Roll Call
0 members (), 43 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Remember the 52!
#13329 05/03/07 05:36 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
So we've got a multiverse! So potentially 52 Legions, or at least 52 versions of the the 31st century!

So what would you like to see?

Me... I'd dig the Legion of Earth-10!

Re: Remember the 52!
#13330 05/03/07 05:43 PM
strange but not a stranger
Which series was Earth-50 from?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#13331 05/03/07 05:51 PM
Active
Active
That was the Wildstorm universe. WildCats, Gen13, etc.

#13332 05/03/07 05:52 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Does the Wildstorm Universe have a Legion? smile Hey that would be a fun micro project for me!

#13333 05/03/07 06:00 PM
Active
Active
I think the closest thing they had to a Legion type team was Stormwatch, a global superteam based on a space station. I haven't read much set in the Wildstorm uni since they rebooted(?) it a little while ago, but I don't remember it having a future setting book.

I say go for it.

#13334 05/03/07 06:50 PM
Leader
Leader
I don't have the issue in front of me, but as I recall Rip Hunter refrenced the New Earth universe plus Earths 1 through 51.

So . . .

NEW EARTH: The current series.

EARTH-1: I think we can assume that the pre-Crisis Legion still exists here.

EARTH-2: We've always been led to believe no Legion on Earth-2, but I've had fun over the years postulation what one would look like.

EARTH-3 is the home of the Legion seen in Superboy #117.

EARTH-4: would be interesting, to imagine what a Charlton Legion might look like.

EARTH-5: (aka Earth-S) Didn't we see a magic based Legion in one of the reboot Elsworld annuals?

EARTH-7: I forger the number, exactly, but I think this was the designation for the Earth mentioned in Crisis, where Breach was from and where Kyle Raynor was THE Green Lantern. I'd guess this is the best spot for the reboot Post-Zero Hour Legion.

EARTH-10: (aka Earth-X) Who knows what this Legion might look like? Any chance they could still be fighting NAzis in the 31st century?

EARTH-17: The Legion visited what is now Earth-17 when they crossed over into the HEX series. Also, the Kamandi Great Disaster was referenced a few times in Legion stories, so this new Earth's Legion might not look so different from any of the standard Legion's.
Maybe the Post-Crisis/Pre-Zero Hour/TMK Legion could go here?

EARTH-22: We never saw a Kingsom Come Legion, but we did get hints of several characters IIRC.

EARTH-50: The Wildstorm version of the team is probably whatever version of the team appeared in Supreme. I forget that team's name.

#13335 05/03/07 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
EARTH-5: (aka Earth-S) Didn't we see a magic based Legion in one of the reboot Elsworld annuals?

This Legion would have Thunder as a member.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#13336 05/03/07 07:24 PM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Portfolio Boy:

EARTH-7: I forger the number, exactly, but I think this was the designation for the Earth mentioned in Crisis, where Breach was from and where Kyle Raynor was THE Green Lantern. I'd guess this is the best spot for the reboot Post-Zero Hour Legion.
Alex Luthor called it Earth-8. Of course, we can't be 100% certain that the old multiverse numbering matches precisely with the new multiverse numbering - wasn't there an Earth-5 in the old multiverse, where "Crisis on Infinite Earths issue # 4.5" took place?

According to the old numbering, Earth-6 was where Lady Quark came from. Is her family (or a version thereof) back alive now?

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#13337 05/03/07 07:30 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Crisis 4.5 was on Earth-D. Earth-5 was never used in the old days, largely because it was difficult to tell the difference between a "5" and an "S" in comic-book lettering.

#13338 05/03/07 08:06 PM
Reservist
Reservist
We did see a Kingdom Come Legion in that series. There was a panel where they were flying high over Metropolis with Superboy in the lead. Some unknown characters there.

#13339 05/03/07 10:43 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Red Tornado appears to have a map to this new Multiverse and for all we know he still has it. So I wonder if that's where his knowledge of the Legion came from in the recent issue of JSA.

#13340 05/04/07 11:09 AM
Active
Active
Good catch. I was really thrown that Reddy knew about the Legion, but I assumed it was because I knew so little about Reddy. But the tie to the multiverse map makes sense.

Long Live the Legion!
#13341 05/04/07 12:36 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
I actually think Earth-3 will turn out to be the home of the LSV recently featured in Superman/Batman, whose Saturn Queen also recently appeared in Supergirl.

