Roll Call
0 members (), 33 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 58 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 57 58
Re: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
Quislet, Esq #1006270 08/28/21 08:37 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Thanks all. Its that time of year, so the property manager can't get someone in to look at it until Wednesday, unless there's a cancellation, so hopefully there will be!

And then its either a simple problem to fix, or they need to replace the entire system - either way, getting parts for AC units has been difficult for at least a year.

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Quislet, Esq #1007544 09/26/21 07:51 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I had to call an ambulance for my mom today. She's been delirious since this morning, doing things like trying to wash her feet in the washing machine and using her lighter on her cellphone because she couldn't remember the pass code.

I think she's been using too much of her medication, or they gave her too much to use.

I felt like garbage when I left her at the emergency room. She kept asking for one of her pain killers and I wouldn't give her one. I let things get like this and I am a horrible son.

Quislet, Esq #1007581 09/27/21 06:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
No. A horrible son doesn't call the ambulance in the first place and gives her painkillers when you know she shouldn't. A horrible son doesn't give a damn and would feel no guilt. If you are feeling like you could have done better and wish you had then you care and that is the moist important aspect of all.

Quislet, Esq #1007608 09/28/21 01:48 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
I don't know of anyone who hasn't felt guilt about thinking they've not done enough, that they've missed opportunities or feel they got things wrong. In tough moments, hindsight works overtime to connect up points where we think there were opportunities to have changed something, anything. But that's not how it works in the present. As stile says, we can only care for others, look out for each other and learn as best we can as we go. Doing that, which is just what you've done, makes it so much better for those people you care for than any number of other scenarios. She's with the people best placed to treat her. Beating oneself up about it is what pretty much everyone does in these situations. So bear in mind you're not alone in doing it, or that it's a unnatural way to be feeling, or that in some way that you've done worse than anyone else. Because you haven't. Take care Sarky, and let us know how your mom is getting on.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Quislet, Esq #1007629 09/29/21 01:22 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
+2 to both replies above. You're not the medical expert here, how would you know she's been using too much meds / they gave her too much, without seeing obvious signs like this. You called the ambulance when you had to... and giving her painkillers is a medical call. You did what you had to.

Hope she gets better soon.

Quislet, Esq #1007641 09/29/21 08:33 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So.

She has an infection in her bloodstream, coupled with a fever is probably why she's been acting this way. I thought it was just her cancer meds and... other stuff she's been taking, but I guess that was part of it.

She checked herself out of the hospital Monday night and it was a giant screaming match between me and her.

Tuesday morning the hospital called and told me about the infection and that she needed the rest of the antibiotic treatment or this might kill her. I somehow managed to get her up and got a friend to bring her to a hospital in the city connected to where she receives chemo. I told the assistant of the cancer doctor she sees about what was going on over the phone. I visited her last night and she was exhausted, but she knew what was going on.

God I'm so tired.

Quislet, Esq #1007657 09/29/21 02:38 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
Thanks for letting us know Sarky. Yeah, you must be exhausted on lots of levels, but you've done really well.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Quislet, Esq #1007664 09/29/21 08:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Rough stuff. Hang in there. You're doing good.

Quislet, Esq #1007681 09/30/21 08:29 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
She has an abscess on her kidney and needs a blood transfusion. I'm B- but I don't know if mom shares my blood type, and my brother doesn't know his type because he's useless.

Okay so mom says they won't need me for a transfusion so they can probably handle it, but mater and sibling are both getting on each other's nerves and that means they're on MY nerves.

God I'm gonna take tomorrow off from work.

Last edited by Sarcasm Kid; 09/30/21 09:21 AM.
Quislet, Esq #1007692 09/30/21 12:33 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
Be sure to look after yourself, as well as looking out for your Mom, Sarky.

Quislet, Esq #1007780 10/02/21 08:02 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
hug to Sarky. Hang in there! You're doing the best you can!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Quislet, Esq #1007781 10/02/21 08:03 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Y'know, working in retail really sucks these days. Apparently, no one wants to work. Applications trickle in. Most people who apply don't answer the phone or return your calls. People don't show up for interviews. Some call to say they can't make it for the interview or have found something else on the same day they applied. Others disappear after getting thru various stages of the hiring process. Existing associates call out a lot. You worry about the reliable ones feeling overworked and possibly having enough.

What is going on? Are people gaming the unemployment system? I thought that was being rolled back. Is it the checks people are getting for having small children?

I just don't get it, and it really sucks.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Quislet, Esq #1007804 10/03/21 02:39 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
indeed, hang in there, Sarky.take time off for yourself too, so you can be fresher for your mom.

Lardy, I sympathize and empathize - it's especially annoying when someone applies and ghosts. At least they should have follow-through, it's very tough and disrespectful to a potential employer.

