Roll Call
0 members (), 40 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:38 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:28 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 49 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 48 49
Re: The Wedding of the Century
Invisible Brainiac #1017618 08/12/22 02:58 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks for the message IB, greatly appreciated!

Jazmin being able to tie a bow-tie is a skillthat deserves Legion membership in itself! She also knows how to handle Rokk, his story telling would get wearisome. I imagine Lydda would just take it and adore him for all his achievements but Jaz is not really the hero worship type, is she? Still, he pays her compliments and listens to her too so he's not all ego. And nive that their relationship is strong enough that she can admit her wariness of Imra to him.

"Best Man Boy and Bridesmaid Girl, reporting for duty" - hah, and Garth is obviously stressed that he doesn't join in. And Imra asking Jaz to join her for a drink was sweet, guess she isn't as cold as Jaz thought. Nice showing the nuances of her.

Nice how you link all those small parts from canon and fit them into the story, and hinting at a future of the team where Jaz an Imra are good friends. Well done!

I know nothing about Dyrk - like, nothing! You wonder why I haven't included him in many stories in my writing smile so, I'll be scouring this for clues so I can add some realistic characterisation when I next include him. Jenni is always pretty upbeat so the two of them together would probably be hideous in real life, but they make a cute couple in fiction.

Colour co-ordinated guests, well it's certainly an idea... nice self-reflection from Dyrk, realising that his optimism isn't always appreciated. Maybe he wouldn't be so hideous IRL laugh The journalists wouldn't miss an opportunity to get pictures and interviews so I imagine you'll be touching upon that. Jenni on round-up dury, ha, perfect job for her to burn off some nervous energy. The gifts are cute, and a good distraction too.

"I can pretend I haven't seen it, if that helps!" - like that would work, does he not know his bride-to-be? haha. and, again nice to read that Jenni and Dyrk make it as a couple.

You have a really nice touch with your characterisation IB, and it's always a pleasure to read your work.

I'm sure you have a few surprises coming up and I'm here waiting for more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #1017621 08/12/22 03:23 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
hi Harbi, it's my pleasure, thanks for following my stuff so closely - and I always enjoy reading your thoughts!

you make such a good contrast between Rokk/Lydda (and I remember when your Lydda in your fic switched assignments last minute so she could join Rokk, lol) and Rokk/Jaz. when DNA first introduced this pairing, I wasn't too sure what to think about it; but I find I have tons of fun writing them, they really make good partners because both of them are strong and independent in their own right

what high praise, thanks for using my Dyrk as a source for your writing! I agree, I was forced to tweak how I write Jenni, because Dyrk and Jenni are just such individual sugar bombs lol

glad all the couples are ringing true for you - I have to say, I might be too nice with my couples, as all the ones I am thinking of seem to have way too much staying power. I will need to have some unhealthy relationships with some drama soon, or perhaps some break-ups, I think! tongue

thank you for your kind words, Harbi, really appreciate them!

and yes, more to come soon, I am committed! tongue (and soon, Garth and Imra will be to each other!)

Invisible Brainiac #1017746 08/17/22 05:02 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

VOLUME 4: MOVING FORWARD

Metropolis, 31st century Earth, a few decades from now...

Live Wire, Garth Ranzz of Winath; electricity generation and manipulation
Saturn Girl, Imra Ardeen of Titan; telepathy

"By damn," RJ Brande thought to himself, very carefully not saying it out loud. It was his trademark exclamation, but his time as United Planets President - and now as the UP Ambassador to the Second Galaxy - had taught him that there were occasions when it was best not said aloud.

This was certainly one of those times. Words could not describe the pride and joy he felt, watching two of his Legionnaires... two of his Founders even! - walk down the aisle together. Only the second Legion marriage after Apparition and Ultra Boy*, and this one was the big shebang. Of course, Tinya and Jo's simpler wedding wasn't any less important, but...

... part of his joy was seeing the whole team here. Every single one, dressed to the nines, celebrating the union of two of their own. Dignitaries from every UP world and then some - even the Affiliated Planets** was completely represented, as was Robotica, and the Kwai, and other Second Galaxy Worlds. Even the Khunds had sent a low-level representative - an event allowed by their recent cooperation with the Legion and the UP against Computo's invasion of Earth***.

Winema Wazzo leaned over to whisper at him. "Congratulations, Rene. Quite a diplomatic coup, having so many non-UP worlds represented."

"I'm just happy that we can share this joyous moment," RJ whispered back. "These kids have been through so much... They deserve a lot of happiness. And I don't just mean the bridge and groom..."

"Of course, of course," Winema murmured as the wedding party began to walk past. As far as RJ gathered, the ceremony was a blend of Titanian and Winathian traditions. First came Magno and XS, their bluish color schemes indicating they were on Live Wire's side of the party. Then Live Wire and Spark's childhood friends from Winath - RJ had made it a point to note their names so he could invite them for a picnic while they stayed on Legion World - Hegga and Megga, Garla and Lando****. All four looked extremely pleased, and in a bit of awe, to be there.

Next came the first Best Man, Cosmic Boy, and his date Kid Quantum, their pinkish colors showing they represented Saturn Girl's side. Technically, the Legionnaires were there for both Garth and Imra, but Winathian tradition held that each party member had to represent one side... and RJ noted that Garth's "side" was double that of Imra's! The pace of holo-taking vastly increased; after all, Kid Quantum was the team leader, and Cosmic Boy had been magnoball champion not too long ago! Many sports fans still thought of Rokk Krinn as a an athlete first.

Next came Mekt Ranzz, the groom's side Best Man, and the only party member without a partner. This was very much against Winathian tradition... but considering Mekt's history, RJ found it apt that Garth had thrown tradition to the winds. RJ watched Mekt struggle not to look down as he walked; his crooked smile slipping from time to time.

Up next was, Jancel Ardeen as Imra's Maid of Honor - also without a partner, though her Naltorian Titanet partner Gilda took holos while sitting in the audience. Jancel was almost as shy as Mekt was, though the only sign of that was a little bit of lip bitting.

And finally... Spark, as Garth's Maid of Honor, and her date Chameleon. Spark was beaming, while Chameleon made it a point to nod at the guests on his side of the aisle. A born diplomat, Reep was... and he took it upon himself to put on a good face for Durlans, everywhere.

