Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Your Pick for Creative Team for the Legion RIGHT NOW - 18 issue minimum
#362952 07/11/07 06:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I mentioned just a couple of artists but basically Alan Davis, Jim Lee, Chris Batista, Pacheco, Perez, Jimenez, or Lightle do it for me. Maybe some more.

#362953 07/11/07 08:43 PM
Active
Active
Geoff Johns and Jim Lee.

Gorilla Nebula
#362954 07/13/07 11:44 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely. This book needs a big dash of cinematic James Cameron-ish sci-fi goodness.

We'd tie Quitely to his desk for 16 hours a day so he could get his pages in on time.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#362955 07/13/07 11:52 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I'm pretty happy with the Morrison/Quitely team right where they are, though.

#362956 07/13/07 12:07 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
For some reason my mind keeps veering back to Roy Thomas and Bill Sienkiewicz.

#362957 07/13/07 06:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kurt Busiek and Perez or Pacheco

Touch the magic...
#362958 07/14/07 07:38 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Writer: Grant Morrison
Artist: Katsuhiro Otomo (Akira)

An impossible dream--Katsuhiro is far too popular in Japan for him to work on any American property, unless he's paid more than DC would be willing to, but this would, in my mind, be the absolute Legion team. What the Legion needs most is imagination and a sense of fun, both which Grant Morrison has in spades. As for Katsuhiro...well, look at Akira (the manga, not the movie).

Writers: Phil & Kaja Foglio (Girl Genius)
Artist: Eiichiro Oda (One Piece)

I bought the first Girl Genius Omnibus last week, and it is by far the best comic book I've bought in the last year. Again, imagination, inspiration, and a sense of fun--all three have been lacking in mainstream American comic books, and they are things the Foglios have in spades.

Having Oda as a artist, again, would be impossible--One Piece seems primed to last forever, and his own property will always trump someone else's--but his characters are some of the most distinctive, imaginative, and fun I've seen on either side of the Pacific. Some people will say his style is too "weird" for the American comics--those people are mad.

Girl Genius', for those who don't know about it (I was introduced to it via Legion World, so I don't know) site:
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/

Some of Oda's Characters--One Piece's protagonists--can be seen here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2f/Strawhat_pirates.png

#362959 07/14/07 11:17 AM
Deputy
Deputy
If it's a dream team situation with no holds barred, I'd have...

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (Bi-monthly, 12 issue maxiseries, 40 pages)
Plot/Concepts: Grant Morrison
Script: Robert Kirkman
Penciller: Pasqual Ferry
The Omni-Wave strikes the Future and the Legion of New Earth assemble to explore a bold new era of heroism!
(I'd direct this to be a soft reboot of the Threeboot era with selected Silver Age and Reboot concepts woven back into the mix and plenty of Morrisonesque high concepts! Kirkman provides the dialogue and team interplay needed with a large team of teens, and Ferry's visuals are a perfect match with superkids and future-tech alike.)

LEGION: ESPIONAGE SQUAD (Bi-monthly, 6 issue miniseries, 32 pages)
Writer: Andy Diggle
Penciller: Ivan Reis
The Future may be bright, but some heroism is best done in the dark...
(Invisible Kid, Triplicate Girl, Chameleon, Phantom Girl, Shrinking Violet, Gear and others explore the seedy underbelly of the future. Andy Diggle gets deep into the foundations of the high concepts from Morrison, with gritty visuals from Ivan Reis.)

LEGION OF THREE EARTHS (Bi-monthly, 6 issue miniseries, 32 pages)
Writers: Geoff Johns and Keith Giffen
Penciller: Mark Farmer
Worlds Collide and the Legion will never be the same again! The Legion make their stand against the Omni-Wave... and fail! But how does the 52 figure with the successor Legion of New Earth?
(I'd assume the Threeboot Legion occurs on another of the 52 Earths - shades of the Pocket Universe with Supergirl I know - and this mini-series would show the meeting of the Preboot, Postboot and Threeboot Legion as they struggle Crisis-style against the Omni-Wave that threatens to rewrite reality, and what happens after they fail!)

The basic idea would be that there'd be a Legion comic every week, the first year alternating between the oversized main LSH title and the Espionage Squad, to tease the reader with some big plots and varied detail of a new vision of the Legion that would tweak the Threeboot to incorporate more elements from previous continuity with a view to reintroducing the fun and future-wonder of the original Legion series. The second year would see the continuation of the LSH title with a second story arc, alternating monthly with the Legion of Three Worlds miniseries to showcase the various Legions and explain the mystery of the New Earth Legion seen in the main title. At the end of the two year period we'd see either the New Earth Legion relegated to being 'just another 52 Earths Legion', or continued as a 32-page monthly title. It'd also be an opportunity to examine the Legion heritage as a whole with a view to integrating fan favourite concepts while working within the established DC 52 Earth continuity.

And you better believe Xs and Gates'd be involved somehow! smile

Oh yeah... I forgot the short version.
If it was just throw these guys at the title and see what they make of it I'd have my LSH title team of:
Plot: Grant Morrison
Script: Robert Kirkman
Pencils: Pasqual Ferry

Wayne@OZ
#362960 07/30/07 10:55 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
You know who might make a good writer for the Legion?

George R.R. Martin.

Pro:
- excellent writer
- was the editor of, and one of the writers of, the Wild Cards series, so he has experience with writing in the superhero genre and experience juggling a massive cast of characters. Just as important, he has tremendous *affection for* the superhero genre
- accomplished science fiction author, so the Legion's setting should not be an uncomfortable one for him
- accomplished TV writer, so he has shown that he can transfer his talents from one medium to another
- he's famous and might bring in some new readers

Cons:
- I don't think he's done much work with comics himself. Maybe some; I'm not sure. But not much
- He's falling way behind on his 'A Song of Ice and Fire' fantasy series. This is bad in two ways: it suggests he may not be able to handle a regular monthly-comic writing assignment, and it means that if he spends time writing the Legion, he's not spending that time writing ASoIaF, and that's intolerable for those of us who are on tenterhooks waiting for the next book

#362961 07/30/07 11:43 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Love the idea of an Espionage Squad book, but that type of writing takes someone GOOD. Part comic book writer, part mystery. Agatha Christy would have made a great writer for Legion.

In fact, a "Ten Little Indians" with Legion rip-off might make a good read. Yeah, that's what I want, Legion incorporated into the classics.

Twelve Angry Legionnaires
Whose Afraid of Timber Wolfe
Durgo Does, uh, nevermind

#362962 07/30/07 12:24 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
In fact, a "Ten Little Indians" with Legion rip-off might make a good read.
It *is* a good read. It's entitled "Doom of the Super-Heroes", Adventure #310, by Edmond Hamilton.

I guess we have to wait for the Wizard Chicago con in two weeks for the promised "announcement". I haven't really thought about who I want. Not Geoff Johns for an ongoing monthly, for sure. He has enough on his plate, anyway.

It wouldn't be shocked to hear it's one of the creators involved in the cartoon.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Policy Pam
Policy Pam
Tartarus
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star