Roll Call
0 members (), 25 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 05/02/24 08:41 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:55 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:52 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 04:44 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/02/2021
Omni #1002990 05/30/21 03:24 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
heya Omni no worries, anyway you can change your main thread title to show you've entered Volume 2 wink

ah, new planet for Neptune, cool!

ooh will you tie Vertigo in to the Marvel family too?

No reason Konk! cannot have an inborn forcefield power wink Maybe tie it to her floating head? I mean, the head needs protection too. And we've seen her headbutt pretty hard (vs. Gates in LSH... gosh which issue was that... LSH 82 I think?)

can't wait for the next installments! and now that real life has settled a bit for me, I promise I will read faster too!

and thanks, looking forward to your comments on my latest chapters! smile

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/30/21 03:25 PM.
Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 5/31/2021
Omni #1003041 05/31/21 04:40 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Brall: Capital City: Orrk. Magno Ball League Headquarters and the Lodestone's team Stadium.
Magno Ball Tryouts

"The stadium screams out in cheers of joy as they watch the players run up and down the field trying to grab hold of the iron ball for the open tryouts for the new Magno-Ball season. The recruits have squared off against some of the strongest players who remained in the league after the Cybernetic Invasion and are participating as part of the open tryouts. Right now we have several matches going but the one that seems to be capturing the attention of the crowd is the battle featuring the returning Cybernetic Brallians and the three MVPs from the last three years. This is a battle that has been waging for over an hour. I can't wait to see the outcome. Now let's take a look at the action." Tish Maz from Cosmos to the nano's hologram cast large over the crowd as she covered the tryouts for her feed.

"Uggg. Get that ball in the air!" Brink Arggz called out to his teammates as they squared off against Gar Snagz, Meena Cruz, and Jak Lugz running down the green field of the stadium. Brink Arggz focused and pushed himself up into the air riding the magnetic field gliding over the heads of his teammates and competitors to grab hold of the medium-sized iron ball that they used. Grabbing hold of it he began pulling it towards him when suddenly his magnetic field was interrupted.

"Ha! Nice try." Meena Cruz yelled out using her right hand to move the ball. Her fingers stretched out farther than any normal humanoid. Each finger was super wide and pulsing with magnetic energy, her hand almost looking like a giant catcher's mitt.

"Hey not fair!" Brink Arggz yelled out.

"Morphing my body is fair. I'm just not allowed to amp up my powers beyond this point!" Menna Cruz yelled out boosting her power and taking complete control of the iron ball and bringing it down to her.

"You know, you've got too much metal in you to not take control of it!" Rokk Krinn called out as he flipped and lowered himself to the ground using the magnetic fields of Brall to help push his powers grabbing hold of the metal within Menna Cruz's body and stretching her out her limbs farther and farther forcing her to release her control of the ball and focus her control on realigning herself while allowing his teammates to grab the ball away from her.

"Arrrgg!" Meena Cruz called out pushing herself against Rokk Krinn's magnetic field. Struggling to get her body back together.

Quickly Brink Arggz and Franki Smizz grabbed hold of the ball each of them casting a wide magnetic field to shield the ball as they continued to run down the field. Gar Snagz ran behind them trying his hardest to disrupt their field. But with the two of them combined he wasn't able to get through. Brink Arggz and Franki Siminn quickly tapped into their joined magnetic fields and lifted themselves off the ground. Rokk Krinn had finally lost control of Meena Cruz?s body who had morphed her body and allowed herself to separate creating too many tiny pieces for Rokk Krinn to control.

"Create Pols!" Meena Cruz shouted her head bobbing along the magnetic field created by Brink Arggz and Franki Siminn as she got pulled into its orbit.

Gar Snagz heard her and began powering up while he continued to run. Jak Lugz who was closer to the goal that Brink Arggz and Franki Siminn were running towards also began powering up. His already muscular body grew larger with each passing second as he ran towards his competitors.

"Why are you buffing up?" Meena Cruz called her head spinning around using her powers to try and disconnect from the magnetic field's orbit.

"More mass equals a bigger charge without amping my powers artificially using my core magnet." Jak Lugz tapped at his chest plate where a glowing magnetic core sat attached to his heart.

"Now to create an opposite charge." Jak Lugz thought to himself his hands glowing bright blue and small circles began circling them before he blasted outward at the field created by Brink Arggz and Franki Siminn.

Gar Snagz began pushing his magnetic abilities outward at the opposite side of the magnetic field Jak Lugz was aiming at. The iron ball hovered in the exact center of the field being pulled at by all four competitors. Meena Cruz's head and hands which had also gotten pulled into the growing magnetic field hovered dead center above the ball.

"Give up, you slags!" Brink Arggz yelled out pushing his powers harder to counter Jak Lugz who stood at his polar opposite.

"Never!" Called out Gar Snagz pushing harder to counter.

Rokk Krinn watched the battle brewing, threatening to tear apart the iron ball before any of them got it when he noticed that Meena Cruz was attempting to use her powers to not only break free from the magnetic field but also grab the ball by expanding out her magnetic field.

"Neat trick Meena...I wonder if I can tap into her field and manipulate it?" Rokk Krinn ran at the giant magnetic field that had formed with the iron ball in the center. Its purple and blue energy signature glowed brightly as it swirled across all of their faces. All of them held floating in place.

Rokk Krinn threw out one of his metal discs that were attached to his blue and black uniform. Slowly it expanded out and Rokk Krinn jumped on board. Using the magnetic currents wafting off the giant field. A small gust of wind began to pick up the stronger the giant field got as its energy swirled. Flying across the magnetic waves he made his way quickly up the side before using his power to hold his metal disc in place. Rokk began focusing on Meena Cruz's powers. He looked for her signature within the giant entanglement of magnetic fields. Meena Cruz's eyes glowed bright blue as she cast her powers through them and her hands that floated on either side of her. Rokk Krinn's left hand was behind him holding his metal disk in place along the magnetic field.

"Her field's hard to discern but I'll do it. I can do it!? Rokk Krinn thought to himself. Reaching out he tried to find the right magnetic frequency.

"Grrr...I must do it!" Rokk Krinn reached out pushing himself again but instead of focusing on the iron ball he looked at Meena Cruz and focused on her.

The magnetic field swirled fast and hard with all six competitors pulling at the iron ball at its center. Rokk watched the magnetic field get wilder and wilder and he knew it wasn't going to last much longer before all of this magnetic pulling blew them all back. Meena's powers had finally broken through the other's powers and she had gained control of the ball. She pushed her powers hard to pull it up to her hands. Rokk began throwing his magnetic energy in hoping to help get it to her.

"Get it Meena!" Gar Snagz screamed.

"So...close?" Meena Cruz gritted her teeth as the circuitry across her body glowed brightly.

Rokk pushed hard to help Meena grasp the ball while he held his position riding the side of the magnetic bubble the group created. The iron ball raised up and finally it was in Meena Cruz's hands.

"Now to work on pulling myself back together." Meena Cruz thought to herself as she began pulling her arms, legs, and torso back towards her head.

"Sorry Meena, but you should know it's not a good idea to overextend yourself." Rokk Krinn smiled as he sailed across the top using his magnetic powers to pull himself along until he reached her arm that held the iron ball in its magnetic grip.

"What are you doing?" Meena Cruz screamed.

"Just what the rules allow and interrupting your magnetic flow!" Rokk Krinn smiled at her with a slight twinkle in his bright blue eyes. His hands burst with magnetism, its purple glow circling his hands until he had control of her magnetism and used it to pass the iron ball to himself.

Rokk Krinn quickly pushed himself away on his metal disc when suddenly it was caught by Gar Snagz who had seen him escaping on the edges of the magnetic bubble.

"Not so fast Rokk!" Gar Snagz yelled out through gritted teeth his powers straining.

Rokk Krinn saw and could feel the wave of magnetic energy Gar Snagz pushed out towards him.

"If I time this right?" Rokk thought to himself riding the wave until instantly his metal disc stopped dead on the wave and with a jump, Rokk flipped through the air generating his magnetic field to help guide him back down to the rich metal soil the stadium imported from the cliffs of Drukkinn where the iron heavy rains last for 6 months.

Rokk Krinn landed with a small thug as he tucked and rolled into a running position as he made his way for the goal. He looked back and saw the magnetic bubble fluctuating its energy spinning faster and faster until finally it burst outward exploding and sending everyone including Rokk Krinn, flying. Rokk however happened to be close enough to the goal that the backlash sent him through it, sounding the alarms of victory. Rokk lay on the ground face up to the sky unmoving for a moment until he popped up, holding the iron ball in his magnetic grasp and all smiles. The entire stadium erupted in cheers.

"Look at that feat and an absolutely amazing match! Rokk Krinn does it again, proving why he's an MVP, but also a future champion of Magno-Ball!" Trish Maz's hologram shouted out to the crowd high above them all.

Last edited by Omni; 05/31/21 04:46 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 5/31/2021
Omni #1003044 05/31/21 05:22 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Several hours later:

Gar Snagz and Meena Cruz exited the guest team?s locker room and instantly they were rushed by a sea of reporters.

"Meena! Meena! How are you feeling after being a living bobblehead on that magnetic bubble?" one reporter called.

"Gar! Gar! How did you come up with that move in the one on one against Brink Arggz?" another called.