Next were both sets of parents. The Ardeens were more upper-middle-class than the Ranzzes, and indeed their first meal together had been terse and quiet. But after some time, they had bonded quite well. RJ had hosted the families at the beginning of all this wedding planning, and from experience he knew just what would get his guests to relax and open up to each other. A little bit of male bonding with bluegrass music, centuries-old Earth whiskey, fatty steaks and hunting in the VR room had given Bertor Ardeen and Kirth Ranzz plenty to talk about - after which they had laughed heartily at the challenges of dealing with newfound fame, with galactic rubbish gossip rags billing them as "hot Legionnaires' daddies".

On the other hand, Dalya Ranzz and Sydne Ardeen had been treated to a relaxing spa day. RJ had heard that both mothers had become fast friends, talking about how they initially hadn't realized what forming the Legion would mean for their children, and gushing over how Imra's self-control helped rein in Garth's impulsivity. At the same time Garth's eagerness and openness had pushed Imra to try several new things, such as kangabronc riding.

And even now, as they walked down the aisle, both sets of parents smiled warmly at each other.

And finally, the room fell silent - even the journalists hushed - as Live Wire and Saturn Girl themselves entered. RJ had never seen either so happy before. Titanian custom held that the bride and groom must enter together, and Imra had her arm looped around Garth's own as they slowly walked down the aisle.

RJ felt tears well up in his eyes as they reached the officiator, who was dressed in half-blue and half-pink robes. After a very short introduction, the officiator asked -

"Do you, Imra Ardeen, take Garth Ranzz as your lawfully-wedded spouse? In sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer?"

"After waiting past journeys to distant galaxies, and even outside our own universe? I'm happy to finally say Yes," Imra smiled.

"And do you, Garth Ranzz, take Imra Ardeen as your lawfully-wedded spouse?"

"I've already died and come back once*****, and that hasn't changed my mind one iota," Garth laughed.

And without waiting for the officiator's signal, he kissed Imra.

A buzz ran through the crowd, as sentients stood up to clap. Spectrum hovered above the crowd, using his color-changing power to turn the entire wedding party's garments into a mix of pink and blue, symbolizing the union of bride and groom.

"By damn," RJ could restrain himself no longer. "It's about time!'

"About time indeed, Rene," Winema murmured beside him. "About time, indeed."

IB's notes:

1) LSH 96, while they were stuck in the 20th century. It wasn't planned, and obviously they didn't have many guests...

2) The Affiliated Planets was created as a front for the Dark Circle. After the Circle was exposed, the AP remained as a legitimate organization.

3) Legion 10-14

4) Only Hegga and Garla were named, I invented the names Megga and Lando. All four appeared in Legends of the Legion 2, Spark's origin.

5) Live Wire died in Legion Lost 12, and reappeared in Legion 25!

Invisible Brainiac #1017798 08/20/22 02:44 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
By damn, indeed!

This is my favourite part so far IB. Brande's pride and love for Imra and Garth really shine through.

I really like how each part moves the story of the wedding day along.

Garth having twice as many guests - my first thought was these were twins from Winath but as I think about it I realise he'd probably have more friends/acquaintances and would want to show off. Nice subtle way to show the characterisation there.

Nice how they approached saying 'I do', especially Garth.

And, using the colour changing Spectrum at the end to alter the clothes of the guests was especially sweet.

This is great IB, really well done. I demand more, more and much more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #1017805 08/20/22 03:21 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you Harbi, really pleased you like it. I really loved RJ Brande's more central role in the Reboot, and always saw him as a cool father figure to many Legionnaires. (got me through some tough times, too!_

and thanks, Harbi, indeed Garth just has more people who would be considered close friends - including some from his pre-Legion days. Imra was too busy and focused on her training and career to make and maintain friends smile

thank you tons Harbi - more to come soon, including some rallying from friends to help keep the wedding run smoothly wink

Invisible Brainiac #1017806 08/20/22 04:23 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

"Good old RJ," Imra smiled fondly. "He was always there for us."

"For all of us," Garth added. "He was like the cool grandpapa for most of us."

"And for some of us, he was their dad... Speaking of... here's one from his adopted daughter."

Luornu Durgo's Orange self waited intently in the Mission Monitor Room. With the aim to have all the Active Legionnaires, identified Reservists, and then some support staff, all attending the wedding, who better than the team's resident Carggite to attend while not attending?

She glanced quickly at the active mission screen. Dreamer had expanded upon Jancel Ardeen's idea of using the Titanet to look forward today, and that was paying off. Active Legionnaires had been deployed ahead of time to tackle a few key threats, and all had returned in time for the ceremony. The only active missions now were relatively lower-risk ones: Theena and Tomb had joined some Science Police officers on a search-and-rescue mission caused by a volcanic eruption on Io; Porcupine Pete and Hotshot were helping destroy some runaway drones on Swizzar; and the Legion had called in a favor from Vapor to lead a handful of Cadets to assist in relief distribution on Corvan IV.

Orange shifted her focus back to the securi-cams monitoring the cocktail party on Legion World. She had debated with herself as to which one would stay; had it been Neutral, she could easily have recalled Orange and Purple as needed by reintegrating. But they had realized that focused and shy Orange was the best choice to remain in the Monitor Room, while balanced Neutral and forward Purple were best for diving into their tasks at the cocktail party...

In the lounge, Neutral and Chuck Taine were chatting with Tinya Wazzo and Jo Nah. "This doesn't make you want to throw your own big wedding, does it?" Luornu Neutral ask.

Tinya laughed. "Jo doesn't care; and I've had enough of growing up through pageantry. Besides, we got married years ago. Let's focus on the future." She raised a glass of champagne in toast.

"Speaking of the future," Nura Nal tapped on Jo's shoulder. "Sorry, Jo, but the Gil'dan ambassador is about to clip that sculpture over there..."

"Say no more," Jo sped off at super-speed.

"I already have Thom gently ushering the ambassador from Plevitz to Dr. Gym'll," Nura sighed. "She must have forgotten to take her gravity pills, and now she's all dizzy!"

"You're doing a great job, Nura," Chuck smiled reassuringly. "And so you are, Lu..."

