Roll Call
0 members (), 30 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:27 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:24 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread: Feb 09 Edition
#248676 02/22/09 06:35 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
This thread is for asking the candidates for LMB leader any questions relevant to making up your mind whom to vote for. See the Official Rules, Announcements and Info Thread for details on the election.

This debate is largely a free for all, and posters should feel free to ask either general questions directed to every candidate or ones directed to more specific candidates. Candidates may respond to one another's points, and may ask one another questions as well.

Re: The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread: Feb 09 Edition
#248677 02/22/09 06:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Candidates: Who can promise the biggest budget for the Bureau of External Affiars (tm)?

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#248678 02/22/09 07:11 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
heh
Legion World credits?

Well when you think about how much the previous administration threw at the various boondoggle projects I'm afraid the first thing a new Leader is going to have to do is find a way to balance that out of control budget.
Have you seen how much the Security Office spends on those "retreats" for training and recruitment? Who are they recruiting and what does a "Oort cloud mud bath" have to do with training?
That's only ONE example of uncontrolled spending around here. If elected (big IF) I plan to approach the Legion World Council and ask for a line item veto to curb some of these programs that have spiraled so far out of control.

Thanks for the question citizen.

#248679 02/23/09 12:42 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Candidates: who will bring the LMB together as one united group once more, to deal with longstanding problems, threats and mysteries, such as the man known as Slim?

#248680 02/23/09 02:45 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I see I didn't exactly answer Kent's question. The candidate "Who can promise the biggest budget for the Bureau of External Affiars" would be someone else.

As for Cobie's question I'd like to toss that over to Lardy. Perhaps Gary Concord would like to take a stab at it though?

#248681 02/23/09 04:12 PM
Active
Active
Candidates, What will my position be in your new administration?

Since the last great crisis the economy of Legion World has been almost totally reliant on my trips to the shoe stores, can you promise tax relief on imported boots?

All that shoe shopping has taken its toll, Can any of the candidates pledge that the new government will bail out my credit card debts?

#248682 02/23/09 04:35 PM
Active
Active
Under my administration you can look forward to the following:

Shakespeare, The office of External Affairs Budget will be tied directly to the amount of time it manages to keep a certain legendary poster occupied off planet dealing with affairs.

Cobalt, Try cleaning up your own messes, not expecting the LMBP Leadership to do it for you.

Nova Girl Bring those credit card bills to me. I'll carefully fold them until they are all corners and show you a very interesting repository for them.

Now I'll let the other candidates pander to you for a while before I break off a few more doses of reality for you idiots...

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#248683 02/23/09 05:26 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Mayavale does not run for this position, but will answer questions to demonstrate his superior leadership, in order that more might be recruited to the glorious organization that is the Acolytes of Mayavale.

I LIKE IKE!!
#248684 02/23/09 05:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Mayavale ... have you ever gotten aroused during a massage?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#248685 02/23/09 10:55 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Candidates: Who can promise the biggest budget for the Bureau of External Affiars (tm)?
I don't think Legion Worlders should pay for the Bureau's sexual hi-jinks, personally.

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Candidates: who will bring the LMB together as one united group once more, to deal with longstanding problems, threats and mysteries, such as the man known as Slim?
I think my record as original LMB Leader speaks for itself. I'm easily one of the very most proactive Leaders the LMB has ever had. Tackling longstanding items is Priority One for me. Slim, and especially the Khanate of Sol Invictus and the Dark Oval are at the top of my docket.

Originally posted by Nova Girl:
I kinda like "reverse cowgirl"! drool Which one were you thinking of?

Since the last great crisis the economy of Legion World has been almost totally reliant on my trips to the shoe stores, can you promise tax relief on imported boots?

All that shoe shopping has taken its toll, Can any of the candidates pledge that the new government will bail out my credit card debts?
Tax relief is less the domain of the LMB and more that of the LW Founders--HEY! We're not paying taxes here on LW, are we?!?!? Scott? Gary? Caroline?

