Roll Call
0 members (), 116 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/28/24 03:23 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 58 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 57 58
Re: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
Quislet, Esq #761846 01/16/13 08:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks folks. He's doing a bit better, they've taken him off versad and put him on morphine. I'm trying to get it wrapped up before he gets home. considering he's still down, but getting better, I've got a shot at it. depends on the popo, some folks I've got checking on things, and the insurance company.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Quislet, Esq #761863 01/17/13 04:07 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, baseball bat justice sounds tempting for that one, but probably better to let the cops handle it. Sounds like you've got your hands full with your dad.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Quislet, Esq #761889 01/17/13 04:32 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Sorry, rickshaw1.

hug

(I'll save my venting for tomorrow, or Saturday. I don't think I can top stealing valuables from a sick person. Gah.)

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
Quislet, Esq #762083 01/20/13 09:47 PM
Last Thursday, I had two separate job interviews scheduled on the same day. There was one at 10 AM wayyyyy out in Suburbia-- and another one at 4:30 PM in downtown Portland.

I've commuted all over the place as a temp, so I didn't want to risk being late: I left home at 7:50 in the morning. No lie: I still made it out to the morning interview with only about twelve minutes to spare.

Then I lost another few minutes trying to find the proper locale in the middle of a giant, elaborate industrial park. Finally made it upstairs to the proper office and checked in.

The woman interviewing me came out, introduced herself, shook my hand. Told me she had a quick errand to run and that she would return shortly.

Almost a half hour elapsed. I drank (very good, free) coffee and chatted with a dude in his Fifties who was also waiting to be interviewed by somebody else.

Finally, the woman came back and said (I swear I'm not kidding): I'm sorry for the delay, but I ran into a friend in the restroom and we were talking.

shake <--- (Was doing this in my mind all through the damn interview.)

Last edited by cleome46; 01/20/13 09:48 PM.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
Quislet, Esq #762149 01/22/13 02:25 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Ah, the privilege of employers . . . getting away with insensitive, rude, and time-wasting behavior they would likely not tolerate in an employee or applicant. shake

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
Quislet, Esq #762150 01/22/13 02:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh ... boy .... I'm sorry but that is FUNNY Cleome.

bwahahaha.

At least she eventually did show up for the interview ... I've had a few where they didn't even show up.

There are a couple insulting interviews I can remember one where ... the interview was going well ... for an hour ... and then I gave them my rate and they didn't negotiate ... they ... just started insulting me ... saying there wasn't any passion in my work! They turned on a dime!

I just assume people are expressing their unhappiness one way or the other when they behave badly and it was a good thing I didn't work there.

However, If you get the job ... feel free to hang out in the ladies all day. 'cause that's cool.

Last edited by Power Boy; 01/22/13 02:46 PM.
rickshaw1 #762151 01/22/13 02:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by rickshaw1
so this last couple of weeks have really sucked. My dad was told the lung cancer is in remission. Great news. Except that two days later he's in the hospital with pneumonia. two days later he's on an intubation tube because he's gone into respiratory arrest. he gets transferred to another hospital and he's been there since, sedated and on a tube. Lungs are getting better, and his heart is still strong, but we are concerned about the kidneys.

And here's the topper. Some complete waste of humanity stole his lawn mower. Its a big one, he got it after his settlement. It's not just a lawnmower, but it's also the thing that he uses to get around outside the house. It had to be someone local, because they knew he was in the hospital and waited for the place to be empty.

They better hope to hell the police find them first. And thats no bullshit.

Man ... stealing your dad's lawnmower ... that is low.

Hope your dad gets better. poor guy.

Quislet, Esq #762227 01/23/13 08:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, the good news is that Pop is home. Been a crazy two weeks.

Bad news is.... I've found a witness, gotten a description of the assholes that stole the mower, gotten a license plate for them, and actually had the asshole flag me down, try to implicate someone else to cover his ass.

At each step along the way I've reported the information and events to the Williamsburg county sheriff's department. At each step, they make a note, and maybe it gets to the appropriate person, and maybe it doesn't. And I know this because I've been to the station TWICE in person. What I got was, ignoring the eye witness, they had another counties' deputies saying it was someone else that did it. After I got the investigator to actually look at the information i had found for them, she said to me "Well, we are accountable for everything we do...".

My answer was "Well, I know my old man, and either you can do it, or when he gets out, he'll get his truck and shotgun and he will handle it. And if I have to go hunting, I make no promises.".

Still, trying to be a good citizen, I called again today. Surprise surprise.... I haven't gotten a return call.

they have until friday. so far, I figure what I'm planning will cost him about five times what the lawnmower costs. Or a hand. I don't much care which at this point.

thanks for all the well wishes. Hope everyone else is having a better time.

Something pithy!
Quislet, Esq #762231 01/23/13 08:17 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
What those guys did was low alright... I really hope the sheriff's office does something. I mean, them handling it will help ensure there are less complications for you and your dad after... course, if they were doing their jobs there wouldn't be any reason for you to have to consider doing the job yourself...

Your anger is definitely justified, but please be careful rick! Wouldn't want anything to happen to ya!

Quislet, Esq #762241 01/23/13 08:58 PM
strange but not a stranger
OP Offline
Yes Rick, you are angry and rightly so. But don't do anything that will get you into trouble. It really is not worth it.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
Quislet, Esq #762244 01/23/13 09:35 PM
^^What they said. I feel your anger and frustration, Rick. But taking matters into your own hands would only make things worse, particularly since you've tipped off the sheriff's department to what you might do.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
Quislet, Esq #762252 01/23/13 11:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Need a posse, Rick? Paladin and Tracker are in the neighborhood. evil

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
Quislet, Esq #762560 01/27/13 05:20 PM
And then there was steak!
And then there was steak!
Well...just don't get caught, rick! XD Seriously though, do what you need to do, just think things through.