I remember reading up about it - apparently a lot of people took time during the pandemic, to realize they can make money in other ways + that many retail customers are terrible, so they're looking elsewhere. It's an industry problem. it's not just the low pay, some people are moving to jobs with equal pay - but the conditions are better (i.e. more control over their time, less exposure to demanding and potentially dangerous customers).

https://www.businessinsider.com/ret...1-5?international=true&r=US&IR=T

https://www.vox.com/22545398/jobs-quitting-retail-workers-pandemic-sales

Quislet, Esq #1007815 10/03/21 04:13 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
In my industry we have videos from people at the top, kindly interupting their golf, pointless meetings and schmoozing events to get us to transition back into office life. After all, why should we get to enjoy anything that they have? I've not missed any of it for a second.

Quislet, Esq #1007835 10/03/21 08:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I found that CEOs who are all ?nobody can be productive at home? - are extremely out of touch. Like, not everyone can afford to pay for cleaners and servants and chauffeurs? some of us have to do our own laundry and cleaning and cooking!

Quislet, Esq #1007940 10/05/21 08:41 AM
Substitute
Substitute
This year is just garbage. My grandmother who I was living with and taking care of died over the summer, my mom had to put my childhood dog down a few weeks ago, and I recently found out my other grandmother had a minor stroke. I would like everything to stop happening at once.

Quislet, Esq #1007942 10/05/21 09:20 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Supragirl, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Life is cruel like that, so many losses happening at once. Any time you need to vent further, I'm here.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Quislet, Esq #1007950 10/05/21 03:39 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'm so sorry, supragirl. sending hugs and good vibes

Quislet, Esq #1007964 10/05/21 06:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
That's a lousy run Supragirl. Thinking and praying for you.

Quislet, Esq #1007972 10/05/21 07:21 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Hugs, supragirl.

Quislet, Esq #1008018 10/06/21 01:43 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
So sorry to hear what you're going through Supragirl. Any one of them would be tough, but to have them all together is really rubbish. Postive thoughts heading your way...

Quislet, Esq #1008889 10/26/21 07:31 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Fair warning for a rant building here. So I haven't used this forum for personal biz, but here goes.

Against my better judgement I re-joined Twitter again a few months back, mainly to see what's going on in the world of comics in a more real-time fashion to be able to hear about things more real time and maybe even expand my view into the world of Legion fans. As I've said elsewhere on this board, I tend to avoid social media generally, as I watched most of the platforms turn into cesspools of misinformation. But everyone's there.

So anyway, I start the new Twitter account and I scope it down pretty well by just following Legion & comics related users. And I had a great newsfeed. Super positive, actually, showing that if you curate your newsfeed well enough, you can have a pretty decent experience. I *did* have a bit of a run-in with ComicsGate folks but they were easy enough to ignore and move on. But it was going great - hell, I even got re-tweeted by Gail Simone and Neil Gaiman a couple times.

Then on Sunday, I noticed that one Legion fan I follow retweeted, with a comment about Dawnstar, the message from another Legion fan whom I followed but I couldnt read, and I go to click the source and the guy has blocked me. The guy who literally references the Legion in his screen name blocked me. And I have no idea why. Politics seems to align. I'm a big Legion fan, and he posts great content. I haven't seen one negative discussion about the Legion in the last few months. People saying they don't like this or that, but nothing offensive from what I've seen. I certainly don't think I posted anything offensive and CERTAINLY nothing truly worthy of being blocked like the Comics Gate folks. But mostly I'm disappointed that some guy who calls himself a Legion fan would give me a digital F U when I literally did nothing except (from what I can tell) comment that I didn't think Bendis was all that. And I thought I was specific enough to say that I was talking about his WRITING. I could care less about the character redesigns. And that's what I'm assuming this is all about, but I just don't know.

Whomever you are out there, you can get bent. If someone loves Bendis' Legion, that's fine, do your thing. But don't cancel me just because I'm not the perfect Legion fan in your eyes. For someone who calls themselves a Legion fan to cut someone off from participation about the Legion is fairly immature for a grown person. Its called diversity of opinion. As far as I'm concerned, this Twitter user isn't a Legion fan at all, and he should be ashamed for calling himself as such.

On a social media platform, if you believe in what the Legion stands for, you block misfits like the Comics Gate jerks. You don't block other Legion fans for no reason.

Last edited by Gaseous Lad; 10/26/21 07:31 PM.

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Quislet, Esq #1008899 10/27/21 01:58 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'm sorry GL, and big hug being blocked is always an unpleasant experience, I find that many people nowadays overuse and misuse it. I've had some annoying experiences on this and that dating app too...

it's a them thing, not you. you know you are A-OK in our books!

Quislet, Esq #1008902 10/27/21 07:16 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Thanks, Ibby.

At the end of the day, its just internet BS, and Twitter BS in particular. And yeah, its definitely a them-not-me problem.

I just figured Legion fandom was better than that. And I think it is, generally. But lesson learned.

Last edited by Gaseous Lad; 10/27/21 07:17 AM.

Quislet, Esq #1008908 10/27/21 12:06 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I?ve seen some awful Legion fans as well. I just tend to expect better, as the Legion (in my mind) always stood for acceptance and diversity (The Reboot mentions this several times). smile so I get the disappointment

Page 49 of 58 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 57 58

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Rusty Shackleford
Rusty Shackleford
Palm Bay FL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star