Roll Call
0 members (), 124 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 54 of 64 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 63 64
Re: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
Gaseous Lad #1021152 12/15/22 01:14 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Originally Posted by Gaseous Lad
This season, I'd love to have a version of "Its a Wonderful Life" where Geoff Johns and Dan DiDio were never involved at DC...

Well, we can always count on the power of fan fiction!

CalorieQueen

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Ann Hebistand #1021153 12/15/22 02:14 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally Posted by Ann Hebistand
Originally Posted by Gaseous Lad
This season, I'd love to have a version of "Its a Wonderful Life" where Geoff Johns and Dan DiDio were never involved at DC...

Well, we can always count on the power of fan fiction!

CalorieQueen

100%! Hopefully over break I can get back to that! laugh

Well, at least move on w/o DiDio. wink Exercising Johns is a whole other thing.

Last edited by Gaseous Lad; 12/15/22 02:14 PM.

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Eryk Davis Ester #1021155 12/15/22 03:56 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
That seems to have been the basic concept of the "Earth-8" which Johns introduced in Infinite Crisis, which was supposed to be where people like Kyle Raynor would've lived if it hadn't been for COIE. That was pretty much the only worthwhile idea in IC but was never followed up on.
I mean, that literally made no sense because "Earth-8" would have been destroyed by the Anti-Monitor's wave and not incorporated into the final, merged Earth. It's straight text in Crisis that only elements of the five surviving Earths (bar the odd survivor like Lady Quark or Pariah who travelled from the other Earths before they were destroyed) made it in - primarily Earth-1, of course. If they weren't from Earth-1, Kyle & co would have probably been from Earth-2, with a decreasingly slight chance of the other surviving Earths. Or a conglomerate of merged versions of characters that existed on multiple Earths.

(If you wanted to do something non-obvious, make some of them from Earth-X, so their "pre-Crisis" versions would have been totally different because of the different situation.)

Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
And then, instead of making it clear that the reboot Legion was from that reality, they gave them the weird designation of "Earth-247", despite the fact that that number should clearly have been reserved for the Legion that actually debuted in Adventure 247.
Didn't they choose to give it a number higher than 52 just to make sure it didn't exist afterward? sigh

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
DrakeB3004 #1021468 12/28/22 08:32 PM
A
Substitute
Substitute
A
Not sure how I missed this! And sorry if someone else posted it. I'm a month late finding out about this:

https://old.reddit.com/r/LegionofSu...teresting_legion_sighting_what_it_could/

So the current Hall of Justice has a hologram of the Legion symbol. And not the Bendisboot Legion...its the Bronze Age Legion. Combined with the Bronze Age Legion symbol shown on the fictional Who's Who page for the Golden Age Legionnaire...it looks like more breadcrumbs being dropped.

Alexander #1021484 12/29/22 12:23 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Yes, I'm on that conversation and noticed the more golden age style of the ring (I'm JimboFett). For some reason I also thought we'd had that discussion here on LW. laugh

So I'm wondering if that was a specific art direction or if it was just an artistic choice. It seems odd that they'd have that version after just interacting with the Gold Lantern Saga, but maybe if more people forget that ever happened, we'd all be in a better place...

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

DrakeB3004 #1021498 12/29/22 04:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I missed that too. Thanks for pointing it out.

Not sure how much to read into it though. There are a number of "easter eggs" scattered around the background such as a presumed model of Kandor (which we last saw as destroyed in Bendis Superman run), in front of a glass case model (?) of Doomsday we see some cleaners/security cleaning up broken glass, and we see statues of heroes that from the context appear to be memorials to the deceased and includes Batman, Connor, Flash (presumably Barry Allan), and a pre-Crisis looking Supergirl. How you reconcile these last with current timeline - everything goes? I'm inclined to think that the writer/artist was just having fun.

Still fun to speculate and maybe the ring design is important. Glad it's there anyway.

DrakeB3004 #1021499 12/29/22 04:52 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
That's the thing - its presence there can lead to curiosity, which is always a good thing.

DrakeB3004 #1021874 01/09/23 08:38 PM
A
Substitute
Substitute
A
We're in the middle of a drought here. There were a bunch of Legion references and clues for a while there, and then nothing! I'm not liking it.

Maybe this counts?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dk-to-publish-a-dc-comics-periodic-table-of-their-characters/

Ultra Boy (Ub) and White Witch (Ww) are listed on the fictional DC periodic table cover, so I'm thinking the Legion might be within. Guess we'll know September 7th.

DrakeB3004 #1022018 01/12/23 10:19 PM
A
Substitute
Substitute
A
Minor news. Of the "what could have been" kind.