#13342 05/04/07 12:45 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I don't think we can really presume anything. My thinking is that the have New Earth and then 1-51. I think the ones that got shown-Earth 2, 3, 17, 10, 5, 50 and so forth are the ones that they have actual plans for. The others will be opened up at a later date for future storytelling possibabilites.

However, I would love to see a Earth 2 JSA or Earth 3 Crime Syndicate story by Justanio. His artwork rocks!

#13343 05/04/07 01:21 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Re: Earth 50. Supreme had a Legion??? I didn't know that! Any more info on them?!

#13344 05/04/07 01:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Or Supreme is not part of WS anymore? He is owned by Lifeld right?

#13345 05/04/07 05:40 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Re: Earth 50. Supreme had a Legion??? I didn't know that! Any more info on them?!
I found this on the 'net. I'm only aware of the group - The League of Infinity - from various Legion A/R lists. I've never read any stories with the group. I can't answer as to the status of Supreme's ownership.

"An organization of teenage heroes from throughout history, "banded together to fight crime across time!" The League was founded in the 2450s by Zayla Zarn, a.k.a. Future Girl. They are based in the Time Tower, a staircase that stretches through time from the Big Bang to the end of the universe. The League's ability to see and travel through time means that they are aware of many things in their own past and future, and their headquarters is decorated with monuments to victories, opponents, and even the deaths of members that haven't happened yet. Members of the League include Future Girl, Young Bill Hickok, Boy Achilles, Witch Wench, Aladdin, Giganthro, Chu-Ko Liang, Mata Hari, Siegfried, and Wilhelm Reich, Orgone Lad. As a boy, Supreme was invited to join the League in 1933. Suprema also joined the League years later. The League remained active through at least 2498 (when many of the members were no longer teenagers).

first appearance: Supreme #42"

#13346 05/04/07 06:02 PM
Active
Active
Are we sure New Earth and Earth-1 aren't the same thing? I don't have the issue, i just thumbed through it at the store, but I don't remember an earth being designated "1."

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#13347 05/04/07 07:38 PM
Leader
Leader
L/A Lad,

No, I'm pretty sure Rip specifically said New Earth plus Earths 1 through 51.

That would seem to intimate that Earth-1 is a world other than the current DCU New Earth.

#13348 05/04/07 07:38 PM
Leader
Leader
And, since I'm geeking out on this, here's an updated list. Any input/alternate/additional thoughts appreciated.

NEW EARTH:
The current "prime" universe, where all of DC's current books are set. The timeline has been tweaked somewhat by ZERO HOUR and INFINITE CRISIS, but this is, essentially, still the post-Crisis DCU

This world's Legion of Super-Heroes (LSH) is the one from the current SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES series, a continuity known to Legion fans as the "threeboot."

EARTH-1:
Until told differently, I think we can assume that this is the Silver Age DCU, with continuity taken largely from the published comics circa 1956 to 1985. Interestingly, this world was last seen with the "Whatever Happened to the Man of Steel." story, which would make a current day cross-over interesting, just to see how the Silver/Bronze DCU soldiered on after Superman's retirement.

I think we can assume that the pre-Crisis Legion still exists here. There is temptation to cut off this LSH continuity here at CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, but I think an argument can be made for continuing this world's documented 31st century as far as the "Magic Wars" story, which ended Paul Levitz' run on the series.

EARTH-2:
Traditionally, this is the world where DC Comics Golden Age comics were set. According to 52 #52, Huntress and Robin are still alive, so I guess we can attribute the retconning away of their deaths in the first Crisis to a Superboy-Punch. There may also be some divergences from known Earth-2 continuity, since Flash and Green Lantern wear different costumes, and Jade is still alive. How much of the current Justice Society line-up is duplicated on this Earth remains to be seen.

We've always been led to believe no Legion on Earth-2, but I've had fun over the years postulation what one would look like.

EARTH-3:
According to 52, this appears to once again be the home of the Crime Syndicate, making it a world where good/evil roles from most of the remaining Earths are reversed.

This, then, would be the home of the Legion seen in Superboy #117. Alternately, it may be the home of the Legion of Super-Villains seen in recent issues of SUPERMAN/BATMAN.

EARTH-4:
Once again, the home to the Charlton Comics action heroes, supposedly sans DCU counterparts.

