Roll Call
0 members (), 48 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 43 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Re: Survivor: Marzal
#375584 11/09/08 12:00 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
lol

You guys wanted a "Survivor" experience.

Tell me, honestly: How is this one measuring up?

[Linked Image]

#375585 11/09/08 12:02 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
You promise? Right here in front of everyone? You do know how bad it'll look to the jury if you go back on your word, don't you?

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#375586 11/09/08 12:04 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Yes--in front of Jeff, the jury and our fallen comrade, I give you my word I will take you with me.

#375587 11/09/08 12:05 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Okay. I'm letting go of the pole now.

#375588 11/09/08 12:07 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
...and with that:

<span style="font-size: 30px;">Floating Foxlike Creature Wins Immunity!!!</span>

Lardy, I hope, for your sake, the word of a sly foxlike creature is bond... or you might have just given away the grand prize.

#375589 11/09/08 12:08 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Any parting words for your sadistic host before he hits the sack?

#375590 11/09/08 12:08 AM
Substitute
Substitute
'bout time you let go of your pole, Lard Lad!!!

#375591 11/09/08 12:09 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Jeff, I sure hope you're right. But I really do need to get to bed... so, we'll see.

#375592 11/09/08 09:52 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
All right, guys, for the final time as the Tyroc Tribe, head up to the Tribal Council area...

[Linked Image]

Have a seat. We now see our jury entering... dedman... Quislet, Esq... Lone Wolf... Lance... Gamara... and Novelty, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

[Linked Image]

Well, first off, congratulations to all of you on that marathon test of wills last night. I truly didn't expect it to go as long as it did... and, once I realized how dedicated you all were, feared it would go much longer. No matter what happens here tonight, you all have my respect.

Since this is the last time we'll meet in this format, and it's all over but the final vote, I'll dispense with the usual questions and answers and just turn the floor over to the three of you. Take the next three posts,

<span style="font-size: 20px;">Davey, Floating Fox, and Lard Lad</span>

to speak your mind.

Since Floating Foxlike Creature won Immunity, you may not vote for him... and, as you also may not vote for youself, that means Lardy and Davey's votes will cancel each other out... so there is no need for either of you to vote. That means, when you're ready, Floating Foxlike Creature, you may cast your single secret vote via PM to Exnihil to say who the final person will be to leave... Survivor.

Good Luck, everyone.

#375593 11/09/08 01:04 PM
Active
Active
Whatever happens to me is my own fault. I was determined to stay as long as I could, but I got silly with the song lyrics. I thought I had posted, but the screen never updated. I guess it was just sitting there loading for like a minute and a half. Wen I looked up at 11:45 and didn't see it I got scared and figured I needed to do it again, and then both of them appeared.

What happened to me was my own fault, so there will be no reprisals. You're families are safe.

Our plan worked, the three of us are here now. I'm proud of that. In this whole game, I never promised, or even offered, anything to anyone that was a lie, or that I didn't deliver. I'm proud of that, too.

Good luck, whoever goes on.

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#375594 11/09/08 01:49 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Last night was WILD! I was this close to dropping out because I had to go to work early this morning!

I hope Foxy keeps his word to me last night. It was a leap of faith borne out of my desperation to get the challenge over with. We'll see...

But like Dave said, we achieved our main goal that was established among us from Day One. If I leave tonight, it'll be hard to feel too terribly dissatisfied!

#375595 11/09/08 02:24 PM
Substitute
Substitute
A few comments...

First of all, I feel incredibly grateful to be sitting here with this immunity necklace around my neck, what with all the comments made over the last couple of rounds about how all the people with animal or creature avatars or names were being voted out one after the other! As a floating foxlike creature, I was wondering whether there was some kind of conspiracy against us...

Second, in the sober light of day today, I looked back on all the comments the three of us made in that two-and-a-half hour ordeal yesterday. At the time, I was too focused on just staying in the game, but now... how totally insane! No wonder no one was "watching" the program at that point... [LOL] I found the hardest part of the challenge to be the fact that you could only post once in each five-minute period. I was on the verge several times of posting a response to something someone else had said or asked, only to refrain at the last second because I realized that I had to wait for the next five-minute period to do so.

Finally, I have to say that this is the hardest vote I've had to make in this game. I've had to vote out some good people, and strong competitors, that I really liked and wished I could have continued playing the game with. Going through the Fallen Comrades ritual made me realize just how lucky I am to be here, and to have had the chance to have this experience with such a good group of folks. Anyway, this particular vote is especially tough because all three of us were on the same team together on day one, and unfortunately can't all be together on the last day. The vote is also tough because of how hard we all fought in that grueling and tedious last challenge. In the end, my vote is based on loyalty and trust.

OK, I've cast my vote. To the person who's voted off, I'm sorry.

