Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 05:19 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 04:22 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 03:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Postboot Legion Dangler List
#17388 08/04/03 09:33 AM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
For anyone who doesn't know: Any plot which was started, then dropped without resolution is a "dangler"

And I'm interested in seeing just how many danglers the post-ZH Legion actually has, so post away (perhaps, once most of the danglers have been added, this could be copied to the Encyclopedia Galactica section)

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Re: Postboot Legion Dangler List
#17389 08/04/03 09:46 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Most of the danglers that immediately come to mind these days are open-ended concepts/events during DnA's run:

Where and what is the Omega Point?
What happened to COMPUTO?
Where is Andromeda?
What plans (if any) does Lightning Lord have?
What object is/was the Fatal Five looking for?
Whatever happened to Spider-Girl and Evolvo?
When (if ever) will Kinetix return to normal?
Whatever happened to the Uncanny Amazers, specifically Konk and Phrenologax (the bald guy)?
Will Thunder fulfill her promise and return to the 31st century one day?
Whatever happened to Tenzil Kem and Marla Latham?
Whatever happened to Lori?

Of course, there are a few danglers from the Stern/McCraw/Peyer days that come to mind:

The current status of Dirk Morgna.
What were the plans for the Heroes of Lallor?
What were the plans for the Substitute Heroes?
The identity and location of Tinya's third body.
What are the secrets of Brande's telepathic powers and Martian fascination?

#17390 08/04/03 10:14 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Ra's Al Ghul. Twiddling his thumbs in a jail cell on Legion World, or quietly hatching another dastardly plan?

#17391 08/04/03 10:34 AM
Leader
Leader
What Future said... plus, of course, who is "C"?

The one that most needs resolving, in my mind, is Tinya's third body, if it exists. As a half breed she might have only been able to split into two , but we don't know that and assume Captain Frake is still out there somewhere.

#17392 08/04/03 10:38 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Future:
Whatever happened to the Uncanny Amazers, specifically Konk and Phrenologax (the bald guy)?
Two minor quibbles:

1. Konk's name is correctly spelt with an exclamation point, as in Konk!

2. Since I cannot pronounce Phrenologax, ("ghesutite" lol ) his name was changed to Super-Phrenology Lad

#17393 08/04/03 10:57 AM
Active
Active
I thought the fate of some of the Amazers, along with Particon and Radiation Roy, was handled in an issue of Starman. Weren't they absorbed by some super-cloud creature or something. I never got that issue but I read something about it in the Legion help file.

Bring Back Tellus :tellus:
#17394 08/04/03 11:24 AM
Active
Active
Here's one for you -

What about XS's "cosmic" destiny that the Time Trapper referred to back in that Dead Earth Annual? Still waiting to see where that one goes.

#17395 08/04/03 11:25 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Originally posted by Caleb:
I thought the fate of some of the Amazers, along with Particon and Radiation Roy, was handled in an issue of Starman. Weren't they absorbed by some super-cloud creature or something. I never got that issue but I read something about it in the Legion help file.
While Paritcon and Radion were seen as part of the Blighted in Legion of the Damned (I think LSH #123), I understand where the confusion comes from. For some reason Atom'X was being called Radion in the Legends of the Legion mini, and I think the name accidentally stuck in Starman #50 when Star Boy and the Amazers were used, despite Atom'X's death.

Good point though on that being where Konk! and the others may have gone, since Atmos and Insect Queen were seen as surviving that 'black mass' incident in Starman and have been the only Amazers to appear since. Then again, I seem to remember seeing some of the Amazers, specifically Atmos, Insect Queen, and the Bald Guy, in the background of Legionnaires #81, when Star Boy and Dreamer were leaving with them for Xanthu. I don't know if that's artist oversight or if all four of the remaining Amazers are supposed to be alive, but just haven't shown up yet. Maybe some of them were the casualties mentioned by Star Boy in Legion Worlds #4? Oy, who knew Amazers could be this confusing? :rolleyes:

It would be nice for DnA to include a final fate for the four remaining Amazers, both to confirm who's alive and to see what Insect Queen and Atmos will do with their lives. It would be cool to see them as the guardians of what remains of Xanthu as it blossoms back to a cultivated, habitable planet, but I also wouldn't mind seeing them become two more in the army of Xanthian Legionnaires! wink

I echo Portfolio Boy though, first and foremost we need to find that third Tinya body!
PhantomGirl PhantomGirl PhantomGirl
It's just been too long of a dangling plot and it would be fun to revisit the Captain Frake concept with Tinya #3 as the good captain.