Before she could answer, Orange called Neutral. "I just sent Microbe and Impulse to head off the Somahturian Ambassador," Orange said. "Can you distract the one from Xolnar for a moment?"

"Thanks, sweetie," Neutral kissed Chuck on the cheek and handed her glass of champagne to him. "Duty calls..." Striding purposely, Neutral spotted her target. Ambassador Leieadochter was garbed in a dress showing all colors of the rainbow - no doubt inspired by their Legion Cadet Rainbow. She was chatting with a bored and annoyed-looking Garth. Of course; most of the VIPs here were trying to score points by being seen and holo-ed with various Legionnaires.

And most of the team had been happy to take the pressure of Garth and Imra.

"... and our scientists have determined that Dori Aandraison has the potential power exceeding even the most powerful laser in the United Planets," the Ambassador was saying.

"I couldn't help but overhear," Luornu cut in smoothly. Garth gave her a grateful look. Deftly stepping in between the Ambassador and Garth, Luornu smiled. "I'm Luornu Durgo, Triad. I was just reviewing our Cadets' training tapes, and I noticed that Dori can also produce gentler cascades of light. Have your scientists..."

Garth slipped away before Luornu could even finish her question.

Out of the corner of her eye, Luornu saw her teammates at work. Kinetix was altering the rather scandalous, almost non-existent outfit that the male ambassador from Adonis had worn - really, the chest straps only just covered his nipples, and the shorts left nearly nothing to the imagination! Spider-Girl had steered Evolvo away from the Dominators' representative and over to RJ; the new CEO of McCauley Industries was keen on wheeling and dealing. But though Evolvo was intelligent, Lu knew RJ had far greater business sense. Dealing with the Dominators! Echo was entertaining the representative from the Obsidian Deeps*, a world with no light and whose sentients had no vision; Echo's sound powers made him perfect for this.

And of course, her sister Purple, was doing what she did best - rather forcefully preventing journalists from filming some of the more scandalous happenings now. None of the Legionnaires were doing anything, but it was shameful that some Ambassadors - despite precautions - had chosen to make fools of themselves. The Ambassador from Olo especially - despite several warnings from the servo-droids that alcohol was incompatible with their physiology, the ambassador had downed a glass of champagne! Gravity had taken him to the medibay, and Purple had threatened to punch the reporter who had tried chasing after Gravity for a scoop!

Everything seemed to be going smoothly... Neutral turned to focus on the Ambassador, who was stammering something about the highest measured intensity that Dori had exhibited while in training on Xolnar.

Sighing inwardly to herself, Luornu reminded herself that they only had two hours left before the private reception would begin!

********************************************************************************

"Bless our friends," Garth squeezed Imra's hand. "They really rallied, eh?"

"Even Tinya spent half that cocktail hour shadowing her mother," Imra laughed. "Can you imagine a bigger sacrifice?"

"Hey, their relationship's improved a lot," Garth joked. "And so did her relationship with the team. That's why we had Winema over for the private reception..."

*********************************************************************************
IB's notes:

1) Obsidian Deeps is the homeworld of 20th century Green Lantern Rot Lop Fan

Invisible Brainiac #1017888 08/23/22 12:58 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Hi IB, this is all very enjoyable! I like that you have touched base with so many different characters rather than just making it the Garth and Imra show! Echo entertaining the Obsidian Deeps ambassador is inspired!

Some other thoughts -

- Monstress lining up for an outfit change and the Athramites getting mad about it made me lol

-
"By damn," RJ Brande thought to himself
I miss RJ! One of the more annoying things about Legion of 3 Worlds was Geoff Johns' trademark mass-murder of a bunch of cool background characters frown

- the description of Garth and Imra's parents getting along was a cute bit!

- I really dig Garth and Imra's take on wedding vows! A nice reminder of everything they've been through!

- Spectrum changing everyone's clothes - I agree with Harbi, that was sweet smile

- I like the explanation as to which Triad would stay behind, makes sense that the least outgoing one wouldn't consider it as much of a sacrifice not to be at a huge social gathering

- Dreamer using her powers to make sure things run smoothly was a nice bit as well!

- I would like to see this ambassador from Adonis hahaha

Invisible Brainiac #1017896 08/23/22 01:31 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you raz, pleased you liked it and all these little bits smile

Haha! I wish I could draw… the world of Adonis won’t be a one-off, don’t worry wink

Yeah, RJ Brande was super cool, I wished i had someone cool like him growing up!

I love how so many of these cute bits that resonate are ones I thought up on the fly tongue I just thought of what would realistically be my dream wedding band let it rip haha

And with Triad, yeah, Orange is the least confrontational too, so would have trouble distracting a pushy ambassador… but Purple would have no qualms getting a bit pushier.

And I love me some Athramites tongue I can imagine one throwing a tantrum because Monstress ignores its advice!

Thanks again smile

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 08/23/22 01:33 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #1017938 08/24/22 08:19 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Okay finally caught up!

FINALLY they're married! Great callbacks! And the "public reception" was well done. Makes total sense that Orange would be doing the monitor board duty but the real fun was all the distractions that the Legionnaires were making to help out their friends or prevent incidents.

Is it safe to assume that the Adonis ambassador was wearing the Grell Cosmic Boy costume?

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Invisible Brainiac #1017961 08/25/22 03:08 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
thanks for the read and review, GL smile glad you liked it - and yes, FINALLY! it's been ages since Garth proposed!

hee hee, so many distractions indeed....

I'm still torn on whether Adonis ambassador was wearing Grell Cos, or Gravity Kid tongue

Invisible Brainiac #1018008 08/27/22 08:25 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Love the shout out to Rot Lop Fan, one of my favorite Green Lanterns, F-Sharp Bell!

It's also fun to see Legionnaires using their powers in a non-combat situation, from super-speed to precognition to triplication to re-arranging someone's skimpy attire with their matter-shaping powers!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Invisible Brainiac #1018016 08/28/22 01:41 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Set! what a treat to have you comment. glad I could shout out one of your faves smile That was a fairly random bit, I was scrolling through my Legionnaire list and thinking "who else could I insert randomly and give them a one-liner of doing something unique" lol

if I had super powers I would for sure abuse the heck out of em in real life too tongue

Invisible Brainiac #1018379 09/09/22 03:15 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Rokk Krinn was beaming as he strode up to the podium. The "public" cocktail hour was done, and journalists and VIP guests alike had - rather painstakingly - been ushered out. Hegga, Garth and Ayla's old friend from Winath, had even had to pull her Science Police badge out to get a particularly pesky reporter out the door.

