Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 41 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 40 41
Re: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
#100999 03/14/07 05:22 AM
Leader
Leader
Yeah you can post the image directly on here but maybe in your own thread? We'd All love to see more smile

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#101000 03/14/07 09:02 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Congratulations on that one, Cru! I especially liked learning more about Psyonia and Bob the Cat, one of your great breakout characters! The whole thing brings in a nice fantasy element to counterpoint all the sci-fi and superhero stuff we've got going on. The social division and isolation among Psyonians also makes for a nice comment on our own society. Well done, Michael!
Thanks. In all fairness, I gained alot of inspiration for Psyonian society from various fantasy series that I've read over the years. I threw a few ideas together and added my own elements to the mix

I'm liking Bob more and more myself. I hadn't really intended to do much of anything with him originally, but the more I wrote him the more I liked him, and he's kinda taken on his own voice.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#101001 03/14/07 09:31 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I'm really liking Cobie's "Psionic Spear" story. I just have one question.

When Eryk drinks from Rockhopper Lad's Energy Drink (which all LMBers carry with them), is that he drank from Rocky's because he didn't have one with him, or did he drink from a special energy drink that Rocky has concocted and all the LMBers now carry?

Maybe it's a special Pyngwyny blend?

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#101002 03/15/07 11:22 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Well, I figured that at that point Stealth and Eryk had no special energy drink left after being in space for awhile (and on a long quest away from supplies), but perhaps Rocky's drink has some additional special qualities that he put in there himself. That seems like it could be a cool little tidbit!

Really glad you're reading it John! smile

#101003 03/15/07 12:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm currently on page 2 of Psionic Spear, and plugging away. It's hard to focus here at work, so I might just try to print it out and take it home. For some reason, people feel compelled to interrupt me when I'm at my desk wink

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#101004 03/15/07 01:14 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
[b] Congratulations on that one, Cru! I especially liked learning more about Psyonia and Bob the Cat, one of your great breakout characters! The whole thing brings in a nice fantasy element to counterpoint all the sci-fi and superhero stuff we've got going on. The social division and isolation among Psyonians also makes for a nice comment on our own society. Well done, Michael!
Thanks. In all fairness, I gained alot of inspiration for Psyonian society from various fantasy series that I've read over the years. I threw a few ideas together and added my own elements to the mix

I'm liking Bob more and more myself. I hadn't really intended to do much of anything with him originally, but the more I wrote him the more I liked him, and he's kinda taken on his own voice. [/b]
Hey, there are few, if any, stories that are wholly original anyway! Mostly, it's about execution. And I feel you executed really well there, Michael. I would certainly encourage you to explore Psyonia further in the future.

And more Bob's definitely a good thing!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#101005 03/15/07 01:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Maybe I'll do a Bob and Piddlin Pup one-shot wink

#101006 03/15/07 02:18 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm currently on page 2 of Psionic Spear, and plugging away. It's hard to focus here at work, so I might just try to print it out and take it home. For some reason, people feel compelled to interrupt me when I'm at my desk wink
Can't wait to hear your thoughts Cru! And those pesky co-workers...I hate when they want to talk to me!

#101007 03/15/07 02:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I can't even imagine what it must be like for you, Cobie. I'm nowhere near as legendary as you are wink

#101008 03/16/07 12:12 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Just finished MageWar, Cru!

I’ve got to say, this is one of my favorites you’ve written to date! Definitely a candidate for *the* favorite. As usual, its your use of casual dialogue between all the LMBers and company that plays up so well the easy-going friendship between them all no matter how serious the situation. Of course, you *get* Cobalt and Crujeckie better than anyone and how much underlying respect and trust there is that goes unsaid between them—I really enjoy reading your scenes with them! I also love how you use Beagz, Nighty and others, and I really like seeing Crusader in action. Its cool to think that Maxx has been a part of LMB lore for about six years (LMB time) by this point, so of course he’d be extremely good friends with the LMBers Crusader is closest to. I can just feel you smiling when I read Bob the Cat’s dialogue.

I loved how you delved into Psyonia and the various aspects of it. It really had a fantasy feel to it, and you were able to balance that well with it existing in the 31st Century as an important part of the UP. The various types of powers the Psyonians have the ability to tap into is fascinating, and I like how you’ve explained how its caused some tension and loneliness in Psyonian culture.