"Wow. calm down, everyone. We?re doing a press conference in a half hour. Now we?re going to get some food." Gar Snagz put his arm around Meena Cruz and tried to get away from the reports.

"Ha! That's funny the machines are going to go eat. What are you gonna go eat, a can of Xon Mobil petroleum?" another reporter called out.

"What did you call us?" Meena Cruz looked back at the reporter, her brown eyes glowing as they shifted to green and her iris expanded.

"The Ma-ch-ines! Learn Interlac! Hah! Hah!" The reporter laughed and snapped holo-photos of the two.

Meena Cruz glared at him and gritted her teeth. Gar Snagz made a fist trying to control himself.

"I'll look for you in the feeds my boy." The words of Dark Circle Master rang in his mind.

"ARgggg! Shut up you saqujaw!" Gar Snagz's body grew three feet and glowed with his signature blue magnetic energy as he reached out grabbing every floating holo-camera and crushed them. Gar Snagz grew his body again and began charging himself up with magnetic energy to attack with a larger magnetic push; which would have flung the reports back. But before that happened Meena Cruz simply smiled and stroked Gar?s arm before taking him by the hand and pulled him away.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 05/31/2021
Omni #1003045 05/31/21 05:29 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Unknown location:

"This just in viewers, Gar Snagz one of Brall's favorite sons and a former Magno Ball leadership award recipient just lashed out at reports. Check out this footage on Cosmos to the Nano's gossip feed! Looks like our Mr. magnetic is now Mr. repulse." Durtra, gossip columnist slammed her four arms down on the floating table in excitement before her image was replaced with another reporter. The sound of Durtra's voice rang throughout the large spacious office.

"Good job." Ra's al Ghul sat back with a slim smile in the shadows.

"Thank you Dark Circle Master. Will I get my payment now?" The reporter asked timidly. Not daring to even look at the holo-screen.

"Computer, transfer 5000 credits to him." Ra's al Ghul's voice was calm and even. But it was that calm and lack of emotion in his voice that made others fear him.

"Thank you, sir." The reporter smiled brightly as he looked at his account?s balance rise.

Slowly the holo-screen pixelated away. Leaving the large office and Ra's al Ghul in darkness.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 05/31/2021
Omni #1003072 06/01/21 01:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Meena Cruz! nice real modern day surname there

I assume Magno-Ball rules allow using tools, such as Cos' metal disks? cause that would be super cool. and it's super creative.

I was wondering why that reporter was so snotty, but now I see that he was being paid. Tsk. Ra's, Ra's, Ra's, nice scene there, upping his threat level...

Omni #1003286 06/06/21 07:10 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I really liked the description of the magno-ball game, you did a good job of bringing a fictional sport to life! And I am always a fan of Cos putting those discs on his costume to practical use smile

I also like the ongoing tension with the cybernetic Braalians, is this Repulse's secret supervillain origin playing out?

Omni #1003310 06/06/21 04:18 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hi IB and Raz, thank you for the swift read and response about my latest post!

Ra's and McCauley have been up to a lot of no good. But there is oh so much more to come. lol.

IB, the metal disk are allowed. All the players have them to use to travel, especially when they have to travel high on magnetic fields. Cos, is just the only one who chose to use it this time. I think i'll have to flesh out the rules a little bit and maybe post them...

Raz,
Repulse is actually already with McCauley. But he is a former Magno-Ball Champion in this universe.

I hope to have more soon!

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 6/06/2021
Omni #1003312 06/06/21 06:17 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Mission to Jeudoel
Roll call:
Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
Amp - Ming Sul of Tristram - Able to amplify the speed, strength, intelligence, healing, stamina. Using a tagging effect, the duration of which depends on how many sentients she has amped. The larger the group the shorter amount of time it lasts. The amping effect causes a crash after but only for those she has amped. Not herself.
Tharok of unknown ? hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Validus of unknown - super strong. Super durable, Mental lightning. Inherent psychic shielding.
Cadets:
Mendalla - Tari Wahlmunn - of Takron-Galtos -Project thought spheres to engulf targets causing hallucinatory distorting effects by interfering with one's bio-electrical system.
Shadow Lad - Gra-Malla of Figa - Shadow walker and living shadow
Vertigo - Ce-Ce Beeek of Steeple - capable of producing/creating sounds on various sound wavelengths that allow her to affect people's nervous systems, creating vertigo of sorts. she also has an ability called healing harmonics. it allows her to heal others with soothing harmonic tones. the monks were the ones who perfected this technique and taught her how to alter her powers to replicate it. she uses this ability sparingly and not in the heat of battle.
Beast Master - Ilshu Nor of Lallor -Able to transform into any animal or beast and duplicate their special abilities.

Encyclopedia Galactica Planetary Formation Resource: Promotional Feed.
Jeudoel

"Located in the Giga-Asteroid Belt and is the only planet within the Asteroid Belt. Jeudoel is the result of millions of years of gravitational shifts as the neighboring galaxy of NGC 2608 ?crashed? or more accurately absorbed the Giga-Astroide Belt causing at least a third of the larger asteroids to push together around a small star. The star's energy combined with the asteroid's low gravitational pull began attracting more chunks of asteroids until there were no local asteroids left leaving a large field of them that circled the new planet. Beneath the surface of this newly formed planetoid, the heat from the star expanded outward melting the chunks of asteroids together forming what has become known as Jeudoel.

However, The closest Sun happened to be over 7.2 light-years away leaving it in darkness for a long time turning this world of ?rocks? into an ice world for a long time as a thin atmosphere began to form. Eventually, Galaxy NGC 2608 morphed again moving the Giga-Astroide Belt closer to a small violet-colored Sun. After a few thousand years of the planet that would become Jeudoel circled the violet Sun, it warmed the planet allowing for life to bloom from the various bacteria that had somehow survived the formation of the planet. With the help of the bacteria, it allowed vegetation to grow, creating an atmosphere rich with oxygen, nitrogen, and argon. With no natural moons, the asteroid belt's largest chunks began to control the tides of the oceans made from the frozen tundra that had melted after the movement of the planet closer to the Violet Sun. They make daily rotations around the planet. (for more information click the feed link to finish reviewing the formation of the Giga-Astroide Belt and Jeudoel.)

Now, thousands of years later we enjoy a rich life here on Jeudoel. We are the only M-Class planet in the Giga-Astroide Belt with a Violet Sun making us a tourist destination for many from the inner worlds of the Sol system. We are also the leading experts in scientific research on Astroide uses and manipulation. From the magnetic fields, they generate, to the radiation absorption capabilities to the simple cleaning products made from asteroid dust. It's a great time to be from Jeudoel! So come and visit our sector of the galaxy and be amazed by the Astroides!"

The Violet sun's light was dull leaving this lavishly green world in a state of constant dusk, adding a bit of a haze. The low light made it hard to see normally for most off-worlders. But it was normally a fairly pleasant world to visit. But for a small team from the Meta-Human Squad Science Police Division, things weren't going well as they made their way through a forest of giant deep green grass.

"Live Wire, are you sure this is the right direction? Ugf!" Amp asked wadding through tall blades of dark forest green grass. The blades snapping back into place smacking her across the face sending her short black bob of hair flying into her eyes. Amp stamped her foot in frustration.

"Yeah, the Omnicom says the ambassador's headquarters is just through this field.? Live Wire pushed forward through the tall grass checking his Omnicom over and over. His frustration growing with every blade he pushed out of his way. The light from a small ball of electricity and his Omnicom showing bags under his eyes.

"Arrhhhh!" Validus roared sparks of his pink lightning sparking to life above the grass that stood almost taller than him. The grass only revealing the force-glass showing his huge brain. The pink light from Validus' lightning reflecting off of its surface making it seem like there was more electrical activity firing beneath its surface.

The pink lightning barely illuminated the giant grass forest below while the violet sun shined bright above the giant blades of grass barely any of the light from the violet sun reached them. All of them couldn't help but feel submerged into the darkness of the grass forest with fleeting streams of light rushing across their faces before they could even blink. The low light of this world made everything hard to see. But this forest made it worse.

"Hush down boy. We'll be there soon." Tharok patted Validus's on the leg while checking his own Omnicom which began glitching.

"Maybe I should take point. I can shift into a Lallorian Gallcian. Their sense of smell is great for tracking." Beast Master slowly began shifting his form ready to take the lead.

"No. We can only track something if we know what we're tracking and besides we're not tracking. We're just wading through these huge blades of grass towards Ambassador Kul Wehege's headquarters. I have no clue why it's not at the center of the city with the spaceport. But this is where it is. Keep moving everyone." Live Wire called out wiping the sweat from his brow.

"You could cut this grass in half by transmuting it down." Live Wire thought to himself before catching himself and shaking his head.

"Not my thoughts. That would hurt more than it would help." Live Wire's hand glowed a soft baby blue gently as he touched a blade of thick grass before stopping it.

Beast Master stopped his transformation leaving himself in a hybrid state of man-beast, with a long blond main that was practically matted down with sweat and knots running throughout it. Vertigo patted him on the shoulder. This was their first real mission with the main squad that wasn't a state of emergence with all hands on deck. She knew he just wanted to prove himself to them.

"You'll get a shot soon. Just be patient." Vertigo smiled at him but his scowl didn't fade.