Bleeding Cool is running a series this week detailing what DC's original 5G plans were from before the pandemic and Dan DiDio's firing. Only one relevant bit of Legion info has come up so far:
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/how-superman-destroyed-the-justice-league-the-5g-files-chapter-two/

It seems the original plan was to have John Kent spend even more time with the Legion and the 31st century as a means to escape the spotlight after his father revealed their identities, as the pressure would be too much for him.

DrakeB3004 #1022025 01/13/23 02:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
thanks for sharing! Interesting read...
smile

I wonder if all the Legionnaires will show up in that periodic table thingie

DrakeB3004 #1022026 01/13/23 06:35 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Man, what a mess DiDio has made....

DrakeB3004 #1022036 01/13/23 12:06 PM
Wanderer
Online Content
Wanderer
Okay but seriously, if Jon was still a kid, imagine him finding refuge with his aunts and uncles in the far future with Clark having to reconcile the fact he alienated his son and the Legionnaires being put in the preverbal "rock and hard place" by getting caught between supporting Jon and supporting their best friend.

DrakeB3004 #1022263 01/18/23 04:20 AM
A
Substitute
Substitute
A
(Mods, sorry if this is too long. Feel free to move it to a new thread if you want.)

So remember how the Legion shows up in the DC Universe Online MMO? I pointed this out a while back, maybe a year ago I think. Episode 39 was titled Long Live the Legion and was released Nov 2020. The Legion of this timeline/Earth is a hodgepodge of all published Legions, with aspects of the Bendisboot, Reboot, and classic Legion all tossed together.

Anyways, apparently there was a bit more content than I realized (text content, anyway) and I went digging a bit more and found these things. Please note that I have not played this game, and I found these on the wiki. I have provided links for all of these.

There are points of interest in the Legion's zones that you can interact with. These are apparently like item scavenger hunts, you find them scattered about the zones. They appear as exclamation marks.

--------------------------------------------------
1 - Drinks Across the Centuries
https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Collections:_Drinks_Across_the_Centuries

Alcoholic drinks are scattered about the 31st century zone that you can collect. Two of them are Legion references: Jo Nah's Silverale Youth and Mordru's Over-aged Vinegar. I guess Jonah got an endorsement deal for Silverale in this timeline? Or maybe he's such a famous alcoholic they named a drink after him. When you collect them all you even get a letter from Harmonia Li, who I guess is also a part of this Legion team.

Subject: Culture, Change, and Beverages
"Ron Vidar, Circadia Senius and I were studying the changes to culturally significant beverages throughout time when some of our samples got lost in all the magical chaos. We appreciate your recovery of this data set. We're experts when it comes to remembering things, so you can be sure of it when we say we won't be forgetting this anytime soon."

2 - Legion of Substitute Heroes
https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Collections:_Legion_of_Substitute_Heroes

I guess these are various belongings the Subs have misplaced for you to find. Most of them are silly references. It also looks like Polar Boy never graduated to the Legion in this setting.

Chlorophyll Kid's Seeds
Porcupine Pete's Quills
Color Kid's Color Palette
Stone Boy's Crusty Clothes
Fire Lad's Safety Tips
Night Girl's Training Regime
Rainbow Girl's Blackest Night
Double Header's Conflicting Plans
Polar Boy's Frosted Tips
Antennae Boy's Tunes

3 - Greetings From Dakota City
https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Collections:_Greetings_from_Dakota_City

Only one reference here: an item called "Gear & Static's Pic with The JL". Looks like Gear is a part of this Legion as well.

4 - Mordru Unbound
https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Mordru_Unbound_(Investigations)

If you complete the investigations (the wiki doesn't say what they are) in the Mordru boss zone you get a letter from Glorith. Based on the dialogue and tone its not Retroboot Glorith, but campy Five Years later Glorith. She also gives you a decorative item called Gem From the Heart of Sorcerer's World.

"Mordru tried to interfere with time, which is MY domain. I am the only one who has ever been his match, but now his power is too much even for me to combat. You will be instrumental to his defeat, and I will do whatever it takes to ensure it. Take this for now. I have a feeling your past will change soon enough. Kisses!"

5 - Young Love
https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Young_Love_(Investigations)

There are a few of these and they reveal more lore. Here are the three listed on the wiki:

Supergirl: "Sure, Brainy can be a butt sometimes, but his confidence is kinda cute. Don't tell him I said that!"
Lightning Lad: "Can't believe my sister is worried about bringing Shrinking Violet home to meet the moms; they'll love her!"
Quislet: "Quislet love everybody, 'specially you!"

