Roll Call
0 members (), 35 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:27 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:24 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Vacation to Rimbor
#222345 11/24/12 08:56 AM
The Green Queen
The Green Queen
"You have GOT to be kidding," Zoe muttered. "I didn't think real space-pirates would TALK like Treasure Island rejects!" With a wave of her hand, she stopped the first hail of bullets in mid-air. Then, the nearest pirate's gun glowed green as it wrapped around him. He only had a moment to look startled before Zoe hit him on the head with it.

Zoe turned to the next nearest, a girl with dark skin and long hair in a ponytail. Zoe raised her hand to lift her opponent's gun...

... and was shocked to see it be pulled back down.

The girl's lips twisted into a cruel smile. "You're not the only telekinetic around here."

Why must power be so elusive?
#222346 11/24/12 10:38 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
A voice shouted, "There is only five of them! We can take this ship easily."

"Should we take prisoners?"An orange-skinned Yewan asked. It was difficult to tell if it was a male of female due to its hair-style and built.

The captain answered, "Take no prisoners! Remember what happened last time?"

"Whatever you say boss," The Yewan said. He took out a broad sword and began running towards the LMBers. Red Arrow began her attack b firing three arrows.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#222347 11/24/12 03:23 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Power Boy grinned to himself ... "we haven't even reached Rimbor and they're trying to kill us. It must be worse than we though."

Power Boy grabbed the pirate nearest to him ... and threw her with his might ... way out into deep space.

She would survive but it would take her some time to get back, or she would need a rescue.

Power Boy focused his laser vision on another pirate ... crippling his space suit ... oxygen sputtered from the pirate's suit ...

That pirate would have to return to the ship before his suit collapsed completely.

Then, Power Boy sped towards the pirate ship. His red and black costume blurred as he moved.

#222348 11/24/12 03:37 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Angdar flew from the ship and zeroed in oint eh biggest pirate he could find.

"C'mere big fella," he said as he approached.

The behemoth swung at him, but he veered out of the way with millimeters to spare.

"Quick for a big guy...huh?"

The pirate turned and moved after him. "More than fast enough for a little thing like you!"

"Creative with the phrases as well."

The pirate flew past Angdar as he moved slightly to the left. After he had passed, Angdar pulled his mace from his belt and smiled.

The pirate laughed when he saw the weapon Angdar had chosen. "Little Havenite thinks that his big bad mace is going to hurt me? Bwahahahahahaooooooof..."

Angdar flew over and grabbed his mace, tossing it behind him to pick up later. "First off, I'm from Thanagar, not Starhaven. Second, this isn't just a mace...it's an nth metal mace. Lastly, I don't even need this to take someone as pathetic as you down."

The pirate regained his breath and finished coughing. "Gonna rip your wings..."

Angdar grabbed the mans right arm as his fist passed by him, pulled the pirate forward and hit him squarely in the back of the head with his left hand.

The pirate held the back of his head, "what the frack!?!"

"Oh yeah, my fists hit with the power of nth metal as well creep."

The last thing the pirate saw before loosing consciousness was Angdar's right first coming towards his face.

---

Angdar flew over and grabbed his mace. He quickly glanced towards their ship and saw that the women had things in control there and turned, heading towards the pirates cruiser to join Power Boy. "Nice vacation so far," he said to himself and grinned."

#222349 11/24/12 04:27 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Power Boy overheard Angdar "It is starting to get more ... 'fun'."

Peebs was tempted to rip open the pirate space-ship but thought it might be useful later.

He flew over to the air lock ... and pulled the mechanical lever ...

The airlock made a GASP ... as it opened.

#222350 11/25/12 01:32 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
The doors of the airlock open ... slowly ... and inside stood ...

[Linked Image]

Power Boy dodged, for some reason, despite being invulnerable ... it was his instinct.

As the pirate captain's flaming hands went long missing Power Boy ... the fist went into the wall of the shuttle ... and it sizzled ... the wall panel went white ... faded ... and disappeared.

"ANTI-MATTER GLOVES." Power Boy said aloud. he knew he knew that smell.

Anti-Matter technology was strictly regulated in the UP, in fact only a few labs in the UP were allowed to use small amounts for research.

Anti-Matter weaponry was abhorrent!

Power Boy continued to dodge, the assailant with anti-matter gloves ... too slow for the New Gods super speed.