#375596 11/09/08 06:37 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I'll go tally the vote.

Once the vote is read, the decision is final, the person voted out is asked to leave the tribal council area immediately.

I'll read the vote:

The tenth person voted out of Survivor: Marzal... and the final member of our jury:

[Linked Image]

I'm sorry, Davey, bring me your torch.

[Linked Image]

Davey Fairplay, the Tribe has spoken.

Floating Foxlike Creature... Lard Lad... congratulations. You've come as far as two can go under their own steam. From this moment on, your fate is in the hands of the jury.

As a reward for your endurance, you will have the entire day tomorrow to kick back and relax at camp. Have a good meal, say your farewells to your home for this past month. We'll meet again in the Tribal Council area on Tuesday night to start the jury proceedings. See you then, guys... pick up your torches and head on back to camp.

Cue Music:

<span style="font-size: 25px;">OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH-WEE-AH
OH-OH-OH-WEE-AH...</span>

#375597 11/09/08 07:01 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
Tuesday night? I guess Ex is busy setting things up for Survivor season 2...

#375598 11/09/08 07:07 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Floating Foxlike Creature:

In the end, my vote is based on loyalty and trust.

OK, I've cast my vote. To the person who's voted off, I'm sorry.
That's Funny.
You don't have to apologize to me. I already admitted I screwed myself.

#375599 11/11/08 07:29 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Floating Foxlike Creature... Lard Lad... for the final time, please make your way to the Tribal Council area.

[Linked Image]

We'll now bring in the members of our jury: dedman... Quislet, Esq... Lone Wolf Legionnaire... Lance... Gamara... Novelty... and Davey Fairplay... voted out at the last Tribal Council.

[Linked Image]

Welcome to your last Tribal Council. Congratulations on outlasting 10 other people in this game.

Tonight the powers shifts... from your side of the Tribal Council... to the jury. Based on what they've seen throughout the game, and what they hear tonight, the jury will make the final decision as to which of the two of you walk away with your own copy... of Adventure 247.

The way this will work is as follows,

- Lard Lad and Floating Foxlike Creature, I'd like you each to make one opening statement. It may be as long or as short as you like and make take what ever format you like.

- After each of you has had a chance to speak your mind, each member of the jury will then go ahead and post their statements. Jury members, you may ask questions... make statements... say anything you like to the two Survivors... this is your chance to clear the air and your forum to speak.

- In the interest of fairness, I'd like Lardy and Foxy to listen to all seven statements before responding. Obviously, for logistical reasons, this may take two nights as not all jury members may be on tonight, but after all seven are made, then the forum passes back to the two of you for rebuttal, clarification, and closing statements.

- Jury members... you may wait until you have heard everything before casting your votes via secret PM to Exnihil (or if your mind cannot be swayed, you may do so immediately after making your statement) but you may alter your vote at any time prior to the final tally if something you've heard has influenced you. Remember, this time you are voting for someone to win the prize, not against someone.

- After all votes are received, I will say, "I'll go tally the votes," at which point all votes are locked in and the winner will be determined.

Lardy... Foxy... You have the floor...

#375600 11/11/08 08:04 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<rises>

Good evening, gentlemen.

I won't lie...it feels pretty good to be seating over here with Foxy and not over there with you in the jury area.

I don't, however, envy the decision you have to make. You see, Foxy and I were in this game to win it from its very earliest moments! He contacted me, and we made a pact to stick together, above all else, as far as it would take us. And through a series of painstakingly considered moves--here we are: the Final Two!

Honestly, I'm not sure how you will be able to differentiate myself from him and choose whom to cast your vote for, but I hope you will ask questions that will both challenge us and help you decide which is more worthy of the grand prize.

All I can say, for myself, is I gave this game everything I had and was always in it to win it. I had some painstaking decisions to make in the process and certainly regret several moves insofar as they may have hurt those whom they were made against.

But I went all out in this game...and the truth is I wouldn't have done anything differently if I had to do this over again.

I respect you all as players, and I'll answer any questions you may have as truthfully as possible.

Thank you.

<sits down>

#375601 11/11/08 09:51 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Gentlemen of the jury,

My strategy in this game has been guided by an alliance I made within the first hour after the teams were announced. I knew Lardlad as a friendly acquaintance from the message boards over the years, so I asked him to be in an alliance with me. As the game progressed, I came to realize that Lardy had put his complete trust in me and was going to be loyal to me 100%, no matter what. I was determined to give him no less than my complete loyalty and trust as well. With that in mind, many of my decisions in the game were focused on the goal of having both Lardy and me in the finals -- even if what I did might potentially jeopardize my own chances of winning by doing so. (With this alliance out in the open, you'll see that the interaction between Lardy and me at the end of the final immunity challenge was solely to create a little drama for the "viewing audience" of Legion World, and simulate a "real" final 3 challenge on TV.)