"Yo, Spark-plug is your Omnicom glitching?" Tharok called down from Validus's shoulder who he had put him there to get a better signal and view.

"Hmm? yeah just a bit." Live Wire admitted feeling the angered gaze of Amp coming from behind him.

"Grrr! Did he really say what I think he said?" Beast Master growled low his posture changing ready to pounce and challenge the leadership of the pack.

"Don't even think about it." Vertigo cautioned.

"Should we stop?? Mendalla asked looking around but not even Live Wire paid attention to her.

"Why does this feel like some bad holo-movie waiting to happen.? Mendalla thought to herself before rushing to catch up with Amp who wasn't that far behind Live Wire. But neither of them stopped to wait up for anyone.

"Live Wire, please stop! We're walking aimlessly and if both yours and Tharok's Omnicoms are acting up. We should regroup." Amp pleaded.

"Not in this grass. Just gotta get through." Live Wire said through gritted teeth. He couldn't explain it but there was something about wading through this giant field of grass that made him feel very unnerved. He hated to admit it but it brought back memories of being choke-weeded by the Blight in his home reality* and before his resurrection on Trom in Element Lad's body.**

"I could lead us out of here.? Beast Master grumbled.

"Ilshu, stop. You're not doing yourself any favors right now.? Shadow Lad appeared, his head poking up from the shadows beneath Beast Master's feet.

"Argg! I told you not to do that." Beast Master jumped back his body instantly transforming into a giant Earth lion, his mane bristling.

"Sorry. It's just where the shadows happened to open up this time." Shadow Lad fully left the shadows and shrugged.

"We are literally in shadows! There is nothing but giant blades of grass blocking practically all light! If it wasn't for the giant over here we'd be in total darkness!" Breast Master scolded Shadow Lad.

Vertigo shook her head and walked on catching up with Mendalla.

"If they aren't going to be serious then I'll have to be around someone who will." Vertigo thought to herself.

Vertigo and Mendalla pushed blades aside searching for a light to see the others. Finally, they heard Amp calling out to them.

"We've made it through the grass team! Just keep going forward." Amp called into the giant grass finally having caught Live Wire.

the team walked out into the violet light into a small clearing, that was surrounded by tall trees that stretched up higher than the forest of grass.

"What is wrong with this thing?" Live Wire smacked his Omnicom against his palm after having tried to gently charge it.

"Need some help?" Tharok jumped down from Validus's shoulder.

"I thought yours was glitching too?" Live Wire handed over the Omnicom rolling his eyes.

"Oh, it is. But I thought I could use yours for spare parts." Tharok mused before Live Wire grabbed the Omnicom out of his hands.

"We don't have time for you to redesign anything. It took us forever to get through that grass." Live Wire began to march forward only for his team to stay and stand at the edge of the grass waiting for Beast Master to leave the giant blades of grass as he had fallen behind sulking.

"You could wait for us spark-plug." Tharok called out.

"Gezze, even I'm not this impatient. Ha." Tharok jabbed Amp in the ribs who stared back at him with nothing but contempt.

"Huh?" Live Wire turned.

"Yeah, what gives oh fearless leader?" Mendalla asked trying to see him across the clearing. The low violet light made everything blend together for her.

"Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me. I needed out of that grass and I wasn't leading. But you're right. We need to regroup especially with the Omnicoms down." Live Wire rubbed the back of his neck. His blue eyes weary.

"Alright, glad you're on the same page. So before the Omnicoms began glitching the Ambassador's headquarters was supposed to be on the other side of this glade. Is it here?" Amp asked looking past Live Wire and for the first time she saw it, the Ambassador's Headquarters.

Live Wire turned following his team's gaze. Behind him stood a giant thick tree. Small to large windows each filled with panes of stained glass littered its facade as far up as any of them could see. Long branches filled with blue-green leaves and small baubles of light hung down towards the forest floor. The clouds parted slowly allowing the sun's violet light to run across the trees leaves making their iridescent visible.

"That's the place. Let's move out." Live Wire waved them forward before he bumped into an invisible wall.

"Ouch! What was that?" Live Wire rubbed his forehead.

"Seems to be a force field or glass wall?" Amp stepped forward removing one of her gloves placing her hand on the invisible surface. Amplifying her eyesight and sense of touch to study the glass wall.

"Is that glass?" Shadow Lad walked up next and tapped the surface.

"Pink! Ping!" The sound from the glass was deep revealing its thickness.

"It seems that way. Live Wire, think you can make a hole for us to get through?" Amp asked before stopping him as his hands glowed about to touch it.

"Wait, we should be asking why this glass is around the headquarters" Was it placed here on purpose for protection? Is that why we were called here?" Amp began rattling off questions faster than the rest of her teammates could respond. Each time there was a momentary lull they tried to answer but then she'd start up again.

"Wow...wow! Slow down motor mouth. Did you amp up your intelligence again?" Tharok asked annoyed while tossing back his greasy brown hair.

"Yes, I did." Amp stuck her tongue out.

"What is going on here?" Live Wire?s hands ran through his short reddish-blonde hair.

"What are you talking about?" Tharok leaned against Validus who had fallen asleep waiting for the group to move on.

"Something seems odd here. I'm rushing through a forest of grass anxiously, Amp is acting well kind of childish, Tharok's...well Tharok's being vainer than ever! look.!" Live Wire pointed to Tharok who had begun fixing his hair and checking his reflection in Validus? brain plate.

"Beast Master's temper has been out of sorts as well." Vertigo chimed in.

"That's not true!" Beast Master yelled his hands forming into fists while he punched them together.

"See. Something is wrong. It's like our worst traits are...amplified." Live Wire slowly turned and looked at Amp who simply stared back at him.

"What? You think it's me? I can't do that. I can amplify powers and physical traits like strength and since when am I the childish one?" Amp shot back stamping her feet.

"Normally your not?" Mendalla's eyes widened.

"You've been compromised!" Yelled a muffled voice through the glass.

The voice startled all of them but Tharok who hadn't stopped checking out his own reflection for more than a nanosecond.

?Huh? Who said that?? Live Wire turned seeing a humanoid male in a tattered violet bodysuit that had blue piped lines at its seams. He wore a black waistcoat with two long tails that hung down. His long brown hair was slightly messy with small smudges of dirt covering his face.

"I did. I'm Ambassador Kul Wehege. Hello." The wiry man in the tattered violet bodysuit waved vigorously.

"Ambassador...What's going on here?" Live Wire gestured to the glass wall and his teammates.

"Oh! Well, see, that's why we called your team here to help. See something we think might be in our atmosphere is causing everyone to experience their worst traits emerging. Oddly enough this glass wall is the only thing stopping...well whatever it is from affecting anyone. I and a large number of people from the local towns have been hiding out here. We hoped we could wait it out and maybe it would stop. But it's been over two weeks and nothing changed. We see and hear reports from the city about it crumbling because of everyone's worst traits crushing our society. The selfishness, the inaction, laziness, and more all taken to their extremes."

"We didn't notice that at the spaceport?" Shadow Lad shrugged.

"We also didn't interact with anyone. We landed and then made our way here." Live Wire pointed out while stroking his chin.

"We should have brought Nightwind if this was an atmospheric issue. Can we call her in?" Vertigo tried to step up. She often led her squad and she knew she had good ideas to offer. But her eagerness was starting to become over baring even to herself.

"No. she's out on a mission. Besides we don't know if this is actually atmospheric. We weren't affected when we first arrived and it wasn't until we got here that our worst traits started showing themselves." Amp pushed Vertigo to the side using her amped-up intelligence.

"Besides our transuits filter out all atmospheric irritants, chemicals, and well just about everything." Tharok pointed out while checking out his butt.

"Clap! Clap!" The sound erupted out all around them.

Last edited by Omni; 06/06/21 06:34 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 06/06/2021
Omni #1003314 06/06/21 06:40 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
"First one's to figure it out. Everyone else has done their best to hide behind these glass cages, which oddly enough blocks my power. But no matter. I've got some new play toys." High in the trees above the MHS squad clad in a red and black bodysuit called down to them before jumping to the ground revealing themselves. The shadows still concealing any details about them.

"Who are you?" Vertigo stepped forward with Beast Master at her side as he shifted into a Lallorian Warkrylla, a wolf-like creature whose tail can stretch entangling its prey.

"Ooo, overconfidence. I love it.? The voice stepped forward revealing a tall, thin but muscular man in a black and red bodysuit. Each color dominating one side. A long flowing black cape with a red inseam waved behind him. Upon his face was a golden mask whose visage was smooth and expressionless.

"Who are you?" Vertigo called out her powers activating ready to strike their opponent.

"I don?t know if you want to know. I mean once you know you'll never be able to forget." The golden masked man teased them.

"Tell us now! GRRRRRrrr!" Beast Master growled.

"Hmmm. Anger. I love the taste of anger in the forest. But if you must know, I'm master of emotions, the devourer of your feelings, I am the Psycho-Pirate." With a flourishing bow, the stranger responded.

"You can't be the Psycho-Pirate. They died in the 20th century." Tharok tapped his infoware glasses, the database searching for information associated with the name. His gaze still not leaving Validu's brain plate.

"I thought your tech was out?" Live Wire asked his hands a buzz with electricity.

