Roll Call
1 members (stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86), 12 Murran Spies, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/25/24 11:29 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/25/24 11:26 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/25/24 08:03 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/25/24 06:56 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:27 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Wow!!! Legion #27!!! (SPOILERS)
#16525 12/04/03 07:41 AM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I've gotten spoiled by the weekly Legion issues.

Now I'm really getty antsy for #28 to come out!

#16526 12/04/03 07:53 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Relax Stu. Only 20 more days. Same as the number of shopping days left until Christmas. tongue

#16527 12/04/03 01:57 PM
Applicant
Applicant
I was really impressed with the art in this issue. Also liked the little touches, like the photo of James in KQ's room.

Re: the kiss

First thought: Brainy's gay. After reading everyone else's opinions, I kinda agree with the one where Brainy doesn't pay attention to gender. He obviously cares about IK, to what extent (friend or more) is left to be seen.

Great issue!

Go get'em Jan
#16528 12/06/03 10:54 AM
Honorary
Honorary
On the subject of poke , seems premature in a title where there's scarcely any strong platonic relationships on the team to jump to a gay relationship. In the least, I can't name that many as established by DnA: FerroLad , whom have written very little about under DnA. The Brainy/Gates friendship seems to have been retained from the previous writers, and I guess Violet and Kinetix would still be considered good friends if the latter were still human. But that's all the close friendship on this team. If that doesn't seem odd, think of all the pairs of friends when Levitz was writing the title.

Welcome to Legion World!
All credits accepted!
No Super-Rejects allowed!
#16529 12/07/03 02:58 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
One more thing... Supermanred3003 over on the new DCMB pointed this out...

Brainiac 5 said that the "temporal anomalies seem to be radiating out from some kind of time event 10 years in our past."

Could this time event be Zero Hour? I'm starting to wonder more and more if those people who thought the hooded figure last ish was the Time Trapper were right on the money.
See, my Time Trapper theory does make some sense! Don't count it out yet, I have a feeling that the Trapper is involved. If the ten years ago thing refers to Zero Hour, Crisis, or anything else, how could the Trapper not be involved? We have Superboy in the future, no mention of Valor, KQ acting weird, Cos continually annoyed and irritated...lots of clues.

I think Darkseid has to be a Red Hearing. Why even go back to the Great Darkness Saga when all you can come up with is a let-down. Quiet Darkness was IMO the only way to ever have Darkseid in the Legion again, because it was such a subtle story that was completely different from Great Darkness. I think the Time Trapper is the real villian here, or at least I really don't hope it's Darkseid.

Other thoughts:
-Ayla and Vi. I really liked this little bit! I love the two of them as a couple, I hope this is the start of something. Even if it's not, I'm glad to see Vi get some screen time, and I agree that her getting hurt has to lead somewhere, or else why show it at all? I hope this is theh end of her growth powers. I would love, love, love for Gim to come back, but whether he does or doesn't, I want Violet to lose the growth powers. She's come a long way with her shrinking powrs, and I'd love to see the growth of the confident TMK Vi begin.

-Loved the art in this issue. Best since Olivier. Especially all the Legionnaires showing up to save Lyle.

-Brainy's kiss. Interesting, I was shocked to see it in there! IMO, Lyle is definately gay. He is, there's no doubt about it. I'm not sure about Brainy yet, but I'm interested to see where it goes. Whether the kiss shows he is gay or not though, it does show him being emotional in public, which I think is a major point!

-Ferro. I was very glad to see Ferro stand up to Cos in this issue, and show some back bone, evidently gotten from his time with Val. But does anyone else see his friendship with Superboy and think of how he sacrificed his life for him pre-boot? I know this is another wild speculation (like my Time Trapper theory), but could this be the foreshadowing of Ferro looking up to Superboy and befriending him, and then one day sacrificing his life for him? Something else else to keep in mind...could Ferro be on the road to a tragic death AGAIN? Call it an inkling...

All in all, I'm sticking to the Time Trapper theory. I think that was him in the last ish, and that there has to be more going on than Darkseid. I really hope the clear up the Valor/M'onel mess and start showing how his continuity fits into all this. And if Cos is so on edge lately, maybe this fits into the Trapper being around? Plus, don't forget speculation that the Trapper empowered the Blight a few years ago, in DnA's first story arc!

