Roll Call
0 members (), 124 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/28/24 03:23 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 49 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 48 49
Re: Dreamer
Invisible Brainiac #1003070 06/01/21 01:54 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
thanks again for the read and review all. Next installment might be slightly delayed, as a few things are happening -

a) a good friend is moving to Amsterdam, so I'll help her a bit with settling in

b) I am taking next steps to buying the apartment that I currently live in

c) I'm settling into my new job, already have a few projects lined up = assigned to me!

d) boyfie is getting vaccinated soon as well! I'm next. he's younger but has some pre existing med conditions (or so the letter says, but we're not aware of any!)

Invisible Brainiac #1003074 06/01/21 02:58 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I didn't know you were in Amsterdam, IB! I have only been there once but I loved it, it's so pretty smile

Sounds like the delay is all good news related anyway, nice to hear!

Invisible Brainiac #1003075 06/01/21 03:14 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
It is, raz smile I'm so spoiled here, I don't think I could survive moving back to the Philippines lol wink but all the developments are moving me closer to staying here permanently lol (taking my official Dutch language / knowledge of Dutch society tests later this year, if I pass that's the bulk of the requirements for citizenship!)

and thanks, indeed things are looking bright! smile

Invisible Brainiac #1003455 06/10/21 04:52 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
IB, I'm so sorry I've only just seen this so I'm way behind.

Loved the scene with Mandalla and Andromeda - nce to differential your telepaths and make it clear their limits - something I need to do with my fan-fics tbh, so thanks for the reminder smile Also, it's really sweet seeing Laurel open up like tis, it's a welcome bit of growth to her character.

Shvaugn worrying how to classify the mission report was clever, and Lar's concern about her safety and clumsy attempt discuss it was well done. The signal watch is a great throw-back to a more innocent time and Shvaugn's joke about being compared to Jimmy Olsen was cute. That was a really decent scene with the two very opposite characters finding their middle ground. And it's a really smart plot seed, looking forward to where you take us with it.

Nice banter between Umbra and Sensor, they should make natural allies as they both have such priviledged non-UP standard backgrounds, but I can't really think of anywhere it's been highlighted before.

I know very little about Magno so was unaware he has a sister - it's always refreshing when the Legionnaire's families are around, humanises them nicely. Trin's suggestion to Candi about accessorising was great!

I really must pick up more reboot material as i have no idea who gangster is either smile Though I definitely know who the Emerald Empress is - fantastic surprise!

Omar Magz? Another sibling? Guess I'll find out by keeping reading smile And XS saves the day! She's such a great character, I love her positivity, and restraint when she 's talking to Omar - a classic narcissist? Evvery family has one (and you know what they say, if you don't know who it is then's it's probably you). I'm hoping his ego takes a knocking, though hopefully in a way that teaches him a lesson rather than embitters him.

Well worked out betwwen Magno and Umbra that the Empress was just an illusion. And interesting that other members of Sensor's race can cast illusions. Your Umbra is much less snarkier than canon (from the limited amount i saw of her) and it's kind of nice to see.... and more characters I dont know -I willlook out for reboot issues from now on as it feels like I'm missing out on a lot of fun.

Jenni dealing with them a great speed was fun - especiallytying up Ze Tongue's tongue like that, haha.

Nice trick by Tasmia getting Licht to wear itself out, and interesting tat Candi doesn't feel pain. Sensor tricking the Undertaker was well done, I often feel that illusions are underappreciated but you showed her very easily how useful they could be.

It was pretty clear that Omar would do something stupid but trying to kill Gangster was way more than expected. NIce that Magno and XS were on hand to stop him. arrested for attempted murder? It's going to be tough for them but they had to do it.

Nice that Garth thought to check on Dyrk, and you brought up something really interesting that was overlooked in canon - how his parents coped knowing that one of their sons was a mass murderer.

Jaz and Rokk make a better couple than Lydda and Rokk in my mind, so it's great that you are keeping with that. Saturn Girl saying she wasn't reading Brainy's mind was cute, as was her little talk about trusting each other. And up pops Rokk! It'll be fun having the team find him, hopefully then Garth will stop moping about the wedding being on hold smile

Great cliffhanger there IB, looking forward to where to take us next. I really enjoy your Legion - they are young and idealistic and not half as cynical as the version I write, so it's always a pleasure to read. If you post more please do PM me and let me know as I only drop by once or twice a week these days and it's a shame to miss out.

As always, I'm here waiting with baited breath for whenever you post more, more, more

C

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #1003463 06/10/21 07:23 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
hi Harbi, thank you! I always look forward to your comments smile

Glad that Mentalla is becoming well-differentiated from Saturn Girl (and this reminds me to ensure that Tellus as well gets the same treatment!) And yes, poor Andromeda has been through a lot, and I find it fascinating to explore how she's grown up... and how she's still growing!

I'm happy with the M'On/Shvaughn developments too! I was tempted to have M'On come up with some silly harebrained scheme to protect Shvaughn, but could not think of a way to make it realistic. and it's been done many times before so nothing new there wink

The Umbra/Sensor thing is new indeed, I certainly don't remember anything like this from the canon Reboot. Sensor and Umbra got off on the wrong foot almost immediately after they joined together... but with Umbra's own growth, I felt it was natural of her to reach out to Sensor smile in canon, Umbra began softening up after Legion Lost was over (in Legion 24 she even called the Legion her family!), so I tried to carry that over into my own writing.

Gangster appeared only once in Legion Worlds 5, in case you want to look him up smile he was in the second story.

The Magz family is quite large, they are four children in all smile Omar, Dyrk, Trin and Lev. Trin and Lev only appeared in Legionnaires 53, while Omar made a second appearance in, I think, Legionnaires 55. And was mentioned again in Legion Worlds 3.

Sensor's race casting illusions is something I will need to address. There was a throwaway description of Orando in LSH Secret Files 2, that the whole race cast illusions... which I personally didn't like, as it is a fairly useful and broad power... smile Sensor's not alone, but I want to limit that power's distribution.

Glad that arresting Omar made sense... it wasn't easy adding shades of grey to this situation, but indeed Omar's words at the end tipped the scales.

