Roll Call
1 members (Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad), 29 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:38 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:28 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My Legion Fic, “Fanboot”
#1020064 11/05/22 06:00 PM
A
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
A
There have been so many different versions of the Legion. Some are great, some are total garbage fires. This is my version.

The Legion of Superheroes is my absolute favorite superhero team and they have been ever since I was little and watched the animated series in 2006/2007. I’ve read pretty much every Legion comic ever since then, and I’ve created my ideal version of the Legion by cherry picking the best parts of all the different versions.

Similar to the animated series and old preboot comics, young Clark Kent/Superboy acts as the audience surrogate as the Legion explores and protects the people and cultures of the future. Don’t be surprised if some characters aren’t exactly as they are in the comics, show, etc. I’m still writing it when I have free time, but my plan is to eventually have every Legionnaire included!

Here’s the link to AO3, since I only discovered this forum recently:
Legion: Fanboot

Re: My Legion Fic, “Fanboot”
Arumidden #1020070 11/06/22 03:59 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you tons for sharing! always great to see fans bringing the Legion to life in their own way!

I've skimmed the first page, interesting take, I like the new elements of the strange future (like Saturnians not being able to talk, and asking them to talk is offensive)!

Invisible Brainiac #1020073 11/06/22 04:30 AM
A
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
A
Thanks for reading some of it! I hope you give it a chance and keep reading. I’m currently working on the next chapter where I want to introduce Mon-El to the team.

If you like it, you can leave comments on AO3 as well, even without making an account or anything smile

Arumidden #1020111 11/07/22 12:47 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Welcome to the board, Arumidden!

I love seeing new Legion fic! I read through all of your chapters today and I really like it!

I like how you play up the sci-fi aspects, and I feel like you've got a good grasp on everyone's characterisations....even with some cosmetic changes, I feel like the core of each of the characters comes through well.

Garth being more open about sexuality was cool to see too (and everyone else in the future not having a problem with it) - in later versions of the Legion comics it seems like that's Ayla's thing but it makes total sense for her twin brother who grew up in the same culture to feel the same way, and I like that you didn't turn him into a stereotype to do it. The whole heat vision boner thing cracked me up and is a good reminder they're still teenagers smile

I also really like the direction you're taking with Clark...I don't recall seeing anyone write a young Clark as being so much a fish out of water, but it is something that totally makes sense!

Good stuff!

razsolo #1020114 11/07/22 02:18 AM
A
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
A
Omg, thanks so much! I’m so glad you like my fic that much! I have tons of ideas of how characters would be different or similar to their usual comic versions; I just don’t write very quickly XDDD. I also have plans of who ends up with who romantically, cause I’m nothing if not a typical shipper XDD

Feel free to leave comments here or directly on the fic if you have any ideas or suggestions!

Arumidden #1020131 11/07/22 09:00 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Hi, Arumidden. I read the first chapter and found it delightful. Kudos for putting your own spin on the characters. I especially enjoy seeing a Garth who is fun-loving rather than reckless and/or angsty, and a Clark who is still finding his own way.

I hope you'll read and comment on our fics, as well. There's a link in my AO3 profile to what I consider the best of the Legion fics I actually finished.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Arumidden #1020132 11/07/22 09:05 AM
G
Leader
Online Content
Leader
G
Ann, what's your Ao3 link?

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Gaseous Lad #1020134 11/07/22 09:19 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Originally Posted by Gaseous Lad
Ann, what's your Ao3 link?

My AO3 handle is fanficlady74. The story I put a link for is "To Think Like a God." All my Legion fics are right here at the Bits forum.

Arumidden #1020135 11/07/22 09:31 AM
G
Leader
Online Content
Leader
G
Thank you, just subscribed! smile

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Arumidden #1020136 11/07/22 11:17 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Ooh, thanks, GL. Hope you enjoy my stories.

Arumidden, I read Chapters 2 and 3. Appreciate you giving Colossal Boy a Jewish first name, my mom is Jewish although I was raised Catholic. Lu as a flower, not so crazy about personally, because the Canon Lu is the only female brunette in the Legion. But, like I said in my previous post, I'm glad you're putting your own spin on the characters, even when it's not to my taste.

Arumidden #1024144 03/21/23 09:26 PM
A
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
A
Just updated! The newest chapter is a take on Mon-El’s origin, complete with Kryptonian/Daxamite cultures and languages!

Arumidden #1024152 03/22/23 05:10 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I didn't know someone made a Kryptonian language, that's so cool!!

I like your take on the Mon-El story, you can really feel how excited Clark is to have a sibling and I like that the lead exposure happened because they both wanted so much to prove that they're brothers and not because Clark was trying to catch him out.

Arumidden #1024159 03/22/23 09:18 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Just read what you've posted so far, and it's a neat fresh new take on the old classic team, capturing a lot of the youthful fun on the classic tales, but advanced a bit for current-day sensibilities and understanding of science / biology / gender norms / etc.

I like Durlans having one gender, Carggites being plant people (something I've seen for Shrinking Violet before, but not Lu!), Brainy in his cartoon-style robot-form, Imra being mute like in the Threeboot, Colossal Boy's Jewish identity being played up more, etc. Very cool, how, so, far, almost every Legionnaire has something tweaked to slightly modern-ize them, without making them unrecognizable. Like the cartoon, which feels like a strong inspiration here (particularly after the run-in with Starfinger!), you've kept enough of the heart of the characters to feel genuine to me. And that's impressive, because being super-critical is my power! smile

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Arumidden #1025949 05/22/23 12:59 AM
A
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
A
Update! Mon has now been brought to the 31st century! Also, I’ve introduced some other Daxamite characters people might find familiar! I hope you enjoy smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,961
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Pariscub
Pariscub
Edinburgh, Scotland
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star