Now everyone was relaxing and loosening up. Kinetix had altered the elaborate floor-length dress she wore into a mini-skirt, and was now changing Gravity's and Density's outfits into shorter-sleeved versions. Ultra Boy was pouring a tall glass of silverale for Timber Wolf. Tenzil Kem was snacking on leftover decorations, and Lori Morning was happily baby-sitting the toddlers of Garth and Ayla's cousins while Apparition and Microbe entertained the other Ranzz adults.

As Rokk approached the podium, Marla Latham "harrumphed" into the microphone. The chatter died as everyone turned towards the front; though Star Boy's feet on the table exemplified the more relaxed atmosphere now that only relatives and friends remained.

Rokk waved and nodded to Garth and Imra, who were smiling tiredly at the table in front. Garth's tie was loose, and Imra had detached the outer layer of her dress as well.

"Well, I think we as a team just survived our biggest challenge: entertaining diplomats," Rokk quipped.

"Give me the Fatal Five any day!" Wildfire hollered from the back, as the room tittered. Particon and Insect Queen held hands as they klinked glasses. Even Winema Wazzo gave a small smile; she was the only politician in the room.

"Don't worry, I'll keep this short," Rokk's eyes twinkled. "You don't need me to tell you how proud I am of everyone, for pulling together to support Garth and Imra." Turning to his two best friends, Rokk beamed. "We're all here today because of how much you mean to us; Imra, with your intense self-discipline and strong sense of right; and Garth, with your passion and strong energy." Rokk paused to let the room cheer.

"When we started this team, Imra was the one who would march into difficult conversations or situations with a steel that I had not seen even on the magno-ball circuits. Imra could stand up to the toughest, most overbearing sentients without batting an eye. And Garth - Garth would always charge in to help others, even putting himself in harm's way," Rokk continued. "You are both bedrocks of this team, and I cannot put into words how great it is to watch you growing together, supporting each other. You are different personalities, and together you balance each other out and strengthen each other in ways nobody else could." Rokk raised his glass. "I already made my long, formal speech earlier, so I just want to close with - I love how much you love each other, and I cannot think of a better power couple than you. Cheers to your love!"

Cheers erupted across the room, as everyone raised to toast the newlyweds.

"Rokk always knew what to say," Garth murmured, as he hugged Imra tight.

"Always," Imra's eyes twinkled. "It's so nice, reliving that memory. One of the last times everyone in that room was all together."

"Yeah... Some of us retired, some of us left, some of us..." Garth trailed off.

"Will always be remembered," Imra stroked Garth's chin. "Nothing can take those moments away." She smiled at him, then gently pushed him. "This was beautiful, Garth, and I'm eager to sift through the rest - but we have to remember the near future. And in exactly 30 standard time units, we're celebrating with our friends and family."

"Not enough time for a lightning-quick romp, then?" Garth cheekily asked. As Imra rolled her eyes, he raised his hands. "Fine, fine, I know it takes at least that long to fix your hair back up."

"It would take YOU that long, if you actually combed yours," Imra's eyes flashed as she tousled Garth's hair.

"Guilty as charged," Garth laughed. He made a show of bowing and holding out his arm. "Now, milady, shall we?"

"We shall go to our party," Imra smiled. "And the romp comes after... and we are going to take our time doing that."

Tucking the memory disk carefully away, Imra linked her arm in Garth's, and the two went out to see their friends.

The Wedding of the Century
Invisible Brainiac #1018380 09/09/22 03:22 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
ok, that wraps up the Wedding of the Century! hope you all liked it, I left it on a quiet note - even superheroes have real romances wink

Next up: remember Star Boy had some ideas about Xanthu? we're going to look in on that in a bit! and then... tryouts!!!

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 09/09/22 10:14 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #1018421 09/11/22 06:18 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Having Cos wrap things up was a fitting way to end on the founders without beating us over the head about it smile

THIS seems vaguely ominous though! Nice bit of foreboding!

"It's so nice, reliving that memory. One of the last times everyone in that room was all together."

"Yeah... Some of us retired, some of us left, some of us..." Garth trailed off.

Thanks for the reminder link, I am curious what Thom has in mind now! I love that these fics have been going so long now they feed on their own continuity!

Also tryouts are always fun...yay!!

Invisible Brainiac #1018428 09/11/22 08:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks raz smile well I figure in 50 years some legionnaires will have passed away, but that doesn’t mean I’m about to kill some of my darlings wink

Ah I hope Thom’s idea stands up to scrutiny. But it’s Thom so I have some leeway tongue

Invisible Brainiac #1018455 09/12/22 05:39 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
This was really fun to read, Ibby. smile

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Invisible Brainiac #1018458 09/12/22 09:17 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
glad you enjoyed it, GL smile I wanted a wedding that was free from villains and fights... for once tongue

Xanthu Reborn
Invisible Brainiac #1018676 09/19/22 05:26 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Xanth Prime, capital city of Xanthu

Once a United Planets (UP) member world, Xanthu left to join the Affililated Planets (AP). After the AP was exposed as a puppet of the Dark Circle, many of the AP worlds stayed together as a separate alliance from the UP. Khundia, having largely been spared from the effects of the Blight incursion and the Great Rift Disaster, was readmitted to the AP while the Legion was lost. AP worlds such as Xanthu have been protectorates of the Khund Empire ever since. Unfortunately, this did not spare Xanthu from the COMPUTO-led Robotican attacks; Xanthu was depopulated and largely stripped of resources. It was only after the Roboticans were freed from COMPUTO's control that most surviving Xanthuans returned and began to rebuild with both UP and AP support. Because the UP voted to recognize Robotica as a sentient species, relations between the UP and AP have soured significantly, even though the UP and the Legion of Super-Heroes continue to assist in rebuilding.