Garth has been waiting for a while to get married indeed wink don't worry, Rokk won't be away for too long, I don't want to drag that out forever. Nice to see you're a fan of the Jaz/Rokk relationship! I didn't expect it when it was introduced in the Reboot, but it makes sense in a way. Lydda will just have to get over her crush wink

As for Imra, she's learned for sure wink that messing with her friends' minds earlier, no matter how well-intentioned, had consequences and was shakily ethical at best. So she continues to work hard to be worthy of everyone's trust.

thanks for the kind words, Harbi! the Reboot Legion's idealism was always a big draw for me, and I'm happy to keep it going. and thanks, will definitely PM you - so kind of you to ask!

Invisible Brainiac #1004658 07/14/21 07:41 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

VOLUME 4: MOVING FORWARD

Legion World

Kid Quantum II, Jazmin Cullen of Xanthu; time manipulation. Current Legion leader.
Nightwind, Berta Skye Harris of Earth (Iceland) and Enwa; wind and air manipulation, enhanced vision
Rebound, Chuck Taine of Earth (Canada and Uzbekistan); inflates into a durable bouncing form
Triad, Luornu Durgo of Cargg; triplication

".... and we have clearance to probe the origins of that Orandan illusion-caster that Sensor and company brought in," Triad - one of her - continued. Through the viewscreen, Kid Quantum could see Rebound sitting beside her, and the other two Triads speaking with other Carggites in the background. This was their last hand-off call before Triad would take her days of leave on Cargg. "The UP is taking this VERY seriously; if there are more illusion-casters out there, we would want to know about it. Sensor is also looking into it, but the Royal Family was similarly shocked - ancient Orandan serpents could all cast illusions, but the trait died out when they became the dominant species on Orando. Sensor herself was a celebrated throwback mutation." Triad paused, as she often did, to let her briefing sink in before continuing to the next item.

By her eyes, it was Orange; Rebound had privately told Kid Quantum that Orange was the one least eager to return to Cargg. Her personality preferred to deal with things by burying them and going inward; unlike Purple, whose initial impulse would be to lash out.

This was why Neutral was the one usually tapped to brief the team during meetings.

Kid Quantum tapped her fingers distractedly and impatiently on the arm of her seat. This was something she should take seriously, but she had difficulty willing herself to focus.

Nightwind touched her shoulder encouragingly. "Thanks, Triad," she spoke. "I think that about wraps up the other business." Though she had stepped down as co-leader, Nightwind had been more than happy to step back up temporarily. After all, with Triad (in her role as Situations Executive, coordinating much of the admin work) en route to Cargg, and with Kid Quantum expecting news any moment...

"And how is your trip going so far?" Nightwind continued.

Triad Orange looked down. Beside her, Rebound reached down to hold her hand. "Well, Cargg is almost as polarized as much of Earth was in the early 21st century," Rebound smiled. "But the movement is making headway here on Cargg. More and more Carggites agree that nobody should be subjected to these kinds of attempted brainwashing measures..."

Orange smiled as Rebound squeezed her hand.

"You're very brave, Triad," Kid Quantum smiled. She would have to be brave as well.

Orange smiled gratefully. But before she could reply, the screen in front of Kid Quantum and Nightwind flashed.

"Rond?" Kid Quantum sat up straight.

"I've gotten clearance from the UP," Rond's clipped tones betrayed hidden excitement. "We are go for retrieval!"

"Thanks Rond." Kid Quantum stood up and raised her flight ring to her lips. "Brainy, Imra, Garth... meet me in Brainy's lab!" Then she turned to her companions.

"Good luck and godspeed," Nightwind smiled.

"Sweet trinity, you'll be in my prayers," Orange added.

"Go get him!" Rebound called.

Kid Quantum smiled at all three, than flew out of the room as fast as her flight ring could take her.

Invisible Brainiac #1004659 07/14/21 07:42 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
hey all, just a small little scene to get the ball rolling on a couple plotlines... also to help motivate myself by starting them... wink

next up: what has Cosmic Boy been up to in the 21st century? and... how are things going n Cargg?

Invisible Brainiac #1004661 07/14/21 09:00 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
That's really good discussion of the Orandan situation with Sensor being kind of a throwback to her illusionist powers.

REALLY liked the centering on Triad and Orange's personality versus the others. Looking forward to where this goes! smile

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Invisible Brainiac #1004665 07/14/21 11:54 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
thanks raz! yeah, I figured I had to address Sensor's origin, as it was never explained anywhere...

and thanks wink we're going to see a lot more of the three Triads and their differences wink Lu is both fun and challenging to write because she's essentially three in one!

Invisible Brainiac #1004670 07/14/21 12:44 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
I guess for me, the interesting thing about that scene was if Chuck was more interested in Orange Lu - I know the other two were busy, but would he act similarly to Purple given her very different personality.

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Invisible Brainiac #1004675 07/14/21 02:08 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
thanks GL wink let's just say that all three Triads like Chuck because he is multi-dimensional... and he knows how to take care of 3 people with 3 very different personalities wink

Invisible Brainiac #1004686 07/14/21 09:36 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Gotta love that Chuck Taine! laugh

Invisible Brainiac #1004692 07/15/21 03:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Lu certainly does laugh

Invisible Brainiac #1004696 07/15/21 05:10 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Really nice scene there IB, with some well written character moments.

Jazmin drumming her fingers as she knows she should pay attention but it's just not getting her focus. I think I do the same actually smile

I still don't fully understand the reboot Lu, but you summed up their different characters well. So, Orange is introverted, Purple is an extrovert and Neutral is an ambivert? Am I picking up on that right? And " Situations Executive, coordinating much of the admin work" sounds like a hellish job, the poor girl. I'm interested in what you're going to come up with on Carggg.

And Rond - it'll be good to see him again, he's one of my favourite background characters so looking forward to where you take them. Imra, Garth, Jazmin and Brainy on a mission through time sounds like it will be fun.

Nice pst IB, wrapping up the last one while setting up the next few plots. As always, can't wait for more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #1004703 07/15/21 07:35 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
thank you, Harbi! Appreciate your fast read & review!

I love doing character moments, and often find them easier as I can just come up with them on the fly; i.e. as I write I imagine how the characters would react and interact. Much easier for me than plotting and outlining, as I need to then put in the planning time...