"Oh, the Omnicom's are. But these glasses only activate when I want them to...and never mind they just went dead."

"Oh, you can thank my friend for that." Psycho-Pirate said with a snap of his fingers.

Diving from the skies hitting the ground with a giant thud causing shockwaves making the MHS squad fall over or stumble around.

"Now that's an entrance." Psycho-Pirate slowly clapped for his new friend.

The dust settled revealing a tall thick muscular man with long black and purple hair flowing in the wind. Small horns rested at the top of his forehead. His eyes glowed an intense white, casting shadows over his contorted face. His black bodysuit hugged his muscular frame. Ambassador Kul Wehege who had been watching ran away when the shock wave reached the glass that was protecting him and cracked it.

"It can't be!" Mendalla gasped.

"Can't be who?" Amp could feel the fringes of her mind starting to be infected with fear.

"That's...That's... Shurtoaga the Taker. He was a...like a god of sorts on my mother's homeworld of Heruta. She used to tell me stories of him to scare me...to keep me inline." Mendalla rubbed her eyes. She couldn't believe he was real. But he looked the exact way her mother said he would.

"Well, let's see if he can take this! Fire!" Live Wire cast the electricity that had been building around his hands, the white-hot lightning illuminating the dim world. After a few moments of Live Wire blasting, a giant bolt of pink mental lightning erupted from Validus.

Live Wire's white lightning and Validus' pink mental lighting blasted towards the villains the light bouncing off the glass's surface creating a slight blinding effect. But on this dimly lit world, it only made everything more visible. Both of their lightning blasts surged and swirled around Shurtoaga the Taker's hand. The two bolts of lightning merging and growing brighter with each passing second before the energy circled his hand and coalesced into a ball. Shurtoaga the Taker stared at the energy curiously.

"What?" Live Wire?s blue eyes widened.

"Ahhh...fear! Now I know you won't stand in my...I mean our way." Psycho-Pirate squealed his hands cupping next to his face. Even though the golden mask had no face, the smile underneath was devilishly infecting.

"Ha...Ha...what's happening?" Shadow Lad felt odd gleeful malice enter his mind.

"Oh, just a little emotional fun." Psycho-Pirate sneered.

"I don't think so." Vertigo called out her powers activating. She wasn't going to take any chances after seeing this Shurtoaga the Taker basically absorbed a direct blast.

"Uhhmma...aaahhhh...!" Both Shurtoaga the Taker and Psycho-Pirate began wabbling around.

The ball of energy in Shurtoaga the Taker's hand blasting outward at them with his control shaken.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" Shadow Lad, Tharok, and Amp yelled a chunk of the energy blasting them back while the rest hit Validus who barely responded.

Live Wire, Vertigo, Beast Master, and Mendalla were able to dodge the blasts but just in the nick of time.

"This is sprocking ridiculous!" Beast Master scolded his team before running at Psycho-Pirate in his Warkryalla form pushing his tail to ensnare Psycho-Pirate thinking he was the brains of the operation.

"Leave him be!" Shurtoaga the Taker yelled his eyes flashed with white lighting before striking Beast Master.

"Haha. Warkryalla's are highly durable." Beast Master's low voice rumbled with each syllable.

"Good to know." Shurtoaga the Taker moved fast, tackling Beast Master forcibly removing Beast Master's tail from around Psycho-Pirate.

"Hahaha. Oh my, that was priceless. Almost smothered by a dog's fluffy tail. Hahaha." Psycho-Pirate rolled over in joy barely able to contain his laughter which began spreading to the team.

"Hahaha...no...hahaha...what's happening?... Hahaha." Live Wire doubled over in laughter along with Amp who had finally recovered from the backlash.

"Fun! That's what's happening!" Psycho-Pirate laughed rolling around on the ground. While Shurtoaga the Taker stood over him and an unconscious Beast Master, his hands glowing bright with a white ball of energy.

"Why...haha..are...haha...you...hahaha here?" Live Wire gasped for air in between fits of laughter.

"Oh...just on a silly old quest." Psycho-Pirate rolled over propping his head upon his fist.

"Quu..hahaha?quest?" Amp doubled over again laughing.

"Oh yes. For our lord and savior, Mordru." Psycho-Pirate's golden medusa mask glinted in the light and instantly Amp, Live Wire, Tharok, Shadow Lad, and Vertigo all began to feel the dread of Mordru's name enter their minds.

"No! No! please not Mordru!" Shadow Lad screamed out his body searching for any shadows near him. Finding the smallest patch under a nearby tree, parts of his body began melting into the shadows he could find trying to hide.

"What does Mordru want?" Live Wire did his best to sound confident and fight through the fear. Even trying to stand even though he could feel his legs wobbling.

Mendalla watched from behind Validus's giant purple legs.

"Why aren't I afraid like the others...for that matter why aren't you big guy?" Mendalla thought to herself peaking from behind Validus.

"Oh, just some magical artifact. Nothing to worry your pretty little heads at. Oh and you?" Psycho-Pirate spun on his heel to face Tharok who was on the ground on all fours paralyzed with fear.

"I'm not THE Psycho-Pirate. But I am THE NEW and IMPROVED PSYCHO-PIRATE!" Psycho-Pirate bowed, his hands rolling with a flourish before the golden mask glinted again and Vertigo was instantly at his side holding on to his legs, looking up at him adoringly.

"I knew I felt a twinge of attraction from you. I love your shade of purple skin, my dear. Mixed with that white hair it is simply breathtaking." Psycho-Pirate lifted Vertigo up by her chin. Her grey eyes were wide.

"Yes. Oh yes. I do love that cape and those sleek lines. Please tell me more about who you are! I want to know everything!" Vertigo grabbed Psycho-Pirate around the waste

"Hmmm, I do love a good monologue. Alright, children, everyone sit down and pay attention."

Instantly they all rushed to be at his feet. The team sitting in a semi-circle around him. Vertigo stayed at his feet looking up while the other's eyes were wide with wonder.

"I hate this so much!" Tharok said with joyful glee.

"Agreed. At least with telepaths, you won?t necessarily be aware of what's happening." Vertigo grabbed hold of Psycho-Pirates leg again cuddling it.

"Oh, I could make you forget or unaware. I just enjoy this so much more. It feeds the mask." Psycho-Pirate gestured as if he was smelling the pheromones wafting off of the team.

Meanwhile, Shurtoaga the Taker watched in disgust.

"This is sickening. Playing with these...children like this. We came for the Calculha's Crystal. Either tie them up or put them down. We have work to do." Shurtoaga the Taker barked.

"The Calculha's Crystal?" Mendalla whispered to herself before trying to activate her Omnicom.

"Maybe with Shurtoago the Taker busy I might be able to get this thing working." Mendalla thought to herself but she was unable to get it working.

"Oh, hush. I'm only having fun Shurtoaga. But to make a long story short as my cohort has pointed out we have work to do. Mordru found me on Rune after the Great Awakening...well actually long after...my people are rather long-lived and after a few centuries, it all blurs together. See when Magic returned it returned my planet's powers and many of my people gained great power, myself being one of them. I became a magical Empath! Not only can I sense emotions, but magic! I gained odd psychometry abilities that allow me to search for magical artifacts. Wanting more power, I went on a quest for magical items which as I?m sure you guessed it, Mordru caught me and forced me to look for this!? Psycho-Pirate held his hand up underneath his head, the Medusa Mask glinting in the sunlight again.

"And you found it. They've heard enough." Shurtoaga the taker snarled.

"No...No...I'm not done! I need their adoration and fear!" Psycho-Pirate reveled in the emotions of the team.

Mendalla and Validus both stood by watching both of them confused. Mendalla noticed Validus's confusion.

"Is he confused too? I wonder if I can reach the big lug?" Mendalla thought to herself.

<Validus....Can...Can you hear me?> Mendalla thought out over the telepathic earplug comlinks.

But there was no response.

"Hmm...I thought he was on the network. Isn't that how Tharok and Twine connect with him?" Mendalla thought to herself trying to keep an eye out while working on a plan.

"Maybe my own powers will help?" Mendalla thought before instantly activating her powers. Her eyes flashing yellow before stripes of pink lighting began running across her eyes.

Mendalla no longer saw what was going on around her. But was somehow transported to a large field of flowers of varying sizes and colors. The violet sun had been replaced by a bright shining yellow sun. The smell of the flowers wafted in the wind as a gust brushed past her.

"Where am I?" Mendalla slowly turned around. Bumping into the stocks of giant sunflower-like plants while small white lily's tickled her legs.

"ARRRrrRrrrrrrrHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" The roar erupted around her shaking the flowers making many petals fall.

"Ahh...what the sprock?!" Mendalla screamed out jumping out of the way of the giant petals.

"Sorry?" A faint voice answered echoing around her.

"What? Who said that?"

"ArrH...I did." The two sounds melding together.

"Validus?" Mendalla stood fixing her extra short bob of black hair making the ends flair out again.

"Yes?"

"Wow, I never would have guessed your mind was like...this..." Mendalla spun around again taking in the pleasant sounds and smells.

"My powers...must be interacting with your brain chemistry. I can really hear the breeze and smell the flowers." Mendalla leaned to her left to smell a medium-sized Chranolla a speckled gray, white, and black petal flower.

