Roll Call
0 members (), 35 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/06/24 02:35 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/06/24 01:31 PM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by Ann Hebistand - 05/06/24 01:30 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 11:28 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added EYEFUL ETHEL & SUNSWORD 5 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 06:42 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by razsolo - 05/06/24 05:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 03:05 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Whither the Election Tyrant?
#201171 02/14/09 11:19 AM
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by cleome: I'll see about finding a suit in the wardrobe that still fits, and doing something about my long-ass hippie hair before the first debate.
Here is $250,000.00 to get yourself a new wardrobe for the campaign. Don't tell anybody. If it does leak out, we'll say that the clothes will end up being given to charity after the election.

Oh and here is $10,000.00 to buy Mr. cleome some suits.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#201172 02/14/09 11:21 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Helena Handbasket:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[b] I like the idea of two people running together as Leader/Deputy Leader. It might give the elections some very much neeeded spice after several boring ones.

Not bad, Gary Concord. For a douchebag. tongue
If one must have a running mate for this election, I can think of no one I'd rather have at my side, whether on a dipolmatic mission or in a gunfight, than Everyday Girl.

Everyday Girl and I have shown our belief in Legion World and are pledging to serve her well as Leader and Deputy Leader.

Bring on your challenges Mr. Concord. You will find the Handbasket/Girl team a formidable duo. [/b]
Ohmygod! You didn't tell me I'd like get to take a few shots at Mr. Jerk-cord and his frigid girl friend Miss Freeze-O.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou... Helena, I'm gonna like enjoy this election sooooooooo much!

Now I gotta like find Tamper-Puss and get him to like make up a batch of rubber knee-cappers and hot shots...

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#201173 02/14/09 11:33 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Virgin Lad:
Memo to Security Office:

Add Ram Boy to "The List".

C.T.
Memo to "Virgin Lad"

Ram Boy is on Lots of lists, mainly in a good way...

You however...

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(What kind of name is Virgin Lad, anyway? Hasn't he met Gladys or Good Time Charlie yet?)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#201174 02/14/09 11:43 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Gary Concord, an Ultra Man: 2nd change, debates should be a little more physical. Stating your position articulately is fine but can you do that while defending ypurself from a rapidly escalating physical attack?
Bravado, bluster and BS, sir. I see you're already attempting to rewrite history to suit yourself and your hitherto unknown agenda. A self serving one I suspect.

[soapbox]
In this time of infinite crisis, a time of Legions without homes, in this time when the best must step up so that we may all move forward, the divisive policies of would be conquerors, the unintended consequences of the powerful and the super elite must not hold us back from our solemn duty.

It is the performance of that duty which all the United Planet worlds look to us to stand strong and steadfast. Yes even the Science Police and the UP itself must know they can count on a Legion. They must know they are secure from the tyrants, the Khunds, the Dominators and the Fatal Fives, the Terror Firmas and the Sklarians. They must know they are secure in their homes and on their jobs from the large threats and the small villainies. They must know that a Legion stands ready at all times, on all worlds and that this Legion will not waver in the face of the storm.

I do not believe Gary Concord, no I do not believe that you an Ultra Man are the man the leader to lead this Legion to those victories. We do not serve for the fame, the glory, for personal gain, no we do not. We serve because we are called to service. We serve because we believe and we have the will.
We are Legion.

Who sir are you? What do you serve?

Threats are do not impress us, you do not know the extent of the powers you mock. You do not know the trials we have endured nor the victories we have achieved. Your vision is narrow, your purpose is obscure and your powers are derivative. I ask you again sir: who do you serve?
[/soapbox]

#201175 02/14/09 11:45 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
[b]It is not the policy of Legion World to submit to illegitimate authority. If we didn't do it for Gary Concord or Dark STU, I see no reason to do it for you.

You have no say over whether LW conducts elections or not.
There is absolutely nothing "illegitimate" about the authority I wield in this matter. I am an elected LMBP Leader and am exercising legal powers under the authority of that office and of the DMP and with the support of the Security Office. Lard Lad's status and that of the similarly "resurrected" Space Ranger are ongoing security concerns. Neither has been able to conclusively verify their identities. Without sanctions, both could pose a considerable threat to LMBP and Legion World's security.

Lard Lad's name is being bandied about as a popular candidate for our new leader. Plus, he is uncomfortably approaching Time Trapper status and the special priveleges that allows. Space Ranger, if granted his former status, has access to the most Top Secret security secrets vital to Legion World's survival.

If either or both are agents of one of the LMBP's numerous enemies, the consequences would be catastrophic! And what if there are more among us?

