Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37
Re: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
#348510 08/06/06 07:11 AM
Deputy
Deputy
ohhh best get me skates on sounds like fun times ahead

:polarboy:
#348511 08/06/06 05:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cobie, the files have been sent to the designated location. I hope there's something in them that helps but the Dark Oval stuff is pretty sketchy...

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#348512 08/07/06 12:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Now that Caliente is no longer here to browbeat me. I invite all Dark Oval Infiltrators, Legion World Fifth Columnist Traitors, all hired ruffians and my friends in the security office to partake in the services of my various legitimate businesses.

Conflict is always profitable.

#348513 08/07/06 09:34 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by dedman:
Hey there Cobie. Heard you were alooking for me. Whats this mission about? Does it involve lusty wenchs? Oceans of booze?
Er, well, I promise the next mission involving lusty wenches and oceans of booze will be yours to be the point man on. In the meantime, I need to talk to you about infiltrating a cruiser that is part of a fleet renowned for being impenetrable. If I’m correct, I believe there’s one orbiting Legion World right now, while its occupant stirs up trouble planet side. Its my job to be ‘in the know’, but I don’t want anyone else risking certain death unless I’m positive they can beat it…

Originally posted by Frio:
You know, Everyday Girl, you're pretty upity for a Valley girl. Someone really ought to--

<a shift in the poles sends a chill down Frio's spine as she feels the connection with her powers weakening>

Excuse me, I have to... leave. Tell Cobalt Kid he'll have to find someone else to hold down the fort, I have business to attend to elsewhere.
Frio?

Jailbait Lass, please see if she’s okay. I’ve always had a special connection with her, and with Caliente gone, I’d feel terrible if something happened to her…(damn crisis…diverting all my attention elsewhere…dammit Lardy…)

Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
Whoah, there's alot of new faces around here. Guess I really have been away on deep undercover missions for too long. Hello, everyone. My name's Super Lad Kid and I've worked for the Office of Security in the past. You can check the case files for Tarik the Mute's Acadamy (not my proudest moment, I admit) and one of our many confrontations with Thora. My mutant ability of scent-replication has come in handy a few times in the past.

Anyway, it'll be nice working with you all until I'm sent away on my next long-term top-secret mission. Can't wait to meet each one of you. Um, anyone know where he keeps the paychecks? I've got like a years worth waiting for me.

And if anyone sees Cobalt tell him I have the report finished from my stay at the Space Ranger Acadamy over the last year. I think he might be interested in reading it.
Thanks SLK! These files should have some interesting tidbits…

<opens folder reading ‘Internal Affairs Claims History’>

Your reputation preceeds you around here. You, Space Ranger, Emerald Empress and I opened this place. And while the made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of justice, you and I can fight on in their memory. I have a feeling things are going to get tough around here, and it’ll be good to know you’re manning the fort here at the security office.

<throws a large sword and giant Cable-esque gun>

Just in case, I asked the boys over in the tech office to come up with some Rob Liefield-esque weaponry for you.

Originally posted by LARDLAD:
Hello, Security Office. Just wanted to let you all know that after consulting with Cobalt, I've agreed to serve in a special advisory capacity for the duration of the crisis we feel is imminent regarding the Dark Oval. I've helped this office out before for special espionage missions and will be proud to serve with you in a more open role.
I’ve asked Jailbait Lass (my intern) to prepare an office for you. And I’ve got an update. This Space Ranger isn’t the only one making his way here. Rumors are everywhere suggesting the Hrykosians are mobilizing a small army and entering UP space. While they’re dealing with the bureaucratic red tape on that end, a smaller cruiser, perhaps containing a D.O. ambassador is on his way here. I don’t know what to make of it…sending an ambassador isn’t their style…

Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Cobie, the files have been sent to the designated location. I hope there's something in them that helps but the Dark Oval stuff is pretty sketchy...
Thanks Abin. I’ll give them a look over as soon as I get a moment. Also, be on the look-out for any potential infiltrations via deep space…

Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Now that Caliente is no longer here to browbeat me. I invite all Dark Oval Infiltrators, Legion World Fifth Columnist Traitors, all hired ruffians and my friends in the security office to partake in the services of my various legitimate businesses.