Glad it helped re the three Triads. And yes, that pretty much sums it up re Orange / Purple / Neutral.

Situations Executive was the brainchild of DNA, and I always wondered what it entailed. Poor Lu indeed, all that and missions too! (whether that remains the status quo will be seen... I do like this administrative superpower side of Lu though, and it has precedent from the early Reboot when she was RJ Brande's personal assistant/office manager... and she sometimes stepped up to fill vacuums in between Legion leader elections -- e.g. L* 37 and LSH 81

Rond is cool indeed! He probably won't go on the time trip, but he'll play a part. He is, after all, our time expert wink

and thank you Harbi, it does make a nice transition! I'm motivated for the next bits... now I just need to figure out the plot! tongue after that, the rest should flow fast. appreciate your usual support!

Triple Trouble on Cargg
Invisible Brainiac #1004743 07/16/21 08:38 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

Cargg

Rebound, Chuck Taine of Earth (Canada and Uzbekistan); inflates into a durable bouncing form
Triad, Luornu Durgo of Cargg; triplication

Cargg. A world where every inhabitant can split into three identical beings (called "selves" or "triplets"). Or so we thought, until the profile of Legionnaire Triad rose to fame throughout the galaxy. Remarkable not only for the physical differences in their eye color, but also for the almost completely opposite personality traits exhibited by two of her selves. The kidnappings of many Carggites for experimentation by Ra's al Ghul further exposed the prevalence of this among Carggites. On Earth, many rescued Carggites exhibited great differences - though few, if any, as strongly as Triad. It was also found that Carggites with greater differences tended to recover mentally and emotionally better from their captivity. Further, it was found that many of these Carggites had suppressed their differences for years; their captivity stressed them enough that they emerged once more.

Debate has ignited on Cargg due to these findings. Traditionally, differences among triplets were seen as an abomination, and those with strong differences were institutionalized and exposed to shock therapy to force them to think, act and feel alike. A growing movement led by Tatlisa Sanii, called the Divided Trinity, advocates for the abolishment of this practice and the enactment of laws that protect Carggites from discrimination based on their level of sameness. More and more Carggites are joining or supporting this movement, with 73% polled believing the institutions are inhumane. However, of those, only 24% believe they should be abolished entirely while the remaining 78% think they can be reformed... And only 18% of all Carggites agreed with the statement, "My quality of life would be identical if my selves displayed differences."

The situation remains volatile on Cargg, as off-world pressure combined with the Divided Trinity's advocacy, has forced the Carggite Tribunal to call a vote on these topics.

---- Around the UP

"Say that again, and I'll break your nose!" Triad Purple's eyes flared as she took a step towards the woman who had insulted them.

"You're unnatural!" The middle-aged Carggite shrieked back at them. One of her bodies, anyway. Two others were carrying two children away. One, the younger one, turned around to stare; his mother quickly covered his eyes. "How dare you expose my children to your... your... your filthy ways!"

"You take that back!" Purple advanced another step. Neutral stepped in between Purple and the woman, extending her arms so Purple could not throw a punch.

"You're the filthy one, you phobic prude!" Purple yelled. She scrabbled to push past Neutral.

"Get away from us!" The Carggite woman yelled. She bent down, picked up a rock, and threw it. Neutral gasped, and raised her arms and closed her eyes to protect her head.

After seconds, she heard a little boing. Opening her eyes, she saw Rebound's inflated form shielding her. The woman gasped, backing away. "Another freak!"

Rebound slowly deflated, and stood up. "These freaks help people around the galaxy, madam. We would even help you, if you were in trouble." Chuck stood silent, not advancing. "All we ask is you treat us as fellow sentients."

"Don't bother talking to her, Chuck!" Purple snarled. "I know their kind... blind, bigoted..."

"Enough, sister." Neutral called firmly as she forcibly reintegrated. Purple faded mid-step, while Orange was pulled in from where she had been cowering. "But I agree with you on one thing... talking won't matter at this point. We can open minds, but not if they're clouded with fear and hatred, like this one is." She stepped forward, placing a hand on Chuck's shoulder. "But for your sake, madam, I hope one day you open your eyes and mind... and heart. You will encounter Carggites with differences in your daily life, and you can't just go around calling them all freaks and throwing stones at them."

She stared at the woman for a few moments, making sure to show she was not afraid. Then she turned around and walked away. After a moment, Chuck followed her, leaving the woman behind them trembling.

"That was masterful, Lu..." Chuck started as they rounded the corner.

"Thanks, I... oh. It's coming..." Luornu sighed. Orange and Purple burst out of her.

Purple pointed a finger at Neutral. "How could you let her talk to us like that? She deserved at least a punch in the face!"

Orange wrapped her arms around herself and shivered. "I thought we would never have to face this again... This is why I hate meeting other Carggites..."

Purple rounded on her. "Most of the ones off-world are nothing like this one! This blind... stupid..."

"I know it's frustrating and terrifying," Neutral started. "But we can't go around punching people OR showing we're afraid, else how will people like these see that we're just like them?"

"But why do we have to keep fighting?" Orange teared up. "It's so draining..."

"I have no patience for idiots like these!" Purple snapped.

Chuck watched, fascinated, but trying not to look. Neutral had explained to him, in quieter moments, how she used her three selves' different perspectives to thresh out different angles of a situation. Her grandmother had taught her to do so when she was young... though for obvious reasons, she preferred to do it in private.

For her to argue so openly in front of him... well, that was special for her.

"Look." Neutral said firmly. "We came to Cargg for a reason - to show support for the vote to abolish those institutions. Let's just focus on doing that, then we can leave again and get away from all this for a while, okay?"

"You want to run away?" Purple threw her arms up. "There are non-Legionnaires here fighting for this, and we're letting them?! We should be at the forefront!"

"Why do we have to keep fighting this?" Orange shook her head as she bit her lip. "We risk our lives every day as Legionnaires, and some of the monsters we fight cause us less pain than this! Let others handle the politics!"

"Sisters..." Neutral sighed. "We're also fighting when we show everyone that we thrive as Legionnaires despite our differences. And Cargg doesn't - and can't - censor these newslinks anymore. Carggites see what we do every day. And it's less emotionally draining on us to advocate offworld, so..."

