Roll Call
0 members (), 42 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 41 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 40 41
Re: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
#101399 07/09/12 10:25 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thanks, Abin! I am so glad you dug it.

Your characters are so much fun to explore because they not only have "tentposts" of established history, but also these wonderful mysterious gaps that make the reader go, "hmm... I wonder what happened there". Thanks so much for letting me fill in a bit of My Whee's past.

And Ibby... seriously, dude... your cameo scenes are AMAZING!

They are so good, and really show how much legwork you must have done before writing them. So many good ones, but my absolute favorite was Crymsun acting as a "catalyst" for Raging Bull. Just a brilliant use of that powerset! nod

#101400 07/09/12 12:50 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I am almost done with "Truth and Perfection". If anyone has any feedback or would like their character to have a cameo in the finale please speak now.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#101401 07/09/12 07:39 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Exnihil:

And Ibby... seriously, dude... your cameo scenes are AMAZING!

They are so good, and really show how much legwork you must have done before writing them. So many good ones, but my absolute favorite was Crymsun acting as a "catalyst" for Raging Bull. Just a brilliant use of that powerset! nod
Thanks, Ex smile And thank YOU for your projects, which have brought so many LMBers to life. I like the cool powersets many of them have in your stories.

Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
I am almost done with "Truth and Perfection". If anyone has any feedback or would like their character to have a cameo in the finale please speak now.
Emily, sent you a PM about that plot topic you asked me about. Thanks for asking for feedback!

#101402 07/09/12 08:42 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
WHOOOO-HOOO! Phil Marlowe debuts in 'Klordny'!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#101403 07/10/12 10:32 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The story is now complete. I have no idea what I will work on next. I went to the library yesterday and got a book on the Renaissance, so I might do some more work with the setting of places like Nasger and Raltvee.

I am also currently doing research on the Mongols/Yuan for school, so if anybody wants to build up the background of the Khanate I could help.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#101404 07/10/12 02:23 PM
Deputy
Deputy
hey all,
i'm trying to get more into the fanfic arena and i would love some feed back on the story I've been working on.

it follows the Reboot legion. I'd appreciate any advice and comments!

and thanks to Razsolo and IB for all their comments and help so far!

which if anyone isn't reading anything by these two then you should!

In love with Razsolo's take on the retro legion. his stuff is better than the actual title imho.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
#101405 07/10/12 02:59 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hi, Omni.

I just checked out the first chapter of your story. I'm not as familiar with the Post-Zero Hour Legion as I am with other versions. That being said, I think you did a really good job establishing very distinct voices for such a large cast... especially for someone like myself who is more used to the Pre-booters.

Brainy, Wildfire, and Shikari particularly stood out for me as very "realistically" voiced.

And by the way, great cliffhanger in the last three paragraphs. I love a good twist! I look forward to reading the rest of what you've written.

#101406 07/10/12 03:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I.B. is currently ROCKING Lord of the Oval ...

(as is everyone) but IB's basically running the entire LMB as Non player characters! BRAVO!

Dev also wrote a particularly moving sequence!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

or maybe this will make a clapping sound if I put enough ...

smack smack smack smack smack

#101407 07/10/12 06:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks for your help Peebz. I really was wondering how to frame the whole thing, and having the three of them show up made it work perfectly.

IB is amazing in his ability to let so many shine with one sentence/sequence a piece.

Can't wait to see where the rest of my characters end up after this...or will they?

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#101408 07/10/12 07:45 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hi, Omni.

I just checked out the first chapter of your story. I'm not as familiar with the Post-Zero Hour Legion as I am with other versions. That being said, I think you did a really good job establishing very distinct voices for such a large cast... especially for someone like myself who is more used to the Pre-booters.

Brainy, Wildfire, and Shikari particularly stood out for me as very "realistically" voiced.

And by the way, great cliffhanger in the last three paragraphs. I love a good twist! I look forward to reading the rest of what you've written.
thank you so much Exnihil! i try to get the voices to be as distinct as possible.

i do have a question is this series easy to get into or does it seem to have to much baggage/references to things that have come before????

i love that Brainy and Shikari and Wildfire are your faves because i feel like i had the hardest time writing them. lol

#101409 07/11/12 12:30 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Dev, Peebz smile

Truth be told, I wouldn't have thought about bringing in the rest of the LMB if it weren't for the body of work the rest of you did.

One thing my Dark Oval co-writers particularly shine at is creating new characters! Peebz' Drinking Buddies, Dev's extended Em family and Angdar Fel, Lardy's Lard Knights and the Taylors, Cobie's Space Knights Templar, Tempest's shades, and so on...

Originally posted by Omni:

i do have a question is this series easy to get into or does it seem to have to much baggage/references to things that have come before????

i love that Brainy and Shikari and Wildfire are your faves because i feel like i had the hardest time writing them. lol
Hi Omni,

I echo what Ex said - I love how you stay as true as possible to the voices and histories of these Legionnaires. I think you've done a great job of keeping it as a continuation to the series.

PS thanks too for your comments on my stories!