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#248686 02/24/09 08:33 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by LardLad:

Tax relief is less the domain of the LMB and more that of the LW Founders--HEY! We're not paying taxes here on LW, are we?!?!? Scott? Gary? Caroline?
Good answer! The LMB must not be confused with the Legion World Founders

#248687 02/24/09 01:29 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Mayavale believes that it is extremely important that affiars, or, as you might call them, the large intestines of herd animals, be taken out of the animal in question before being used in forecasting the future. Thus, external affiars is a top priority of the Acolytes of Mayavale.

I LIKE IKE!!
#248688 02/24/09 01:36 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Mayavale reminds all that his own name evokes the veil of Maya, which in certain of your Earth cultures is believed to be all that seperates mortals from the realization of the oneness of all things. Mayavale recommends a good dose of the wheeling mists to bring us all together. Or to tear us apart with memories of horrible betrayals from past lives. But perhaps in disunity our true togetherness lies.

I LIKE IKE!!
#248689 02/24/09 01:37 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Originally posted by SharkLad:
Yes.

I LIKE IKE!!
#248690 02/24/09 02:26 PM
Honorary
Honorary
The person who can promise the biggest budget is the person who would say anything to get elected. I, however, promise that you will have the money that you need to fulfill your duties.

I think that the LMB's greatest strength is its diversity. So, making them one united group will actually weaken the LMB.

Originally posted by Nova Girl:

Nova Girl,

It seems that your area of expertise lies with commerce. Therefore, I would put you in charge of Legion World Commerce, both internal and external. As such, you would be able to regulate the taxes upon imported goods.

I am sure that your salary as Secretary of Commerce will cover your existing credit card debt.

Originally posted by SharkLad:
I would not know the answer to this question as I am neither Dr. Mayavale nor a massage therapist who has given him a massage.

#248691 02/24/09 07:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Candidates:

The fact that you have, each and every one of you, betrayed Doctor Mayavale in a past life is not in question.

My question to you, however, is: how do you intend to make reparations?

#248692 02/24/09 08:22 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Candidates:

The fact that you have, each and every one of you, betrayed Doctor Mayavale in a past life is not in question.

IF I did kill Mayavale in a past life (IF being the operative word here Exnihil, I'm not taking your word for anything) then he obviously deserved to die.

Therefore I have no intention of making "reparations" to that idiot over anything.

#248693 02/24/09 09:06 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Candidates:

Would it not be possible that in a past life Dr. Mayavale had betrayed me and thus the cosmic karmic balance has been achieved?

Given that Dr. Mayavale has not sought me out for retribution, I would infer that the above scenario is correct. Therefore, I have no need to make any reparations to Dr. Mayavale.

#248694 02/24/09 10:14 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Candidates:

That wussy Mayavale will just have to suck it up and get over it!!!!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#248695 02/25/09 12:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Candidates: Will any of you be proposing a new Legion World holiday, and, if so, what will it be?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#248696 02/25/09 07:20 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Will said holiday include dancing? In the streets?

#248697 02/25/09 07:34 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Candidates: Will any of you be proposing a new Legion World holiday, and, if so, what will it be?
Yes. This might not sit well with some voters, but it would be Inane Posting Day.

I don't think I could stop it even if I tried.

#248698 02/25/09 07:36 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I've long been known to be a poster who is not a fan of inane threads, but a full-on 'Inane posting day' does sound pretty groovy.

So long as there is dancing in the streets of course.

#248699 02/25/09 09:01 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Takron-Galtos Day, which would be similar to Bastille Day in France. This holiday will celebrate the day that the cell door finally clanked shut on Cobalt Kid and he was imprisoned and executed for his myriad of crimes.

Not for you...

#248700 02/25/09 09:13 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Interestingly enough, I was born on Bastille Day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,107
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Surge Pack
Surge Pack
Portage IN
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star