Power Boy thought of Angdar behind him.

"Angdar stay back!"

#222351 11/25/12 05:26 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Power Boy crouched as the space-pirate approached Angdar.

"This is going to be messy."

Power Boy's eyes lit up, and his laser vision fired.

Golden beams of light struck the pirates fore arms where they connected to the Anti-Matter gauntlets. In a horrifying scene that only took a moment, the space-pirates gauntlets with hands inside, were cut off and dropped to the floor.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

The gauntlets sizzled as they hit the floor ... but the Anti-Matter charge diffused as they were connected from the host.

The space-pirate fainted, his thick muscular form hitting the deck. His wrists cauterized by the Power Boy's laser vision.

The blood curdling scream ended the fight. The remaining space pirates that were conscious ... surrendered giving up instantly at the gruesome sight.

#222352 11/25/12 05:37 PM
Substitute
Substitute
"Thanks Power Boy. I was kind of out of room to move here," Angdar said as he lifted his right hand and knocked on the airlock directly behind him.

He looked from Power Boy down to the pirate laying on the floor without hands. "Effective. If a bit extreme. Better than I was going to do...my cut would not have been automatically cauterized."

#222353 11/25/12 10:43 PM
The Green Queen
The Green Queen
Back in the LMBers ship, Kinetix dodged the objects being hurled at her by the telekinetic pirate. She glanced frantically around for Emily or Lolita, but couldn't see them in the fray - they were busy with their own opponents.

She threw herself across a corridor just as a knife flew past her ear. Seething, she turned and faced the pirate and telekinetically squeezed the tube carrying air into her suit.

"Hah! I can just hold it open, you know," the pirate laughed mockingly.

"You can try, but can you succeed?" Zoe smirked. She focused her will on crushing the tube.

The pirate frowned, and focused her own will. She began reaching out to rip a hole in Zoe's own transuit. Zoe gasped as she felt the fabric of her suit stretch. She quickly reinforced it, then redoubled her efforts on her opponent.

Sweat began pouring down both of their faces. Zoe was beginning to tire, but she only needed a few seconds before lack of air would...

The pirate slumped to the floor. Zoe quickly checked - she was still breathing. Zoe quickly snapped a power inhibitor on her.

"Now, where are the others?" She flew off to where the sounds of fighting were heaviest.

#222354 11/25/12 10:47 PM
The Green Queen
The Green Queen
Before she got far, a rain of bullets hit the wall behind her. Gasping, Zoe hit the deck.

She turned to see a large man with guns on his arms. He grinned evilly as he aimed again. "Shame to waste such a pretty one as you, but I know who you are. Too powerful to live." He squeezed the trigger.

Zoe quickly threw up a shield, then merged the bullets into a single large sphere and threw it back at the pirate. It hit him on the side of the head, and he collapsed to the floor with a thud.

"You didn't know me well enough, did you?"

She quickly fused his limbs to the floor and dismantled the guns on his hands. "Grife, how many more of them are there?"

#222355 11/26/12 06:04 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Power Boy carefully tossed the Anti-Matter gauntlets into a tesseract storage pocket he carried around. "Rond Vidar, you've outdone yourself."

With the pirate ship secured Power Boy said:

"We had better see how the women are doing and get back to the shuttle. We can't let them have all the fun Angdar!"

#222356 11/26/12 02:50 PM
Active
Active
As the fighting continued, Lolita remained hidden, crouched over an unconcious pirate with the unfortunate codename of Thunderballs. Using special tech deemed illegal in the UP, she was downloading information directly from the pirate's brain into her omni-com and then analyzing it as it flashed across the screen.

Ah.

That's what I was looking for. This band might be a bunch of B-listers, but clearly they are connected to the real enemy on Rimbor.

It appears "the Drunken Scabbard" is where we're going to get some real information on The Sword of Carnage, who seem to be the real power players on Rimbor.

<pulls out blaster and blasts the pirate again, ensuring he remains in la-la land, then moves to rejoin the others, assuming they have been able to take care of themselves>

#222357 11/26/12 08:10 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Angdar nodded and flew out the airlock and back to their ship as fast as possible.

Upon entering,m he found an unconscious pirate.

"Zoe? Emily? Lolita? Anyonehere...?"

