*eye twitch* That.

So they're saying Lian's been back since last year when she first appeared as "Shoes" in Catwoman #25. The Festival of Heroes anthology revealed, somehow, she was not only still alive and amnesiac but Cheshire dumped her at some church in Gotham City thinking she'd be safer. Yes at the time she was apparently fighting ninjas while carrying her unconscious daughter, but still.

The implications are that Roy's spent years thinking Lian's been dead all this time with no explanation as to how or why she's a teenager.

Okay seeing this thread makes me cringe a little remembering how I was ten years ago and thinking an online petition and simple complaining to random creators was going to fix things.

Truthfully though, I really hate this and I'm not the only fan who was disappointed by this reveal. Except for the Cheshire Cat mask, there's literally nothing that would've ever implied "Shoes" was Lian. There's nothing of the character she was to the point it feels like Ram V decided to slap Lian's name on their own character. That they gutted Lian of her personality and memories of her family, made her a generic angsty and somewhat morally dubious character working for an anti-hero, and stuck her with a Batman character she has no real connection or reason to be with, is pretty much exactly what they did to Roy ten years ago. Aging her up arbitrarily and skipping over her developmental years is also what DC did to Jon Kent, which, well, we're still arguing about that aren't we? The blue hair also doesn't come across as well thought since the "rebellious Asian girl with dyed hair" trope has been considered to have racist undertones.

Like, in all fairness you cannot expect fans to be happy when they spent a decade asking for a character to be brought back only to be stripped of everything which made them interesting and removed from their friends and family. We didn't just want Lian back, we wanted her back with Roy and their family so he could be a dad again and we could actually watch her grow. You also can't expect fans to accept "Wait and see how the story goes" when fans have already made connections between this and how they spent ten years doing absolutely nothing worthwhile with Roy after giving him the same start.