Roll Call
0 members (), 66 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/13/24 07:30 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/13/24 07:23 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How did Dr. Mayavale say you betrayed and caused him to die in a past life.
#150249 11/06/08 08:52 PM
strange but not a stranger
OP Offline
Dr. Mayavale: It was the summer of 1347. The Duke of Aquitaine had put out a call for court musicians. I having some skill in the fiddle set out for the Duke's castle. I traveled down through Frankenreich (what you call France) from my hometown of Antwerp.

As I walked from village to village, I would play merry tunes, thus earning my food and a room for the night. Although that room usually was the stable. But I didn't mind. I was a young man embarked upon adventure.

At the end of July, I had arrived at Villenave d'Ornon. the first person I saw was the beautiful Catherine. I was smitten. I had to get to know this vision of heaven. So, I decided to remain in the town for a while.

I went to a local tavern and began to play for my meal. I was well recieved and in fact struck up a friendship with one called Henri. Although you Legion Worlders know him as Quislet, Esq. Henri was apprentised to a lawyer in the town. I grateful accepted his offer of sharing his room with him.

The next day, I waited in the market place until I saw my angel. I composed and recited a poem in her honor right on the spot. I could tell she was most flattered. I had forgotten all about becoming a court musician for the Duke. But one who did not like the attention I was paying Catherine was Claude, her brother. BUt Henri and Claude were old friends and Henri vouched for me.

July turned into August and August became September. I was the happiest I could be. Then I happened to return to the room I shared with Henri a little earlier than usual. I had left a little present for Catherine there. Upon entering the room I saw Henri and Claude embracing naked upon the bed. At the time I was shocked and hurriedly left the room.

Henri came after me and begged me not to say anything about him and Claude. I assured him I would say nothing. For I knew Catherine would have been devastated by the scandal involving her brother and I would not do anything to harm her.

But apparently Claude did not accept my assurances. He protected himself and Henri by accusing me of being a witch. I, of course, proclaimed my innocence, but that did not matter. The accusation was made and that convicted me. In the courtroom, I pleaded with Henri to tell them that I was not a witch, but he remained silent. I was then taken outside the town limits and hanged. My body thrown into a shallow ditch.

But for Quislet, Esq.'s silence, I would have been freed and have married the lovely Catherine. I hold him responsible for my death in 1347 and the wheel of Karma turns.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
Re: How did Dr. Mayavale say you betrayed and caused him to die in a past life.
#150250 11/09/08 03:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dr. Mayavale: I was living in Vienna in 1683, owner of a tavern. Along with my fellow citizens, we were suffering through the Turkish siege. The proprietress of a bakery in my neighbourhood, Fatze Cramer, came to me with rumors of an exotic drink which the Turks had, called coffee. She claimed to have contacts with the enemy and, for a price, could procure some of this coffee for me to sell to my customers. After tasting a small sample, I agreed to supply her with the large quantity of gold she required to illegally trade with the Turks. She promised to return with the coffee by week's end.

What a trusting fool I was! She did indeed get the coffee, but used it herself, turning her bakery into a coffee house. Not only did my customers desert me for this new sensation, Fatze Cramer denied that I had ever given her any gold and claimed that she had simply found the sacks of coffee beans left behind when the Turks hastily departed, under assault by the Polish army. I was ruined, having lost my gold reserves and my customers, and hanged myself in my deserted tavern.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#150251 11/13/08 03:46 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It's astonishing that only Quiselt, Esq. and myself are accused of betrayal by Mayavale. We could be targets or put on some black list if Mayavale ever becomes LMB leader.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#150252 11/14/08 12:42 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Great googly moogly! I know I've been accused of betraying and murdering the good Doctor at some point, but for the life of me I can't remember how!

Maybe Dr. M will stop by and re-enlighten me?

#150253 11/16/08 02:40 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Same here! How can I feel sorry for it if I can't remember it?!

#150254 11/16/08 03:47 PM
OP Offline
Dr. Mayavale: Don't remember??? How could you forget? I know I have not forgotten.

How could I have forgotten young Sarah Ester the beautiful daughter of the villiage milliner? I had spent the entire winter trying to win her charms. And that was not easy because my duties to Squire Cobalte only allowed me to go into the villiage but one day each week. And that day was for Sunday church service. And yet I could tell from the way Sarah would sneak glances at me sitting in Squire Cobalte's pew that she had feelings for me as well. It was our secret. oNe that I did not even tell Squire Cobalte.

Then fate seemed to throw fortune my way. Squire Cobalte instructed me to go into the village the next day and report to John Parker. I rose extra early that morning and made my way to the milliner's house. I could see Sarah in the kitchen preparing the morning meal. Feeling bold, I went and knocked on the door. My heart soared when she answered the door and said "What do ye want? Say aren't thou the apprentice of the handsome dashing Squire Cobalte?" She knew who I was. I stood before her dumbfounded. She then said "Well don't just stand there. It is still cold though it is April. Come in a warm yourself by the fire."