Ah, Tamper. Some things never change. I actually might have an idea on how we can work together on this. Apparently, the D.O. is ready for some economic terrorism of their own on Legion World. Given Nightcrawler’s set-up, I don’t think they have a chance. But perhaps you can come up with some ideas on hitting them back twice as hard…through the economy? There will be some profit in it for you. And until Kent or Actor tells me otherwise, I’m not above it.

#348514 08/07/06 12:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cobalt Kid, my father has given permission for us to use a detachment of his Psi-Police to keep an eye on things. Their empathic and telepathic abilities could come in handy with all the new faces appearing on and around Legion World.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#348515 08/07/06 12:18 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Infiltrating a cruiser eh? Well I'll give it a shot. I should be able to step through the Poltergiest Area right onto the ship. I'll give it a try, will report back when I find some news.

#348516 08/07/06 05:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cobalt, dear friend, I am currently stuck here in in the far distant past. The time bubble is somehow being prevented from returning by what appears to a giant Swiss cheese across the time stream.
It is taking all of my power tomorrow beam this message through to you.

My contacts in the diplomatic core have been unable to find out anything from the Dark Oval sector. All normal channels have mysteriously dried up. Its amazing. In all my time in her majestys service I have never heard such a resounding silence. All “sources close to the minister” and “high level contacts” have stopped leaking. There is a silence so loud it is defening.

I do have one small bit of information transmitted from contacts deep within the Hrykosian empire but I am unsure as to its significance. It was garbled because of distortion from the time stream but as best ican make out it said something about “beware the ides of 365”

Hope this helps and once I can find out a way to get past the cheese barrier I hope to be able to help out with more diplomatic work.

Faithfull
#348517 08/07/06 10:40 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cobalt, just checking in. I have finished a preliminary investigation of the cloaked cruiser in orbit.
First, the cruiser really is there, your intel was correct. Also it is of Hrykosian manufacture with Dark Oval markings.
Secondly I managed to get inside of said cruiser and eavesdropped on a somewhat lenghty convesation between two crewmembers.
Unfortunately, they were speaking a language I couldn't understand. (I can only assume it was Hrykosian). I have enlisted Spellbinder to assist me in recalling what was said and translating.
I will be attempting a return to the ship later to see if I can discover anything else.

#348518 08/08/06 08:53 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Far, try and get back as soon as possible. I feel your diplomatic skills will be needed here soon enough.

"Ides of 365" eh? Not sure what that means...

Deddy, it seems my fears were justified. A Hrykosian cruiser this close? That means their cloaking tech is better than even we thought. I can't help but feel they had help getting this close. And I can think of one newcomer that virtually no ordinary soldier would question, given his status as a law officer...

#348519 08/08/06 10:51 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm at your disposal, Dedman. Perhaps we can also reprogram a Universal Translator once we break down the Hrykosian language. That should help you when you return to the cloaked vessal.

Cobie, perhaps our mages can be of some assistance in uncovering these cloaked ships. I know that there are locator spells, and perhaps those can be modified to search for hidden objects? Maxx or Pagan Lass would know better than I, of course.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#348520 08/08/06 03:52 PM
Active
Active
Hrun enters the security office carrying a large canvas bag. On closer inspection the bag is wriggling furiously.

Noticing Spellbinder he bows. “My lady. Tis well met here indeed. I have found this creature skulking in a small space ship in orbit around LegionWorld. I believe it is a Hrykosian though why they are in this part of the galaxy I know not”

As he emptied the bag out in the midst of the floor all craned their neck to see just what a Hrykosian looked like.

“Hrun sweetie” said Spellbinder “how did you catch this prisoner, we only know of one battle cruiser in orbit, are there more?”

Hrun smiled and stretched, his muscles glistening with a thin sheen of sweat, “Pah! The northern barbarians use Hrykosian mercenaries and they are naught but mewling cravens with no sense of honour. Entering a criuser and fighting off a few hundred soldiers was but a moments play for my mighty axe.”

Maybe now we can gain some knowledge of their language from this prisoner” Said Spellbinder but if he has been trained to resist my probes we might need a strong telepath like Saturn Girl on this job.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
#348521 08/08/06 08:32 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<looks over Hrykosian>

He's one of them all right. One from one of the five clans of the Dark Oval. And I can see a hate in his eyes already, even though he doesn't know me.