"Yes, your thought spheres create disruptions in bio-electrical fields allowing you to create hallucinations. But because my field is...larger than you're used to. Allowing me to have some control and counter you...and in this case, bring you into my mind." Validus's voice echoed around her. It was surprisingly soothing.

"Is this how you communicate with Tharok? Or Twine for that matter?"

"No. They are...crueler."

The bright sun slowly disappeared behind large red thick clouds.

"They work to rule me. Tharok has gotten gentler over the years but I still fear him more than care for him. The one you call Twine is harsh and if I could I'd give her death." Validus's voice echoed, the tranquil sound leaving behind a stinging sensation in the air.

"I'm...I'm sorry Validus. I wish there was more I could do. But we need to save the team. Do you know what's going on or understand" Sorry if I'm being insensitive...I"m still trying to understand how your mind works." Mendalla hugged herself a little bit.

"I understand what's happening to a degree. I've never seen Tharok act like that. But he's usually impervious to telepathic manipulation?" Validus's voice became soothing again as a gentle bolt of pink lightning slowly descended from the sky.

The lightning began to take form before Mandalla and there was a being of pure pink psychic energy shaped like a humanoid.

"I hope this form is to your liking. It might be easier for you as you seem distracted." Validus waved leisurely using his arm to signal hello.

"It couldn't hurt. Is this how Saturn Girl or any of the other telepaths communicate?"

"None have really tired...you're the first telepath to make contact?"

"Oh, I'm not a telepath. Remember I'm just disrupting signals but getting absorbed in your field to manipulate this...hallucination or mindscape. Uhhh?..!" Mendalla grabbed her head and began rubbing her temples.

"You are injured?" Validus began to approach.

"Ahhh!...No...I think the energy output your bio-electrical field puts out is too much for me to handle continuously like this. I think I may need to disconnect soon...But we have to save our team first. Can you fire on their assailants?" Mendalla's hands didn't leave her temples.

"Yes..."

With those words echoing around Mendalla she was released from Validus' mind.

"AHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" Validus roared and began firing on Psycho-Pirate and Shurtoago the Taker catching them both off guard.

"What is going on? I thought you had them all under control!" Shurtoaga the Taker screamed his hand stretched out in front of him trying to absorb the blast. But the blast was so intense and large it was hard for him to absorb it fast enough.

"The giant? No way. That would take all of my power to control him. Besides outside of rage, I didn't sense much. So when he stopped firing earlier I figured one of these stooges held control over the beast! Ouch! eWWWWAhhhhhhhh!" Psycho-Pirate jumped around barely escaping the blast.

"That's it keep firing!" Mendalla called out from behind Validus.

"It's her!" Shurtoaga the Taker yelled noticing Mendalla for the first time.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" Shurtoaga the Taker screamed running towards Mendalla both his hands stretched out doing his best to absorb the blasts from Validus no matter how much pain they were causing him.

"Not today!" Mendalla thought to herself activating her powers creating a sphere around Shurtoago the Taker's head.

"What is this?" Shurtoaga the Taker tried grabbing hold of the sphere using the energy from Validus to try and disrupt it. But nothing he did worked.

"AHHHH! Get this thing off of me! Ouch! GrAAAAAA!" Shurtoaga the Taker screamed blasting himself in the head with Validus' power. If it wasn't for his own durability he might have succumbed to the close-range blasts from his hands.

"ARRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Validus screamed and fired again on the two villains. This time landing direct hits. Validus continued to fire on them pouring large amounts of energy out.

Psycho-Pirate had become so distracted by the blasts and dodging them that he lost control of the MHS squad and Shurtoago the Taker continued to take the brunt of Validus' blasts.

"Take him down team!" Live Wire called out. Live Wire's blast joining with Validus.

Amp and Vertigo made their way towards Psycho-Pirate avoiding the pink lighting blasts. Amp boosted her speed and reflexes while Vertigo began assaulting Psycho-Pirate with her powers.

?Oooo?this is not what I thought I?d be doing today when I woke up?.ugh!? Psycho-Pirate fell over narrowly avoiding a blast from Validus. But as soon as he landed his stomach began to lurch feeling the effects of Vertigo?s powers.

"Hi, there!" Shadow Lad's blue eyes showed through the inky blackness of the shadows cast underneath him.

"AHHHH!" Psycho-Pirate jumped backward and into a direct blast of pink lightning which fried him into unconsciousness.

"Grr?.I knew you should?have put them down! GRrrrrr!!!" Shurtoaga the Taker's gruff voice growled through the pain.

"One down. One to go! Validus pour it on!" Tharok commanded.

Validus hesitated for a moment letting his blast lower in wattage as he looked at Mendalla, wanting to follow her lead more Tharok. That momentary hesitation allowed Shurtoago the Taker all the time he needed.

"ARHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Shurtoaga the Taker screamed releasing all of the energy he had been collecting from Validus? blasts.

The giant pink energy washed outward instantly knocking all of them over.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Everyone screamed out including Validus.

Shurtoaga the Taker stood their his breath heaving as he stormed over to the unconscious body of Psycho-Pirate and picked him up, tossing Psycho-Pirate over his shoulders.

"Uhh...not so fast..." Tharok tried his best to stand drawing his blaster.

Shurtoaga the Taker looked at Tharok with disdain.

"Please boy. Take your leave. You are beaten." Shurtoaga the Taker spoke calmly but his free hand glowed with energy ready to strike again.

Tharok?s eyes glazed over before he fell over in pain.

"Good choice." Shurtoaga the Taker said simply and walked away carrying Pyscho-Pirate on his shoulder.

Last edited by Omni; 06/06/21 07:04 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 06/06/2021
Omni #1003318 06/06/21 07:49 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hours later:

"Uhhhh...I'm never drinking again." Tharok rubbed his head.

"We didn't drink you sajqukwa!" Amp sat up rubbing her head.

"Too bad. Then I'd at least be happier about feeling so awful." Tharok mused.

"Did we win?" Shadow Lad asked.

"No. But they are gone. Left hours ago. I can't smell them anymore and I tracked them until I came to a clearing. I'm guessing they got on a ship and left." Beast Master answered from a rock nearby in the form of a Gallcian, startling the team.

"Glad that tracking came in handy after all." Live Wire tried to smile at Beast Master only for him to have to grab hold of his head.

"We need to get you all back to the Medical bay back on Anndranna." Beast Master ignored Live Wire's humor.

"We can do that. Once any of us can stand again." Live Wire laid back down rubbing his temples.

"Did we ever end up finding out what they were doing here?" Vertigo asked while she tried to meditate the headache away.

"Something called Calcuha's Crystal. But the names all I got before we started fighting them off." Mendalla said while she patted Validus' leg while she propped herself up against him.

"What I want to know is how we survived that blast?" Shadow Lad felt his body melting into the shadows in between the tiny blades of grass he laid upon.

"That would be me. I confused Shurtoago the Taker's bio-electrical senses and made him think that he created a massive blast but in reality, the blast he created was nothing more than a few thousand volts which would only knock us out. I closed down his output regulators." Mendalla offered up waving her hand in the air.

"Thank you for the quick thinking." Amp waved back to Mendalla still unable to sit up after trying several times too.

"Hey, Beast Master?" Live Wire called out.

"Yes?"

"Could you keep watch over us while we all nap here for a bit... I don't think any of us are going to be moving for a while." Live Wire barely rolled over onto his back.

"Of course." Beast Master responded before turning his back to the team while he watched the woods and the field of giant blades of grass, the winds gently blowing the blades back and forth. A gentle reed-like sound wafted on the air that hummed and put the team at ease. The setting violet sun giving way to a sky filled with stars and asteroids that passed through the night sky.

Last edited by Omni; 06/06/21 07:51 PM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 06/06/2021
Omni #1003374 06/08/21 01:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
worst traits magnified! brilliant! well written Omni, it was like a thriller with a slow reveal that suddenly made sense. I like how Mentalla and Amp among others started to question Garth, but also that he was questioning himself already (to show his deeper experience)

Tharok checking out his butt was hilarious lol

Wow you right Mandalla's powers really well. Having her sort of mind-meld with Validus, and confuse Shurtoaga (i misspelled it i'm sure, i'm sorry!) was excellent! very creative! I also liked seeing into poor Validus' mind for a bit

Amp amping up her intelligence, nice!

I like your determined Beast Master... better than mine lol, mine is just annoying!

Omni #1003413 06/08/21 06:26 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you IB!

I was worried i didn't make it slow enough or exaggerated enough to come across for each of the characters.

Thank you with Manndalla. her powers are hard for me to visualize and so i really wanted to try and give her a work out.
Yeah poor Validus but after this mind meld maybe he's going to be getting some more attention.

Hahah. No worries. You have no idea how many times i found out that i had mispelled Shurtoaga during my edits. i fear i may have even missed a few. autocorrect wanted it to be "Shortage." laugh

More soon!

Omni #1003429 06/09/21 01:15 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
lol it's always tough with names like that wink

You did it masterfully, I thought it was just Garth being anxious about his transmutation powers at first!