Which leads right into the heart of your story, with the mages and the true nature of the familiars, which I found to be an awesome twist. Especially how Bob the Cat decided to continue to serve the Royal Family, and what the familiars tap into on Psyonia. Bearath makes for a great villain, and I’m sure now he’ll be a recurring one. He reminds me of a Psyonian Voldemort…I’m really interesting in more of his story.

Also, I loved the character of Lizbet, and how connected she is to the Crujeckie/Crusader/Maxx trio. Her ongoing rivalry with Crujectra and her seemingly seductress ways will prove very interesting when she appears again.

#101009 03/16/07 12:12 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I can't even imagine what it must be like for you, Cobie. I'm nowhere near as legendary as you are wink
Though my ego likes such stroking, I know a fellow legend when I see one! wink

#101010 03/16/07 10:20 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Oh cool! A pinup! Please do!

I added a short piece for the PCG. With ads!

edit: btw, I decided to use the actual Legion villians as opposed to the LMBized versions since their names are less than "family friendly".

edit: D'oh! Somehow I mixed up pin up with one-shot. I have no idea how I did something like that. It's a cool idea though, I haven't seen any new art out of Cru in quite a while.

#101011 03/19/07 04:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I just finished reading Psionic Spear. Good stuff! Pretty epic storyline, and even though I didn't know the backstory of some of the characters (I don't often get to read some of the longer story threads), I felt that enough was explained that it got me on the same page.

Lots of stuff happening, and lots of set up for future plots, as well. And everyone got a chance to shine and take point in the story.

I feel the urge to send a certain emporer to bed without supper, though... he's a bad boy, indeed!

I think LMBP Plaza's Hall of Fallen Heroes will need to open a section devoted to fallen allies. If nothing else, it gives us a reason for more statues wink

All in all, it was good stuff!

#101012 03/20/07 01:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Oh cool! A pinup! Please do!

I added a short piece for the PCG. With ads!

edit: btw, I decided to use the actual Legion villians as opposed to the LMBized versions since their names are less than "family friendly".

edit: D'oh! Somehow I mixed up pin up with one-shot. I have no idea how I did something like that. It's a cool idea though, I haven't seen any new art out of Cru in quite a while.
Look no further than the 80 page Giant, YK. Your wish is my command (well, this time, anyways wink ) I have another in mind, but we'll see smile

#101013 03/22/07 05:16 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It's catch-up week for FC at Bits. smile

I loved Mage War. Spellbinder has built up a complex society for Psyonia with different power-types, gives us an interesting explanation of familiars, a magic-mystery story and, of course, some chick trying unsuccessfully to get her claws into Cobie. Fewer of the trademark Spellbinder one-liners in this story, which I've always enjoyed, but the Princess is still in full command of any situation.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#101014 03/22/07 10:01 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah, I kinda left the zingers more for Bob this time around, thinking that maybe both of us shouldn't be smart-asses wink

#101015 03/22/07 02:31 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Guys, I posted a story on 80PG which chronicles a vignette from when Cobalt and Lardy were at the height of their womanizing ways. I hope no one finds it offensive or misogynist. More than anything, it's a comment on how far the pair have come since then, as they are both now in monogamous relationships. And really, I tried to make it clear that they were major a-holes then, too, and there's a twist at the end to turn it back on them.

It's meant to be light, silly entertainment, but if it sounds like something you'd be offended by, I'd recommend you steer clear of it.

Later!

#101016 03/22/07 02:52 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I've got to say, the stories in teh 80 pager have been extremely kick-ass as of late! I hope to see more!

Tamper--Colonial Wellesley is now one of my favorite LMB supporting characters of all. I *need* to know more about his adventures. I can practically hear his voice and see his face.

Rocky--Old Dutch's origin was great! She definately had some of the best lines in Omnia, so I'm looking forward to more appearances.

YK--love, love, love seeing the Primary Colors Gang, and I liked that you used the Fatal Five. I hope we see more stories from you, especially since the 80 pager won't be closing anytime soon.

Cru--you've probably given the best explanation for the Cobie/Crujeckie relationship for those that might not understand it. I like seeing the LMB ladies interact like that too.

Lardy-- lol hysterical! Truly inspired, with some literal laugh out loud moments! And it is so in tune with the traditional role of Cobalt and Lardy in tag team and LMB stories. Love the inclusion of Jose Luis Garcia Lopez, who was important part of LMB lore back in the day (and remains one of my favorite artists in real life). All this and you hinted at various things in LMB continuity too!

#101017 03/22/07 03:01 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Man, it was purely unintentional, but "Nothing Sacred!" works well as a companion piece to Cru's "Ventura" story!

