Roll Call
0 members (), 47 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Green Arrow/Black Canary
#480442 09/23/07 05:45 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
OMG, there's going to be a series! I didn't know this... please tell me the artist will be Amnda Connor, like it was on the GA/BC Wedding Special.

Speaking of said special, I **RILLLLY** enjoyed it, it was quite hilarious and had a KILLER shock ending, leadng into the ongoing.

As Silver Age fan who grew up in the 70s, it may surprise you to find I didn't mind Black Canary and Green Arrow NOT being a couple. In particular, I felt it helped Dinah make the leap to stardom she always seemed not quit able to make.

So the special was awesome, and I'm totally looking forward to the ongoing. Anyone else?

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
Re: Green Arrow/Black Canary
#480443 09/23/07 05:48 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Y'know, it's really not that hard to check m'boyo: http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=8114

Originally posted by MLLASH:
I'm totally looking forward to the ongoing. Anyone else?
No.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#480444 09/23/07 07:59 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I am.

I liked the special, too, but I wasn't so crazy about the art. I think a more serious style might have worked better with that script. That said, the cover is one of my favourite pictures ever. smile

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#480445 09/24/07 11:31 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Conner has said she's not quite a monthly artist. But she does some great work, and she'd be a fit for this book. Maybe get someone else to draw 3 issues a year, or rotate like they did with the GL series.

Just spouting off.
#480446 09/24/07 11:37 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm looking forward to it, but with reservations. I'm not really into that the married the two of them. I liked that they had flings with other people over the years.

I liked the special, but like I said, some of it was a little too cheesy for me. The strip club scene a little, but actually, the fight more than anything. But Amanda's art was just plain awesome. Dinah looked super-hot (I'm sure the men looked good too) and Amanda does such a cool job with facial expressions.

I'm only worried about Winnick writing a married Dinah and Ollie. I want more 'busting up drug dealers' than I do 'no, you take out the trash!'.

#480447 09/24/07 08:33 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
If Winick is writing it, I won't read it. Why did they have Tony Bedard do only the Black Canary mini-series? I think he understands these characters a lot better than Winick.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#480448 09/24/07 08:36 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
There's an interview with Winick up. I was wondering why Ollie's not on the cover for issue one. Looks like you won't have to put up with "taking out the trash" moments for awhile, Cobie.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#480449 09/25/07 12:29 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I might pick it up, since

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">it's Connor and not Ollie. I've never been much of an Ollie fan.</span></span>

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#480450 09/26/07 07:26 AM
Leader
Leader
Very much agreed on that Cru.

I really liked the special, mostly for the art (Connor draws very sexy men and women and manages to show emotion really well even in her slighlty more cartoony style. I especially loved PG with the hottie under her arm during the hen night). Admittedly then ending was a little silly since <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Dinah is one of the top martial artists of the DCU *and* has here Canary Cry so there were any number of ways she could have incapactitated Ollie without killing him even if she had been drinking or something</span></span> but I can live with it. Hopefully it'll get fully explained right off the bat though (which seems to be the case from that interview).

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#480451 09/26/07 08:48 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I haven't read the story yet. Why did

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Dinah have to kill Ollie?</span></span>

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#480452 09/26/07 11:51 AM
Active
Active
Editorial Fiat, is my guess. I think we'll find that:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Ollie is not dead.</span></span>

Truth be told, I'm not really interested in them sharing a title. I'd rather read about one or the other in their own book with the other as a supporting character. And with Winnick involved, my interest drops that much more.

Jamie

#480453 09/27/07 03:40 AM
Leader
Leader
Well originally it was meant to be Dinah not Ollie, according to the interview. Whether that's true or not I don't know but either way I suspect you're right in that it was an editorial thing. I also suspect you're right about Ollie and his situation.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#480454 09/27/07 06:29 AM
Active
Active
Truth be told, I'm not really interested in them sharing a title. I'd rather read about one or the other in their own book with the other as a supporting character. And with Winnick involved, my interest drops that much more.
ditto, and i:m a big fan of both

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#480455 09/27/07 12:13 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Well I was a Connor Hawke fan. I'm glad they didn't kill him off. Sure Ollie is an icon but does he sell comics? When he gets a star writer or artist he does. Get star creative teams on legacy characters and they will sell well also.

I'm glad Connor is going to get the limelight again.

#480456 09/27/07 01:45 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I liked both GA characters. I'm glad to see Connor getting some more air time. And Dinah's recent reinvigoration (credit where credit is due- Thanks Gail Simone!) has earned her a title. With fans of both characters, this should guarantee a success.

Just spouting off.
#480457 09/27/07 02:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Can't believe they wanted to off Black Canary? I like her more than any Green Arrow!