Disparage me all you want, but never question my commitment to the safety of our beloved home nor the purity of my intentions! [/b]
Sentient, while I share your concern for the security of Legion World and the LMBP I have to question your qualifications for the positions you seem to want bestowed upon you.

(I mean c'mon, this is the LMBP... and you're a Virgin! Round Peg meet Square Hole...)

#201176 02/14/09 12:08 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Originally posted by Gary Concord, an Ultra Man: 2nd change, debates should be a little more physical. Stating your position articulately is fine but [b]can you do that while defending ypurself from a rapidly escalating physical attack?
Bravado, bluster and BS, sir. I see you're already attempting to rewrite history to suit yourself and your hitherto unknown agenda. A self serving one I suspect.

[soapbox]
In this time of infinite crisis, a time of Legions without homes, in this time when the best must step up so that we may all move forward, the divisive policies of would be conquerors, the unintended consequences of the powerful and the super elite must not hold us back from our solemn duty.

It is the performance of that duty which all the United Planet worlds look to us to stand strong and steadfast. Yes even the Science Police and the UP itself must know they can count on a Legion. They must know they are secure from the tyrants, the Khunds, the Dominators and the Fatal Fives, the Terror Firmas and the Sklarians. They must know they are secure in their homes and on their jobs from the large threats and the small villainies. They must know that a Legion stands ready at all times, on all worlds and that this Legion will not waver in the face of the storm.

I do not believe Gary Concord, no I do not believe that you an Ultra Man are the man the leader to lead this Legion to those victories. We do not serve for the fame, the glory, for personal gain, no we do not. We serve because we are called to service. We serve because we believe and we have the will.
We are Legion.

Who sir are you? What do you serve?

Threats are do not impress us, you do not know the extent of the powers you mock. You do not know the trials we have endured nor the victories we have achieved. Your vision is narrow, your purpose is obscure and your powers are derivative. I ask you again sir: who do you serve?
[/soapbox] [/b]
Bravo! Bravo! That was a very nice speech Yellow Kid. 99% Male Bovine Animal Excrement but a nice speech none the less.

Unfortunately for you I only need two words to counter your pretty blow-sunshine-up-the-worlds-butt oratory.

And those two words are...

Cobalt Kid!

All of your self serving we are chosen to serve nonsense goes out the wndow with the mention of that name.

Wake up and smell the hot kono juice!

And as for who I serve? I serve the Greater Good for All.

I just do it without illusion and without attempting to put lipstick on a pig.

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#201177 02/14/09 12:23 PM
Active
Active
Have I not made myself clear?

Well, once more with feeling:

<span style="font-size: 99px;">THERE WILL BE NO GODDAMN ELECTION UNTIL THESE OFFICES ARE SATISFIED THAT NO THREAT IS BEING POSED!!!!!</span>

Is that clear enough for all of you?!?! Did my use of foul language get the point across?!?!?!

#201178 02/14/09 12:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy

THERE WILL BE NO GODDAMN ELECTION UNTIL THESE OFFICES ARE SATISFIED THAT NO THREAT IS BEING POSED!!!!!

Is that clear enough for all of you?!?! Did my use of foul language get the point across?!?!?!
Ohmygod! Mr Like a Virgin Lad, unless you want to be touched for the very first like time by a couple of rubber knee-cappers and a hot shot in a very like sensitive area, you'll like quiet down or some junk like that and listen.

There's gonna like be an election... and we don't like care that you don't like the idea. So Deal With It!

<span style="font-size: 99px;">QUIETLY</span>

You like understand?

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#201179 02/14/09 12:40 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Gary Concord, an Ultra Man:
Bravo! Bravo! That was a very nice speech Yellow Kid. 99% Male Bovine Animal Excrement but a nice speech none the less.
Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

Unfortunately for you I only need two words to counter your pretty blow-sunshine-up-the-worlds-butt oratory.

Cobalt Kid!
What's in a name? What's in a name of a superhero who has served with distinction? What's in a name that says dedication to the ideals of a Legion? What's in a name that's been rewarded by those he's sacrificed for and so many times risked heavily to save from harm, from destruction?
What indeed?
What's in your name Gary Concord?
Pride? Power? Self aggrandizement?

All of your self serving we are chosen to serve nonsense goes out the window with the mention of that name.
This is where we must part ways. We are not "chosen" we are sacrificed. We are sacrificed to do or die. We are sacrificed to the greater good each day in each battle in each crisis. Do you know our reward? Are you aware what the ultimate fate is to each of us when the day comes that we fall?
Shanghalla.

Mmmm..hot kono huice.