#17396 08/04/03 11:26 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Can't think of any more real danglers - but there's a few that haven't been resolved to my satisfaction:

- Some of the Legionnaires know M'onel is Valor and some don't - this has come up a few times with Triad. Will it just simmer on the plot backburner or be dealt with?

- the Paragon of Mercy, although that may be settled, along with Credo/Singularity in the expedition to Kwai universe that RJ and a team are supposed to undertake.

- retribution or punishment for the Footstep Drive research/program - that just seems to have been swept away like so much outdated technology. Certainly Ra's al Ghul/McCauley wasn't the only one aware of it, so where are the prosecutions?

And finally, one plot that ain't no dangler but should be put out of its misery: Jo/Tinya/Imra/Yawn!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#17397 08/04/03 11:28 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Since I cannot pronounce Phrenologax, ("ghesutite" lol ) his name was changed to Super-Phrenology Lad
Haha. Super-Phrenology Lad works for me! We need more 'lad' names anyway. lol

#17398 08/04/03 11:47 AM
Deputy
Deputy
There were dasterdly plans afoot for Koko at one point, I believe. This is a story I could do without because it smacks of major shark-jumpism.

What about Kono? She's out there dangling somewheres tain't she?

Did anybody mention Star Boy's mysterious power up(I know it was space whale meat, but I don't think he ever figured it out), to completly igoring them, then straight to the faltering powers?

Something Filthy!
#17399 08/04/03 11:48 AM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
The identity and location of Tinya's third body.
Just a check - Apparation is Tinya-Neutral, and Phase was Tinya-"Purple", weren't they? Which means its the "orange" body that's still gone.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#17400 08/04/03 12:08 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Unlike Triad, whose separate personalities make her unique among Carggites, Apparition seems to have no fundamental personality distinctions among her seperate bodies, so no "purple", "neutral", "orange" for her.

#17401 08/04/03 12:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cub,

Vi not shrinking

Where did Validus get those shoes and what would the Queer Eye'd guys do for him?

Sharn Nux and the end of time thing.

#17402 08/04/03 12:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
After being a big part of the "Legion World" issue, I'm wondering if we'll be seeing Magno again -- I think Rokk kinda promised him he'd get back to him if things worked out.

#17403 08/04/03 06:51 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
After being a big part of the "Legion World" issue, I'm wondering if we'll be seeing Magno again -- I think Rokk kinda promised him he'd get back to him if things worked out.
I'd like to see Magno return. When he first lost his powers, I had thought that a quest for new ones might have led him to an alchemist.

How conflicted with fans have been if a character they liked (Magno) became the reboot version of on they didn't (Nemesis Kid)?

Every time there's a "One of Us is a Traitor!" storyline, half the readers whould be screaming it's him, and half shouting "No way!"

#17404 08/04/03 07:37 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Another thing - was the fact that Rokk was technically a fugitive after the Braal LW issue ever resolved?

#17405 08/04/03 08:34 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
The whole "Legion Subterfuge Squad" notion seemed to be abandoned rather hastily when the new series began. I would like to have seen them operate as a separate entity for awhile longer before reuniting with the Lost Legionnaires.

#17406 08/05/03 12:28 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
We haven't seen Timberwolf's origin yet. It would be nice to know where his powers came from.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#17407 12/15/12 12:51 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Caleb:
While Paritcon and Radion were seen as part of the Blighted in Legion of the Damned (I think LSH #123), I understand where the confusion comes from. For some reason Atom'X was being called Radion in the Legends of the Legion mini, and I think the name accidentally stuck in Starman #50 when Star Boy and the Amazers were used, despite Atom'X's death.