Even before Xanthu joined the AP, the Xanthians have had a one-way rivalry with Earth: Xanthu is of similar size, and has the second-highest number of native post-humans of any UP World. Yet Earth is the seat of the UP, while Xanthu has always been a UP border world regared by many as a backwater; and the Legion of Super-Heroes far eclipses Xanthu's Uncanny Amazers in size, fame and success. Xanthu has repeatedly tried to get its native Legionnaires (Star Boy, Kid Quantum II, Element Lass; and more recently, Insect Queen. Wildfire is a gestalt being including former Xanthuan Amazer Atom'x; Particon also joined the Amazers briefly before joining the Legion. XS and Dreamer never joined but played a key role in Xanthu's defense against Robotica) to return home, and their repeated refusal to return has damaged their standing with a large percentage of Xanthu's population.

- UP Intelligence briefing on Xanthu

Active Legionnaires

Amp, Ming Sul of Earth (Korea and Taiwan); amplifies the natural abilities of self and others
Babbage, I-45ENG/Nth Series of Robotica; combat mechanoid
Brainiac 5, Querl Dox of Colu; 12th level intelligence and force field powers
Calorie Queen, Taryn Loy of Bismoll; consume and digest all forms of matter, conversion of digested matter into super-strength
Chemical Kid, Condo Arlik of Phlon; controls chemical reactions
Dreamer, Nura Nal of Naltor; precognition
Echo, Troy Stewart of Earth (South Africa and Trinidad and Tobago); sound manipulation
Element Lass, Candi "Princess" Pyponte-LeParc III of Xanthu; transmutation
Ferro, Andrew Nolan of 20th century Earth (USA); previously could turn his body into durable iron, but now stuck in his iron form
Gates, Ti'julk Mr'asz of Vyrga; opens teleportation disks
Gear, I.Z.O.R. of Linsnar; bio-mechanical techno-morphing
Insect Queen, Lonna Leing of Xanthu; morphs into various insect forms, gaining the powers of the forms she takes
Karate Kid, Val Armorr of Omega Colony; skilled martial artist
Kinetix, Zoe Saugin of Aleph; advanced telekinesis and animation of objects
Lume, of Silvan; energy being made of light
Kid Quantum II, Jazmin Cullen of Xanthu; time manipulation. Current Legion leader.
Magno, Dyrk Magz of Braal; magnetokinesis
Microbe, Drura Sehpt of Somahtur; generate and control harmful and beneficial microorganisms
M'Onel, Lar Gand of Daxam; enhanced speed, strength, invulnerability, vision powers, flight
Nightwind, Berta Skye Harris of Earth (Iceland) and Enwa; wind and air manipulation, enhanced vision
Particon, Jennifer Sanchez of Earth (India and Philippines); "hard light" energy casting and manipulation, disruption of energy flow
Star Boy, Thom Kallor of Xanthu; gravity manipulation
Ultra Boy, Jo Nah of Rimbor; enhanced speed, strength, invulnerability, vision powers and flight, but can only use one power at a time
Violet, Salu Digby of Imsk; shrinks and grows own body
White Witch, Mysa of Zarrox; sorcery
Wildfire, Drake Burroughs (energy gestalt of two beings). Anti-energy being.
XS, Jenni Ognats of Aarok; super-speed

Legion Cadets and Reservists

Brawler of Moxie; super-strength and durability, can mind-mesh with machinery to control it
Chlorophyll Kid, Ral Benem of Mardru; plant manipulation
Density, Jed Rikane of Earth (Mongolia and Nepal); controls his body's density; increasing density grants a degree of strength and durability, decreasing makes him lighter but without phasing
Lamprey, Tayla Skott of Earth (Maldives and Palau); underwater survival; hydrokinesis
Rainbow, Dori Aandraison of Xolnar; rainbow-based light powers
Sizzle, Teela Spuunvll of Abaddonus; absorbs and redirects energy
Tellus, Ganglios of Hykraius; telepathy and telekinesis
Veilmist of Khundia and ??; teleportation

Uncanny Amazers of Xanthu

Atmos, Marak Russen of Xanthu; nuclear energy blasts, flight, enhanced strength and durability
Kal Bodo of Xanthu; phrenology and psychometry activated upon touching another's head
Konk!, of Xanthu; detachable floating head, if she fails to reattach her head to her body, a new one with a different personality grows
Radion, Roy Travich of Earth (Italy and Madagascar); flight and emission of radiation

Legion Support Staff and Allies
Dr. Mollie Dennum of Hephaestus; materials scientist
Lenzslo Philish of Athram; lead of the Legion World Athramite contingent; chief designer
Mabuhay Corazon of Aleph; fashion design student and Legion costume consultant; childhood friend of Kinetix

*************************************************************************************

Star Boy held still as Dreamer reattached the star pins to his collar. After Mabuhay and Lenzslo had argued nearly half an hour on the right shade of yellow to use, and Dr. Mollie had suggested an alloy for Candi to synthesize that would gleam just-so, he just wanted the newly-polished pins on his uniform so he could get on with it!

Sensing his frustration, Dreamer made as if to ruffle his hair. "Just kidding, Thom," Nura smiled disarmingly as he jerked back. "We wouldn't want you to have to comb yourself again."

"It's just, all this pageantry...!" Thom began. "We have far more Legionnaires than we actually NEED for the task today."

"I know, what we actually DO is more important than showing everyone that we are doing it," Nura gently whispered. "Results over image, yes? But you yourself said; we need to pull out all the stops so Xanthu realizes how important they are, and how much we care for them."

Star Boy sighed. "Yeah, and if that means upgrading our uniforms slightly and making sure we look perfect..." He glanced sideways at Brawler, Chlorophyll Kid and Tellus, who were eagerly waiting to begin. Even the cadets had new uniforms on; once a Cadet reached Reserve status, they earned the right to a full Legion uniform to distinguish themselves. But while most of them wore it with pride and a determination to do better, Brawler strutted like a Venusian rainbow peacock... that was one to watch out for.

"Places, everyone!" Kid Quantum called out. "It's showtime in 5!"

Nura gave Thom's hand a squeeze. "We'll be worthy of Xanthu today, Thom."

****************************************************************************************

Kid Quantum, Dreamer, Kal Bodo and Brainiac 5 floated above the former Xanthian Tropical Rainforests. Before Robotica came, the lush greenery had been the densest on Xanthu, and had hosted a variety of wildlife that helped make Xanthu one of the most biodiverse worlds in the galaxy. That was all gone now, but they hoped to reverse the clock.