"Don't be a coward...!" Purple started.

"Let me finish!" Neutral snapped. "Look, let's talk about this more in private. For now, remember what we came here for."

A chastened Purple closed her mouth, and actually looked subdued. Orange swayed. "I remember... Granny is over there..."

All three Triads and Chuck walked quietly over to the headstone of their Granny Murlu.

"She encouraged us to love ourselves so much..." Neutral started.

"And she herself had differences, but we never saw them... not until... the end..." Orange sobbed.

"It's this whole stupid world, with their stupid beliefs! Granny was forced to hide who she was... and she was so brainwashed and conditioned that she couldn't relax until she was dying in front of us!" Purple shook her fists with rage.

Chuck stood beside all three, silently. He knew that each triplet needed to express her feelings on her own.

Each Luornu knelt down, pressed her fingers to her lips, then touched Granny Murlu's headstone.

Then they stood up, and Triad reintegrated - willingly, this time.

Now that she was whole again, Chuck stepped forward. Without a word, he enveloped Luornu in a hug.

"Thanks for being here, Chuck."

"Any time and always, Lu."

Triad smiled as she hugged Chuck closer. "Just... hold me a bit longer, please. I need to collect myself before we head over to meet Tatlisa..."

Chuck hugged her wordlessly, as the sunlight glinted off Granny Murlu's name.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/21/21 08:57 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #1004746 07/16/21 09:05 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
This was such a good read, Ibby. I've always been fascinated with anyone who can have a relationship with Luornu, in pretty much any incarnation.

Tons of great content and subtext here, between the nature of Lu's relationship with the other Carggites, to the raw emotional expression that purple and orange are the embodiment of, to the reveal of the graveside visit.

Its also interesting that the more emotional connection with Chuck seems to be the integrated Luornu.

I loved reading this.

Invisible Brainiac #1004756 07/16/21 03:12 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks GL! Yeah, I think dealing with 3 diff personalities in one can be challenging. and heaven help you if you mistake one for the other... imagine approaching Purple as you would Orange,

I see an integrated Lu as the balanced one, and Chuck plays to that really well smile

Glad you liked it, GL. thanks for the read and review smile really spurs me to continue this bit.

Double Date
Invisible Brainiac #1004771 07/17/21 10:52 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Earth

Chemical Kid, Condo Arlik of Phlon; controls chemical reactions
Gravity, Tel Vole of Earth (Cambodia and Thailand); gravity manipulation
Invisible Kid, Lyle Norg of Earth (Australia and Israel); invisibility

Density, Jed Rikane of Earth (Mongolia and Nepal); controls his body's density (Reservist and Cadet)

Invisible Kid poked at his pork adobo, as Gravity gushed about how well Density was doing in Academy exercises. Thankfully, most of the patrons around them didn't seem to have recognized any of them; after all, Earth was such a melting pot that no humanoid would stand out in a crowd. Most patrons were engrossed in their dishes; after all, the restaurant they were in specialized in indigenous Earth cuisines from the Southeast Asian region.

"... and Chameleon said that Jed here has made great progress in stretching the limits of how dense his body can get!" Gravity finished.

Beside him, Density had the grace to look embarrassed. "Thanks honey... say, maybe we should change the subject, I'm sure Condo and Lyle can look my records up if they want..."

"I'm just so proud!" gushed Tel, with an exaggerated downward swipe of his hand. Though his torso was fully covered, the tight fit left little to the imagination. Jed himself had on a shirt with a very low V-neck that exposed his muscled chest and the top of his abs. Lyle and Condo were both considerably more conservatively dressed, both in button-down vests.

Lyle and Condo looked at each other, and Condo raised his eyebrow. Lyle nodded. Chameleon had warned them that the dinner invitation from Tel was likely a way for Tel to lobby for Jed's Legion membership*, as Tel had made a habit of chatting up various Legionnaires to sway the vote in Jed's favor.

"Listen, Tel, Jed..." Condo began. He took a sip of his rice wine, watching as Jed and Tel both leaned forward in interest. He often used this technique in interviews, to get the subject to focus. "I was there when we discussed Jed's membership, and he did well; close, very close. But Tel, you have to understand that you won't sway the vote like this; you might just bias some of us against Jed..."

Tel's face darkened, and he opened his mouth to retort. But Jed touched his husband's arm. "He's right, you know, Tel. I love you and appreciate all that you're doing, but let's not be too pushy, ok?"

"I think most of the others see that Jed is really working hard," Lyle piped up. "And we know you're doing this because you love him, Tel. But, as one couple to another, some advice... You also want to show the team you're professional, and that your relationship won't get in the way of Legion business."

"Even Apparition and Ultra Boy work at it," Condo added. "They openly disagree with each other during team meetings... just like Saturn Girl and Live Wire, or us."

"That's really good advice, guys," Jed smiled. He nudged Tel in the ribs. "Right, Tel?"

"... right... and you're right." Tel sighed, rubbing his temples with one hand. "I remember last team meeting. Someone observing would not have guessed who the couples on the team were." He looked up, chastened. "I'm sorry, guys. I just don't want Jed to have to go away and leave Legion World..."

Lyle smiled in commiseration. "I understand. I missed Condo a lot when we were apart, too... Look, I can tell you that if things don't work out, we can find a place for Jed on Legion World. Just look at Mandalla."

Jed and Tel nodded. Mandalla had decided to drop out of the Cadet program, to take a permanent post as part of the Legion World medical staff. She still retained her Legion Reserve status, and as her post was permanent she would be treated as a Legionnaire - earning her de facto citizenship on all UP worlds, as all Legionnaires (whether Active, Reserve, or Honorary) enjoyed. This privilege was not currently granted to Reservists who were still enrolled in the Cadet program, as there was no guarantee they would remain. Her friends had thrown her a small party to celebrate, and Mandalla had been teary-eyed with joy all throughout. Spirits had been high among the Cadets, as those who could not reach active membership knew there could be places for them in the Legion's growing structure.

Visibly relaxing, Tel leaned back in his seat. "Well, that's a great point. And I'm sorry for being a nasshead. So... Tell me, how did you two meet?"