#16530 12/07/03 07:44 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I think Darkseid has to be a Red Hearing.
I think Red Hearing is this guy's postboot alter ego: AntennaeBoy

smile wink

#16531 12/08/03 02:18 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think the story is screaming Time Trapper - which may mean it won't happen. ( I did look for hooded figures in the background in #27 and Secret Files, but didn't see any.)

How will it work out if the Legion goes back to Zero Hour, or Glorith's big snow scene? I hope it's something else (much as I like Glorith) - for better or worse, we've moved on, it's a new Legion with a new history. For all I wax nostalgic over old characters, I don't know that I want to see the Legion reverse-engineered.

Not saying this is going to happen, just wondering about the effects if it did. Maybe it would just be another parallel universe story, in which legionnaires interact with their parallel selves.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#16532 12/08/03 10:07 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Other thoughts:
-Ayla and Vi. I really liked this little bit! I love the two of them as a couple, I hope this is the start of something. Even if it's not, I'm glad to see Vi get some screen time, and I agree that her getting hurt has to lead somewhere, or else why show it at all? I hope this is theh end of her growth powers. I would love, love, love for Gim to come back, but whether he does or doesn't, I want Violet to lose the growth powers. She's come a long way with her shrinking powrs, and I'd love to see the growth of the confident TMK Vi begin.
I've made my opinions on Vi/Ayla elswhere, but I want to comment to that reference to TMK Vi. When Levitz put Vi through the ringer she came back as one of the toughest Legionnaires, but she was still very feminine, but TMK's version came off as just a man with breasts,IMO, and I really don't want that character back.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#16533 12/09/03 11:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Arachne:
When Levitz put Vi through the ringer she came back as one of the toughest Legionnaires, but she was still very feminine, but TMK's version came off as just a man with breasts,IMO, and I really don't want that character back.
That's funny, I saw the short-haired Levitz Vi as being more masculine than TMK's Vi. She wasn't just tough, she was hard, imo in attitude and especially body -- she was pumping iron all the time. I thought the TMK Vi had more vulnerabliity after her trauma in the war and having Ayla in her life allowed her to show a softer side.

#16534 12/10/03 03:40 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Violet is getting characterization from DnA, I'm just not sure if she's being taken in a direction that many of us would have chosen.

In the pre-boot, she came out of her sens-tank experience angry, aggressive and vocal - entirely understandable given the circumstances, and probably far better than retreating into sorrow, self-pity and fear. As far as I could see, TMK took her along a logical path - she retained her toughness (remember how she wanted to get right back in the battle after she'd lost her leg?) and she would say what she thought, yet she had lost the anger; she had developed a loving relationship with Ayla, she shed tears when moved, she even took the initiative to make peace with Yera.

This current version of Violet strikes me as something of a cynic, borderline bad girl - or she flirts with being a tease (what was that scene twisting her finger in Lyle's hair in Secret Files??) . I could see her punching out a team-mate who pissed her off, rolling her eyes and groaning when somebody said something foolish, no pretense. She's tough and dedicated, now we know she can shrink but seems to prefer being big (and dominant?). I don't dislike what we know of her character, but it is a break with the past and I don't see that it has evolved as smoothly from events as did pre-boot Vi's character.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#16535 12/11/03 06:36 AM
Deputy
Deputy
A lot of what has happened in Foundations seems a little off-kilter; I'm sticking with the assumption that all of that is purposeful.

Re: the kiss, I certainly have no problem with it. I would welcome a gay couple in the Legion, but I do have to agree that I don't see any groundwork laid for Brainy "preferring the company of men" in the words of Marge Simpson ("Well, who doesn't? responded Homer, in one of the great scenes in Simpsons history). Sure, I can rationalize it, but the precedent just isn't there. And sure, it was just a peck on the cheek, but why show it if it doesn't mean something? Brainy's pulled a lot of people's fat out of the fire in the past, but he hasn't kissed them. Hey, if DnA wanted to get people talking, they certainly succeeded.

Overall, a good issue. I'm pretty pleased with the way things are going with Foundations thus far.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#16536 12/11/03 08:45 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
sure, it was just a peck on the cheek, but why show it if it doesn't mean something?...if DnA wanted to get people talking, they certainly succeeded.
Answered your own question?

