Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 37 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Re: When Legion Worlder met Legion Worlder......
Lard Lad #786927 09/08/13 01:38 PM
Leader
Leader
That's fantastic -- so jealous!!

Lard Lad #786933 09/08/13 04:22 PM
And then there was steak!
And then there was steak!
I got a freakin' boob window!! Life is complete! I think I'm in love. Lmao!

Exnihil #786934 09/08/13 04:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Exnihil
Looks like I jumped the gun a bit... as Kid Quislet sent a newly colorized version this morning.

Yay! Now I'll know what color Quislet Esq's "poop" is! Wait... what? smile

[Linked Image]

wt FRACK?!??!?!?!!?!?!?

I demand MORE

but seriously that is great!!!!

Lard Lad #786937 09/08/13 05:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Outstanding! nod

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
Lard Lad #786938 09/08/13 05:39 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So cool!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
Lard Lad #786940 09/08/13 05:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's awesome. I don't know who did it, but they should do all the real lw members. wink

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
rickshaw1 #786944 09/08/13 06:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by rickshaw1
That's awesome. I don't know who did it, but they should do all the real lw members. wink

Back up one page in the thread. Better to find out then be told, trust me.

Lard Lad #786953 09/08/13 08:12 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Oh that is HILARIOUS!!!

Lard Lad #786960 09/08/13 08:58 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Found it. Awesome stuff, Kid Quis. You deserve full accolades.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Lard Lad #787251 09/12/13 11:37 AM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Thanks, everybody! I have been enjoying reading about Exnihil's quest and his meetings with fellow Legion Worlders, and thought he deserved a trophy for it! This little token was my tribute. It was a lot of fun to do, and a great excuse to dust off the old pens.

(Hopefully, no one was offended in any way - if so, my sincere apologies as it was never intended to be anything but a little fun.)

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
Kid Quislet #787259 09/12/13 03:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by Kid Quislet
Thanks, everybody! I have been enjoying reading about Exnihil's quest and his meetings with fellow Legion Worlders, and thought he deserved a trophy for it! This little token was my tribute. It was a lot of fun to do, and a great excuse to dust off the old pens.

(Hopefully, no one was offended in any way - if so, my sincere apologies as it was never intended to be anything but a little fun.)

Apologies won't do it buster.

Send money.

Certified money.

to

Blockade Boy Poor Orphans Fund 501c3

East Toledo, Ohio 43605

Lard Lad #793882 11/04/13 02:07 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Had a spur of the moment pop-in on lil'Rhino yesterday, as the wife and I were up in NY for a play just a couple of blocks down from his bar.

Rhino, of course, was his always-awesome and gregarious self, making Mrs. Nihil (who also met Fat Cramer a few months back) feel like an old friend and prompting her to later ask me, "Are all your Legion friends so cool?"

Yup... pretty much! nod

Exnihil #794153 11/07/13 07:50 AM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Mrs. Exnihil has a nice set o'knockers!

lil'rhino #794169 11/07/13 10:06 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally Posted by Exnihil
Rhino, of course, was his always-awesome and gregarious self...

Originally Posted by lil'rhino
Mrs. Exnihil has a nice set o'knockers!

Quod erat demonstrandum. wink

Kid Quislet #794656 11/13/13 02:05 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I am so envious of Ex right now. One of these days I'll pop in unexpectedly on some of you. Given how unexpected it'd be I'd bet some of you will walk right past me without recognizing me wink

Originally Posted by Kid Quislet

Everyone thinks it's awesome, Kid Q! And of course nobody's offended. But if you think anyone was, the best cure would be to (as rick said) do one for ALL the LW members. Heehee! laugh

Lard Lad #806415 04/30/14 08:14 AM
in season
in season
Sketch Lad needs to spend less time hanging out in space-bars with frequent-flying space-lushes --- and more time at LEGION WORLD.

Lard Lad #806489 04/30/14 10:51 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
What LYL said.