Condo grinned. It was his favorite story, how he had been interviewing Lyle, spilled a drink on Lyle's shirt, and Lyle had suggested going to his place to clean up. Lyle blushed a bit. "I'm not usually that forward," he admitted. "But Condo was just so adorable, he's so cute when he's embarrassed. See, look at that goofy grin?" He pointed at Condo, who was also blushing. "Stop it, Lyle!" Condo play-punched his boyfriend.

Jed threw his head back and laughed. "Hah! Well, that's sweet... our first meeting wasn't so sweet, we met at one of those infamous parties... you know, BanyoShake."

"Jed!" Tel snapped, visibly embarrassed. "Not in front of colleagues!" He turned towards Condo and Lyle. "We were young and wild then, we're grown up from that..."

Condo and Lyle giggled. Though neither had ever attended, Condo - as a reporter - and Lyle - as a former spy and Legion Espionage Squad leader - both had heard of the wild, hedonistic Banyoshake party. "Don't worry too much, Tel," Condo laughed. "Nobody will judge you... come on, we're all of the age of majority, and most Legionnaires have had sex before."

"Except Brainy," Lyle snarked. "He would only do that if he suddenly got interested in the subject and decided to learn more about it."

Tel snorted into his drink. "Yeah, that sounds like Brainy..."

"Oh, I don't really like gossiping about the others, but Lyle, remember when Brainy asked Ferro to make this 20th century dish called pizza because he wanted to compare its properties to hatch sealant?**

The four roared with laughter. Jed slapped his hand on the table. "Sounds a bit like poor Stone Boy's first time on a bed... he asked, "How do non-Zwennites sleep lying down?"

Laughter followed as the four began sharing funny stories about their friends. The cocktails were having their desired effect, and the four became more and more relaxed.

"So," Lyle's eyes twinkled mischievously. "How exactly did you two meet at BanyoShake?"

"Lyle!" Condo, wary of Tel's reaction, slapped his boyfriend on the arm. But Tel, after a few drinks and a ton of funny and mildly embarrassing stories of friends, leaned forward conspiratorially. "All I'll say is it involved a hammock, one of us taking too high a dose of stimulants, a dropped Umami-Ball snack..." Jed chortled into his drink. Tel continued, "And we'll tell the whole story only if you two reveal what you did on your first meeting back at Condo's place..."

Lyle looked at Condo and grinned. "We're all adults here, right?" Condo put a mildly embarrassed hand on the back of his head. "Well, only if those details stay here..."

"Deal, then," Jed leaned back, satisfied. "Well, I bumped into Tel at the bar. He was wearing..."

Suddenly, a loud bang echoed through the restaurant. Patrons and staff began standing up, swearing and screaming as the glass windows burst inwards.

Density's skin turned dark purple as he made his body denser; and Gravity's hands glowed gray as he used his power to stop the glass from falling.

"Just as I was getting comfortable with telling secrets..." Condo muttered.

"Jed, Tel, stay here and make sure nobody's hurt," Lyle said as he faded out of sight. "Condo and I will go scout out; you two follow as soon as things here are clear."

"Right, good luck," Tel said as he slowly lowered the glass to the floor. Jed began ushering patrons to safety.

As they flew out of the restaurant, Condo sighed. "At least we got to enjoy the drinks."

IB's notes:

1) LSH 93, the Legion had pizza while in the 20th century, and Brainy began comparing pizza's properties to different kinds of 30th century hatch sealant.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/21/21 08:56 AM.
What a Bombshell
Invisible Brainiac #1004798 07/18/21 02:15 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Earth

Chemical Kid, Condo Arlik of Phlon; controls chemical reactions

It didn't take long for Chemical Kid and Invisible Kid to find the source of the explosion. Besides the frightened civilians running in one direction, Science Police droids flying towards the source to lend assistance, and plumes of smoke, there was the loud yelling coming from the black-and-purple clad, yellow-skinned humanoid figure shaking a fist at the United Planets Congress Building.

"Cowards! Traitors! Backstabbers!" The figure raged as a trio of droids flew at it. "Cease and desist, or..." The lead droid's mechanical monotone was cut short as it exploded. The next two followed.

"Stop right there!" a green-skinned male security guard raised his blaster at the figure. The figure simply pointed a finger at the man. "You will die for protecting these squajjing nassheads, sitting in their ivory tower while Corvan IV remains poor!"

The guard screamed as his blaster began to spark... he threw it away, only to watch it fall to the ground, still sparking but not exploding.

"What? My power..."

"Is, apparently, to cause explosions." Chemical Kid smiled as he landed in front of the guard. "Which are chemical reactions, which I can slow down." Keeping his hands raised and pointed at the figure, Chemical Kid addressed the guard. "That was brave, but you can help us more by ensuring everyone in the building is far from the entrance. Have them take cover." The guard nodded and ran off.

Condo turned to address the figure. "Now what's this about Corvan IV? The UP and the Legion have been sending regular aid, including medical and disaster relief, expert development consultation... I was just there myself last week, helping enhance the soil for agriculture. What are you going on about?"

The figure spat. "It's not enough! You waited so long to help us. And you have dozens of our brethren in jail... like my sister Izaard..."

Condo held out his hands. "Izaard... she was the leader of the group that attacked this same building...."*

"And she's been languishing in jail for years now!"

"Look..." Condo said. "Your sister and the others were jailed for attempting to murder the people in this building. But we did listen, and we are doing something for Corvan IV... you have to understand, are resources are not unlimited... What's your name?"

"I won't tell you!" The figure snarled and pointed its finger at the gates to the Congress building. Condo reacted quickly, using his powers to retard the application of any heat or shock to the gates. He realized his error too late; nothing was happening. A feint?

Condo didn't have time to react as an explosion sent him flying off his feet. Using his flight ring, he twisted his body so he would land on his side instead of on his face; the impact still caused him to land with a grunt. Groaning, he tried to push himself up. It had all happened too fast; he hadn't been able to keep airborne.

"You think I have to point to use my power," the figure gloated. "I just need to think. Like this."

Another explosion sounded, this time above Condo. He looked up in horror to see some tree branches falling towards him. He willed them to rot faster; they began to, but not quickly enough to spare Condo from unconsciousness.

