Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30
Re: Official '52' Discussion Thread ... SPOILERS!
#489504 12/21/06 12:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Can some one name the others in that back page panel. I know Capt Boomerang and Count Vertigo but the others?

Like Vee I thought It sure as heck looks like <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The pursuader, but I thought the atomic axe was a world war 4 thing? </span></span>

But if it is how can he be here and <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">a legion villain in the 31st century? </span></span>

Faithfull
#489505 12/21/06 01:24 PM
Reservist
Reservist
I think the two seated are Plastique (nemesis/lover of Captain Atom) and the Electrocutioner (not sure where he first popped up). Both are featured in the initial JLA storyline going on now.

#489506 12/21/06 10:11 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Can some one name the others in that back page panel. I know Capt Boomerang and Count Vertigo but the others?

Like Vee I thought It sure as heck looks like <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The pursuader, but I thought the atomic axe was a world war 4 thing? </span></span>

But if it is how can he be here and <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">a legion villain in the 31st century? </span></span>
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">There was a "present day' Persuader introduced back around Adventures of Superman#600; he started off as a disgrunted worker who tried to kill Perry White. He was inspired by video footage beamed to Earth of the hologram Persuader sent after Superman by Brainiac 13 in "Our Worlds At War"

He later got some kind of "magic" copy of the Atomic Ax from some creepy dude he met in prison.</span></span>

"I will drill a hole through my head. You cannot stop me."
#489507 12/22/06 07:38 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Koymc Dox:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
[b] Can some one name the others in that back page panel. I know Capt Boomerang and Count Vertigo but the others?

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">There was a "present day' Persuader introduced back around Adventures of Superman#600; he started off as a disgrunted worker who tried to kill Perry White. He was inspired by video footage beamed to Earth of the hologram Persuader sent after Superman by Brainiac 13 in "Our Worlds At War"

He later got some kind of "magic" copy of the Atomic Ax from some creepy dude he met in prison.</span></span> [/b]
Thanks Dox. Seems a pretty weak storyline to me. :rolleyes:

Faithfull
#489508 12/22/06 11:20 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Vee:
Oh, and by the way, if anyone had any doubts about Luthor I'm hear to declare once and for all...he is slime!
I think the only one who really needed convincing was Brian Azarello.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#489509 12/22/06 01:28 PM
Active
Active
Hunt is correct. That is Plastique and Electrocutioner, i.e., The Bomb Squad.

The last few issues have really got me interested again. Pretty strong recent issues.

And anyone else notice that this thread seems to be pacing this series in pages? Weird.

Jamie

#489510 12/22/06 05:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Looks like we get a Legion tie-in (sort of) next week. Preview page at Newsarama .

#489511 12/28/06 07:36 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Really good read!

Spoilers for this week...um, is that really the end of the Persuader? Who is he? Is that the Atomic Axe? That has me the most intrigued this week.

Also, what sinister thing has Lex done as the cliffhanger?

Is the Black Adam Family done for as good guys? I really want Isis to stay around but I sincerely have my doubts. Osiris as SB Prime? Darnit! I like him too.

So many questions to be answered. Lovin' the series and wish it would never end.

#489512 12/29/06 05:24 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Now here a strange little hint about the Legion.

Newsarama article, regarding booster, time travel and legion

Scroll right down to question 47

Faithfull
#489513 12/29/06 02:28 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Some interesting things from the latest newsarama interview:

First
36) What hatched from the cocoon in Sivanna's lab? And what connection does it have to Black Adam?

MS: Don’t know if anything actually hatched or survived...though something in that lab may have a direct, powerful and disturbing connection to Black Adam.

Second
45) So I'm looking over week twelve again and I notice something weird. There is a scene when Black Adam and Adrianna visit the Rock of Eternity to find a crazy Captain Marvel. In the splash of the Seven Deadly Sins Statues, "Greed's" face has been destroyed. A few panels later Captain Marvel, who can "hear" the whispering chatter of the Sins tells us that he has crushed "Greed's" face for some offense and "it will take forever to grow back." Remember?

MS: Sure!

45a) All right, this is where it gets weird, later in the same issue when Black Adam is offering the Amulet of Isis there is a panel after Adam says "I need your help. I need someone at my side." The next panel the fire in the cauldron kicks up and in the back ground "Greed's" face is healed and undamaged.

Huh?

Does this mean Adrianna has greed in her heart?

MS: It might mean that someone there isn't quite as pure as you've been led to believe. Or it might be that the artist made a mistake. Or perhaps it's neither...or both...

Could it be that Mr. Mind is inhabiting Black Adam…or even more, Adrianna?

Also
18) Was Skeets evil before Magnus worked on him in issue #2?

MS: Nope. Magnus clicked the switch from "good" to "evil" -- just like that Krusty the Clown doll.

If that was a serious answer, that’s a pretty interesting bit that I missed!

#489514 12/31/06 03:19 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
New Supernova theory: Ray Palmer?? Instead of teleporting stuff, he's actually shrinking them? And flying by way of mass manipulation? And the glow could be the same tech that the current Atom is using on his belt...

