Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 36 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 11:28 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added EYEFUL ETHEL & SUNSWORD 5 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 06:42 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 06:41 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by razsolo - 05/06/24 05:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 03:05 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 51 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 50 51
Re: Varalent's Variable Villa
#159202 08/14/06 05:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
if need be, I can call in an army of my psychotic siblings ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#159203 08/14/06 06:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
A holographic image of Faraway Lad appears. It shimmers and is faint, fading in and out of focus. Seen briefly in the background are many men in historical costumes of all ages and not a few buxom wenches with low cut tops.

“….Cobalt Kid….Cobalt Kid, can you hear me?” Said Faraway. “I am trying to contact you from this time prison that the Time mouse trapper has caught me in but the power drain need to break his cheese barrier of time is too great. I only have a few minutes”

The figure fades before returning.

“I am aware of events and know of the new ambassador, normally it is my task to deal with such ambassadors but I am stuck here. I will try to contact you at times to offer advice, but…”

After a few seconds the image reappears.

“Cobalt it is a few weeks since my last message, I have discovered much in my conversations here in the beer tent at the end of time. An ancient roman decurian warns of an attack on Legion world by the Barbarians of the northern wall, but this is just a diversion, he warns to beware of the circle. It is closing and may close on those we love. He says ………”

The image fades.

Faithfull
#159204 08/14/06 08:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
hmmmm....

Faraway trapped in time, two other senior members accused... classic divide-amd-conquer techniques.

In the absence of AL, I'm going to declare that Legion World has any and all jurisdiction over charges against its members and officers, and all extradition agreements are temporarily suspended, as we have goos cause to suspect treason and infiltration -- I will not name names, to keep diplomatic channels open - for now.

I am also declaring that this other space ranger has zero authority here, and if he persists in any investigations without the expressed permission and cooperation of the Security Office, he will be considered an enemy of the state.

My External Affairs (tm) operatives tell me that this Dark Oval may, in fact, be working with... Scientologists. Or rather, a sect of Scientologists who view Battlefield: Earth as their dacred scripture, so we may be facing religious fanatics as well.

I suggest each and every one of us lobby any UP authorities we know to stand with us, regatdless of the UP Council's actions. Diplomatically, of course. The best wexan hope for, I think, is a resolution reinforcing individual worlds' rights to self-defense (and by proxy, mutual defense - with us).

Any thoughts before I make auch a declaration?

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#159205 08/14/06 10:08 PM
Substitute
Substitute
MRRROOOAAAARRRRRR!

* Just let me at 'em. I'll round up the Super Pets and we'll tear them to bits like last time!!!!

MRRROOOAAARRRRRRR!

#159206 08/14/06 10:18 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I made it...did I missssss anything?

#159207 08/14/06 10:34 PM
Vee Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
"Calm down Connie ", Vee smiles. "It isn't quite time to be tearing them apart, though I suspect your talents and those of the Super Pets will come in handy in the coming weeks."

"If I may, Kent.

First of all, welcome to my Villa. It's been a while since some of you have been here, but it's doors are always open to any friends of ours, particularly in difficult times.

Since it appears that Faraway Lad is currently unavailable to carry out his duties on the diplomatic front, I hereby offer to stand in his place. I have some diplomatic training myself and would treasure the opportunity to match wits with the Dark Oval emissary.

Many of you know little, if anything. about my beginnings, but I am heir to the Variable Realm. For those that don't know of it, the Variable Realm is unique in many ways, including the fact that we exist in multiple universes at the same time. In a sense, we are the single thread that ties all the varying existences together.

I can assure you that OUR existence is the key to the multiverse. This is the bedrock on which all the other variations are based and so it is the most crucial of all to be defended.

This threat from the Dark Oval is but a small piece of a multiversal danger. But it is a critical piece. Should we fail, the rest of the multiversal forces of truth and justice will fall, like dominos, and the evil we know as the Dark Oval shall reign supreme.

There is a Great Darkness that draws near. The enourmously powerful forces of evil are lining up against us. This will be the central battle and our forces are spread woefully thin throughout the multiverse because the great majority of sentinents would rather hide their heads in the sand and hope they are overlooked, rather than standing tall and fighting for all that is good a decent.

Let me assure you all, that the resources of the Variable Realm, throughout all existences, are at my disposal, but they will not be enough. It pleases me to know that the Psyonians and the Pyngwyns are already marshalling their forces. Two stauncher allies could not be found in any existence. But we need more.

I urge you to apply whatever pressure you may all have to sway the support of others. we will need all the aid we can muster in the coming days.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#159208 08/15/06 12:35 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Kent, I knew you would stand with us. It's great to have one of our current leaders onboard and being proactive. Hopefully, you speak for Actor Lad as well.

Vee, I trust you completely, and it's eye-opening to see the threat is even larger than I ever imagined.

And responding to Vee's urging us to find more allies, I have something controversial to put on the table---how would you all feel if I try to persuade Whordru, the LMB's old sorceress nemesis, to join her forces with ours as part of the coalition?

I know it's a little out there, but she has no love for the Dark Oval. And she has considerable forces at her disposal (in addition to her own considerable power) as she is ruler of her own planet. Besides all that, she owes me one.

I won't aproach her, though, if the consensus is against it. She's hurt us in the past but never caused the death of any LMBer or Legion Worlder.