"Now, back to my original target..." The figure turned back to the UP building. But before it could move closer, it felt a ringing pain at the back of its head. It collapsed like a sack of beans.

Invisible Kid faded into view, and quickly leaned down to check the figure. Pulse and breathing were ok. Lyle unceremoniously dumped the figure back on the ground and ran to Condo. "I swear, if you've hurt him..."

Lyle felt himself being thrown forward as the ground rumbled beneath his feet. He tried to will his flight ring to keep himself in the air, but he felt the air beside him ignite. He yelped in pain; but before he could catch his breath, another explosion sounded from the other side. Then another. He was being tossed around like a rag doll!

Finally, the explosions stopped, and Lyle crumpled to the ground. But how? He was sure...

Another figure emerged, this one taller and bulkier than the first one. It leaned over to check the first one. "I expected you wouldn't kill my little brother..." This one said. "I won't extend you the same mercy." The newcomer stared at Lyle. "You will be the first example."

"Sprock it," Lyle thought. The back-up they had called for hadn't arrived yet... He faded from sight as a precaution, hoping it would throw his attacker off long enough.

"I don't need to see you to blow you up, you know." The ground near Lyle exploded. Lyle grit his teeth, trying not to scream and give off his position. But the explosions came loud and fast, and his ears were ringing. He banged painfully into what remained of a parked hovercraft.

"Found you," his attacker loomed above him. "And now..."

Lyle shut his eyes. If only...

"Aaaaah!!" Lyle opened his eyes in surprise, to see his attacker screaming in pain. Even stranger, his attacker's arm was bent behind its back; like its arm had been wrenched backwards and dislocated.

"Who did this!?" The attacker screamed. Then its other arm was also twisted back!

Lyle flew towards Condo. He didn't know what was happening - he could think of a few Legionnaires who could do this, but now his main goal was to get to the Legionnaire here who could stop the bad guy's power. He flew towards Condo, ignoring his own pain and the screaming behind him. As he reached Condo, he fished in his belt pouch and pulled out some reviving fluid. He brushed the tree branches off Condo, held his head up, and opened the vial.

"Five more minutes... wha?" Condo sat bolt upright. "Ow!" he winced as he held his head. "Forgot that I was clobbered by a tree..."

"Condo, use your power..." Lyle paused. There was one more possibility. Maybe his savior was not a Legionnaire, but someone else... Someone he had thought dead, but whom he suspected had saved him some time ago, from Charma**. Someone who could have been here virtually undetected... "Use your power on the whole area around that brute. I have a hunch..."

"Yes, bossy bee, I'll do what I should have done earlier." Condo focused, slowing down the chemical reactions that relayed signals through the neurons of his attacker. The hulking figure stopped thrashing about, and began to stand still.

But a second figure came into view... one Lyle knew very well. A dark-skinned young man, about his exact age, with curly black hair streaked with white. Lyle was right; it was someone with invisibility similar to his, earned from an invisibility serum; and Condo's power was able to block the chemical reactions caused by said serum.

"Jacques?!" Lyle gasped.

"I don't believe it..." Condo whispered beside him.

Jacques Foccart froze, terror in his eyes. "Lyle, you don't understand! You can't see me. You can't know!"

Lyle stepped forward. "I can help you, Jacques, dammit!"

"No, you can't. I've already exposed myself too much. Please... let me turn invisible again."

Lyle's heart froze. Jacques... his brother... But... Jacques must have a good reason for hiding. He wouldn't, otherwise. He had to trust Jacques, who had saved him tonight. "Condo, please stop using your power on Jacques."

"I... okay." And just like that, Jacques turned invisible again.

"Jacques," Lyle pleaded. "Give me a clue. Something that I can use to track you... and bring you back home."

The silence that followed was deafening. Lyle wanted to cry. He had been so close...

Then he heard a whisper. "Goblet. Your memorial."

Then the silence returned.

Lyle stared for a second. Condo stepped beside to touch him. "Lyle..."

"I know, honey. But first things first..."" Lyle turned to Condo, looking him in the eyes. "We didn't see Jacques tonight. This won't change until we get to the bottom of this. Luckily, nobody was nearby. I'll ask Gear to run a check on any surveillance feeds, to see if there's any evidence of Jacques... and then..."

Lyle surveyed the scene. "Once we get treated, we're going to trace that clue."

Condo nodded. Then he turned towards the two offenders. "We should secure them..."

Condo was interrupted by a bluish-white triangular portal flashing into existence. Kent Shakespeare, Violet, Inferno, Ultra Boy, Gravity and Density and others stepped through. "Oh my stars," Violet gasped. "I'm so sorry we're late."

"Clearing the area of civilians took longer than expected," Density apologized. He looked sheepish.

"We had to wait for back-up too," Gravity looked sour.

"Eh... you're just in time for the clean-up," Lyle shrugged. Condo knew better than to react; Lyle didn't get to be Espionage Squad leader without learning to act.

"Yeah, though I'm glad to see you, Kent," Condo poked the doctor with his finger. "We've got our bumps and bruises..."

As they followed Kent Shakespeare back to the Thresholds leading to Legion World, Condo glanced over at Lyle. Though his face was serene, Condo saw Lyle tug his earlobe. He was already thinking of their next steps.

Condo smiled inwardly. They were going to get Lyle's brother back, somehow.

IB's notes:

1) Legion 1, a group from Corvan IV threatened to kill UP delegates in the building unless the UP committed to send aid to Corvan IV.

2) Legionnaires 66. Jacques and Lyle were boyhood friends, who joined the UP spy program together. Charma used her powers (to control the minds of men) to force Jacques to take Lyle's invisibility serum. Jacques was thought dead; however, he saved Lyle from Charma by releasing Lyle's bonds. Lyle suspected Jacques was there, but Jacques didn't reveal himself. We later see Jacques' point of view - he survived, but his invisibility was different. He could not be detected by anything - he didn't even have an audible heartbeat. But using his power puts so much strain on his body, that repeated use could kill him. Jacques works for Black Hole, a UP top secret spy organization, because they have medicines that can keep him alive.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/21/21 08:56 AM.
Comments
Invisible Brainiac #1004802 07/18/21 03:15 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hi IB,

So glad to see that you've gotten a chance to further this story.