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Vol. 2 Update 7/3/2021
Omni #1004303 07/03/21 08:54 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Anndranna:
Roll Call:
Gossamer -Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation
Quicksand - Wel4d of Rigel9 - can turn solids into liquids and vice versa
Swap - Gil Swanson of Earth -able to switch peoples powers at will, must touch person to do it. Flight. Invisibility

Gossamer sat inside the MHS Headquarters commissary by herself, stabbing away at her tray of nutrient-rich glop. The commissary wasn?t too busy this time of day; it allowed for more space in-between the tables, something Gossamer enjoyed. Gossamer looked around distracted before the floating tables and chairs began auto-adjusting for the influx of officers and visitors to start the lunch rush. Swiftly more floating chairs and tables erupted from the small holes in walls zooming into place. Sentients quickly filled up each seat.
"How can you eat that stuff?" Quicksand asked slid into the floating white chair across from Gossamer.

"Hmm? Oh, this is one of my favorite snacks from my pod days." Gossamer shrugged continued to fill her mouth.

"Pod days?"

"Uhmmm...oh...I was creat?" Gossamer began before realizing her mouth was full.

"Slow down a nano. We've got time." Quicksand smiled broadly.

"Sorry, what I was trying to say was that I was created in a pod. My people didn't think it was necessary to give me a room or well...real food. But when I had done extra well in my tests, they would give me this as a treat. It has an extra additive that gives it this...I think it's called strawberry flavoring. Wanna try it?" Gossamer held out her slender alabaster had with her shinning spoon filled with the pink and green glop.

"Uhmm...thank you?" Quicksand gently grabbed hold of the spoon and slowly brought the glop to his mouth, his lone large black eye blinking a couple times as he caught a whiff of the glop's smell which did smell like Earth strawberries, but it was mixed with another smell he couldn't identify as anything other than garbage.

"Good, isn't it?" Gossamer smiled at him.

"Hmmm?" Quicksand smiled big with his mouth full before swallowing hard.

Gossamer smiled again and then slowly started eating hers again.

"So, how are you feeling after those missions? Pretty scary there in the dark...and that uhmmm what did they call him Tangled-Web...and then Mordru?" Quicksand said with a shiver while still keeping a smile on his face.

"Yeah...it was pretty scary. But we made it out alive, which is always a plus." Gossamer tried being cheerfully, but it was hard.

"Gossamer, Can I ask you something?"

"Please, call me Ayrla when we're not on missions. It helps me feel more normal and, of course. You can ask me anything." Gossamer's frizz ball of puffy white hair shook gently around her head as she spoke. While tiny sparks of electricity flew between tendrils of hair randomly.

"And you can call me Wel4d...Ayrla...you talked about wanting a life away from the academy. What do you think that life would be like?" Quicksand asked as he pushed his food around while his large black eye looked back at Gossamer.

"Hmmm...I think I'd like to live somewhere small...a place where I can always see the stars and a sky that's wide open for me to fly in?" Gossamer smiled for a moment, thinking about flying through the open air when she looked down at her flight belt. Her smile, unfortunately, faded a little bit after that.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing really...I mean, I miss my powers and flying. Being weightless..."

"Please don't take this wrong way, but I had honestly forgotten you had those powers and thought the lighting was yours. I mean, you use them really well." Quicksand gave a small smile revealing his slightly crooked teeth.

"Thanks! I've been practicing. Although, Ayla says I need to put in some more work..." Gossamer's smile returned.

"Well, I'd be more than happy to train with you?" Quicksand blinked rapidly; several times before looking away in embarrassment.

"That would be great. Maybe we could go for dinner at the Entertainment-plex. I've been wanting to go for a while. But not much time or well anyone to go with..." Gossamer trailed off felt her stark white cheeks get red hot with her own awkwardness.

"I'd love that!" Quicksand shouted a bit louder than he meant to.

Gossamer was startled for a second before she smiled and began to laugh. Quicksand relaxed a bit and started laughing as well. Before either of them knew it, they were holding hands again just as they had in the dark corridors of the space-freighter.

Across the commissary, Swap left the auto-chef line with a tray of his favorite foods and a bowl of pink and green nutrient-rich glop. He had checked to see if Ayrla was on a mission and as luck would have it, she was here on a break. He had been avoiding her ever since the power switch he performed on her and Spark*.

"I hope Aryla accepts my apology for ignoring her..." Swap walked 'through a sea of sentients making his way to the white puff of hair he saw from across the room.

"Yup, she's here...Ok, practice what you want to say to her...Hi Aryla, I got you some glop, your favorite. I hope you can forgive me..." Swap stopped in his tracks once a few more sentients cleared out of his eye line. He saw Gossamer she was sitting with Officer Quicksand.

Swap watched for a moment, his eyes turning shades of blue as the color traveled up to his hair. Then Swap saw everything, the two of them laughing and holding hands. Swap dumped his tray into the closest trash receptacle and began to walk out of the commissary. With each step, he faded from view until he was completely invisible.

*Note: Swap switched Spark and Gossamer's powers during a training mission months ago and has been unable to switch them back.

Last edited by Omni; 07/03/21 09:10 PM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Vol. 2 Update 7/3/2021
Omni #1004304 07/03/21 09:18 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hi all,

just want to note to everyone that Vol.2 started with A New Beginning. Sorry for the last minute change and hope it doesn't cause any confusion as from here on out it will be labeled with Vol 2. Below is how its set story wise.

Vol 1 - Re-entry to the End of the Cybernetic Invasion
Vol. 2 A New Beginning to current. (once Vol. 2 ends I'll update with another Post to mark when the change over happens.)

Hope you all enjoy what I have coming up!

More soon!

Last edited by Omni; 07/03/21 09:43 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 VOL 2. Update 7/03/2021
Omni #1004305 07/03/21 10:37 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Captain Allon's Office:

"Computer, how many members of the MHS squad are on the planet at the moment?" Captain Allon asked distractedly.

"Of the 50 team members, 31 are on the planet. Those out on missions are The Xanthu team of Monstress, Kid Quantum, Dreamer, Star Boy, Blind Spot/Turtle, and Atom'x. While Live Wire, Tharok, Validus, and Amp are en route back from Jeudoel. Nightwind, Ferro, Blast-Off, Sunboy, Reflex, and Neptune are on Cybernetica. Chameleon, Blizzard, and Gear are on their way back from Earth." The A.I. reported.

"That's great. Can you please call those on the planet to the MHS meeting room?"

"Yes, Captain Allon." The A.I. responded.

"Gim did you just call a meeting?" Sergeant Erin's holo-image popped to life before Captain Allon just as he was about to enter the jump-tubes showing her inside the Mission Monitor room.

"I did, Shvaughn. I think we could use a meeting. It has been a while since I've gotten to check in with the team. I haven't even had a monitor duty shift since we moved to Anndranna. I've been in meeting after meeting with various delegates and construction staff and President Chu has been extra inquisitive about our missions. I think I've sent more reports to her in the last month than I ever did to any Captain I reported to as a rookie Sci-cop."

"Gim, I've sent you reports, as has Gigi. I know you have read every mission log since we've arrived on Anndranna by the read timestamp that, is on every one of them. Maybe you should let the team have a moment to relax. Just like you should."

"Relax? Haha. That's a good one Shvaughn...ok how about this, I'll do holo-calls with a couple today and schedule a proper meeting later." Captain Allon knew Sergeant Erin was right. He could use a break before the rest of his day got away from him.

"Fine. It's better than nothing. I've got an incoming call from Live Wire and the Jeudoel team. You take the call and get the mission debriefed. Also, I've already contacted officer Vi to let her know you have some free time." Sergeant Erin's mischievous smile grew.

"Are you my mother now? Haha." Captain Allon grinned before heading back to his desk to take the call.

"Maybe." Sergeant Erin replied with a wink before her hologram fizzled out.

Several minutets later...

"Wait...Live Wire are you saying Mordru had agents on Jeudoel? That's a United Planets world. That violates the treaty. How were they not instantly warded off like every other world?? Captain Allon's face was filled with confusion and fear.

"We don't know Sir. We've been racking our brains trying to figure out why. Their membership with the United Planets hasn't expired, they aren't a new world to the United Planets..."

"Captain, I hate to interrupt but could it be because of Shurtoaga the Taker?" Mendalla asked a holo-screen with her short black mess of curly hair messily surrounding her face. Her green-blue holo-glasses shifting on and off as their power was still returning.

"That's the god-like being you faced?" Captain Allon asked, his fingers gliding across his holo-keyboard as he typed the name into the database.

"Yes, sir. I personally didn't think he was real. He was a boogie man to me on Takron-Galtos as a child. Instantly Mendalla cast her eyes down to the floor, ashamed of her "homeworld"."

"But isn't he from Heruta?" Captain Allon asked confused.

"I need to reread her file" Captain Allon thought to himself.

"Yes, I was born on Takron-Galtos, making it my home..." Mendalla trailed off, embarrassed.

"Heruta isn't a United Planet world..." Captain Allon saw the look on Mendalla's face and didn't finish his sentence.

"Heruta was obliterated, Captain." Amp jumped in her holo-image popped forward from the background. Her hand on Mendalla's shoulder allowed her friend a moment to collect herself.

"Mordru blew it up just after my mother had been incarcerated at Takron-Galtos. Everything about my mother's homeworld was gone. My entire family was gone...so when My mother passed away, I had nowhere to go the academy was the only thing that allowed me to leave Takron-Galtos. With no homeworld to return to and being a minor, I was stuck there..." Mendalla's crestfallen face didn't look up once as she spoke.