It's very nice to see what everyone looks like "in person"!

Lard Lad #806580 05/02/14 12:32 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
It was once written that "April is the cruellest month". Well... if this past month has been any indication... that phrase needs to be just out and out stricken from any future editions.

As it was last year with the ludicrously ambitious "100 Toothpicks" project, this early kick off of the same for 2014 has been an absolutely amazing adventure so far. And - like last year - it's only due to the awesome hospitality of the folks of Legion World that it's been possible at all.

Folks following that thread have no doubt noted that this year's edition is way more narrative-heavy than the loose knit collection of episodes from 2013. That's by intention, and is sort of my way of making up for my lack of participation in some of the ongoing LMB role-play stuff (there are only so many hours in the day), but I also hope that those who aren't interested in that aspect are still getting a kick of watching my travels.

Of which... boom:

End of March kicked it off right as I met one of my all-time LW faves: Set! I've long been a fan both of Set's eloquent writing and his logical and reasoned approach to discussions. He's always struck me as a highly cerebral fellow, and - as a result - was definitely near the top of the list of folks I've wanted to meet. Well... no surprise... he's no less awesome in person. I was going to be up in the Northeast visiting some family so I dropped him a line asking if he'd like to meet for lunch. Quick as you can say Pizzeria Uno, I was chilling with an incredibly intelligent dude in a Wolverine jacket discussing funny books, cross country travel, and comparative religion!

Next, following some visits with family and childhood friends, I hooked up with my old LW buddy Kent Shakespeare (who actually grew up like two towns away from me, knew a lot of the same people I did growing up, but somehow never crossed my path until 2008). Together we road-tripped downstate, reliving - for the first time - the shared childhood friendship we never had, on our way to lunch with another NY native, Chaim Mattis Keller. I sometimes throw out the phrase that I'm a "fan of fandom". Well, nowhere was that more apparent than with Chaim. I've always admired the hard work that went into the creation of his massive Legion Help File, so - to meet its creator (and, in the process, find out what a totally joy-filled guy he is) was a thrill. Chaim is a great guy, passionate about his family and about his travel, having been to all 50 states! Mega-bonus points for his attempts to find me a "kosher martini". wink

From there, a series of Facebook coincidences led to my next meet-up. During the previous run, Quis Esq. jokingly scolded me on Facebook for passing so close to his city without stopping in. Almost at the same time, a post from the long absent Caliente popped up in my feed saying that she was heading up there, as well. I've mentioned before how I just missed formally meeting Cali back in the day, so I figured - what the hell - let's rectify that. Since she hadn't been on LW in so long, I knew she had no idea about my project, so I started with, "Hi... this might sound a bit crazy...". Little did I realize who I was dealing with. "Not crazy at all!" she said. "I'm there!" I spent an awesome day with the pair touring around Cambridge as Quis (as is his wont) served as local history expert and Cali served as my gateway into the horrors of bubble-tea smile.

I knew that, at some point - if I wanted this project to be inclusive - I'd have to start casting my net farther and farther away. My next few folks helped me dip my toes into that water. No... you know what? Forget that... they helped me jump in head first. Making plans with Cali inspired me to see if I could meet up with another prodigal son, my all-time favorite LW artist... Sketch Lad. Concurrent to that, I also decided to throw all reason and caution to the wind and just go for broke. As some people likely would have inferred from our not-at-all-subtle cross-thread table-tennis these past few days, there was a third party present at the Ex/Sketchy meet-up. The two of us were joined... and photographed by (and this I reveal with full permission)... a certain kicky Thriftshop Debutante. While no single paragraph wrap-up can possibly do that day justice, let me say that I count the company and conversation we shared among the absolute best of this entire project. I will let her fill in whatever additional details she would like to share, but - suffice to say - the fact that she and I spent three hours touring about before spending an additional five(!) at the restaurant with Dean tells the tale better than I possibly could.