Even though Lardy and I worked together and consulted each other often, I'm sure we have differing perceptions and recollections of events and circumstances in the game, due to the fact that we were on different tribes at one point, and closer with different people throughout the game. The following is my own view of the game.

I suggested early on to Lardy that we should expand our alliance, for greater strength in numbers. We thought that Sketch Lad and Novelty might have already been in an alliance, so it made sense to us to approach the other members of the tribe. Davey took us up on the offer. I also asked Gamara whether he would be interested in an alliance, but he declined. He and I did stay in touch throughout the game, however, and shared ideas periodically.

Once Lardy and I realized that our alliance was capped at 3 people, the idea of what might happen at the end of the game occurred to us. We didn't know whether there was going to be a final 2 or a final 3, but we thought there probably would be a final 3, because the more recent seasons of the TV show have tended to trend that way. If there was in fact a final 3, it was always Lardy's and my intention that Lardy, Davey, and I would be there together. However, if there was a final 2, then at the point we approached the last 3 people, my loyalty would be to Lardy, and his to me, due to our prior 2-person agreement.

The swap threw a wrench into things. When I was separated from Lardy and Davey during that time, our communication really diminished -- I don't think Davey and I PMed each other at all during that time. Meanwhile, I really enjoyed working with Lone Wolf and Lance, and getting to know Novelty, as he and I hadn't had the chance to interact much on the original St'balla team. I felt that all 4 of us bonded by sharing the experience of winning a couple of tough challenges in a row, and really working well as a team. Our morale was high going into the merge.

When the merge occurred, I was faced with a difficult decision. Although I was unwilling to turn on my alliance with Lardy and Davey, I also wanted to be open-minded and give honest consideration to all possibilities. When Lone Wolf and Lance asked Novelty and me to be in a final 4 alliance together, I said I was interested -- which I was, because I wanted to hear what they had to say about working together generally, even if I knew that I could not agree to the specific final 4 configuration that Lone Wolf initially suggested (because it would mean voting off Lardy and Davey before the final 4). Instead, I wanted to see who Lone Wolf and Lance wanted to vote off -- and I also wanted to get input from Novelty and Gamara -- to see if it would be possible to work with both my old tribemates and my new tribemates to move forward together, in a way that allowed me to honor the agreements I had already made.

Unfortunately, I quickly realized that it would not have been possible to proceed that way. What ultimately tipped the scales at that point was a simple fact: I wasn't willing to vote for Davey and stab him in the back. If Lone Wolf and Lance had suggested someone else, I would have considered it seriously -- but I felt that they were set on voting out Davey.

At that point, I was worried that if I suggested any other approach to anybody, my loyalty to everyone would be questioned, and that I would be the one voted off for being a dangerous swing voter. (Even if Lardy never cast a vote for me, I was still vulnerable to being voted off for much of the game if enough other people banded against me. And if I was voted out relatively early on with Lardy not being on board with the majority, then he would be at risk in the next tribal council.)

My response to Lone Wolf and Lance, ultimately, was the accurate but noncommittal observation that, even if I did throw in with them, the numbers just weren't there. Because I was one of the last ones to vote, I'd already learned that Davey, Lardy, Gamara, and Novelty had all voted for Lone Wolf. (At the time, I was not aware of the true nature of the Duralim wand -- the fact that it allowed one vote to be added to Davey while also taking his vote for Lone Wolf away. With my erroneous knowledge of the Duralim wand, I did believe that my vote would not have made a difference.)

Because I realized that it would be impossible not to vote off people I liked, and whose gameplay I respected, I based my votes purely on strategy. I often had to vote off someone because it made the most sense strategically, even if subjectively I would have preferred that he stay in the game.

Throughout the game, I had to give misleading -- if not technically untruthful answers -- on a number of occasions to a number of people. Even though I avoided making specific, concrete promises that I knew couldn't keep, I did make vague and noncommittal, but optimistic and suggestive, statements such as "Yes, we've been working together well for a while now," and "I agree, ____ is a strong competitor, and will go far if he isn't voted off." My reason for doing so was to avoid being seen as an undecided or swing voter, and being targeted myself. Because I knew that players could theoretically change their votes up until the last vote was cast and Ex officially closed the voting, I was always very cautious with what I said throughout the tribal council period, even if I had a pretty good idea who was going to be voted out. Likewise, because for a while members of the jury were still in communication with players in the game, I remained guarded even with what I said to jury members. What I said, and the way I said it, was largely due to my feeling of vulnerability throughout much of the game -- because I was acutely aware of being perceived to be caught between so many different groups. It was never my intention to deliberately instill false hope in anyone purely for the sake of being malicious. If anyone felt that way, I apologize.