#222358 11/26/12 08:17 PM
The Green Queen
The Green Queen
"MOVE!" Kinetix yelled at Angdar as she gestured behind him. Acting on reflex, Angdar dove forward. He turned to see Zoe's green power signature enveloping a chunky female pirate with steel claws for fingernails.

"Thanks, and don't move," Angdar said calmly as he tossed his mace in Zoe's direction. Zoe calmly stood her ground as the mace flew past her; she turned to see a large pirate hold up a staff that crackled with electricity. The staff was no match for Angdar's mace, though, and the pirate crumpled to the floor.

"We make a good team," Angdar smiled as he approached Zoe.

"I guess," she said. Then she turned away before he could reach her. Angdar raised an eyebrow; Zoe was normally direct when something upset her. Before he could say so, she flew into the next room. "We have to find the others."

Shrugging his shoulders, he collected his mace and followed.

#222359 11/26/12 08:54 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
They are so cute together, Emily thought. She made a note to call Question Lad when they land on planet. Though she would say quiet about the location out of fear of his concern. He left Salvador as soon as possible, and Rimbor was currently worse than that part of Nasger.

She stared at the pirates trapped under net-arrows, and turned to see Lolita putting her omni-com back in its holder. Emily mused,We really need to switch to a different brand or model. Those things are really susceptible to hacking.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#222360 11/27/12 05:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
En route to Ventura

Shake your love
I just can´t shake your love
Shake your love
Shake your love
I just can´t shake
Shake your love

"What the sprock is this? Ugh, that's the last time I let Lolita borrow my iPod."

Switching off the audio system, SharkLad piloted his cruiser in silence for several minutes. That he hadn't been able to reach Lolita before starting out on his mission was starting to bug him -- not just because he missed her but because of how much he missed her. It was an unfamiliar and at times still an uncomfortable feeling for the hero who once went by the moniker Lone Shark. He was looking forward to this mission if only because it would give him a chance to stretch his muscles after sitting behind a desk since returning to Legion World from the Dark Realm.

SharkLad pulled up the holo-file on Gruertis Nyebif. It practically oozed with slime.

"Yeah, this is gonna be fun."

SharkLad glanced at the screen of his iPod.

"Oh, what the sprock..."

Shake your love
Shake your love

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#222361 11/27/12 05:07 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Once they had secured the remaining pirates, They took the ship closer to the pirate cruiser.

"We'll find out what Power Boy wants to do with them and their ship as soon as he gets back," Angdar said.

He glanced over at Kinetix, and she looked out the front view screen as soon as he did.

"Zoe, are you still upset about what happened with Ibby back on LW?"

#222362 11/27/12 05:44 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Power Boy stepped back onto the LMBP cruiser. He towed a pile of space-pirates tied up with tubing from their space-pirate ship.

He dumped them all in a cargo bay.

After a short debrief he said " well done. well done. We've got two options now ... head to the Drunken Scabbard or to the coordinates the space-pirate ship gave us. Well ... I think I will need a drink before we take on any more pirates."

Power Boy winked and Lolita set a course for the surface ... and the Drunken Scabbard.

#222363 11/28/12 11:04 PM
The Green Queen
The Green Queen
Originally posted by Angdar Fel:
Once they had secured the remaining pirates, They took the ship closer to the pirate cruiser.

"We'll find out what Power Boy wants to do with them and their ship as soon as he gets back," Angdar said.

He glanced over at Kinetix, and she looked out the front view screen as soon as he did.

"Zoe, are you still upset about what happened with Ibby back on LW?"
Ang, I don't even know what happened with IB back on LW! And it sounded like Blaze was involved too. I know there's something, and while I respect your privacy it seemed like it was something that I should know!

#222364 12/01/12 08:11 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
After much deliberation. The five settled into a warehouse that would be their temporary base of operations on Rimbor. It was large enough to house the LMBP shuttle and the Space-Pirate ship they captured.

Power Boy dropped off most of the Space-Pirates at the local Science Police office. It took a few mindwipes to make sure the pirates didn't blow the LMBPer's cover. Power Boy hated using his telepathy like that. He only blurred their memories of the past hour or so though. Replaced with memories of a foggy drunken binder where the pirates were confronted by a rival gang who stole their ship. The Science Police had agreed to keep them under wraps until Power Boy gave the ok.

