Roll Call
0 members (), 81 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/29/24 12:25 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 10:28 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Operation Get Bevis To Bristol Comic Con
#296359 01/10/10 03:50 PM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Hi guys. I know it's been a fair while since I was last here, but as I said last time I popped in we have adopted a little boy so I've mostly been busy looking after him. Part of that though is that I'm on a year off work until the summer. I'm enjoying it a lot, but the one part I'm not enjoying so much is that I get a lot less pay, and for the last three months off I get nowt. So I have no spare cash, and soon will have no cash at all, spare or no.

This then brings me to the next thing. I've been to Bristol Comic Con every year since 2000 and it's the highlight of my year. This year though because I'll be earning no money at all in May there's no way i can actually afford a hotel or the train or anything like that so I may not be going this year for the first time in ten years. That is unless I can raise some cash through commissions.

So, I realistically need to put together at least £300 to pay for hotel, travel and food and drink ideally by the end of March (February would be even better because the sooner I book a hotel room the better...). That's a fair bit of money, but I shall see what I can do. So the call goes out to anyone who would like me to commission something for them. I'm pretty quick and will turn my hand to drawing pretty much anything (although be warned that if you ask for something with lettering on that it's not my strongest point). As for prices, it sort of depends on how long it'll take as much as anything, but as a rough guide assume about twenty quid for a black and white A4 up to £75 to £100 for a colour A3 (although a full colour version of something like the Batman Villains piece would be much more than that simply because of the time that it takes to do). Postage would just be whatever it costs to post it whatever class you ask for to whichever country so could be anything from a very little to quite a bit.

I really don't want to miss Bristol but I can't pretend that I'll scrape the money together some how and then put it all on the credit card so unless I raise the cash well in advance it's not going to happen. frown

For anyone not familiar with me, you can see various drawing stuff over at my DeviantART account or on my Flickr account. I'm currently working on an OGN with Tony Lee to be published by AiT/PlanetLar that is sure to be the next big thing (what? I've been practicing bigging myself up. wink ) so now might be your chance to get a lovely drawing from me before I become too busy with everything else. tongue If anyone is interested and wants to ask about prices or whatnot e-mail me on bevismusson@yahoo.co.uk

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
Re: Operation Get Bevis To Bristol Comic Con
#296360 01/10/10 04:24 PM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Oh, by the way, with one or two exceptions I'd consider selling pretty much anything that's up on DeviantArt as well.

Re: Operation Get Bevis To Bristol Comic Con
#296361 01/16/10 04:21 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Shamelessly bumping this in the hope that I can drum up a little business...

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,988
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
Yonkers N.Y
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star