"Greetings, sentients," Jazmin smiled directly into the cameras in front of them. She hated that they had to narrate things instead of focusing on the job; or rather, that she had to narrate, so Brainiac 5 could dedicate all his thought-tracks to the operation. But as Thom had observed, Xanthu needed to know what was being done for them. That was why she, in her capacity as Legion leader, was narrating; and why every one of the former Amazers was here, too. "You may recall that some time ago, we brought the Terrorforms* to expend their Hypertaxis energy to bring life back to Xanthuan soil. Our readings indicate that life potential has returned to Xanthu. And we are here today, on Xanthu's national day, to jumpstart that process."

"When I was younger than my dazzling 21 life cycles today, I had two pet crescent-tailed lemurs," Kal Bodo flashed a smile at the camera. Kal knew that his power was probably the least flashy of all the Amazers ever; to raise his worth with the team, he had cultivated the most media-savvy personality. "They were injured in a storm in the rainforests, and my family adopted them for me. They died of old age... after today, we hope to bring them back to Xanthu. After all, Xanthu belong to all our species. But don't just take our word for it... hey, Konk! Show everyone how we'll get a birds-eye view of the action!"

Dreamer's eyes opened. "I've just scanned the next two hours - the weather will remain stable, everyone."

Konk!'s detached head sped into view; she was wearing a headband with a small camera strapped to it. Around her, a forcefield similar to Brainiac 5's own shimmered. "Hey, folks! I'll be your eyes and ears today. With Brainiac 5's forcefield protecting me, I'll be right in the thick of thingd"

"I envy you," Kal teased. Konk! turned around so the other cameras could not see, and stuck her tongue out at him. "Have fun!" Kal teased, as Konk! sped downwards. "And hang on to your seats, everyone - it's gonna be quite a ride!"

**********************************************************************************
"Kid Quantum to Radion - you may begin!"

Radion began to glow a sickly green as he strode out onto the barren soil. Spying Konk! to his right, he turned and waved. "I usually expel radiation, but with practice, I've learned how to soak it up. And now I'll make sure no lingering traces are left behind." Closing his eyes, Radion began to absorb all the harmful radiation left behind by both Robotican and Xanthuan defense weapons. His heart ached; though not a native of Xanthu, he had felt more welcome here than he had on Earth.

Amp floated, cross-legged, behind Radion as her tell-tale red glow extended to him. "My power may be among the least flashy, but I love being able to support and enhance my teammates. I will be boosting everyone's powers today, to get the maximum effect."

Radion began to sweat. "I have it all now, but..."

"But this is where I come in," Sizzle smiled. The Legion Cadet wore a smart red-and-black outfit with leggings and a mini-skirt reminiscent of Kinetix's own; she had carefully prepared for today - chances such as this did not come often. "I can absorb and convert energy; if you filter it through me, I'll rerelease it as harmless starlight." The sickly green glow transferred from Radion to Sizzle; who in turn began to glow. She flew up to join Lume and Rainbow, who was proudly wearing a gown that glowed in multiple colors. Like most of her fellow Cadets, she appreciated the chance to be in the spotlight today. All three began to glow a light bluish tint, shining like stars over Xanthu. "The bluish light we are releasing is akin to Yildiz, a star in the Verdant Quadrant," Lume began. "Yildiz's energy has unique properties that support plant growth."

"That Quadrant is known for the number of jungle worlds, full of endemic plant species," Rainbow continued.

"Increase the intensity by 3.4598 lux," Brainiac 5 said flatly over the telepathic plug network. He had shut off any auditory processing beyond that, so he would not be distracted by the cameras and narration.

Chemical Kid flew below them. He forced himself to act casual as he extended his arms; the narration of each step was a tad annoying, but he reminded himself that they needed to explain their actions to those watching so they could engage. He had been up late revising the scripts so they would sound natural. "I'm using my ability to speed up chemical reactions, to allow the light to interact with the soil..."

Microbe made a show of kneeling down towards the ground. Unlike most of the others, she had no qualms about being fairly theatric today - coming from a world whose sentients were feared by others, she knew how important it was to show a relatable face. "With a little help from soil-nurturing bacteria from some of those very jungle planets, I'm making the soil more receptive to the light..."

Gates floated before Microbe, opening half a dozen teleport disks. "And since Microbe can only be in one place at a time, I'm helping her get her bacteria to more places at once. Sentients, I encourage you to consider the benefits of interplanetary cooperation not just for defense, but also for development. Other planets bring more than just weapons, we can help bring sustenance! We will also help Gil'd reclaim its oceans...**"

"Thank you, Gates," Kid Quantum cut in gently but firmly. Of course Gates would try to go off-script! "Now, on to Nightwind..."

Hair and costume fluttering in the breeze, Nightwind hovered beside one of Gates' teleport disks. "I'm letting the winds carry this as far as I can... with our help, we should cover the entire area of the old rainforests."

"Now, besides making the soil fertile, we have to make sure it's free from foreign bodies and obstacles..."

Tellus hovered unsteadily over the area, hoping nobody would notice how awkward he was outside of a fluid environment. "My telepathy is warning any organisms under the soil to leave," Tellus explained. "We ensured that before we began, but I am slowly expanding my range to make sure none get caught in this. Of course, I cannot speak to anything inorganic..."

"Which is my task," Babbage intoned. Facing the cameras, the Robotican Legionnaire almost wished its facial design had been more expressive. At least, it had ensured it had the most recent upgrades related to voice tone and quality. "Sentients of Xanthu, I understand my presence here may cause pain for some. And I do not wish it so. Please know that we of Robotica regret the damage and pain we caused while under control of COMPUTO, and we will do all we can to atone and help. And I can best do that today by detecting any remaining Robotican drones buried here, and instructing my colleague Brawler on where to find them..."

Brawler made a show of somersaulting in the air before landing on the ground. He flexed his arms for the crowd, kissing a bicep as he did. "With my ability to mind-mesh with machinery, this will be easy!" Brawler boasted. "And we have a hit!" A hulk of metal rose out of the ground; though damaged, it was clearly a non-sentient Robotican battletank. Brawler concentrated, and another three began emerging nearby.