But they still haven't truly attacked us, no matter what they intend. I suggest this remains a secret here in the Security Office. They're coming for us...no need to inflame them further.

Crujeckie, those mages might be a big help. In the meantime, see what you read from this ones mind. My intel suggests they are going to send an ambassador here...but if they're already prepared for war...great Rao, we'll need to alert the triumvirate armies...

#348522 08/08/06 09:37 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
*turns up with blue skin, metal plates on his face and new, helmeted costume*

Unless you've been driven nuts by your powers, I'd stay away from the Anomaly at 56.3351ºN, 87.2355ºE and 32.2409ºV. It's a doozy.

And Dark Oval, Opal. Am I missing something here, or wasn't there a big Opal left behind after we finally got... umm, severed Avalon's link to this dimension? The past year and a bit's all a bit of a blur...

*drops customary stink bomb and teleports out, meaning to see how the Mainframe's been doing in his absence*

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#348523 08/08/06 10:57 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cobalt, Spellbinder has extacted the Hrykosian's converstion from my memory. Its in the hands of the translators now. Hopefully they can come up with something useful. In the meantime I am returning to the ship to see if I can find anything else. If I get the opportunity I'll try for the ships log.

#348524 08/08/06 11:57 PM
Deputy
Deputy
<Slips into security office through a tesseract behind Jailbait Lass' desk>

ohmygod, 'lita, slide out of here as soon as you can... meet me... you know where...

<Re-Enters Tesseract>

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#348525 08/09/06 08:55 AM
Active
Active
Hmmm, I don't think you guys can smell it, but this Hrykosian emits a unique scent. I should be able to reproduce that scent with my scent replication powers should the circumstances ever warrent it.

#348526 08/09/06 10:34 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

Chief - I'm diverting 4% of the booze budget to Tamper Lad's <strike>war profiteering scams</strike> investment opportunities. We may have to go from bottles to cans for a few days but the extra cash may come in handy in case we need to bring in any <strike>paid assassins</strike> outside consultants to help with this Space Ranger situation.

#348527 08/09/06 11:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I heard a rumor that a Dark Oval Armada is about to cut off trade between Pilsen Planet and Legion World in an attempt to make us surrender Cobalt Kid and LardLad.

This will effectively cut off our supply of imported beer. The Genius Club has forseen this contigency and is prepared to release some of our supply of fine imported beer through an open auction system.

#348528 08/10/06 01:20 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I also have massive hoarded supplies of booze and beer in the Lair's storage tessaract. Trust me...it could last all of Legion World about a year, even given its population's lust for alcohol!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#348529 08/10/06 01:25 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
BTW, my source within the D.O. confirms that it will be sending an ambassadorial detachment any day now representing the Hrykosian cartel.

Don't be fooled, fellow security officers...they're not going to come here with a reasonable peace plan. They want Cobalt and me, true, but they want to eliminate Legion World and the LMB as a potential threat to their expansion more than anything else!

#348530 08/10/06 10:25 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
THE BASTARDS SHOT ME OUT AN AIRLOCK!!!!!!!!

They caught me in their computer files and shot me out an airlock. Thought it would killll me i guessss. Welll technicalllllly it did, but I'm feeeeeeeling much betttter now.
Last I saw their ship was headed for the far side of Legionworld, just relocating I'd guess.
Anywoooooooo, the important thing is....right before they caught me I found some files in Interlac refering to an ambassssssdor who is due to arrrrrrrrrrrrive tomorrrrow or the day after. We have to keeeeeeeep a close eye on any new arrrrivals.

#348531 08/11/06 05:23 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Oh look at you all rushing around so busy,

Dedman your looking a bit worse for ware,

This should cheer you all up look I made an ice monkey!

[Linked Image]

:polarboy:
#348532 08/11/06 06:47 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Cool!

Hopefully Monkey Eater Lad won't confuse it for the real thing though laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#348533 08/13/06 08:16 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
me am back ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#348534 08/14/06 01:24 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<<<Memo>>>

To: All Security Personnel

All security personnel are invited to a clandestine meeting with myself and Cobalt regarding the Hrykosian affair at Vee's Villa in the Neptune Suite. The meeting will be ongoing, so please make haste to arrive ASAP.

(Please delete this message from your Omnicom as soon as you receive this message)

<<<End Memo>>>

Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Policy Pam
Policy Pam
Tartarus
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star