Personal rant: why, just because I'm turning 33 is everyone so concerned about when I'm going to get married?! I'm not planning on it. I don't want to. I don't want kids. Why is that choice soooooo confusing to people?

Quislet, Esq #762562 01/27/13 05:50 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Throw a party. Smoosh some wedding cake into someone's face. Problem solved.

Anyone else have a problem they need solved? I'm available as long as the previously discussed solution fits the problem. I'm kind of the Jeopardy version of Dear Abby. You job is to fit the problem to my solution.

Why does one inch of snow on the ground seem to mean to some that it's okay to zoom all-hours, any hours, through the neighborhood park on four wheelers and snow mobiles?

Quislet, Esq #762567 01/27/13 06:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Conjure lass.... if you aren't wanting the hassle... just put out the word that you are reeeeaaaallllllyyyyyy looking to get married. Guys will break their necks running.

As to being careful, I'm currently willing to let the authorities handle it.... provided that they actually DO handle it. If not, I promise, I won't get caught.

So, i an effort to stave off the flu and cold season, I've been doing something I don't normally do. I've been taking B complex and Vitamin C tablets. Funny thing is... my blood sugar has been spiking through the roof. Seemed odd that it coincided. Did a little research online. B complex good. Vitamin C... reallly not. And considering that I've been hitting the 1000mg instead of the recommeded 75 for men without diabetes... no freakin wonder. And the by products of it for a diabetic are pretty much the exact things we are looking to avoid by regulating our blood sugar. So, for the last two weeks, while trying to be healthy, I've been poisoning myself. Whatta marroooon!

so, Vitamin C is offffffff the table. I really freakin hate this effin disease. It turns you into a slave to your next meal. Ain't nobody got time for all that.

Something pithy!
Quislet, Esq #762568 01/27/13 06:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
LT, if I have to do it, the less you know, the better. But thanks for the offer.

Something pithy!
Quislet, Esq #762571 01/27/13 06:54 PM
OP Offline
I have a headache right now

Quislet, Esq #762606 01/27/13 10:56 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I've also had a sore throat and fever that keeps going away and then coming back. A couple of tablets, some raw garlic, a honey-ginger-citrus mix and a couple hours of sleep are usually enough to get me better, but as I said it keeps coming back. Hopefully my sick leave today will solve that.

Hope everyone gets better! Maybe we should have a health-food party where we can sip healthy mixed fruit shakes, gorge on salads and laugh about how many times we've gone to the toilet in the last 24 hours.

Quislet, Esq #762744 01/28/13 11:18 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Okay. The jack-@$$ that I work with hit a new level of crap today.

A dual drive unit that I had tested and turned paperwork in on that it was ready to ship was used by him as an example of how they should look when wired. Shipping and Receiving wanted to ship them, but we were 1 short. We found it...here's the thing though, it was taken apart so I had to put the drive covers back on. I went to put the document bag back in and noticed that there were coffee stains in the bottom of the box. Not just a little drop mind you, but a good sized stain.

After letting loose with a stream of expletives that would make most blush, and being thankful that he had left for the day at that point because things would not have gone well, I cleaned it up and took it back to S&R.

Now, if someone else had found it and just threw it back together without looking over it like I did, the customer would have gotten it that way and it would have came back to bite me in the ass. I talked to my boss about it and I think he understands my feelings. Even though we have a history of butting noggins over the way he talks to and treats people, this one was bad even for him. Hoping he has a legit explanation for the mess...but I am not all that hopeful.

Quislet, Esq #762777 01/29/13 01:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, it's the moanin' groanin' thread, but I'll update. Pop is headed to have his left lung drained again, hopefully it will take this time.

The other news is that the warrants have been cut for the two guys that stole his lawnmower. Right now, I'm waiting, having checked out about three places he might be, for him to return home. as soon as I see his truck, I call the cops. So far, the only thing they've had to do is get with the witness we found and get a description, and put out a warrant.

I'm thinkin' of chargin' the county for my services.

still, if this gets it done and it takes some of the worry off Pop, I'll take it.

All this after having driven from my home to wilmington, NC this morning to drop my mother in law off at the airport. Been up since four am. Fun day.

Something pithy!
Quislet, Esq #763938 02/15/13 12:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I swear to God my brother complains about my haircut "he has to live with me" I didn't get a haircut just to make life bearable for him. I don't care if he's sick!

How's your dad doing Rick?

Quislet, Esq #763972 02/15/13 08:59 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
He's getting a little bit stronger, but he's still having trouble with fluid in his lung. And I'm working on the resolution of the lawnmower.

Something pithy!
Sarcasm Kid #763974 02/15/13 09:28 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Sarcasm Kid
I swear to God my brother complains about my haircut "he has to live with me" I didn't get a haircut just to make life bearable for him. I don't care if he's sick!

Sounds a bit like my roommate who thought that when I had a cold and was coughing, I was cooughing to annoy him.

Quislet, Esq #763981 02/15/13 10:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My brother has been insufferable for months. He's transferring to a SUNY college and my gracious mother won't stop complaining about it.

Quislet, Esq #764398 02/24/13 02:41 PM
Just stopping in to pass out some hug hug hug for AF, Sarky, rickshaw1 and anyone else who wants one.

It's the only thing I've plenty of, Babies...

Page 22 of 58 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 57 58

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,975
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
superboymddjr
superboymddjr
Hayward, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star