Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 34 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bendis Interview Word Balloon
#1016233 06/26/22 11:16 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Two-parter on Word Balloon Part 1 and Part 2 from June 13.

Not too much on Legion. Said there weren't any plans for him and Legion after JLA vs LSH, but who knows what could happen. He's still working on a Legion pilot with HBO Max, so that project's still alive.

Also discussed writing a story with 34 characters, how everyone is doing something in his head, but there's no room to show it all, so you've got characters standing around. His considerable enjoyment working with 40 artists on the trial story.

Asked who would win in a fight between Karate Kid and Batman, replied "You might find out!" Also asked if his Great Darkness was inspired by Levitz GDS and if it connects to current Dark Crisis stories; replied "Spoiler spoiler spoiler, so I'm not going to say a word about it" but did express his love of GDS and said we'd be able to see "the connective tissue".

Lots of stuff on his other projects, but I was disappointed that there's no specific Legion follow-up after JLA vs LSH. Nevertheless, he was sufficiently vague that there might be something in the works.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Re: Bendis Interview Word Balloon
Fat Cramer #1016336 06/29/22 04:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks for the info Cramey. Like you say, there isn't much there but good to hear what is.

Fat Cramer #1020696 11/27/22 06:27 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
tracking back around to this, the interview kind of comes off as a bad sales job now that we've seen the full work.

If you consider connective tissue to be just having a ton of characters, that's about it. And even that wasn't done well, other than the art.

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Fat Cramer #1020710 11/27/22 05:41 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Originally Posted by Fat Cramer
Also discussed writing a story with 34 characters, how everyone is doing something in his head, but there's no room to show it all, so you've got characters standing around. His considerable enjoyment working with 40 artists on the trial story.

As a comics writer it's his job to show the reader what's going happening on the page, and not just in his head. If it's not happening, then it's the editor's job to make it happen. Any number of previous Leigon writer's managed it well enough. And considering the title of the book, it's a bit of a giveaway that it's an issue there to be resolved.

Also asked if his Great Darkness was inspired by Levitz GDS and if it connects to current Dark Crisis stories; replied "Spoiler spoiler spoiler, so I'm not going to say a word about it" but did express his love of GDS and said we'd be able to see "the connective tissue".

The connective tissue seemed to be trying to get an vastly inferior stroy to piggyback onto one of DCs biggest successes. Mainly by having Brainy stand there and tell us how bad everything was, without showing us anything.

Lots of stuff on his other projects, but I was disappointed that there's no specific Legion follow-up after JLA vs LSH. Nevertheless, he was sufficiently vague that there might be something in the works.

This was the first ongoing Legion series since I joined here. I was happy just to have a Legion book. I'm not ultra precious about character interpretations and I didn't mind reading Powers back int eh day form Bendis. That I dropped this book, and months after I should have done. tells you how bad I must have thought it was. I can't say I'm too bothered about the Legion progressing without him. Like you, it would nice to have some specific follow ups afte JLA vs LSH.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
thoth lad #1020739 11/28/22 04:22 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by thoth lad

As a comics writer it's his job to show the reader what's going happening on the page, and not just in his head. If ti's nto happening, then it's the editor's job to make it happen. Any number of previous Leigon writer's managed it well enough. And considering the title of the book, it's a bit of a giveaway that it's an issue there to be resolved.

hear, hear, thoth, very well said

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star