"Mendalla...Tari, when you get back...if you want, I want you to head to the visa office and start working on making Anndranna your homeworld. This is your home now, and I hope you know that.? Captain Allon did his best to encourage her. He just hoped she took the advice.

"Thank you, Captain." Mandalla did her best to straighten up and not let her eyes fill with tears.

"Captain, I'm sorry to be abrupt, but we have a god-like being running around working for Mordru, looking for something called the Calculha's Crystal, and is able to invade United Planets Worlds, which is against the treaty we have set with him." Amp began trying to steer the conversation back to the mission and away from Mandalla, who was clearly upset.

"I'm going to have to do some digging...maybe the President has more information. Once you make it planetside, I want you all to take some time and rest up. It sounds like you had a rough mission. I'll see you when you get back."

"Thank you, Captain. We should be back on Anndranna within the next few hours. A couple more slipstream jumps to make." Live Wire said before saluting and signing off.

"Now, we have a god-like being to contend with too? If the ultimate Sorcerer wasn't enough." Captain Allon ran his bare hands through his short brown hair, gently shaking his head before he began to rub his temples.

Last edited by Omni; 07/03/21 11:15 PM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 VOL 2. Update 7/03/2021
Omni #1004310 07/04/21 06:53 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Poor Mandalla. Nice thread here re her Takron-Galtos citizenship, but you gave her a nice backstory too

Amp is stepping up

Ah this is a different Quicksand! Makes sense Gossamer would miss her own powers. The flight rings haven?t been extended to the rest of the squad and cadets eh?

Swap is jealous? hope he can deal with this in a constructive manner

Omni #1004401 07/06/21 08:54 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Hi Omni, I just wanna say...Psycho-Pirate! Brilliant!!

I really enjoyed that little adventure, and it was great getting to see a glimpse of Validus' inner self! I am very intrigued to see how this develops...

Some nice teen soap opera shenanigans with Swap, Quicksand and Gossamer too...and I also liked the subtle development of Mandalla's backstory too smile

Omni #1004526 07/10/21 04:58 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hey All,

thank you for the kind words.

I'm glad you've enjoyed this little adventure. Validus will have a spot light again. Gotta work it out a bit more. But hopefully soon.

IB, the legionnaires are keeping the rings for themselves at this time. I don't think I've mentioned this in story and that's my bad. But the team hasn't connected to the feeds, info grids of the MHS without high cloaking and security protocols. Their working to keep their secret as close to the chest as possible for the general public and to keep themselves from possibly getting hacked.

I'm really glad Mandalla's working for you guys as she might get a little more attention.
If I had MHS leader elections i think Amp would be a prime candidate.

I hope you guys like the soap opera aspects because I think I've got a few more post that may get pretty soapy.
More soon!

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 VOL 2. Update 7/10/2021
Omni #1004527 07/10/21 05:54 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Zerrox:

A bright beaming yellow sun shined down across the landscape of Zerrox. The green-silver treetops of the Duida forest glistened, the gentle winds rustling the leaves. The Mordru paced back and forth across a small clearing that was surrounded by stumps. The locals call it "Truncus Crux", a place of great power on Zerrox. Mordru waited for the return of Shurtoaga and the Psycho-Pirate. The shinning sun above Mordru slowly left the skies as it filled with grey and blue clouds. Bright white sparks began to form in the clouds spreading out across them. The sparks jumped from cloud to cloud, their momentum building to create a giant bolt of white-hot lightning rushed down from the sky. Its jagged energy branched out striking each of the stumps that outlined the clearing. Seven stumps for seven tendrils of lighting. Slowly the energy from each tendril began to merge, creating a wall. Mordru stopped in his tracks when a smile grew across his face. The blinding white light cast shadows across his face while he turned around, looking for its creator. Gradually a muscular figure began to form from the energy until the energy form revealed itself as Shurtoaga the Taker and the unconscious Psycho-Pirate slung over his shoulder.

"Shurtoaga."

"My lord. Here is your "magic finder." Shurtoaga the Taker tossed the unconscious Psycho-Pirate to the ground. The wall of energy finally coalescing into their two forms. While smoke wafted from both of their bodies.

"I am assuming this means you did not find Calculha's Cyrstal?" The smile faded from Mordru's face instantly.

"No, my lord. We were interrupted by some children and a giant beast."

"Children and beasts? Did they look something like this..." Mordru snapped his fingers and an image of a group of children all clade in uniforms with shinning belts looking ready to fight.

"Not the same ones my lord, but the ones we faced had belts similar to the ones in your conjuring." Shurtoaga the Taker bowed his head.

"These...children are part of the dreadful Science Police that ?Protect? the United Planets. My forces have been coming up against them more and more...they remind me of those damned superheroes I faced centuries ago."

"Uhmm...my head...ahhh my lord! So good to see you again." The Psycho-Pirate slowly stood up and gave a flourishing but wobbly bow.

"Pirate...where is the crystal?" Mordru rolled his eyes at the show.

"Not in the Giga-Astroid Belt, that much I know!" Psycho-Pirate exclaimed.

"Obviously. Then why did you have me send you there?"

"See my lord, it was there. I sensed its power there. You said it was lost to you after a battle in the Giga-Astroid Belt. Turns out the asteroid belt has changed...namely theirs a planet there."

"Jeuldoel, yes I know I am well aware. How else do you think I sent you there. I tapped into the magic that is leftover from my battle there. My magic."

"Is that how we were able to arrive on the planet while every other United Planets world we've even gone near has repelled us?" Shurtoaga the Taker asked not raising his head.

"Yes to a degree. My power resides within that world and even though I am personally repelled because of the magical treaty I have with the United Planets, it allows me to manipulate it to bend the rules and allow my servants to advance. But it also helps to have someone who is a member of their own council...Mr. Yan." Mordru smiled wide while he placed his hand on Shurtoaga the Taker's shoulder. In a blinding flash of white light Shurtoaga the Taker was transformed into a mousy thin-looking man with short brown hair, wearing a yellow suit jacket with thin brown stripes running down it and a pair of yellow pants to match.

Representative Yan looked up at Mordru, the white light in his eyes pulsed gently before it faded. Rep Yan stood up, a slight look of confusion crossing his face.

"How long have I been gone?" Rep. Yan asked looking around the clearing searching for his ship.

"Two weeks, my dear Mr. Yan." Mordru circled around Rep. Yan marveled at his work of transformation.

"Two weeks? What? You said you needed Shurtoaga for only a short time. I expected a day or two. Not two weeks! I must be returned to Rimbor. My duties can no longer be neglected." Rep. Yan became frantic, searching his suit for an Omnicom.

Mordru snapped his fingers, instantly Rep. Yan was at attention.

"Haha. As if you have a say. I gave you your new life. You know after you helped me destroy Heruta." Mordru reminded him.

"That may be the case. But if I don't report back, I could lose my position of power within the United Planets Council, as well as Rimbor's upper ranks, and my assistants can only do so much in my stead before others notice." Rep. Yan choked out through a strained jaw.

"Uggg...Fine. I'll return you to your ship...But I want information on those...children. For once, you'll be useful to me as Yan and not Shurtoaga...Your ship is on Vulna-5 where you left it." Mordru turned, waving his hand surrounded by an orange light that surrounded United Planets Council member and Rimbor's representative, Gorge Yan. Gradually Rep. Gorge Yan faded from view.

"As for you?" Mordru turned his attention towards Psycho-Pirate.

"I'll work on picking up the trail of Calculha's Crystal. Now that I have a strong sense of its magics I know I can find it." Psycho-Pirate pleaded, wishing he could use the powers of the mask on Mordru.

"Oh, I know you will. But you'll receive a new traveling companion once I've decided who it will be?" Mordru's face showed nothing but disgust and with a snarl, he turned on his heel and left the Truncus Crux.

Psycho-Pirate slumped down to the lush green grass finally relaxing for a moment.

Last edited by Omni; 07/10/21 06:02 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 VOL 2. Update 7/10/2021
Omni #1004528 07/10/21 07:18 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Just beyond the Truncus Crux a small owl-like creature was perched on a tree branch intently watching the proceedings. Its eyes gently glowed in the shade of the forest before it took off into the sky revealing large golden wings that glistened in the sunlight while the blue and grey clouds disappeared.

"No...he can't ever find the crystal..." Mysa thought to herself as she returned to her body.

Mysa frantically reached for her Omnicom while she checked the wards placed around her room. Her frail form bending over slowly.

"Re-enforce!" Mysa commanded of every magical ward, her eyes glowing white. She wasn't taking any chances this day.

The Omnicom's screen spun to life as it waited to connect with President Chu.

"Mysa, this is a pleasant surprise." President Chu's smiling face appeared before Mysa.

"Unfortunately, it's not as pleasant as you would think. I have news of my cursed father. I've discovered something...he's searching for Calculha's Crystal."

"Mysa, that isn't surprising. We knew he'd be looking for it the moment we found it on Jeudoel."

"Yes, but what we didn't know was how he was planning to look for it and today Jenni, I've found that out. He's using an agent of chaos...the Psycho-Pirate and various handlers..."