#480458 10/10/07 06:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
*****SPOILERS for #1*******
-- Nice to see that they settled the whole "is he dead or not" thing in the first issue. It was no surprise that it was an imposter on the wedding night, but I was surprised that it was Everyman. (anybody know if this effects "Infinity Inc" at all?) Also suprising to see that it was the Amazons who were responsible.
-- Good to see Batman exhibit some detective work, but of course it still reinforces his modern near-omniniscient persona.
-- As a big Green Lantern fan, it was good to see that he was treated as Ollie's best friend here and that there was an explanation why his ring could've been fooled. I also liked the acknowledgement that Hal had brought Ollie back from the dead the last time.
-- Missed opportunity though with Dr.Mid-Nite since he and Dinah had dated. I would've liked to have seen a personal moment between the two.
-- The main reason I bought this was for the GL appearance (I flipped through the book at the store to find out what happened to Ollie). I might pick up #2 to see where it goes, but I'm on the fence. I like the clean art style, but it seems ... just a bit off from first rate.

#480459 10/10/07 08:50 PM
I'm greatly relieved to know that Ollie is alive.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#480460 10/11/07 01:54 PM
Active
Active
So am I. Which leads me to the question(s): When did the change occur, and who the **** is Everyman???

Why are there so many characters in the DC Multiverse I never heard about although reading since my childhood days???

#480461 10/11/07 02:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Everyman was one of Luthor's Everyman candidates from '52'. I'm guessing the switch was made sometime during the wedding brawl.

Good to see Ollie alive, better to see Connor getting some spotlight.

Just spouting off.
#480462 10/11/07 02:53 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
I really enjoyed this issue. I was never on the fence, since Conner is my favorite Green Arrow (always has been) and I ****ing love Dinah! So much. So much.

That said, I wasn't holding my breath for Winick to deliver. Sometimes I love his stuff (Exiles, parts of Outsiders, parts of Green Arrow), sometimes I hate his stuff (other parts of Outsiders and Green Arrow, Batman). But, man. I loved it.

I loved the characters across the DCU that appeared to help/offer support. I loved Batman (I just love him and Dinah-- she's so... good for him). I loved that Pieter was there to help even though he and Dinah used to kinda.. whatever. I loved Mia and Roy. And even Hal, reacting as a best friend would.

And, personally, I absolutely adored the art. I thought it was clean and the expressions were great. It kind of reminded me of the art on New Frontier, actually, though I'm not 100% sure why. I felt like it made for dynamic storytelling, and I actually looked back at the cover to see who it was halfway through because I was so impressed. (Naturally, I didn't recognize the name but still.)

The ending though, heh. That just made me smile. I dunno why, but it did. How badly am I hoping Shiva is one of Athena's converts like Harley and Holly? Or Cheshire? You don't even wanna know.. wink

OH! And thank God someone finally killed that #*@%!(#$^@*#($*#%^ Everyman. God. I hated him. He was just so... and then he kept popping up everywhere. Jeysus, where are the other DCU evil shapeshifters?! There must be some! The MU has, like, half a dozen! Take some of theirs! Jeez. So glad to be rid of him.

#480463 10/11/07 03:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Everyman was one of Luthor's Everyman candidates from '52'. I'm guessing the switch was made sometime during the wedding brawl.
I don't think so. The brawl interrupted the wedding but the guy in the cage mentions his "wife" so it's more likely the wedding took place off-panel and the switch happened after that, but before the wedding night.

Originally posted by Caliente:
OH! And thank God someone finally killed that #*@%!(#$^@*#($*#%^ Everyman. God. I hated him. He was just so... and then he kept popping up everywhere. Jeysus, where are the other DCU evil shapeshifters?! There must be some! The MU has, like, half a dozen! Take some of theirs! Jeez. So glad to be rid of him.
Where else had Every(where)man been popping up? Marvel's currently overrun with evil shape-shifters, what with the Skrulls invading. Maybe DC should have the Durlans invade to explain away all the other recent DC deaths.

#480464 10/11/07 05:14 PM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Where else had Every(where)man been popping up?
I know he impersonated Blue Beetle in Manhunter. Two appearances might not sound like a lot, but it hasn't been that long since 52 ended.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#480465 10/11/07 09:35 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Where else had Every(where)man been popping up?
I know he impersonated Blue Beetle in Manhunter. Two appearances might not sound like a lot, but it hasn't been that long since 52 ended.
He also popped up in Wonder Woman v3/Amazons Attack impersonating Sargent Steel as part of a partnership with Circe. And then with him as GA it just felt like overexposure to me.

I do hope that it'll tie in well with the Amazons, though. Since he was on their side (or Circe's, anyway) in the war and all.

#480466 10/16/07 09:26 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Wow, I just read it and I liked it! Kind of suprised who is behind it all. I didn't think anything of it at first.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Neemers
Neemers
Oregon
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star