#101410 07/11/12 03:58 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Originally posted by Omni:
In love with Razsolo's take on the retro legion. his stuff is better than the actual title imho.
*blush* Thanks Omni! I am about to post the first part of a multi-parter featuring the League of Super-Assassins..

I agree with the other commenters (commentators?), you have done a great job of giving everyone in your Legion their own voice, and they are all recognisably the postboot Legionnaires as distinct from any other version too! smile

#101411 07/11/12 09:28 PM
Deputy
Deputy
thank you both soo much! i really am happy that these characters stand out on there own!

#101412 07/11/12 10:33 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by razsolo:
I am about to post the first part of a multi-parter featuring the League of Super-Assassins.
Speaking of which, it\'s pretty good!

I'm a big Super-Assassins fan.

Neutrax and Lazon are fun to work with, powers-wise, although Titania and Silver Slasher seem more potentially interesting, personality-wise, and Mist Master just seems like a jerk with no redeeming features...

Supergirl's overconfidence, and unpreparedness was intriguing. Individual character arcs (such as Supergirl learning that she's not on vacation in the 31st century, and that things need to be taken seriously, and coming back for a much more competent second showing) are hard to write in a 20 page story (especially one featuring twenty protagonists and at least a half-dozen other main characters!), making fanfic like this a great place to explore such things!

I particularly like how Mon-El dealt with the same threat, using his keen intellect, and yet also taking quite a risk.

I'm looking forward to the next installment!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#101413 07/11/12 10:41 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
^ I also love how Bouncing Boy looked out for his teammates AND had excellent battle tactics. I have a newfound respect for him and Mon.

(can't wait to see new Legionnaires Nightwind and Shadow Lad in action too!)

#101414 07/12/12 05:32 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Thanks! smile

I'm really glad Supergirl's attitude is coming across! I am consciously trying to show that she and Superboy aren't just gender reversed versions of one another and that they really do approach their time in the 31st century in very different ways...

And one of the things in general I am really enjoying about writing these characters is thinking about the different ways they would approach the same problems...Mon-El, Ultra Boy, Superboy and Supergirl shouldn't be interchangeable just because they all have more or less the same powerset, so it's a fun challenge figuring out ways to show that.

re: Bouncing Boy, I touched on this in the War of the Fatal Fives thread, but I reckon Chuck deserves a lot more respect than he gets. His power is physically formidable, and I imagine teaching at the Academy would really have honed his tactics and ability to work as part of a team..

#101415 07/12/12 07:53 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by razsolo: re: Bouncing Boy, I touched on this in the War of the Fatal Fives thread, but I reckon Chuck deserves a lot more respect than he gets. His power is physically formidable, and I imagine teaching at the Academy would really have honed his tactics and ability to work as part of a team..
Bouncing's often portrayed as more of a tactical power. Like a billiard's player, it's all about setting up the angles, and having to be aware of everything around your target, since, once you get really moving, the course is fixed, so to speak. (Of course, Chuck also has a Flight Ring, and can adjust his bounces on the fly, allowing him to put some impossible 'English' on his bank shots...)

Speedball was used similarly over in the New Warriors, using his powers to disorient others and set them up for 'big gun' teammates like Nova or Namorita to take down.

It's a cool power, and, to me, gives Chuck a bit of a 'working man's hero' kind of feel.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#101416 07/12/12 09:02 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
EX, check the folder I just put up on FB. You'll find a portrait of My Whee Fem.

Enjoy!

My Whee Fem

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#101417 07/12/12 10:11 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Cool, I look forward to checking it out...

But no luck with that link, though - even logged in to FB. I think you might have the permissions set incorrectly on it or something, because I only get a "content is currently unavailable" message. frown

#101418 07/12/12 10:52 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
It works for me...

With a Power Ring...
#101419 07/12/12 11:57 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yeah, there are photo album permissions that let you share with either everybody, just your friends, or a category called "only me" that hides it from everybody but yourself. Your album probably just defaulted to that last category.

(Although why FB would have a category that lets one post pictures that nobody else can see makes no sense to me... like a lot of things on FB. wink )

#101420 07/12/12 12:26 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Okay, should be fixed.

With a Power Ring...
#101421 07/12/12 01:32 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
My Whee is GORGEOUS, Abin! Wow, wow, and wow!

Ex, I haven't read ALL your posts yet on Long Klordny, but I'm really awed at your writing style. Your voice just really shines through.

(Although why FB would have a category that lets one post pictures that nobody else can see makes no sense to me... like a lot of things on FB. wink )
I imagine it helps people into illegal dealings tongue

#101422 07/12/12 06:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ex,

I absolutely loved Matlocks Columbo speak when he first shows up. Very well done.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#101423 07/12/12 09:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thanks, Dev. I loved Columbo growing up and when I think, "rumpled detective" there's just no other voice I can hear for that character.

Originally posted by Abin Quank:
My Whee Fem
Ha-cha-cha!

I'm really looking forward to that conversation when my wife reads my story:

She - What are you doing writing romantic fiction about some cute asian girl?

Me - Oh, don't worry, hon. It's really just some fifty-something guy from Rhode Island.

She - That doesn't make it better!!!

smile

Page 33 of 41 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,253
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
saturnrings
saturnrings
durham, nc
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star