She nattered on about how there were rumors that the British troops would be coming to get the supply of arms and gun powder at nearby Concord. But I heard none of it, awestruck to be in her presence.

And then it happened. The porridge simmering over the fire began to bubble over. Sarah, without thinking grabbed hold of the hot pot, burning her hand. She cried out in pain, dropping the pot and falling to the floor. I rushed to her side to see if I could help her. Just as I reached her, her father, Eryk Davis Ester - milliner, came rushing in. Seeing me standing over his daughter, he gave a cry and came rushing at me.

I paniced and rushed out of the house and onto the villiage green. I could see John Parker there with several other townsmen. I went running up, only seeing the red uniforms of the British soldiers out of the corner of my eye. There was a lot of people yelling. Just as I got to the middle of the green, a shot rang oiut followed quickly by several more. Soon everyone was firing his rifle.

A bullet struck me in the chest and I fell to the ground. The heat was unbearable and blood gushed from the open wound. I tried to rise, but found that my strength had already ebbed away. As I laid there dying, my thoughts turned towards my love Sarah. If only Squire Cobalte had not sent me to town today, if only Milliner Ester had not chased me from the house, I would not be here dying. Instead I would have been able to marry my beloved and live a long and full life.

When I first became aware of my past lives, I did try to find out what happened to my lovely Sarah. Did she spend her life an old maid, mourning for her dead lover? But no, from the records, I saw the ultimate betrayal. That very summer, she married Squire Cobalte.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#150255 09/03/11 12:44 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
bump

#150256 09/03/11 02:31 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Dr. Mayavale: I remember it like yesterday. It was in the reign of Menkheper, during what is now called the eighteenth dynasty of ancient Egypt, and I was a palace slave, owned by the temple of Osiris, and employed as body-servant to the Pharoah himself. There was no more trusted position in all the upper and lower kingdom, and no matter my lowly station, I was privy to secrets that the most powerful men in Egypt would pay great coin to my owners in the temple to know.

I found myself with a strange sort of power, as it had taken years to work my way into this position of confidence, and it might be generations before the temple could get another of its slaves into this position, so the priests, who technically held power of life and death over me, spoke to me as an equal, not willing to risk upsetting me and losing their advantage.

The other slaves regarded me with a mixture of respect (the others employed by the temple of Osiris) and barely-concealed loathing (the many, many others, sent on behalf of the other temples, all coveting my position), but one seemed to ignore such matters, the slave Om Seti, who seemed quite pleased with his own duties cleaning linens, and utterly uninterested in advancing his position.

We would talk on occasion, and his simple honesty was refreshing, compared to the fawning or scorn directed my way by others. He heard the most scandalous gossip cleaning the private quarters of the Pharoah's guests, and would turn conversations away from anything I might have heard, in stark contrast to everyone else, who wished to trick me into letting slip some rumor the Pharoah and his doings.

And then the terrible day came, when word spread through the palace that the Pharoah's light had been extinguished. Slaves ran in all directions, only to be stopped and seized by soldiers, as we were all marched to the meeting hall, where the Pharoah's body lay upon the blood-soaked tiles. I was shocked at the sight, and fell to my knees. An arm lifted me and supported me. It was my friend, Om Seti, nodding, I thought, his understanding at my grief, as we looked upon the body of our murdered king.

And then something was pressed into my hand, some token of friendship, I thought, until I looked down and saw a bloody dagger in my hand.

A strong arm shoved me roughly forward and I fell in front of the Pharoah's guard, the bloody dagger clattering from my hand. I had time but to shriek in outrage and confusion as their blades pierced my flesh, and turned my head to see my 'old friend' Om Seti, wiping his bloodied hand on a piece of clean linen, and smiling to himself as my spirit fled my body.

I am returned, 'old friend,' and I remember everything...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#150257 10/07/11 07:06 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I stepped on him when he was reincarnated as a cockroach, apparently.

#150258 10/09/11 11:38 AM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Dr. Mayavale: cleome45. Ah, yes. Back then, "she" was a young and rising attache' to President Johnson. I was the President's official dog-walker.

The betrayal involved Medicaid fraud, several disgraced Pentagon contractors, and a strikeforce of radioactive kangaroo rats dressed as 19th Century cossacks being parachuted over the South China Sea. That is all you need to know.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#150259 10/09/11 02:21 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
How come all of these past lives take place on Earth?

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GlenCadigan

or check out my website at http://www.glencadigan.com
#150260 10/09/11 03:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the cockroach one could have taken place anywhere, Glen.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#150261 10/09/11 03:44 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by cleome45:
I'm pretty sure the cockroach one could have taken place anywhere, Glen.
This one actually took place in the slums on the highest mountain top of the only land-based continent in the sixth planet from the second star in the third spiral arm of our galaxy.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,265
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Lightning Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SeaPea
SeaPea
Orange County, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star