Such is the declaration of tyranny, the cry of destroyer, the reaver of home and family. I do not care for simple sophistry, for callous dismissal of an arrogant meta human nor the braying of a self important jackass.

Oh please. When borrowing a phrase you could at least make the attempt to make it your own. Let me give you an example and then perhaps you'll understand this very simple concept:

What's the difference between Gary Concord an Ultra Man and a pig?
Lipstick.

See how easy that was? Goodbye Mr. Concord. You've lost before the battle has even begun.

#201180 02/14/09 12:58 PM
Deputy
Deputy
It's time the Security office started looking into this situation.

(Too many cooks spoil the broth...)

#201181 02/14/09 12:59 PM
Active
Active
(Clive screaming? He's practially foaming at the mouth! This is quite alarming!)

I've returned after these many months for the elections to find Legion World on the brink of martial law! Yellow Kid nobly argues for elections but he doesn't realize the danger he's in--perhaps I should watch his back for him? Or perhaps I should talk to my friend Clive directly?

#201182 02/14/09 01:04 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Gary Concord, an Ultra Man:
Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

Cobalt Kid!
What's in a name? What's in a name of a superhero who has served with distinction? What's in a name that says dedication to the ideals of a Legion? What's in a name that's been rewarded by those he's sacrificed for and so many times risked heavily to save from harm, from destruction?
What indeed?
What's in your name Gary Concord?
Pride? Power? Self aggrandizement?

All of your self serving we are chosen to serve nonsense goes out the window with the mention of that name.
This is where we must part ways. We are not "chosen" we are sacrificed. We are sacrificed to do or die. We are sacrificed to the greater good each day in each battle in each crisis. Do you know our reward? Are you aware what the ultimate fate is to each of us when the day comes that we fall?
Shanghalla.

Mmmm..hot kono huice.

Such is the declaration of tyranny, the cry of destroyer, the reaver of home and family. I do not care for simple sophistry, for callous dismissal of an arrogant meta human nor the braying of a self important jackass.

Oh please. When borrowing a phrase you could at least make the attempt to make it your own. Let me give you an example and then perhaps you'll understand this very simple concept:

What's the difference between Gary Concord an Ultra Man and a pig?
Lipstick.

See how easy that was? Goodbye Mr. Concord. You've lost before the battle has even begun.
Ahh... but sometimes losing a single battle can be the key to winning a war.

I have to admit YK, you are a skilled orator and you display a natural talent for turning a phrase. There could be a place for a man of your talents in my campaign and in my administration.

You see, unlike the other candidates I don't particularly care whether or not your world view is aligned with mine. What I do care about is finding the best individuals to accomplish the task at hand, whether the task is winning the upcoming election or leading the LMBP after the election.

The question is are you interested in a very lucrative position with the potential for rapid advancement?

#201183 02/14/09 01:09 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Ha ha ha
Thank you Roy. My team has me covered though it's awfully kind of you to make the offer. As you can see nobody messes with the Gay Green Giant. Between myself, Bob, Red Rage and the Bluetooth Boy to monitor net communications I'm well protected.

and as for Clive I think Everyday Girl is more than ready to 'pop a cap in his knees'.

Yep. I'm good. I'm a little worried about Cobie though, this Concord fellow sounds dangerously deluded. Keep an eye on him will you?
To return the favor I'll be sure to let 3G know you're due for an outfit redesign and a makeover if you're so inclined.
Who know s what the Newboot will bring? We may all need new costumes soon.

#201184 02/14/09 01:18 PM
Active
Active
I'm always pleased with a new costume (but try to keep the 'Knight of Legion World motif--I quite like it laugh ).

I'll check on Cobalt Kid as you say, and anyone else who may be in danger, like Lard Lad.

Be careful...

#201185 02/14/09 01:44 PM
Active
Active
Speaking of Clive the Virgin Lad, where did he vanish to?

We'd like a few words with him down at the Security Office...

/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?
#201186 02/14/09 03:42 PM
Active
Active
Whereas Faraway Lad the duly elected LMB leader is far away,

and

Clive erstwhile elected deputy leader has engaged in an illegal seizure of power wherein has suspended elections and invoked emergency powers

Under the authority vested to me as a duly elected deputy leader of the LMB, I Nova Girl proclaim the following under the authority granted by the LMB Act:

1) an immediate nullification of Clive's extraordinary decrees.
2) an immediate suspension of Clive's position as deputy leader of the LMB
3) issue a warrant for Clive's arrest for his high crime of sedition.
4) order a Levee en Masse of all LMBers and reservists to put down the state of insurrection.

*signed*

Nova Girl (VW)

#201187 02/14/09 03:43 PM

THERE WILL BE NO GODDAMN ELECTION UNTIL THESE OFFICES ARE SATISFIED THAT NO THREAT IS BEING POSED!!!!!