6 - Legion History.
https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Legion_History_(Briefings)

Supergirl fans might enjoy these references and bits from Kara:

Supergirl: "I remember way back when the Legion first recruited me, what a rush! Just knowing that the future turns out okay, that we had an impact an this world... it means everything."
Supergirl: "Okay, so maybe digging up Excalibur, Achilles' Helmet, and Richard the Lion-Hearted's Shield was totally overkill, but I came from a century where girls always had to go the extra mile to even get considered. I've learned that the future is finally a place where I can relax and be myself."
Supergirl: "Definitely the best part of the Legion was getting to hang out with my cousin back when he was my age!"

And this gem:

Part 6: Gender-Eater Lad
Computo: "Friendly update on Tenzil's pronouns: he / him / Lad."

Subject: Do NOT Interfere
"Many of these memories are from crucial points in the Legion and the Fatal Five's past, which is still your future. Now that you have some hows and whens, it may be tempting to interfere. But any change jeopardizes handing Mordru exactly the edge he needs to win, and I will not permit that scale of risk. I have lived long enough to appreciate that sometimes backward glances to the past need to stay just that."

So Bendisboot Rose/Thorn is also part of this Legion's future. Along with Five Years Later Glorith, Retroboot Harmonia Li, Silver Age Supergirl and Superboy, and Reboot Gear.

DrakeB3004 #1022264 01/18/23 05:22 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
"Stone Boy's crusty clothes" is uhhh...a choice...

Alexander #1022268 01/18/23 08:55 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Alexander
3 - Greetings From Dakota City
https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Collections:_Greetings_from_Dakota_City

Only one reference here: an item called "Gear & Static's Pic with The JL". Looks like Gear is a part of this Legion as well.

-

thanks as always for these. sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think this is the Legion's Gear. this is the Static Shock Gear.

https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/Gear

Lots of Mordru references...

and oh dear re Stone Boy's crusty clothes...

DrakeB3004 #1022271 01/18/23 09:37 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Now, it's all about the WHY the clothes are crusty...

Alexander #1022276 01/18/23 11:34 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Originally Posted by Alexander
Chlorophyll Kid's Seeds
Porcupine Pete's Quills
Color Kid's Color Palette
Stone Boy's Crusty Clothes
Fire Lad's Safety Tips
Night Girl's Training Regime
Rainbow Girl's Blackest Night
Double Header's Conflicting Plans
Polar Boy's Frosted Tips
Antennae Boy's Tunes

What? No 'Infectious Lass' Inhaler'?

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Klar Ken T5477 #1022277 01/18/23 11:40 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Thank you, Klar - I was thinking that Infectious Lass needed to be represented there and you just articulated that perfectly!

DrakeB3004 #1022283 01/18/23 05:19 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Thanks for that Alexander. Interesting to see what made it in.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
DrakeB3004 #1022288 01/19/23 12:46 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Love Double Header's Conflicting Plans

DrakeB3004 #1022341 01/20/23 05:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by Nikola Cizmesija via Twitter
News is out! My variant cover for BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST #14

Attached Images Fm7vUTiWAB44Dj6.jpg
Last edited by Nightcrawler; 01/20/23 05:17 PM.
DrakeB3004 #1022342 01/20/23 05:20 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Nice pic. Variant so I wonder if it reflects the story at all?

DrakeB3004 #1022348 01/20/23 05:40 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
The Solicitation:

Written by MARK WAID
Art and cover by DAN MORA
Variant cover by SERG ACUNA
1:25 variant cover by HAYDEN SHERMAN
1:50 variant cover by NIKOLA ?IŽMEŠIJA
Superman variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
ON SALE 4/18/23

BRUCE WAYNE…A MURDERER?

Bruce Wayne’s billionaire rival Simon Stagg is dead. And Bruce Wayne is suspect number one! With their friend’s freedom and reputation on the line, Superman, Robin, and Metamorpho, the Element Man, join forces to exonerate the Dark Knight’s alter ego the best way they can: by finding Stagg’s real killer before they strike again!

Nothing that obviously suggests a Legion appearance.

DrakeB3004 #1022353 01/20/23 09:01 PM
A
Substitute
Substitute
A
More Legion teases from Geoff Johns in this preview of JSA #2:

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/01/20/dc-preview-justice-society-of-america-2/

Its the last panel of the last preview page.

Apparently the JSA (of this timeline?) have met "the Legionnaire" from the fake Who's Who entries.

DrakeB3004 #1022355 01/20/23 11:51 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Nah, It's just Booster Gold smile

Page 54 of 64 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,974
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
KOKO
KOKO
Interplanetary Zoo