I am heartened by the fact that they didn't absolutely confirm that we saw the Question's "last moments" as the cover scrawl indicated. Ugh ... another long week of not knowing... (fingers crossed...)

#489515 01/02/07 10:34 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I wonder if the Question dies if he will somehow become the new Dr. Fate? I hope not. I like the Question as the Question.

#489516 01/02/07 12:18 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
New Supernova theory: Ray Palmer?? Instead of teleporting stuff, he's actually shrinking them? And flying by way of mass manipulation? And the glow could be the same tech that the current Atom is using on his belt...

I am heartened by the fact that they didn't absolutely confirm that we saw the Question's "last moments" as the cover scrawl indicated. Ugh ... another long week of not knowing... (fingers crossed...)
Best theory I have heard. This has got to be it.

#489517 01/02/07 05:52 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Expanded information to a post I made a page back, after digging up the back issues:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">
In 2001's "Our Worlds At War" Brainiac 13 sends solid holograms of the Fatal Five to battle Superman.

In Adventures of Superman #598 we learn that transmissions of the battle were beamed to Earth. Cole Parker, a disgruntled ex-employee of the Daily Planet printing plants (shut down and replaced by B13 tech) sees the transmission and is inspired. He leads a gang of thugs in hockey masks and axes into the Daily Planet offices and takes Perry White hostage--Superman, as you expect, stops them and Parker is imprisoned.

In Adventures of Superman #601-602, Parker recieves power from a skeevy character he'd been imprisoned with (I can't remember if that guy's story was ever told), and Parker is soon renewing his vendetta clad in armor and carrying an Atomic Ax as the Persuader.

At the end of this story, Parker accidentally cuts open a dimensional rift and disappears. It's not impossible that Cole Parker returns sometime between AOS#602 and 52; the costume the Persuader in 52 wears does look like the one Cole Parker wore. That doesn't make that a lock, of course.</span></span>

"I will drill a hole through my head. You cannot stop me."
#489518 01/04/07 05:16 PM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Major disappointment...I could swear the editors said Supernova's secret identity would be revealed in week 35, but it most certainly isn't.

Also, no word on the Question.

However, taken on its own, it's a great chapter, and Luthor is looking more and more evil by the minute.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#489519 01/05/07 02:40 PM
Reservist
Reservist
I keep thinking about the guess that Ray Palmer is Supernova. I've started re-reading with this in mind and can only guess that the "disintegration" thing of his would be something like "Pym Particles?" He definitely has been around for a while if he knows Ralph and knows how to find the Bat Cave.

Yes, Luthor is EXTREMELY evil. How in heck can he keep getting away with all this stuff?

#489520 01/05/07 03:28 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Hunt Drouin:

Yes, Luthor is EXTREMELY evil. How in heck can he keep getting away with all this stuff?
He pals around with Dick Cheney.

#489521 01/05/07 03:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
[b]
He pals around with Dick Cheney. [/b]
:rolleyes:

#489522 01/05/07 04:30 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
[b]
He pals around with Dick Cheney. [/b]
And I thought Lex went through Lawyers fast. :rolleyes:

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
#489523 01/08/07 10:11 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So Lobo was aiming to claim the bounty the whole time? This seems a bit out of character doesn't it. He's never been one to be dishonest about his intentions has he?

Man becoming the head fish of a space religion changes a guy doesn't it?

#489524 01/08/07 03:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think this is just part of Adam Strange's plan.

Lobo pretends to have captured them in order to get them inside Lady Styx's abode safely, and then all Hades breaks loose.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#489525 01/10/07 09:45 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
So I caught up on the last four issues and I think the series is as excellent as ever. Still the best thing going in comics IMO.

Not much to add, as now the story is really rolling along, other than I'm thrilled that the JSA, Titans and a few others show up still while the leads get the focus, and I'm glad that the Luthor I know and love is in full effect.

I'm crossing my fingers for Starfire and Lobo, and most especially, the Question!

#489526 01/10/07 09:08 PM
Reservist
Reservist
An absolutely AMAZING week! The stories are all moving along at a lightning pace.

Sun Eater Migration?
A Death
Renee Grows Up
Poor Osiris
Bottle City of Kandor
Evil Skeets...very ominous

Just who is Supernova? It's killing me.

I gotta admit that I'll go through some withdrawals not having this weekly series go on and on.

BTW, does anyone have any info on the sales figures? Is it blowing the charts? Has it stayed consistent? Just curious...

#489527 01/10/07 09:36 PM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Very upset about week 36.

Not happy with the death in this issue. <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Does DC have something against happily married super-heroes?</span></span>

Not happy with the non-death in this issue. <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">That teary "Danny Boy" scene at the end of issue 34 was just...a random moment in his protracted illness???</span></span>

Osiris, Supernova, and the person who was with Supernova were great scenes.

Missing the mad scientist subplot.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#489528 01/10/07 10:02 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Lame. This has not better be the end of ANIMAL Man. That was a lame death. </span></span>

Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Neemers
Neemers
Oregon
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star