"Nothing my team can't handle." President Chu answered with a shrug and a smile that never left her face.

"Chu, one of those handlers is one of your Representatives." Mysa's dull red eyes burned into President Chu's.

"What?!" President Chu screamed.

"Yes, the one you call Yan is working for Mordru. That's how Mordru has found a work around for getting on to United Planets Worlds...well at least Jeudoel, seeing as his magic lives throughout that world."

"Of course it does...that's why the crystal was there..." President Chu massaged the bridge of her nose.

"Chu, you have the crystal secured, don't you?" Mysa's heart was beating fast as she waited for the answer.

"Yes of course. I gave it to the Elders of Aleph 2. They hid it for safe keeping. There is no way Mordru will find it even with Rep. Yan's help...but now I must figure out how to deal with Rep. Yan..."

"Use him to your advantage Jenni. He's been dismissed by the Dark Lord for now. Do not let on you know anything and watch to see if he is able to attack any of your other worlds. I suspect Jeudoel might have been a special case due to my father's influence in its creation." Mysa instructed.

"You are right Mysa...But I still must go. Be well." President Chu cut the transmission before Mysa could say anything else.

"Heed my words child..." Mysa thought to herself.

Last edited by Omni; 07/10/21 09:33 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 VOL 2. Update 7/11/2021
Omni #1004539 07/11/21 12:35 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Earth: United Planets Embassy: President Chu?s Office.

President Chu leaned back in her floating chair before she tapped her holo console.

"Computer, please ask my Titan Adept to come in." President Chu rubbed her temples, trying to clear her mind for this call.

"Madame President, I'm here for you. Let me connect to TitanNet. Please place your metal amplifiers on your temples." The Titan Adept made his voice soothing as could be. Placing himself behind her, he stood while he let his mind open and leave his physical body. Allowing him to connect him to the psychic web that is the astral plane. Pale green energy wafted off of his body. Gently he placed his hands on President Chu's temples, allowing the pale green energy to surround her as well.

"Open your mind and think of who you wish to contact, and I will check to see if their mental pathway is open to us..." The Titan Adept instructed, his eyes closed tight.

"Contact...Elder Xull..." President Chu thought the image of Elder Xull filled her mind.

Slowly before the two of them, a translucent figure began to appear before them. First, it was a formless blob of green energy that morphed into the colorful form of Elder Xull, who stood dressed in a long robe. Three thick stripes lined the center of the robe; white, red, and yellow, all of which traveled up to his long hat, lining it in the same fashion, up the center. His tan face was covered with thick salt and pepper-colored beard.

"President Chu, what an honorable surprise."

"Yes, Elder Xull, I am sorry for the intrusion, but I had to talk to you about...Calculhal's Crystal."

Elder Xull?s hazel eyes widened in fear at the mere mention of the mystical item.

"Madame President...I thought we agreed never to speak of that again."

"We did. But some new information has come to light. It seems Mordru is on the hunt for it, and I want to make sure that the crystal is 100 percent safe from his grasp." President Chu watched the psychic image of Elder Xull become hazy. Her concentration being interrupted by her anxiousness.

"It is Madam President. I assure you the crystal is safe and protected. We have hidden it well." Elder Xull smiled confidently and bowed.

"Elder Xull, I do not mean to insult, but I need more detail than that." President Chu pleaded.

"Answer one thing first..." Elder Xull's eyes narrowed.

"To be marked, and not know is a gift, for to be marked and known is a curse on us all." President Chu couldn't wait for him to ask his question. Elder Xull was one of the few sentients who knew President Chu's secret of being related to Mordru.

"The crystal has been transformed to a jewel that we sent to you." Elder Xull smiled brightly.

"A jewel you sent to me?" President Chu's brow scrunched as she searched her memory for any gifts she had received.

"Thank you, Elder Xull. I will look into this some more." President Chu bowed her head. The psychic energy wafting around her and the Titan Adept before the image of Elder Xull began to vanish.

"Thank you...you are dismissed." President Chu said to the Titan Adept and gave him a pained smile as she concentrated on a spell to conceal all her thoughts from him while she continued to ruminate on Elder Xull's words.

"They sent Calculha's crystal to me...No..." President Chu gasped her brown eyes widening in fear as she realized the jewel they sent her was Cadet Jewel.

Last edited by Omni; 07/11/21 12:39 PM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 VOL 2. Update 7/10/2021
Omni #1004540 07/11/21 12:36 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
hiya Omni, re flight rings not being widely distributed it may also be my fault, I could have missed it. I do remember you had a scene where the team were thinking about what to say to everyone else, after all.

nice reference to Mordru battling heroes centuries past - like the JSA smile

oh, a spy! So Rep. Yan takes the place of Shurtoaga? Or he transforms...? This was quite a twist!

Good show of Mysa's carefulness. She has to be, after working against Mordru while openly being loyal to him...

Oh, on Aleph 2... will we see Kinetix there soon?

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 VOL 2. Update 7/10/2021
Omni #1004544 07/11/21 02:39 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hi IB,

Rep. Yan and Shurtoaga are one and the same. He transforms.
Kinetix is still currently the Emerald Empress and hostage/tool of Mordru's. Sorry.
The team talked about it and Cap Allon wanted them to share it. But Brainy declined. Cap Allon has thought about making some of his own using Tharok. But nothing's come of it yet.

More soon!

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 VOL 2. Update 7/11/2021
Omni #1004545 07/11/21 02:46 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Anndranna: Anndranna Prime: Meta-Human Squad Headquarters: Captain Allon?s Office:

Vi flew up through the jump tubes into Captain Allon?s office.

"Gim? Gim? I got a message that you had some free time?" Vi looked about the office until she found Captain Allon messaging his temples behind his desk.

"Vi...Hi..." Captain Allon tried to give a smile. But it was possibly the weakest smile she had ever seen on him.

"I'm guessing that free time is no longer available?" Vi gently grabbed the floating chair in front of Captain Allon's desk taking a seat before him.

"Yes and no. I technically have free time still. But I should start looking into a new threat I just learned about."

"A new threat? Don't we have enough of them?" Vi tried to crack a joke. But Captain Allon just continued to rub his temples.

"Apparently, the Universe doesn't think so...Let's see...a giant spider sentient that is taking down starships." Captain Allon tapped the holo-keys on his desk. Instantly holograms burst to life around the room.

Vi looked at all of them before standing to read of the hologram's file feeds. Vi looked to their newest problem first.

"Then there's Shurtoaga the Taker...a god-like figure who can manipulate energy?" Vi wasn't scared. She had faced literal gods before and seen the end of all reality. For her, this was another day as a Legionnaire. But she could see the worry on Gim's face.

"Yup. A god...a literal god...then there...s his boss, Mordru, our main nemesis who has recently, from my understanding become aware of...well...u..."

"What's this one?" Vi asked, moving over to the next hologram that wasn't as refined as the others.

"That is the aggressive...that's what I'm calling them anyway...They've been responsible for riots across the U.P. They've sent threatening messages to officials. Attacked random sentients. But few have been caught. Those who have been tended to expire somehow before they can talk."

"The aggressive?" Vi looked through the file scrolled up the hologram. Seeing each report, she had the sinking feeling that a part of her old reality was about to make its presence known. But without more proof, she couldn't be sure the White Triangle was behind all of this.

"Yeah, but then they break up into smaller groups...those who hate sentients from other worlds, those who hate meta-humans, those who hate the cybernetics, and those who hate the Roboticans. There's so much hate out there. But it's all out of fear. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself." Captain Allon stood next to Vi crossing his arms.

"I think your right. It is all about everyone being afraid." Vi placed her arms around Captain Allon tried to comfort him.

"Oh, and I have someone impersonating me to the Xanthu team, and we still have a missing cadet."

"A missing cadet?" Vi scrunched her brow.

"Cadet Inferno is still missing."

"I didn't think that weighed that much on you."

"It does. I feel like I failed her. I failed her, and can't find her then, how can I say I'm doing all I can to help. There is so much that we're combating. I just feel like I can't get everything done. I feel like I can't get a sense of control..." Captain Allon's kind smile faded completely.

"Gim, I know you're responsible for...well everything and there is a lot of stress on you. But you can't control everything. You've done a lot of good for the galaxy. Take comfort in what you have done and ask for help for everything else." Vi squeezed Captain Allon's torso before leaning up to give him a peck on the cheek.

"Beep! Beep!"

"Captain Allon, oh sorry sir. Achem...you have an incoming call from President Chu, over the TitanNet. Should I tell her your busy?" The hologram image of a TitanNet Adapt appeared before Captain Allon and Vi. The two of them separating instantly while both of them blushed.

"Vi..."

"Go ahead and take the call. I'll see myself out." Vi quickly made her way to the jump tubes.

"Shall I join you in the office?" The Titan Adapt asked ready to assist.

"Can you contact Officer Saturn Girl to join me actually?" Captain Allon very rarely used the TitanNet when communicating with the President of the United Planets. He knew that if she contacted him with it, this was a private matter important enough that the only psychic he trusted to be in on this call was Saturn Girl.

"Of course." The Titan Adept gave a slight nod before his hologram fizzled away.

Last edited by Omni; 07/11/21 02:51 PM.

Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,064
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Patch Lad
Patch Lad
Mississippi
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star