Finally, I headed southward for the eighth meet-up of this insane whirlwind month, meeting with the wonderful cleome... along with mr. cleome, and the evil cat, sid cleome. While - of course - for the sake of fiction I might have exaggerated our wild drinking exploits a little bit, I would advise anyone who frequents Portland's finer Tiki bars to avoid multiple drinks rated higher than "three volcanos". In all seriousness, I had a great time with this pair who both opened their doors to me... and sent me off in possession of one of cleome's beautiful art collages, of which I've long been an admirer. Thank you both again... and please tell Sid I'm healing nicely. smile

So there we are... all caught up!

Hmm... guess I better start making some new plans. hmmm

Lard Lad #806581 05/02/14 06:42 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
^ I'm feeling all manner of emotion! Excited joy, laughter, jealousy! So, so cool!

I have to start meeting more of you peeps! And Ex, expect dates soon for a Philly binger, er, trip.

Lard Lad #806637 05/02/14 07:56 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Wow, someone's met Deb--I'm impressed! Maybe we'll even get her to share a pic some day.... blush

You weren't the first to meet Sketchy, were ya?

In any case, the list of LWers not meeting at least one other (a list I was on for the longest, but no more thanks to you! hug ) is growing much shorter. Who's left? Fickles, thothkins, Edie, a handful of others. Ibby hasn't met anyone yet, has he? confused

Will Ex meet with any other no-timers? hmmm

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Lard Lad #806648 05/02/14 09:02 PM
in season
in season
Sketch Lad is also my favorite LW artist!

As for Exy, I can definitely state that of all the LWers I've met, he's definitely the fourth!

Ex was expecting to meet a French-speaking redhead, and he was correct! (The French was in the vein of
enchanté, motherfucker
but you should know by now that I like half-baked multilingual puns.) I figured I could press the lad into household chores, and I too was correct! Then off to thrift shop. I got some stuff. Ex ran into his past. Then on to the future, to meet Sketchy!

Well, I got to the future first because Ex was in the space-loo when Dean arrived. Then the meeting of the Nura Nal Appreciation Society was in order! Dean brought along some of his sketches and we each got one -- I got shrieking Lester Tot. Shrieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!! As you can expect, the conversation (five hours, Ex wasn't kidding) pinged around a lot, but what sticks out is our discussion of the collaborative nature of LW stuff.

To sum up: I was greatly amused. And, with any luck, we'll get Sketchy 'round these parts again. (Tawdry never left, but it's not the same.)

P.S. Sketchy and I drank the space-lush under the table, although not in the way you'd think.

Leap Year Lord #806649 05/02/14 09:11 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Leap Year Lord
As for Exy, I can definitely state that of all the LWers I've met, he's definitely the fourth!

ElasticLad

*gasp* They must have all been sworn to space-secrecy because I've never heard tell of such space-shenanigans!

Who are/were the other three?!?! confused

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Lard Lad #806662 05/03/14 12:26 AM
in season
in season
Carggite Grendel.

Lard Lad #806670 05/03/14 04:33 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Ah, the forbidden thrill of walking into a restaurant and telling the hostess, "I'm here to meet someone, but I don't really know his name or what he looks like..."

[She must have thought I was there to rendezvous with some guy I met on the internet, and... she was right!]

Best of all, she replied, "I think I know who you mean."

From that, we can ascertain that Ex looks like 'some guy with an indeterminate name and appearance.' Very quantum uncertainty / Schrodinger's cat of her.

'You may not know who you're looking for, but I do! I'm just that amazing!'

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Set #806673 05/03/14 04:55 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Originally Posted by Set
"I'm here to meet someone, but I don't really know his name or what he looks like..."

"Of course, Sir. Tonight's internet stalkers are located in booths 4 through 6 for your convenience."

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,110
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Not-So-Bad Lad
Not-So-Bad Lad
The Evil Anti-Moon!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star