I did make one overt misstatement to Davey toward the end of the game, when I told him that I would take him to the final 2 if I won the final challenge. I felt crappy doing it, but at the time I also felt that I didn't have much of a choice. I knew that the challenge involved endurance, and that Lardy had to get up at 5:00 the next day for work (so those particular statements on the thread were true). Although I was willing to literally stay up all night if need be and then just sleep the rest of the following day, I knew Lardy didn't have that luxury. I also knew that Lardy would probably try to stay in the challenge for my sake, since he didn't want to leave me alone to battle it out. Knowing that Lardy had already made assurances to Davey that the 2 of them would be final 2 together, I thought that Davey might not try as hard, and might quit early, if he thought he would also be safe if I won too. I was thus hoping that Davey would quit early -- not just for my sake, but for Lardy's. It is to Davey's great credit, and his own loyalty to Lardy, that rather than withholding my PM offer of final 2 from Lardy, he told him about it upfront. Although I was happy to have won, the victory was shadowed by my regret over the fact that I gave Davey a false assurance -- even though it ultimately had no effect on the outcome of the challenge.

When I said in the last tribal council that my vote was based on "loyalty and trust" -- I didn't mean that I wasn't loyal to Davey. I had been loyal to him throughout the entire game, up until we approached the end, when my final-2 agreement with Lardy started to come into effect. When it was just the 3 of us left, I had to be more loyal to Lardy, and place more trust in him -- so that's who my comment referred to. Lardy and I made the first agreement in the game, and of all the players in the game, Lardy never withheld anything from me.

At the end, I knew Lardy had always placed his full trust in me, and I could do no less for him. And, over the course of the game, he went from being a friendly message board acquaintance to someone I truly viewed as a friend. So, I'm happy to have the opportunity to be here in the final 2 sitting next to him, just as we both had hoped and planned from day 1, hour 1. We intended to play hard, to play strategically, and to make it all the way to the end together.

I hope you'll read my closing statement before making your final decision, as I'll discuss what I feel are my own strengths. Overall, I believe I've been a stronger competitor than Lardy in the challenges, have always given this game 110%, and ultimately had a harder road to reach this point than Lardy did, because I had to walk much more of a tightrope in balancing different people's expectations of me.

Anyway, I've probably already answered many questions, but I'm happy to answer any others you might have, so... shoot! (Not literally, please. smile )

#375602 11/11/08 10:07 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
OK, my vote is up for grabs. The player who can most creatively ask for my vote (in a way that tickles my fancy) gets it. Will it be in song? or a limerick (dare I hope)? Maybe a nice drawing?

I do expect something from both of you.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#375603 11/11/08 10:29 PM
Active
Active
Davey Fairplay was a joke, a bit of irony. I know this game is about screwing people, and that's one of the big reasons I DIDN'T sign up until after Ex PM'ed me and asked me to play.

My wife has consistently told me over the years that I'm too much of a Boy Scout. Too worried about doing the right thing. About treating people fairly. She's right I guess, because you guys sure played me.

Y'know, Lardy, the way I remember it, I approached you. And, you're wrong, Foxy. We did PM each other once while you were in the other tribe. I PM'ed you to find out if you were still interested in keeping alive the partnership if we all got back together. See, I'm a sap.

At this point, I don't give a crap which of you win, and if there were a way to not vote, I would. But there isn't, and I'm STILL a Boy Scout, so I'll stand by the one guy I thought I could trust, despite all the times he evidently lied to me. I do it, because I made a deal, even if he didn't.

#375604 11/11/08 10:49 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
Fox, I appreciate your disclosure. I was actually going to vote for you - until your statement. I feel you mislead me and Lone Wolf. Now, I will likely cast my vote for Lardy, simply because he never mislead me, unless you can convince me otherwise.

I am agreeing with Davy here - if there was a way to vote for neither of you, I would take it.

#375605 11/12/08 07:26 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I agree, it appears that Foxy was a tiny bit more, well, foxy in his play. He was willing to do what it took to get to the final 2. While that is sometimes a necessity in a situation like this, and may even be viewed as being a clever, strong player who will do what it takes to come out on top, I still prefer to vote in favor of someone who managed to get here without playing dirty at all. Sorry Foxy, but it looks like Lardy will get my vote as well.

"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck
#375606 11/12/08 08:12 AM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
my question is this....

who else in the game game do you feel deserved a spot in the top two, and why?

#375607 11/12/08 02:37 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
I have a question: do either of the finalists already own a copy of Adventure #247?

#375608 11/12/08 08:14 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
A lot of good points being raised here tonight... this should be a very interesting vote.

Just waiting on a couple more jury statements (from Lone Wolf and Novelty) and then we'll turn the floor back to our two finalists for their closing statements.

Page 39 of 43 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Chemical King
Chemical King
Bamberg, Germany
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star