Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:35 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Young Justice general thread
#1008582 10/20/21 08:35 AM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
So with the appearance of the Legion in Young Justice S4, I thought I'd start this thread, as I'm bingeing S3 in prep of watching the new season to get the aesthetic again (I had seen Seasons 1 & 2 when they originally aired).

So far its interesting, but not quite AS interesting as I thought.

There is a lot of Interlac speech going on with al the New Gods running around and what not.

Even Rimbor makes an appearance.

At least we have several weeks of regular Legion appearances to get us through the holidays!

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Re: Young Justice general thread
Gaseous Lad #1008592 10/20/21 08:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The only good thing about season 3 is Will and Lian

Gaseous Lad #1008606 10/21/21 07:36 AM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
I did enjoy them, but I enjoyed a decent amount out of 26 episodes, especially the last several. But a lot of it was a slog, for sure. I definitely didn't care for the "social media" angle of a lot of the stories.

I was surprised that Vic Stone's origin was here. I thought he had been shown earlier, but I guess not.

Last edited by Gaseous Lad; 10/21/21 07:36 AM.

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Gaseous Lad #1008617 10/21/21 12:57 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I loved the first season.

It was the best thing I'd seen from DC, and managed to not cater to nostalgia for either PAD's Young Justice, nor the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans, despite cherry-picking some of the fun elements from both, and re-imagining them with some tweaks (martian blood being the source of Beast Boy's green skin and shapeshifting? Genius!).

Later seasons have kind of time-jumped forward, and I feel like there's a lot of 'missed stories' potential for spin-offs or attending comics to be able to fill in at various points, if anyone wants to do so, since there are months, possibly even years, 'between' seasons, into which all sorts of 'season x.5' stuff could be set, dealing with stuff that happened off-screen, like Kaldur taking over as Aquaman.

I don't love the later seasons as much, but I still like it enough to wait to watch it every week until after the latest episode of Titans has dropped, so that I can watch a new episode of Young Justice: Phantoms to sort of 'wash the taste out of my mouth.' smile

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Gaseous Lad #1008620 10/21/21 01:42 PM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
I pretty much completely agree with all points there, Set. I was really taken with the first Season all those years ago as well, and noted the time jumps - for example, the next Robin after Dick becomes Nightwing is Tim, but there was certainly a Jason in between. And there was a 1 year gap between seasons 2 and 3, and three took place over 6 or 7 months, I think? I appreciate the acknowledgement of time passing in these universes.

I'm not as versed in the world of the New Gods, so S3 was fun for me to consume on that level, but overall it was just OK. And I feel the same about Titans. What a disappointment this last season turned into. Well, at least tonight is the last ep from S3! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,182
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
brigort
brigort
PEI, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star