Gear swooped down on the first one, various appendages extending from his chest. "With Babbage's knowledge, I will ensure it is completely deactivated and inert. Wouldn't want anyone to get hurt today..."

Particon dashed over to the others. "While waiting for Gear, I'll add an extra layer of security by disrupting any energy flowing through these tanks."

"And once done, I can change the components into something ferromagnetic." Element Lass' crystalline form gleamed in the soft sunlight as she touched the battletank.

"That's my cue," Magno began ripping the tank apart, sending its components flying far and wide.

"I'll help you with the bigger pieces, Magno," Karate Kid aimed a precise kick at a corner of the tank, splitting it where sections joined.

"And my cue again," Element Lass smiled as she pointed to some of the chunks that Magno was moving through the sky. "I am transmuting the metals back to elements that promote plant growth..."

"A little bit more zinc, please, Element Lass," Dr. Mollie sent over the earplug network. "Got it, dear Mollie!" Element Lass cooed. "So helpful of you!"

"And now we get to till the soil!" As the transmuted particles fell to the ground, two red blurs dove deep underground. Rising back up, M'Onel and Ultra Boy each carried a large clump of earth.

"Time to play catch!" Ultra Boy grinned.

"Ready, Violet," M'Onel asked.

"I am so ready," Violet smiled as she grew to giant size. She caught the clump Jo tossed, and crushed it between her hands so the soil would scatter.

"I want to play, too!" Wildfire quipped as he blasted another clump into bits. "Ah, multi-tasking... Target practice and gardening at the same time!"

Atmos merely grunted as a fourth clump crumbled harmlessly against his durable form. Unlike most, he had refused to play along with the narration. He was still angry at what had happened to Xanthu, and he had initially opposed Babbage's presence today. It had taken some convincing by Kid Quantum and Brainiac 5, plus a very long and sincere apology by Babbage, for Atmos to accept that the Roboticans were not at fault, and finally relent.

"And now to make sure things mix." Echo stepped out, raising his hands. "Let the good vibes roll!" The ground shook faintly as Echo's sonics rippled through.

"Can't let you have all the fun, guys!" Ferro called from below. He had been volunteering for many more missions lately, as suggested by Legion psychiatrist Dr. Ryk'rr - it helped him keep his mind off being unable to turn back to flesh. "Ready, Cal, Density?"

"For sure!" Calorie Queen made a show of biting into the chunk of lead she had on hand. "I'm all fueled up..."

"As am I," Density's skin turned a deeper shade of purple as he increased his body density. He was glad he had convinced his husband Gravity not to come today; after all, he wanted the Legion to see that Jed was his own man... and Tel knew he needed to step back to show he would not be a helicopter husband. Jed hefted his plow as Ferro and Cal did theirs, and they began criss-crossing the field, leaving trenches where they passed.

"I can do that too!" Brawler began.

"No, you're staying here," Gear warned. Element Lass wagged a finger in the Cadet's face. "We each have our part to play, Brawler. Focus on getting the drones out of the ground!" Brawler snarled, but thankfully he obeyed, turning his attention to yet another drone Babbage had found.

A bluish blur stopped before the cameras. "Hey folks, it's a pleasure to be back on Xanthu!" XS waved. "Now, I'm going to sow seeds of all your native plants in the trenches we're digging!" She dashed off.

Star Boy hovered over the field, eyes glowing a purplish-gray. "Seeds are meant to be underground, so let's make sure things sink in!" Using his powers to their finest, Thom focused on each seed, ensuring it would sink down into the earth... and he ensured he did it in such a way that the soil would close over each as well.

A pinkish mist appeared nearby, and Veilmist and Lamprey shimmered into existence. Above them was a big sphere of water being held together by Lamprey's powers. "We just arrived from the desalination complexes of Xanth Prime," Veilmist explained.

"Plants need water, and we have a fresh batch just processed and cleansed," Lamprey said, with some effort. She slowly let the water flow over the field, being careful to ensure that it was evenly distributed. She had been training hard, and hoped to show the Legion how much her control had improved.

"You're doing great," Nightwind whispered encouragingly to her friend through the telepathic earplug network. Lamprey sent a feeling of gratitude back.

"And now that we have all the i-i-ingredients..." Chlorophyll Kid stepped forward. "My ability to make plants grow will s-s-peed things up!" Cursing himself for his nerves, Ral focused instead on the seeds, calling them forth.

"I had no idea it would be this fast!" Konk! breathed as she watched seedlings sprout from the ground.

"Growing these naturally would take months!" Kal watched in shock - he had known how fast this would go in time units, but seeing it in real time was something else. He watched as trees and vines suddenly grew in front of him.

"It's almost too fast," Kinetix quipped as she gently used her telekinesis to nudge the paths of some plants. "We don't want them growing into each other, now."

"Many hands make light work," Insect Queen smiled at her teammate. Changing into a Venturan Orb Spider, she used its strong webs to guide the paths of some vines herself.

"And finally, we have to make sure this fresh start can continue." The White Witch raised her arms as she finished uttering her spell. A light green glow suffused the forest below her. "A little spell of preservation; my part is to help restore the climate conditions here... our actions today have helped restore the heat and humidity that this forest needs to thrive, and this will help keep it stabilize so..."

"It's beautiful, just beautiful," Kal breathed as he took in the blossoming green below him.

Jazmin patted him on the back. "We will be back in a few days, to see how well the forest holds up. Then we can begin reintroducing native animal species."

"In exactly 10 days," Dreamer smiled. "We'll definitely be back, folks."

Jaz turned towards Konk!'s camera; she could see her former teammate tearing up. She almost wanted to cry herself; Kal had already turned away from the camera to wipe a tear. "This is just the beginning, Xanthu. When we return to Xanth Prime, we will have more in store."

And Jazmin turned once more to watch the green creeping slowly outwards.