Its interesting that Sensor just like Shikari was seen as a throw backs but in different ways. Shikari was treated as an outcast because their society changed while with Sensor she was praised seemingly because they felt they lost something. Maybe another Legionnaire for Sensor to connect with on another level.

loved seeing how chuck knows Lu so well. Triad's been with the team since the beginning so its interesting to see how Triad's roles work within the team, like neutral being the one to brief the team. I have to agree with your comment that Lu is hard to write for. But it can give some really good personal moments, which you've shown well and Gaseouse Lad makes a good point about Chuck. I hope we get to see him interact and handle for lack of a better word, each of them.

I wish Nightwind would change her mind and stay on as co-leader.
Haha. I don't know why but I couldn't help at laugh a little bit at the team cheering Kid Q on to go get Cos.

Loved that opening describing Cragg and the turmoil it is in. It's hard to get away from things that have been with a culture for so long. No matter how horrible. But the willingness to change is important. So here's to hoping they can!

that scene with the Lu's confronting that older Craggite woman was really well done. I'm glad no one was hurt! Rebound was right, Lu's response once she reintergrated was masterful. Loved the argument between the Lu's. It showed so much about who they are and interact with each other. You present each argument so well, that i found myself unable to find one I agreed with most. They all made great points. We never got to see Cragg's reception to Lu in series. So its really nice to see. It was so easy to assume that all of the legionnaires' home worlds were proud of them.
i have to note that the three ways the Lu's think, feels like the debate we as humans have everyday about how to fix our world.

The moments with Lyle, Condo, Tel, and Jed was nice. I liked that they got to the point and told Tel to drop the campaigning for Jed and that this brought out just how much the couples amoungst the Legionnaires are still their own people. especially with Jo and Tinya. sometimes that didn't always seem like it.
You really don't like to let the team relax to much do you? lol laugh

Good work Condo! I liked that he tried to talk down the attacker with the facts.
Loved the action of this scene. i could picture it so clearly, with Lyle being bombarded and bounced around by those explosions.
You had me scared for a moment there with both Lyle and Condo. I was worried this might be the end. But I'm glad we're getting some more on Jaques. I wonder if he tails Lyle because he wants to help or because he's being forced to....
the tug on the ear lobe is great. its small things like that, that show Lyle's mind and spy experience.

Can't wait for more!

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/21/21 08:55 AM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Comments
Invisible Brainiac #1004803 07/18/21 03:52 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
hi Omni, thanks for the read and review! will definitely be trying to write more regularly, so many more stories that can be told smile

Nice observation on Sensor and Shikari as parallels / opposites. Could also be related to Sensor being a royal, and Shikari not. Lots of material here to explore.

Chuck will definitely get time with all three Lus smile

Most of the team are hopeless romantics, so they were happy to see Jaz go get Cos. And Cos is also highly respected smile

Berta... well, I love her, and I think she makes a good leader, but she will have a tough time shaking the takeover of Legion World by the Monitor smile

Also rooting for Cargg to change wink there's hope!

glad you liked that scene. That older Carggite woman speaks like... well.. like some real life people I know. And thanks! Lu can be hard to write, but cana lso be easy in the sense that Orange and Purple are so different... and as someone who debates with himself a lot, I can appreciate using three perspectives to make the best decision. So you hit the nail right on the head with your description!

With Jo and Tinya, I am also trying to take them away from being too close to one another wink lol. there's more to them than their relationship wink and I thought it would be cute having the two gay couples together for a bit. Tel definitely needed a wake-up call! I'm rooting for Jed, but Tel needs to know how he comes across smile

I wish the team could relax a bit more, but I saw this meal as an opportunity to bring another subplot forward wink

thanks! glad the action worked. I was struggling with an enemy that Condo could affect, but would still be dangerous... someone that causes explosions let me get both lol. and Condo's experience as a reporter/journalist comes in handy with the talking down part smile glad the drama worked too!
there's definitely something stopping Jacques from just going with Lyle... wink that was real fear on his face.

And yeah, I figure I've had Lyle mope and worry about Condo a lot in Volume 2 and 3... now it's time to highlight his spy past a bit more wink and tie up a plotline from way back, re Jacques!

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/21/21 08:52 AM.
Back to the Past
Invisible Brainiac #1004885 07/20/21 09:29 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Legion World

Amp, Ming Sul of Earth (Korea and Taiwan); amplifies the natural abilities of self and others
Brainiac 5, Querl Dox of Colu; 12th level intelligence and force field powers
Inferno, Dirk Morgna of Earth (USA and Russia); pyrokinesis, can see heat signatures
Kid Quantum II, Jazmin Cullen of Xanthu; time manipulation. Current Legion leader.
Live Wire, Garth Ranzz of Winath; electricity generation and manipulation
Saturn Girl, Imra Ardeen of Titan; telepathy

Rond Vidar of Earth (Greece and Iran); scientist specializing in time studies

"So..." Inferno bit his lip. "Brainiac 5 and Rond are staying here to monitor us... through time?"

"In a way," Brainiac 5 said with the patience of one used to explaining things repeatedly. With practice, he had gotten better at regulating his own impatience... he had learned that sarcasm often rattled his colleagues, making his work even more difficult. "We can't actually pick up signals through time. What we can do, is home our time machine in on Kid Quantum's time field..."

"But only if it's boosted, which is why I'm here, right?" Amp finished.

"Yes," Brainiac 5 said, trying to hide his mild annoyance at being intimidated. Amp, after all, was new as an Active Legionnaire; so knew that she was still a bit insecure about her place on the team.

"If you boost Kid Quantum's powers, we can identify the exact time that signal is coming from... but you also need to ensure you're using that homing device," Rond Vidar finished.

"And unlike last time, I am staying here in case something goes wrong with any of these inventions," Brainiac 5 finished with some satisfaction. "After all, I invented the first time machine..."

"And I think you hated the 21st century more than any of us," Saturn Girl finished with a smile.