Some are taking it (IMO way too) seriously, but most are just having fun or thought provokking discussion.

Foundations is about homage yes? Maybe DnA were giving one to the fans?

Perhaps when all is said and done, they will give their take on the Umbra-Kid Q, Brainy - Lyle affection or maybe the kisses do have play in the story.

My anticipation is sure up, they've accomplished that.

#16537 12/11/03 09:09 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Well, the interviews of the last day or so pretty much confirmed that DnA aren't going to do anything with "that kiss" even if they HAD had plans to. Chip said he's working on 30 and you saw his response earlier in the thread. Unless they crammed something into their last issue or so, even working from the presumption that there WAS "anything to it" yields nothing.

Can we turn it down a tad now then?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#16538 12/11/03 09:37 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Actually, I intend to turn it up. I've already bought them a lovely blender for a wedding gift smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#16539 12/11/03 01:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm going to send them a nice breadmaker -- do you think they'll mind that I originally bought it for Val and Andy? (but since they're no longer the hot couple... and since Andy can't eat bread anymore, it'd just seem kinda cruel)

#16540 12/11/03 01:44 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
I'm going to send them a nice breadmaker -- do you think they'll mind that I originally bought it for Val and Andy? (but since they're no longer the hot couple... and since Andy can't eat bread anymore, it'd just seem kinda cruel)
Okay, sorta back on topic here. When was it established that Andy couldn't eat in his iron form? Just curious as this is the first I recall hearing it.

#16541 12/11/03 01:47 PM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
No, it's an Atkins thing.

#16542 12/12/03 03:01 AM
Active
Active
Well, I've thought Lyle and Brainy would make a good couple for years. But after long reflection, I won't be completely heartbroken if they end up just ignoring the kiss. Just mostly heartbroken. *choke, sob*

If they lead it into a 'very very close friendship!' relationship, though, that's fine with me. Just do SOMETHING with it! It's too delicious a change in Brainy to be ignored!

科学の使者、キュアドクス!
#16543 12/12/03 10:49 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Okay, sorta back on topic here. When was it established that Andy couldn't eat in his iron form? Just curious as this is the first I recall hearing it.
It wasn't -- I'm just making assumptions based on him being iron and that his helmet would make it difficult to eat any solid food (he could eat bread *crumbs* or croutons maybe ...).

#16544 12/12/03 01:53 PM
Applicant
Applicant
i always figured ferro's ability was a lot like colossus's (x-men). when he's armored up, he doesn't need to eat, and doesn't breathe. don't ask me how that works, but apparently it does.

it was the ether that knocked her out cold.
#16545 12/12/03 04:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Not much iron in bread. Maybe spinach but it makes him gassy. Iron farts, not nice.

It's not Stone Boy, Ferro can move as he is, how'd they say it, liquid metal? Is it just his skin or all? If all, couldn't he move like a Metal Man? I hope not, but perhaps he just hasn't yet discovered that capability.

#16546 12/12/03 09:36 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Re: Ferro: Some of these points were addressed shortly after Ferro moved to the Legion's era, when he was looking for a doctor who would give him a more "normal" appearance. One he consulted suggested that his face could be sculpted while he was in his iron form, but he would then risk bleeding to death if he ever reverted to flesh afterwards (of course, if Ferro's face was really as messed-up as that doctor described it, he should have bled to death the day he was born, but that's another topic).

Ferro can eat while in his iron form, but has no sense of taste. It's not clear yet whether he needs to eat, but he can. And yes, with the helmet, he doubtless has to cut his food into very small bites. wink

"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...
#16547 12/13/03 01:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Even if he could eat, how would he ... evacuate? The helmet's fused to him, so I'm going to guess his clothes are to? I guess he'd need someone with a laser cutter and a *steady* hand to help him. Or maybe in his iron form, any food matter he takes in is converted to energy so that there is no solid waste -- yeah, that sounds better...

#16548 12/13/03 08:49 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Much better.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#16549 12/20/03 08:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Whatever happened to Umbra's shadow entourage anyway? I can understand how they wouldn't be visible in space, but we haven't seen them in either the Secret Files or in this issue, when they were coming out of the Threshold. Does that mean they only appear when she wants them to? Another development that needs to be explored!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,941
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ultrajo
ultrajo
Atlanta, GA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star