Crujectra says, "he's sown his wild oats," and then...BOOM...we get a story that exemplifies just that! And I didn't even read Michael's story until after I posted it!

Weird, huh?

#101018 03/22/07 10:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
More Colonel Wellesley?

I originally was going to introduce the Colonel in Omnia. Now that I have my notes back from my old computer I can present that story in 80 page giant after a bit of reworking.

Unfortunately that's all the Colonel stuff that will be told for the moment.

I have a longer Onevision (with no Colonel) I've been working on (about 65% done). Between that and the real life demands on my time it means the Colonel won't be appearing again for a while.

Now if we could commission some art of the good Colonel. laugh

#101019 03/25/07 08:24 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thanks Cobie and Cru. Feedback means a lot since I really don't write much. I have a LOT more fun with the PCG as ex-super villians than I did trying to make them bad guys way back when.
..and I've finally found a "Blue" that works. He'll be around.

#101020 03/27/07 05:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
What a wonderful beginning for the LMB 80-page giant:

Cobie's sad plight of Gladys the sentient disco ball
Stealth's Amora the babysitter (why don't they all speak like that?)
Miner's short short stories
Colonel Wellesley's quest for Tamper Lad's sacred books (Hey! He forgot Das Kapital!) and a tale which has made me swear off vanilla pudding forever
YK's clothes-shopping Fatal Five, with a fast-talking Sea Monkey ad
Sketchy's tale of Schemer Lass - and the lead-in to Spafinger!
Rocky's barnyard heroes/Old Dutch origin

And the more serious stories : B rescuing Frio (please continue Cali!)
The nefarious plots of Tempus
Chuck & Tony (great new origin for Bouncing Boy!)
Pov flinging gold coins around, who was really Seahorse - two of the most beloved LMB heroes
and a wonderful story for this R.J. fan in the character of Engine Joe.

But who is Angra Metternich? I must have missed a chunk of LMB history. (MUST READ OMNIA!)

I like to imagine that I would be playing billiards with the girls on Ventura but to call Cobie a pig? I must have been joking!

Congratulations to everyone who is participating. I've got two more stories to read through and hope to see more!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#101021 03/27/07 10:00 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Actually, FC, you won't find Metternich in "Omnia". He/She/It was a big part of last summer's "Invasion!" roleplay event! If you have some time on your hands, use "search" on the MMB and look for "Invasion" as the key word. Of the numerous threads, Metternich was most heavily featured in "Dark Oval Embassy" and the eponymous "Invasion!" thread.

However, "Omnia" is more highly recommended as it reads as one huge story, and it gives you a feel for what all happened in Invasion as it segues from that event's aftermath into its own huge mega-story. Give it a few pages, and you'll see it come together! laugh

Thanks for the kind words for "Chuck and Tony" and "Interview" with a legend. In LMB continuity, Brande is both the LMB's Superboy and its R.J!

When you read "Nothing Sacred!", well....it's differnet...from the other two! laugh

More Chuck goodness is on the horizon as well...

#101022 03/28/07 05:16 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks for the tip, Lardy! I've got more catching up to do than I reckoned - but Omnia is definitely on the list.

A big nod to Set for his expansive and delightful Emerald Legion. It really was like an alternate universe, with so many interesting twists on familiar characters. The Rokk-Garth-Imra triangle was very believable. Their core characters from the Legion comic were there, but they seemed more like real people with more complicated relationships. I had a good laugh over Lydda's re-imagined beehive - but it was pleasing to see her with a very strong character for a change.

Although he only had a short appearance, Orin Fex was one of my favorites. He was pretty snooty in the DnA series, and came across even better (or worse) in your story, with supporting comments from other gossipy diplomats.

I always like to see backstories and explanations for the way things are, so it was very cool to have bits like the Venegarians with limited spectrum eyesight, not to mention the insights into the history of Braal, Winath and Titan.

Just one negative comment: I know it must have taken a long time to put all of Sarya's words in green, but I found it very hard to read against the blue background of my screen.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#101023 03/31/07 10:08 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Thanks for the kind words, FC. This has been a lot of fun so far.

I'm enjoying everyone's contributions also. There is so much talent around here!

FC raises a good point, though. Invasion, Omnia and now this have all added quite a bit to LMB history in a fairly short time. Perhaps the History of the LMB thread needs to be updated (hint, hint, Cobie wink ).

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
Page 17 of 41 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Neemers
Neemers
Oregon
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star