"Hmph," Brainiac 5 shook his head. "What's there not to hate, between my inability to blend in with the locals, being inflicted with that pest Koko, and your attempts to disguise me by nearly making myself overheat!*"

"Speaking of overheating," Inferno asked. "I'm hear because I'm fireproof, and you don't know how violent or temperamental this other Inferno might be." As Kid Quantum nodded in confirmation, Dirk continued. "Yeah, I get it, when we were fighting Regulus she was... fiery." Live Wire groaned in protest, while Amp rolled her eyes at the bad pun. Dirk was unfazed. "But... how do we know we'll find her?"

Garth chuckled. "You don't know Cosmic Boy that well yet, do you?" Dirk shook his head. "Remember that male pyrokinetic we found, who was looking for Sandy Anderson? Cos was really guilty about leaving her behind..."

"... and was looking for ways to time travel and retrieve her," Kid Quantum finished. "Rokk is so stubborn..."

"So best guess? When he realized he was in the 20th century, his initial thoughts were to find a way to get home, and to find Sandy," Imra finished.

"You really should think about changing your code name," Amp teased. "Now we have to keep calling HER Sandy, and you Dirk."

"I like my code name," Dirk laughed. "And she's not around here to use it... though I guess if she does come back to us, I'll have to give some thought about changing it. Hotshot's taken though... maybe Hot Stuff?"

"Ugh," Amp made a face. "Don't get ideas, trust me, you're not THAT fit!"

Dirk made a show of pulling up the top of his costume. "Excuse me! Have you seen this muscle tone?"

"Ahem!" Brainiac 5 coughed. "If you're all ready, please step into the time machine..."

Amp, Inferno, Live Wire, Saturn Girl and Kid Quantum piled in. The first two were ecstatic at going through time - they began giggling about how others like Echo or Mentalla would be so envious! - while the last three were focused on the mission.

"Don't forget to stay together, and whatever you do, don't loss those homing devices," Rond reminded.

"I'm sure we'll be fine," Kid Quantum smiled. "We have both of you geniuses here." She waved as Brainiac 5 activated the time machine...

... and the five hurtled through the timestream. Jazmin barely registered the bright colors though; she was intent on getting Cosmic Boy as fast and possible to minimize any damage to the timestream... and thinking of how to make him come back, if he insisted on finding Sandy Anderson.

IB's notes:

1) Koko was a STAR Labs research monkey, who attached himself to Brainiac 5 (Impulse 21/LSH 93). Brainiac 5 kept him until Koko stayed behind on Tenazor-4 with a colony of alien monkeys (LSH 121). Brainy would never admit it, but he did miss Koko

2) The laughable attempt to disguise Brainiac 5, was by making him wear layers and layers of clothes to hide his green skin... on a rather warm day.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/21/21 08:51 AM.
Mystery Inc
Invisible Brainiac #1004890 07/20/21 11:14 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Earth

Chameleon, Reep Daggle of Durla; shapeshifting
White Witch, Mysa of Zarrox; sorcery

Theena of unknown; attached to a symbiotic alien able to open "viewscreens" allowing communication across distances

"I've checked on Mordru. My accursed father is still imprisoned and dormant," the White Witch said, her normally kindly face hard as steel. "Where he belongs. Now, what makes you think someone would revive him?"

"I'm not sure of that yet..." Chameleon explained, half-thinking. "Apologies if I seem distracted, but I'm trying to piece it together..."

"If you walk me through it, I can help you," Mysa said.

Chameleon sighed. "On Earth, a mystical stone was stolen from the Philippine mountains. And we suspect something was stolen from some Cambodian ruins, as well. We suspect a Sklarian, called Kono, did it; but attempts to find her have turned up nothing. And we can't very well just visit the Sklar Asteroid Belt looking for her, so I'm trying to follow this up from another angle..."

"And you believe someone is collecting magical artifacts for...?"

"I don't know," Chameleon admitted. "It's just a hunch, we only know for certain of one stolen artifact."

Mysa stood up. "Well, I do not want to leave any stone unturned. If someone is out there stealing magical items to try and awaken Mordru, I will stop them. Send me the coordinates, and I will visit the Philippines and Cambodia, try to determine if anything was there, what it was, and what it could be used for-"

A viewscreen opened, and Theena's cheerful voice called out. "White Witch, to the Threshold Chamber, we need you!"

Mysa sighed, both at being interrupted and at being called elsewhere. "I will inform you of my findings." And with that, she flew off, leaving Chameleon and the viewscreen behind.

"Well, she's a woman on a mission," Theena laughed. Ever since taking on permanent Monitor Board duty as a permanent member of the Legion World support staff, she had become so much more animated. Violence never suited her, and her abilities weren't meant for fights, anyway. She had blossomed as she had begun to see all the good she could do. "Bye Cham - no missions for you yet, enjoy your break!" Then she winked out.

Reep shook his head. He had a puzzle, and he could not relax without making headway...

"Cham... Reep..." Reep's head shot up with a scowl, then his face softened into a smile as Invisible Kid came forward. "Lyle, what's up?"

"I need your help." Lyle sat down. "I need you to help me decipher a clue."

"To what?"

Lyle sighed. "It's a long story... involving a missing individual... and... Condo is the only one I've ever told all this about, but you've heard snippets before."

Reep nodded. Lyle's easy charm masked a very private individual, especially when it came to talking about past failures. It made sense that only Condo would know. "I have time," Reep added, putting the magical mystery out of hid mind for now.

"It will be easier if I start telling you while we head towards Condo," Lyle continued. "This all started during my Earthgov days..."

Lyle started going over the facts as they walked through the corridors of Legion World...

... and with every word, Reep became more and more absorbed by this new unfolding mystery.

Comments
Invisible Brainiac #1004891 07/20/21 11:41 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Finally caught up!!

I was wondering when we'd get back to the pilfering we saw on V&Z's vacation! And Jacques! I love where this is going - it seems like we have some plots coming together here!

I agree with Omni - it was cool seeing Condo & Lyle at dinner and funny to watch their reaction to the prospects membership "campaigns!" smile

GREAT action scene with Condo and Lyle.

And the Legionnaires going back to get Sandy! I had kind of forgotten about her! This should be interesting. I like the idea of Dirk snagging her codename as well as the alternates!

Page 30 of 49 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,975
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Tymann
Tymann
Riverside, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star