It would be interesting, to imagine what a Charlton Legion might look like.

EARTH-5:
This appears to be what was once known as Earth-S. It's the home of the Fawcett Comics characters, including the Marvel Family. Like Earth-4, this world generally lacks analogues for Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman et. al.

This world's Legion would include Thunder as a member. It may also be home to the magic-based Legion of Avalon seen in LEGIONNAIRES ANNUAL #1.

EARTH-6:
This world, not mentioned in 52, was the home of Lady Quark, where America lost the Revolutionary War. It would be interesting to bring back this Earth, I think.

Possibly, this Earth's Legion might have been inspired by the example of Lady Quark's daughter, Princess Fern.

EARTH-7:
Mentioned in DC SPECIAL: THE RETURN OF DONNA TROY as the home of Dark Angel, the Habinger-like character created by the Anti-Monitor, who later went on to torment Donna Troy. The reference is recent enough that some version of this world might still exist. Alternately, since Dark Angel was a John Byrne creation, this could be the setting for his GENERATIONS series.

EARTH-8:
Mentioned in INFINITE CRISIS #5 as the home of Breach, where Kyle Raynor is the original one and only Green Lantern, Jason Rusch is Firestorm, and the Huntress has always been Helena Bertinelli. In other worlds, the primary heroes of this world are all the ones created Post-Crisis. We have not seen a Superman from this world, but we must assume there is one. I imagine that, whereas the Earth-1 Superman landed on Earth in the early 20th century, and debuted in 1938, and the Earth-2 Superman landed in the 30's and was most active in the early '60s, this would be a world where he landed on Earth sometime in the late '60s and began his career as Superman in the early '90s.

I'd guess this is the best spot for the reboot Post-Zero Hour, or "reboot," Legion.

EARTH-9:
Unknown. Personally, I'd assign this designation, as the lowest numbered Earth not known to be otherwise assigned, to the post-Crisis Earth-D world seen in LEGENDS OF THE DC UNIVERSE: CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS. This is the home of Marv Wolfman's multicultural Justice Alliance of America.

Since this was intended to be a hopeful, optimistic world, we would not want to set any of the known apocalyptic Legion's here. My choice would be to make this the Legion that Douglas Nolan is sent to in LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #300.

EARTH-10:
Now named Earth-10, this is the world traditionally known as Earth-X. It's the home of the Quality Comics heroes, and a world where the Nazis won World War II.

Who knows what this Legion might look like? Any chance they could still be fighting Nazis in the 31st century?

EARTH-11:
Once named in TEEN TITANS SPOTLIGHT #11, back in 1987, we can assume that one-shot continuity is toast. Since Earth-1A was once home to the Super Friends, why not call this the universe of the Johnny DC animated comics.

Of course, there have been three versions of an animated Legion, but I'd say the current series is the one to use.

EARTH-12:
Pre-Crisis, this was the home of the Inferior Five. No reason it can't be still. Most of DC's other humor creations - Angel and the Ape, Scooter, Stanley and his Monster - can live here.

EARTH-13:
Unknown, but let's presume that Calamity King is the leader of this world's LSH.

EARTH-14:
A one-shot 1990 mention in ANIMAL MAN aside, I'd call this the home of the Amalgam heroes, again using the lowest unassigned number rule.

As far as the Legion goes, that would make this the home of the Spider-Boy and the Legion of Galactic Guardians.

EARTH-15:
Since INFINITE CRISIS #6 assigned the universe of Superboy Jr. and Batman Jr., from the old World's Finest Comics series to Earth-154, I suspect we can truncate that to Earth-15.

What would this Legion look like, I wonder? On two occasions I can recall, Silver Age Legionnaires claimed they were the children of the original Legion. No reason that can't be true on this Earth, with the both juniors as members.

EARTH-16:
Unknown, but "imaginary" world of Superman Red/Superman Blue was once fixed as Earth-162, so why not Earth-16.

EARTH-17:
With 52, this is fixed as the home of the Atomic Knights, which would also make it the setting of the Great Disaster and all the Kamandi related Kirby books. The HEX series also was set here. Grant Morrison once wanted the grim 'n gritty heroes of the '80s based on this world. No reason they can't be still, pre-Great Disaster.