Power Boy had a plan for their ship.

After regrouping, Power Boy, Kinetix, Angdar, Emily, and Lolita ...

found themselves in a secluded table at:

The Drunken Scabbard

It smelled like old booze and the patrons were a melancholy collection of rotting alcoholics.

"Cheers!" Power Boy said to his four friends.

Power Boy had been in worse places, yet he was glad for his invulnerability as he gulped down the suspicious ale from an old mug.

#222365 12/01/12 09:08 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Power Boy was a bit distracted from the conversation at the table. He was using his super hearing to pick up conversations from around the room. So far nothing interesting ... and a lot sleazy.

If he wasn't undercover ... there would be a lot of nass kicking that would be taking place.

So far Power Boy and his crew hadn't been noticed in their rear table. The place was very dimly lit.

The sour serving woman came over and Power Boy ordered another serving of the foul alcoholic brew they had been drinking.

If only Power Boy could turn off his sense of super smell. frown

#222366 12/01/12 09:45 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Emily had ordered a Talokian beer and stared at the table. She didn't have much to think about at the moment. The pirates were taken care of pretty easily. It feels too easy. This doesn't feel like the work of well-organized gangs.

She was surprised when her personal cell phone rang. Emily distrusted the Omnicoms, especially for personal use, so she remembered to bring a normal phone in case anyone would call. She picked up the phone and it was one of her aunts.

"When are you coming to visit? You do realize it is almost the holiday season and we haven't seen you since your great-grandmother's funeral," She asked.

"Maybe soon...could be in a few weeks or a few days. It seems like I have another call. I can't talk right now, but tell Grandpa I wish him the best," Emily said. She actually had no idea how long they would stay on Rimbor. However, she had a feeling they could end up running with their lives.

She switched to the other call, and sure enough, it was Sebastian. He said, "How are you doing?"

Emily said, "I am doing fine. The weather has been good so far."

"That is good to hear," Sebastian said. "Where exactly are you going again?"

"Talok IV," She quickly lied.

Sebastian said, "That sounds pretty dangerous if you are not careful. Remember to respect the local people and culture on your mission. I know that earthquake must have been difficult for them."

"Yes...natural disaster relief can be difficult," Emily said. She hoped he could not detect the worry in her voice. She did not want him to discover that she was on Rimbor.

A voice in the background of the conversation said said, "I have found the location of Mr.Brown. We got to find him before the Violetta does!" This cut the conversation short and they said goodbye to each other before Emily hung-up.

#222367 12/01/12 01:51 PM
Active
Active
<though she is often aloof and serious, Lolita sees the opportunity to get to know some of the newer Legionnaires>

Zoe, I love your fashion sense. I've always gone with the skirt look myself. With the right pair of boots, it can't be beat!

<as Emily finishes her call, she turns to her>

Is Sebastian your boyfriend? I've heard you and he have done great work with the Security Office. Working together like that...it's hard sometimes not to find yourself in a romance.

<Lolita is at ease and enjoys being around other females; yet she's clearly still focused on what's happening around her. Finally, she picks up on two particular foul looking miscreants who have had two much to drink>

<her analytic mind immediately registers who they are: Flamer and Troll>

#222368 12/01/12 03:43 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Emily said, "Yes, he is my boyfriend. Is it true that there is going to be a lot of reorganization of the Security Office?"

She thought about the past times together. Sure, they had been a bit misled by Lard Lad, but they were young. Dev-em's reign as leader came and went like a candle in the wind, and now it was uncertain who would take his place. Sebastian knew the two of them were too young to be considered for such an important position.

#222369 12/02/12 07:00 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
<Power Boy can barely hear the conversation at his table because two foul looking miscreants have been loud drunken and obnoxious. One keeps screaming and insulting other patrons and the other keeps interrupting other patrons conversations.>

<Power Boy looks at Lolita ... abut to say something when ... >

CRASH!!!

<The one with a t-shirt that says "TROLL" bumps into the table crashing into all of their drinks ... spilling them everywhere.>

<Power Boy is visibly annoyed yet he dosn't get angry until ... he sees beer splattered all over Kinetix.>

"That couldn't have been on purpose ..." <He growls>

"You need to go ... now." He tells the Troll.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,107
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Surge Pack
Surge Pack
Portage IN
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star