Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:35 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legion-related August 2022 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS
#1015224 05/20/22 11:22 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
click to enlarge click to enlarge

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS.THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #6

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Art and canopy by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
Variant cowl by TRAVIS MOORE
3.99 US | 32 pages | 6 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card inventory)
ON SALE 8/9/22
The blockbuster stunning conclusion to the Gold Lantern saga. Which legendary DC villain is behind this nice darkness that’s about to destroy all of the ages of heroes suddenly? Find out proper right here: all this AND the way forward for the Legion of Super-Heroes is revealed!

Re: Legion-related August 2022 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS
Nightcrawler #1015237 05/20/22 08:40 PM
A
Substitute
Substitute
A
Which legendary DC villain is behind this nice darkness that’s about to destroy all of the ages of heroes suddenly?

Are you telling me the villain of a six-issue series isn't revealed until the sixth issue? We haven't even met any minions or loyal servants or seen the effects of the actions of a possible villain. In fact this story so far doesn't even imply a villain, just a natural disaster situation like a filler episode of Star Trek Next Generation. We're on issue three right now, half way through this story-line, and both of the teams so far have just tumbled through space-holes every issue with no purpose, and nothing resembling a villain or motivation has even been teased. I feel this going to be like Kamandi in the Checkmate series and be revealed at the last minute with no clues beforehand, leaving readers scratching their heads over why it even happened.

all this AND the way forward for the Legion of Super-Heroes is revealed!

...this is the part that has me intrigued. I get the feeling this is the last story for this reboot of the Legion. Nobody except Bendis has written them outside of cameos or short stories and I don't see them being handed off to another writer.

Nightcrawler #1015247 05/21/22 06:22 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I am digging the group shot cover

Alexander #1015253 05/21/22 10:27 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally Posted by Alexander
Which legendary DC villain is behind this nice darkness that’s about to destroy all of the ages of heroes suddenly?

Are you telling me the villain of a six-issue series isn't revealed until the sixth issue? We haven't even met any minions or loyal servants or seen the effects of the actions of a possible villain. In fact this story so far doesn't even imply a villain, just a natural disaster situation like a filler episode of Star Trek Next Generation. We're on issue three right now, half way through this story-line, and both of the teams so far have just tumbled through space-holes every issue with no purpose, and nothing resembling a villain or motivation has even been teased. I feel this going to be like Kamandi in the Checkmate series and be revealed at the last minute with no clues beforehand, leaving readers scratching their heads over why it even happened.

all this AND the way forward for the Legion of Super-Heroes is revealed!

...this is the part that has me intrigued. I get the feeling this is the last story for this reboot of the Legion. Nobody except Bendis has written them outside of cameos or short stories and I don't see them being handed off to another writer.

I agree with both your points here. I'm actually interested in seeing where the Batman Beyond stuff goes, but I'm concerned that very little has been revealed as of yet as to what the source of the struggle is here. I'd think that would be revealed in issue 4, have the main fight in 5, and the resolution in 6. But we'll see.

And I'm REALLY nervous about the "way forward" line. Honestly, I'm geared for disappointment, but that's just me.

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Alexander #1015492 05/30/22 12:16 PM
Active
Active
Originally Posted by Alexander
Are you telling me the villain of a six-issue series isn't revealed until the sixth issue?

I don't know... the Earthwar saga (S&LSH v2 #241-245, my personal favorite) was five issues (a late 709's/ early 80's fat five, which would have been stretched to probably 8-10 with today's limited volume per issue), and didn't reveal the villain or even give a very strong hint as to their identity until last panel of the 2nd to last issue... which might be similar here, considering they said "proper reveal" for the last issue. So could work, assuming they put some MEAT into the last issue and don't have the entire plot resolved with one or two giant splash panels.

As for the "way forward", one would HOPE they wouldn't tease/advertise it unless it was GOOD news for Legion fans, but then they've certainly done build-up to disappointment in the past... (anyone remember Enya Wazzo during Zero-hour?)

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
Evolution Has Failed #1015503 05/30/22 03:13 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally Posted by Evolution Has Failed
As for the "way forward", one would HOPE they wouldn't tease/advertise it unless it was GOOD news for Legion fans, but then they've certainly done build-up to disappointment in the past... (anyone remember Enya Wazzo during Zero-hour?)

One would assume so, but there is good news in it having a monthly ongoing, and yet another about the direction they take and who the writer is.

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Nightcrawler #1015506 05/30/22 03:20 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm concerned that the "way forward" is to have the team, or parts of it anyway, stuck in the 21st century to try to drum up more fans for their inevitable return to the 31st century. Fingers crossed it'll be good news though and the return of a monthly, hell even quarterly comic.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #1015507 05/30/22 03:23 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Its interesting - when they did this in the 90s and split the team, we had a TON of Legion appearances across that year (96, I think). But when the team got back together, the editor couldn't get a good strategy together and the book really lost its way after LSH 100, and the sales figure show this starkly,

Anything on a regular basis would be welcome news, though.

Still wishing for the regular Anthology with stories from all the Legion eras.

Nightcrawler #1015522 05/31/22 01:10 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Oooh that's been done a few times, so I really hope we don't get stranded Legionnaires and a divided team again

After all, this Legion thrives on group scenes with all 33 rushing about together tongue

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,181
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
brigort
brigort
PEI, Canada