Since a great disaster was mentioned at times in the Legion, it is reasonable to suppose that Earth was rebuilt by the 30th century, but might have some lasting grim overtones. So this new Earth's Legion might not look so different from any of the standard Legion's, and could be the home of the Post-Crisis "Five-Year Later" Legion.

EARTH-18:
Unknown. But with no Earth-C, we still need a home for Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew and the Justa Lotta Heroes

The funny animal Legion is the Lotta Species Heroes, never seen in DC canon, but used in other published parodies.

EARTH-19:
Unknown. Possibly the world of SUPERMAN: RED SON where baby Kal-El's rocket touched down in the Soviet Union.

EARTH-20:
Since "T" is the 20th letter of the alphabet, I'd fix this as home to the Tanget Comics universe.

EARTH-21:
Unknown. But for no particular reason, why not call this the setting for the JSA: UNHOLY THREE books?

EARTH-22:
According to 52, this is the universe of the KINGDOM COME series.

We never saw a Kingdom Come Legion, but we did get hints of several characters IIRC.

EARTH-23:
Again, using the lowest number not assigned theory, I'd put the Milestone universe on this world.

EARTHS-24 to 28:
Unknown.

EARTH-29:
Gotta have an Earth-Prime, I guess. This seems like a good place for us since Earth-Prime first appeared in GREEN LANTERN (v.1) #29.

EARTHS-30 to 49:
Unknown.

EARTH-50:
The Wildstorm universe.

I'm uncertain as to the ownership of Supreme at the moment, but if he still belongs to Wildstorm, then this Legion would be the League of Infinity.

EARTH-51:
There are claims that the first parallel universe appeared in Wonder Woman #53 in 1953, where she battled Duke Dazam and her doppelganger was known as Terra Terruna. Since there is no room for an Earth-53, I'd put an homage to that world her. Maybe this also could be the home of the unnamed, and non-Earth assigned, Aztex JLA seen in INFINITE CRISIS #6

EARTH ERRATA:
52 intimated that the Phantom Zone exists as an extra-dimensional universe. If so, then we may, I think, presume that the anti-matter world of Qward exists outside the 52.

#13349 05/04/07 07:46 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer

Until told differently, I think we can assume that this is the Silver Age DCU, with continuity taken largely from the published comics circa 1956 to 1985. Interestingly, this world was last seen with the "Whatever Happened to the Man of Steel." story, which would make a current day cross-over interesting, just to see how the Silver/Bronze DCU soldiered on after Superman's retirement.
Actually "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" is an imaginary story, so in all probability it would be ignored on Earth-1.

#13350 05/05/07 03:44 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
not necessarily, EDE.

The current Superman/Batman series seemed to tie the "Whatver Happened..." version into continuity. In the LSV story, we saw the Kingdon Come Superman of "a" future transform into that version once the timeline was repaired.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#13351 05/05/07 03:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
[b]Re: Earth 50. Supreme had a Legion??? I didn't know that! Any more info on them?!
I found this on the 'net. I'm only aware of the group - The League of Infinity - from various Legion A/R lists. I've never read any stories with the group. I can't answer as to the status of Supreme's ownership.[/b]
Last I knew, Supreem was not a part of wildstorm. He was Liefeld's, but may have become Alan Moore's along the way.

I read the original League of Infinity story; they also turned up a few issues later for a big battle. Very true to the spirit of 60s LSH. Pofo Boy gives a good summary.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#13352 05/08/07 08:13 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Hunt Drouin:
We did see a Kingdom Come Legion in that series. There was a panel where they were flying high over Metropolis with Superboy in the lead. Some unknown characters there.
Im pretty sure they were just the usual silver age crew in that universe the only difference being the Conner superboy and Peter david supergirl were part of the team. Also in that universe was Brianiac 6 or Braniacs daughter (Depending who you ask as she was never actually named in the book) but im pretty sure it was confirmed she was from the future and she was green with long blonde hair and wore an s on her shirt.

:polarboy:
#13353 05/08/07 11:06 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
New Earth is the WaK Legion? So Superman of New Earth remembering the PC Legion means he was visiting another Earth?

The Zero Hour postboot Legion has to be involved cause the current Flash is from that future. Which would rock if the Flash visited that Legion. I always thought Flash fits the Legion mythos better myself. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,971
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Doc Nimbus
Doc Nimbus
Founder's Falls, Paragon City
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star