Good point though on that being where Konk! and the others may have gone, since Atmos and Insect Queen were seen as surviving that 'black mass' incident in Starman and have been the only Amazers to appear since. Then again, I seem to remember seeing some of the Amazers, specifically Atmos, Insect Queen, and the Bald Guy, in the background of Legionnaires #81, when Star Boy and Dreamer were leaving with them for Xanthu. I don't know if that's artist oversight or if all four of the remaining Amazers are supposed to be alive, but just haven't shown up yet. Maybe some of them were the casualties mentioned by Star Boy in Legion Worlds #4? Oy, who knew Amazers could be this confusing? :rolleyes:
I always assumed that Radion & Particon headed to Xanthu with the Amazers after McCauley abandoned them post-Mordru, and they ultimately joined up.

And, yeah, those two plus Konk & Phrenologax were probably casualties of Robotica. The war went on for months before the last few million Xanthians escaped.

Reboot #762301 01/24/13 04:40 PM
Active
Active
What are the secrets of Brande's telepathic powers and Martian fascination?

Answer: he was supposed to be the Martian Manhunter.

Who's C?
Answer: Condo the reporter who interviewed LYle. Reboot Lyle was supposed to be gay.

Bring back the super-cousins
Reboot #786986 09/09/13 02:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Reboot
Another thing - was the fact that Rokk was technically a fugitive after the Braal LW issue ever resolved?

Not explicitly.

The whole Star-Boy-powers-malfunctioning thing was only impicitly resolved, though you (Reboot) did clear it up in another thread by tying it into Starman 50. We know Thom would eventually travel to the 20th century, spend time there, and return to the 30th just in time to die.

At the end of the series, Wildfire was also dying a slow death as his energy body had been drained to the point he'd eventually exhaust himself if he kept using his powers.

It also wasn't clear if Dr. Gym'll really did die during Gail Simone's story. It was implied, but who knows if he'd managed to hang on long enough for tech to come back and someone to heal him?

Invisible Brainiac #786999 09/09/13 10:26 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
It also wasn't clear if Dr. Gym'll really did die during Gail Simone's story. It was implied, but who knows if he'd managed to hang on long enough for tech to come back and someone to heal him?

Death, and future medicine, has always felt a little weird to me, in the Legionverse. We've already revived people who have been 'dead' for 30 minutes. There's no reason why, a *hundred* years from now, it wouldn't be deemed easier to just download the memories from a recently dead person and grow them a new body later. (Indeed, that could have made some sense of the scenes where Imra was running around using telepathy on falling rocks when Titan was blowing up, if, instead of trying to think hard enough to stop stone pillars from falling and crushing people, she was *downloading their brains, for later revival in new bodies!*)

Assuming one didn't have a brain-downloading gizmo handy, or telepathy, the grisly option of just whacking their head off and carrying it to the nearest hospital would allow the memories to be extracted, so long as the brain itself hasn't been splattered. (The head might even be able to be revived, and a new body grown for it! It's not like a body is terribly important to keep a brain alive, if you've got machines that can keep it supplied with nutrients and oxygen...)

And yet, people in the Legion future sometimes die from getting shot or stabbed or falling or whatever, and I think 'We could probably save that person with *today's* medical technology...'

Comics already have a huge suspension of disbelief thing going on, but I sometimes feel that the Legion being 1000 years in the future has been something that not only hasn't been really explored, but probably *can't* be explored, without making the setting so alien and incomprehensible as to put off the readers. (Even the Hypernaturals book kept things pretty recognizable for a book that at least peeked at a transhumanist future.)

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Reboot #787000 09/09/13 10:32 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
In the Postboot, Garth could have gotten a new arm IF he'd agreed to give up his lightning powers. The only thing stopping him was his desire to keep the lightning and keep serving the Legion.

Retroboot Polar Boy, and Superboy's Legion Cosmic Boy, also both had arms regrown.

It seems the main requirement for doing this is the availability of cells to use in the cloning process.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 09/13/13 03:26 AM.
Set #787006 09/09/13 11:07 AM
And then there was steak!
And then there was steak!
Originally Posted by Set

Death, and future medicine, has always felt a little weird to me, in the Legionverse.

(Even the Hypernaturals book kept things pretty recognizable for a book that at least peeked at a transhumanist future.)

I've often felt the same way about death in the Legionverse, which is why I felt like one of the few things the Threeboot did right was to finally get PAST it. A thousand years from now, what would be so unbelievable about storing someone's personality as data and then inputting it into a clone body? That seems perfectly reasonable to me!

If Star Trek can bring someone back to life, the Legion can too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,196
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LegionFan223
LegionFan223
Orando