Anyhow, it's on the table for discussion.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#159209 08/15/06 08:33 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
<private aside to LL>...what if you did so under the old 'plausible deniability' ruse? You know, 'acting on your own,' and LW , to protect itself, denies all knowledge of such an alliegance, so as not to distance LW from her UP allies. Since you're already falsely being called a criminal, you have less to lose; and we have plenty of LWers who can descreetly help you if things turn sour.<end private aside>

#159210 08/15/06 08:45 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well said, Vee.

I hereby deputize you as Acting Ambassador and Assistant Deputy Leader for Strategic Alliances.

#159211 08/15/06 08:52 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Excellent, I'm beyond proud of the progress being made already. Well done Kent, and well done Vee. It appears we all are starting to become aware of how deadly the danger is.

I've done some heavy thinking these past few hours and believe Faraway being trapped in the past is no mere coincidence either. But I think I understand the motivation now. As many of you know, we have our allies on Earth-4, the SMB. However, it is impossible to access Earth-4 without Faraway Lad present. Perhaps our enemies ahve cut us off from the largest resource of allies we currently have, by trapping Faraway in the past, while he duels with the Time Mouse Trapper?

While we consider what allies to contact, I have it on good authority that the D.O. Ambassador is arriving soon, possibly even later today...good luck Kent and Vee in dealing with him. This dialogue here has been very productive so far, and I think it should remain open...

#159212 08/15/06 01:18 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Is there anything we can do to rescue Faraway, so we can gain access to the SMB? If not, are there any ideas for alternative ways to reach Earth 4? Are our hands tied?

#159213 08/15/06 01:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I wonder if there is any way that Reboot can modify the Psyonian Dimensional Portal technology to bridge the gap to Earth 4?

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#159214 08/15/06 01:31 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Sounds like it's worth a shot anyway.

#159215 08/15/06 02:22 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm not sure its such a good idea. Doing that could cause someone to be comletely lost in the multiverse--they could end up anywhere b/t Earth-1 to Earth-Infinity.

Still, I'm sure someone will try. Be careful, I warn you...

#159216 08/15/06 05:27 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I've had some success with stepping from one location to another through the Poltergiest Area.
Perhaps I can make it to Earth 4 the same way.
I am willing to take a chance and try it.....

#159217 08/15/06 06:10 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I dunno, deddy...I agree with Cobalt that it's too risky to try something like that cold. We need you and every other hero we can get. I'd rather have our scientists research possibilities first and come up with whatever method has the lowest risk. Please hold off on that for now.

#159218 08/15/06 06:19 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Maybe a magic limerick

There once was an Earth number 4
No one could ask for anything more
It would be
the place for me
Even though I've never been there before.

*People looking at Quislet, Esq. see him get all blurry and then fade out of sight*

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#159219 08/15/06 06:38 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Well, so much for research......

<ugh>

#159220 08/15/06 07:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Didn't the 'L' train used to run to Earth 4? I'll bet the tunnel under the Gotham River and the Earth 4 station on the other side are still intact...

#159221 08/15/06 09:01 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I was on a team that went to Earth-4 in the Infinite Crisis, right after I arrived on Legion World. Faraway sent us, of course, but while I was there I--I met someone. I know this is business, but if we send a team now, I'd like to go.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#159222 08/15/06 10:07 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I tried anyways......
I'm afraid I was unable to pierce the dimensional barrier between here and E4.
Thats one option we can rule out.

#159223 08/15/06 11:09 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
It may be that if I can get a good read on Far at the end of the universe, his powers coupled with my forcefields might be able to force the Security Office Time Bubble through on the return journey.

Or, I might wind up stuck at the bar at the end of time too young to order legally.

#159224 08/15/06 11:13 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I've actually heard of the Lard Force being applied for time travelling before. However, those Knights were pretty well-schooled in temporal theory. That stuff's way over my head! And none of my contemporaries are currently applying the energy in that manner.

#159225 08/16/06 08:53 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Latest intel:

The Dark Oval is a sector of space that is run by (5) cartels. Some of these we know next to nothing about. Among the five, we've identified the following:

1) The Black Sun, who I don't believe has much to do here. They are a religious sect that has plagued the LMB before.

2) The Dominators, who I can confirm are involved in the proceedings here. A Dominator warship has been spotted making its way through the UP. And this current Ambassador, who has remained silent, appears to be working for the Dominators.

3) the Hrykosians, whom are leading this 'attack'. It is their former leader, Daemon Hrykos that LardLad and myself are blamed for murdering. This cartel is well-known for being involved in galactic crime, being the major player in financial support to UP terrorists and supplying weapons to the Khunds.

The Dark Oval has recently struck an alliance via a document called "The Affiliated Planets Treaty" that has made them allies of Khundia, Ggrrgg and Avalon.

I have reason to believe there are more fleets within UP space circling close to Legion World. They have advanced cloack techonology and I've had my triumvirate army, as well as Abin Quank, searching for them in space.

#159226 08/16/06 08:55 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Maybe a magic limerick

There once was an Earth number 4
No one could ask for anything more
It would be
the place for me
Even though I've never been there before.

*People looking at Quislet, Esq. see him get all blurry and then fade out of sight*
It looks like the trip to Earth-4 must be tried no matter what. Quis has somehow unlocked the passage with a magic limerick, and now someone needs to go get him!

Page 34 of 51 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,162
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SCarlet
SCarlet
the Hive
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star