Clive,

As the resident legal expert here on Legion World, I have checked the constitution and by-laws. Unfortunately, you don't have the authority to stop the election from taking place. According to the constitution, as deputy leader, your sole function is to attend Super-funerals of Space.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#201188 02/14/09 04:33 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Nova Girl:
Whereas Faraway Lad the duly elected LMB leader is far away,

and

Clive erstwhile elected deputy leader has engaged in an illegal seizure of power wherein has suspended elections and invoked emergency powers

Under the authority vested to me as a duly elected deputy leader of the LMB, I Nova Girl proclaim the following under the authority granted by the LMB Act:

1) an immediate nullification of Clive's extraordinary decrees.
2) an immediate suspension of Clive's position as deputy leader of the LMB
3) issue a warrant for Clive's arrest for his high crime of sedition.
4) order a Levee en Masse of all LMBers and reservists to put down the state of insurrection.

*signed*

Nova Girl (VW)
Ohmygod! Nova Girl you are so like kewl. I think you're gonna be my new like role model. At least until Helenia and I win the election and junk like that when I won't need a role model 'cuz I'll like be one.

Hi! How are you?
#201189 02/14/09 10:53 PM
Active
Active
<later, in his quarters...>

The NERVE of that harlot Nova Girl--trying to make ME out to be in the wrong! It doesn't matter--I'll do whatever it TAKES to purify Legion World! Even if I have to--

Even if you have to do what?

<startled, Clive turns to see a cloaked figure visible in the darkness, the face indistinguishable>

So, imposter...are you here to stop me from exposing you once and for all? I'd like to see you try!

<Clive reaches out with his Lard Force>

What?!?! There's no effect! I didn't know you could--?!?!

What you don't know, 'Virgin Lad', could fill several tomes. It's past time to rid this World of your blight!

<the figure unsheathes a sword and approaches Clive>

<Clive backs into a corner his hands outstretched in front of him>

<the figure cuts one of Clive's hands off>

Aaaagh! B-by all that's holy and pure...d-don't do this....

Clive, death is the ultimate state of purity.

<stabs Clive in the heart, then removes and resheathes the sword>

T-Tim--I'm s-so sorr---

Was it good for you?

<lobs Clive's dead body over the balcony>

<the figure lingers for a moment to watch, then disappears>

#201190 02/14/09 10:53 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
If someone will second my nomination then I will officially enter the race as well.

Nominations include but are not yet limited to-

Lard Lad
cleome
<strike>Kent Shakespeare (asked but not yet responded)</strike>
Everyday Girl (nominated for deputy)
Helena Handbasket (self nominated)
Gary Concord (self nominated)
Frio (nominated for deputy)
Yellow Kid <strike>(nomination not yet seconded)</strike>
Stu (nomination not yet seconded)

I would like to remind Legionworlders that historically the application of the terms Superhero and Supervillian have in no way disqualified certain posters from competing in the elections. Too often certain storylines have cast each term in doubt and is therefore considered not to be applicable to nomination, competition for nor election to these high offices.

#201191 02/14/09 11:13 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I hereby second Yellow Kid's nomination! smile

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#201192 02/15/09 12:04 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I owe you one Rocky.
heh heh heh

#201193 02/15/09 08:06 AM
Active
Active
imperitive STU must will be It that is crisis upcoming that the LMBP leader during the or lost.

him nominate I Therefore!!

When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.
#201194 02/15/09 09:09 AM
Active
Active
If someone will second my nomination then I will officially enter the race as well.

Nominations include but are not yet limited to-

Lard Lad
cleome
Kent Shakespeare (asked but not yet responded)
Everyday Girl (nominated for deputy)
Helena Handbasket (self nominated)
Gary Concord (self nominated)
Yellow Kid <strike>(nomination not yet seconded)</strike>

I would like to remind Legionworlders that historically the application of the terms Superhero and Supervillian have in no way disqualified certain posters from competing in the elections. Too often certain storylines have cast each term in doubt and is therefore considered not to be applicable to nomination, competition for nor election to these high offices.
You seem to be missing a name from your list. I'm fairly certain I nominated Frio as my running mate. And after checking over the original post, why... Yes I Did Nominate Frio as My choice for Deputy Leader.

#201195 02/15/09 10:19 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Apologies.

I'll return to the list and fix that. This evening I plan to update the list with any new nominations or seconds. As yet there is no requirement that a nomination be seconded by another member but think about it if you can't even get a second person to speak up for you what then does that say about your potential as a candidate?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,165
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star