that you figured out the [*img] tag to make it a thumbnail you just put [*thumb] and [*/thumb] in it's place.
Don't worry about it sweetie, I rememer trying to figure out how the heck to post pictures when we were still on the yahoo group site almost exclusively.
hhhmmm...I wonder if those are still there..

That really does look great! I don't know if the breasts are "too close to the head" I just think she's "perky" laugh

#135138 01/20/05 06:53 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
These are great!

You can edit the title by editing your first post, just press the fourth icon from the date and time at the head of each post.

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#135139 01/20/05 11:28 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
I do do colours, although with coloured pencils (( haven't worked out how to do it digitally yet!) I'll see about getting up some coloured stuff soon. (actually the coloured stuff looks really good! even if I do say so myself!)

I will try and get some more pictures up soon! I wanted to put more up last night but BF came round just at that moment and that means all night on his landrover message board and I don't get near the computer again! smile That scamp!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I was really nervous! (as you can tell from what I said first time!) I really appreciate all the feedback!

More soon! I promise!

#135140 01/21/05 04:55 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
okay here's another one, just a quick one for now. Thanks for telling me about the thumb tag Yellow Kid! I wondered how you did that! Thanks for telling me how to edit the title Viviane! Darn, I'm such a noob! smile

click to enlarge

This one is a little faded as I didn't do as many bold lines as on the previous one. I think it came out quite well though! It's Apparition of course!

Umm, would anyone be kind enough to tell me how you colour on a computer? Can you do it with paint shop pro? My bf is going to bring me a copy of that if and when he remembers! (could be a long wait.!) tongue

More later! hopefully. (I'll get to something in colour soon!)

#135141 01/21/05 06:06 AM
Active
Active
Having no artistic talent at all when it comes to drawing, sketching, painting, or anything like that, I am just in awe of you people who can see an image in your mind and put it on paper. These sketches are wonderful, quite good, and I'd enjoy seeing more of your work. Thank you for sharing, and for perservering through the computer-techno hoops you have to jump through. Keep it up! (I loved 'perky' duo damsel, and the shape of her face with the look of her eyes. Very nice) smile

#135142 01/21/05 09:11 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Thanks SG!

I was pleased with DD myself! Glad you like her! More will be forthcoming in the future! (but not in the 31st century that would be a bit too long to wait! smile )

#135143 01/21/05 09:55 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yes, PSP works pretty well for coloring things to put online. You can find tutorials here and there, it's a good idea to check them out, I didn't do that early enough and it took a long time to figure out some of those functions.
PhotoShop may be a little better but I've seen some really good stuff done with PSP.

#135144 01/21/05 10:29 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
I thought psp might be good! Thanks YK. Now to wait for bf (Land Rover Lad) to remember to bring that disc over tongue

Well I did experiment with scanning in some of my coloured things but the colours come out all faded and blanched and some of them you can't see. I had this problem with the old scanner I remember and the psp I had installed on the old computer I seem to recall helped with that. (and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing! I probably used a fraction of the things it can do!) Can't wait 'til I have a copy of it again!

okay another one. It's probably not that good. I hope you can make the details out! It's some new Legionnaires from the new series. See if you can tell which one is which? Yes, a group shot! And boy legionnaires! (you may have noticed the girls are my favourite to draw! I have been forcing myself to draw the boys lately though 'cause I really do need the practice with male figures!)

Everyone is at different distances and hovering in mid air and the like because I'm not very good at drawing people standing next to one another!
lol Group shots usually seem to involve flying for this reason..

Anyway, hope it comes out alright. It's a bit grainy and stuff but I'm really learning this by trial and error! Please be patient with me! smile

click to enlarge

#135145 01/21/05 10:48 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Those are very good Jackie! I really like the DD one and I think the Tinya one is great as well. Group shot came out well also. They look properly sized/spaced to me.

As far as figuring out who is who...here's who I think.

Light Lass
Shrinking Violet
Sun Boy
Saturn Girl
Phantom Girl
Karate Kid

How'd I do? laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#135146 01/21/05 11:10 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
You got them all right!!

Woot! Maybe I am better with group shots than I think I am. I know it's something I've been working on smile

I actually really like how Karate Kid turned out! I really enjoy drawing his new costume, in fact I like them all but that one's particular fun to draw for some reason!

Actually Light Lass and Phantom Girl are lots of fun to draw too!

#135147 01/21/05 11:14 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
BouncingBoy

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#135148 01/21/05 11:16 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Your drawings are very appealing! DD in Cockrum-era costume... charming!

It won't be long before one of our resident coloring experts color them for you, I'm sure!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#135149 01/21/05 12:10 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Thanks Lash! I'm glad you like them!

#135150 01/21/05 12:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Nice to have more Legion art being posted! I like your stuff. It has a very feminine feel to it.

#135151 01/21/05 12:38 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Thankyou again! *blush*

One more for tonight-now how could I go this far without showing one of my namesake?

shocked

click to enlarge

#135152 01/21/05 02:17 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
This one should go over well with Lash, it's great, and I love the Tinya and girl group pics back there.

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#135153 01/22/05 04:19 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
These are fun, Infectious Drura! I like that Drura sketch best - her sleeve... um..."droppings" .... almost look like a cape. Drura should have something of the playful imp in her.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#135154 01/22/05 07:40 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Thanks Guys, I appreciate all the kind comments.

I thought Drura turned out particularly well myself!

#135155 01/22/05 02:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Nice stuff! I'm glad you've gotten over your nervousness about posting - you're putting together quite the body of work. Good for you for starting this thread despite your obvious apprehension (or downright fear smile ). I look forward to seeing more (and good luck with computer coloring - it's a fun and challenging thing to learn).

#135156 01/22/05 02:24 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Cool! Thanks Drake! Unfortunately I don't think I can put anything new up tonight as Internettrash seems to have gone down for now! (where'd it go? perhaps it is behind my sofa? that's where most things that'cannot be found' are)

The next thing I have for uploading once 'nettrash is back up is a shot of Dawnstar and Wildfire. They're standing on some planet somewhere, well that's what it looks like!

Look forward to it! Or not! smile

Yeah I was absolutely terrified but I'm glad I plucked up the courage, this is a lot of fun!

later!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,974
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
AndrewNolan
AndrewNolan
Pennsylvania
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star