**********************************************************************************

IB's notes:

1) The Terrorforms were transformed sentients caused by Ra's al Ghul's hyperevolution/Hypertaxis plan (Legion 6-8, 17-18)

2) All of the water on Gil'd was stolen by the Water Elemental Ebb in Legionnaires 71-74

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 09/23/22 12:50 PM.
Re: Xanthu Reborn
Invisible Brainiac #1018946 09/27/22 08:09 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey IB, I'll be writing as I read so usual caveats apply smile

And already I love it, the press would definitely not want to miss the private party - just think of those holos of so-and-so kissing someone that they aren't in a relationship with or that persons outfit splitting, or a legionnaire that can't handle their cocktails...

"Well, I think we as a team just survived our biggest challenge: entertaining diplomats," hahaha

Rokk's informa speech - very sweet, very, very sweet! Hit the right note with that!

Garth and Imra reminiscing and planning an after-party romp was even sweeter smile

I must admit I expected more vignettes from the wedding, though it was great as it was I kinda want to know who was still standing at the end of the night, did anyone kiss someone they weren't in a relationship with, did anyone's seams split and who couldn't handle their cocktails? Am I just being nosey? Probably, haha.

Very nice potted history of Xanthu! Poltical tensions always add to a storyline.

Veilmist of Khundia and ?? - are these question marks intentional? Are you going to explore Veilmist's past?

Dr Mollie Dennum - Molybdenum?

It's great to see Dreamer teasing Thom like this, they should be a fun couple as they spark each other really well. And, show Xanthu how valued they are... why do I think this might not go as Thom hopes?

Jazmin wanting to do rather than talk about it sums her up really well. And Phrenology Boy (as he sometimes is called smile ) cultivating a media-savvy personality is a good use of him. A camera stuck to Konks! head - brilliant!

Is Yildiz an original idea or a deep-cut from canon? It's another good idea btw. And sizzle transforming the radiation to light that mimics those properties is great.

Love Drura trying to put on a good show - very clever of her, and gates going off-script - of course! haha

Babbage apologising and Brawler showboating, all good stuff.

Atmos is an ass in every version, isn't he? laugh

The reseeding of the forest was great, well thought oout IB, and it was nive to see each Legionnaire and Cadet get a bit of the action without any hogging the limelight to much.

These are the sort of things I created my Hope World team to do as, like you, I do think it's the sort of situation where the Legion shouuld try to make a difference. I suppose in canon it was shown when they helped rebuild Daxam, but it shouldn't be an unusual mission for them really.

Thoroughly enjoyed this IB. You are really good at writing individual personalities without requiring to shout their specific attributes, it's definitely a skill that makes your stories more enjoyable.

As ever, I'm looking forward to more, more and much more!

Invisible Brainiac #1018952 09/27/22 08:42 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
hi Harbi, thanks for your usual read and review, it's always a treat for me!

oh yes, the press knows where to smell a good story! I wonder if any of them cottoned on to the Legionnaires' "events management" actions tongue

yay! glad Cos' speech and the Imra/Garth romance rang true for ya

haha! perhaps I will dish out some post-wedding gossip in coming installments wink it IS fun to think of these funny stories, I already have a few in mind of who was rather naughty... I will slip some in don't worry wink

hee hee smile well for Veilmist, I had to make her half-Khundian because in this reality, female Khunds (well, we only ever really saw Amilia Crugg, and Monstress was also said to resemble Khundian women) have very different body types. I wanted Veilmist to still look like her 5YL version and I also wanted a reason for why she's with the Legion Cadet program rather than being with the Khunds, so she had to be half-Khund smile I haven't filled that backstory out yet though...

Dr. Mollie - she was a canon character, but I remember some fans picking up on molybdenum too smile

Although Reboot Nura was never reallty written as teasing and flirty in canon, the Preboot Nura is just too good... so I wanted to add some of those elements into this Nura smile

Yildiz is an original idea, glad you like it smile I had to Google Translate, but Yildiz is Turkish for "star"

also glad you liked the little character bits all throughout. and yes, Atmos is an ass - though I don't have the heart to make him as big of an ass as he was 5YL (it would also go against established characterization from Reboot canon tongue ) Brawler, on the other hand...

and I completely agree, re your Hope World and my reseeding of Xanthu... the Legion should be about much more than just fighting the bad guys!!

and thank you tons for your VERY kind words! means a lot especially coming from a fellow writer such as yourself smile

Invisible Brainiac #1018982 09/28/22 02:35 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Hi IB, just read your latest - I am so impressed with how you utilised everyone's abilities...it gave me the same feeling as the X-Men terraforming Mars, a really clever use of powers and teamwork!

I especially like how a lot of the central characters have less flashy powers, it shows how subtle powers can sometimes be more important than being able to bench press a small moon smile

Also, yay for the Amazers - they're so kooky, I love them laugh

Glad to see Gates never misses an opportunity to proselytize smile

...and Atmos I see remains a jerk in all incarnations, though to be fair he's a bit more sympathetic this time around than he usually is!

Invisible Brainiac #1018997 09/28/22 08:59 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Hi raz, thanks tons - means a lot, especially you are a master at creative ability use too!

Yeah, I was pleaser to give characters like Chlorophyll Kid a chance to shine smile or Konk! And the Bald Kid lol

Atmos is only less of an ass here cause of precedent in canon tongue and Gates is just incorrigible wink

Invisible Brainiac #1019045 09/30/22 08:54 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
How did I miss the new fic entries that y'all have been posting? OMG I'm sorry I'm so late here!

Really fun installment, Ibby - from the intel briefing at the top to the point of every Legionnaire having a job. I'm glad you wrote this, as I totally forgot that Xanthu remained a wasteland after DnA let Robotica loose on it. It was used to resurrect folks that were turned into seeds, but they never bothered to go back and fix the planet. (Nor did the Roboticans, who felt the need to undo whatever they did on Earth, but not Xanthu).

Loved Gates going off-script and starting to riff on his views! It also brings up the need to fix Gil'd - that was laid waste even before DnA showed up!

The best part of this I think is that it allows a lot of the more backgrounder characters & subs a chance to really shine, as they play a lot of critical roles here.

Invisible Brainiac #1019055 10/01/22 12:24 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks GL, glad you liked it smile yeah with all the powers and skills available, just felt right that the Legion would be more forward looking re fixing Xanthu, thinking about Gil’d…

… and also gives everyone a place. They may not make the cut for full active membership, but they can still contribute a lot smile

Page 35 of 49 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,961
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Nick Vinson
Nick Vinson
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star