Roll Call
0 members (), 16 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/26/24 08:40 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/26/24 08:12 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:03 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:00 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Return - A Titans/JSA of the 28th Century Fanfic *UPDATED May 21*
#1025241 04/30/23 04:43 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
Prologue

Earth, Metropolis.... I've spent quite a bit of time in this city when I first arrived here. Even though it was never my home, I still cherish it just the same. Course, that was a long time ago...where do I start? The beginning is usually the best place...but, that story has been done. I guess I should begin where it ended...my death. Part of me wishes I could forget, part of me can't risk forgetting. For if I don't remember it, noone will. Noone does...

Most people remember a different me, a similar backstory...but not me. My fondest memory, is always flying...the wind in my hair, the feeling as the world below drifted further away the higher I flew. I never thought it would end, I was 24....my life was still ahead of me. But destiny had other plans...plans put into motion by an all powerful entity. I don't regret my choices, the way I died...a heroic death, least I hope it was. As noone remembers, does that make the sacrifice any less important? I've gone off track...so much to tell, hard not to wander. I remember my death...the pain as the cosmic energies ripped through my body. The next bits a blur, I remember crying... someone comforting me, assuring me I did good. Then....nothing. I'm not sure how much time went by, I'm still piecing it together but my first memory post death...was feeling cold. I was disoriented, confused...unsure of where I was. As time crawled, I began to get a clearer picture....I was on a planet. At first, naturally, I assumed Earth. Then I noticed something that made my location more confusing....a red sun. Where the hell was I??

Last edited by SaturnGirlLover; 05/21/23 01:36 PM.

"I can't get hold of your mind! Like something slippery..." Saturn Girl, The Legion #2
Re: The Return - A Titans/JSA of the 28th Century Fanfic
SaturnGirlLover #1025242 04/30/23 04:47 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
this is a story ive been workin on off and on, 4 many yrs. i created characters, based on classic characters, came up with backstories, Timeline etc. a few yrs ago, i came up with a design, which this story is based on. course, im sure most kno who this is, i hope. b kind as im really invested in this story/Timeline i created. more 2 come if ppl want

"I can't get hold of your mind! Like something slippery..." Saturn Girl, The Legion #2
SaturnGirlLover #1025254 05/01/23 01:53 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I am intrigued! And it is always fun seeing new fics on the board, hope we will see more! smile

SaturnGirlLover #1025260 05/01/23 01:59 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
hi SaturnGirlLover, thanks for sharing your fic with us! welcome aboard! What a nice prologue, and I like how you are writing it from the 1st person perspective.

yes please, more more more! smile

SaturnGirlLover #1025268 05/01/23 06:53 AM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
thanx Invisible Brainiac, glad 2 b back. glad 2 c some ppl r interested in my story. now, 2 let u kno, sometimes the story will b written from the 3rd person perspective, story warrantin. it will help 2 tell it right, but it will still b in the 1st person 4 the most part. stay tuned 4 more soon

Last edited by SaturnGirlLover; 05/01/23 06:55 AM.

SaturnGirlLover #1025272 05/01/23 08:30 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Looking forward to more!

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
SaturnGirlLover #1025344 05/02/23 09:44 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
update: im currently workin on the first chapter, hopefully will b able 2 post in the next few days. stay tuned...

SaturnGirlLover #1025415 05/04/23 06:57 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
Chapter 1: Awakening

Daxam, November 2740

Lenach Dar was running late, as usual, and knew that when he got to work, he would be yelled at again. As he made his way to the center of the city, he couldn’t wait to get there. Last month, the Science Institute received a most unusual object…dating back to the mid 1980s. A pod, of mysterious origins: an odd mix of what appeared to be Kryptonian and Daxamite. Such a thing was impossible, as during that time, Daxam was the only planet as Krypton had been destroyed many years before. Lenach arrived at the institute, making his way past security and heading to his section.

Waiting for him at the end of the corridor was a tall, statuesque woman, with dark long hair and a disapproving look.

“You’re late…again.” the woman said, shaking her head as Lenach approached.

“I know, I know…sorry. I tried to get here but….” he began, deciding not to continue, knowing very well she wouldn’t believe him.

“Doesn’t matter,” the woman began, as they both made their way inside the lab, “the time has finally arrived.”

“You mean?” Lenach said, a grin forming on his face.

“Yes, we managed to get it open!” she said with a smirk.

The 2 quickly made their way to where the pod was being stored.

“How did you manage it?” Lenach asked, putting on a mask and gloves.

“Well, it wasn’t easy,” the woman began, doing the same. “I tried multiple sequences, to crack the locking mechanism. Then, after the eighth try, I got lucky.”

They positioned the pod over the table, before slowly lowering it down. Lenach began a final check, making sure no new dangerous levels were present.

“Okay, all in the green.” Lenach said, as the woman prepared to enter the code.

“Ready?” she asked, lookimg at Lenach. He nodded, as she entered the code. Slowly, the pod opened with a whir, followed by a hiss and small burst of air.

“Oh wow…” Lenach said, staring at disbelief of whats inside.

“Yes,” she began, examining the contents. “it would appear to be a woman.”

They began running tests on the mysterious woman, and were shocked with their discovery.

“This-this can’t be right, can it?” Lenach asked, having a hard time believing what his eyes was viewing.

“Yes, it is. If the clothing wasn’t a dead giveaway…” she said, staring at the blonde woman, clothed in a tattered, familiar red and blue costume.

“Somehow, we stumbled upon the remains of a Kryptonian….”

“Not any Kryptonian,” Lenach stated, “but Supergirl!”

The woman ran her hand through her hair, sighing in disbelief. “Yes it would seem so.”

“But she doesn’t look anything like the statue in the Superman Museum.” Lenach commented, looking the strange figure over.

“You’d no more then I, I prefer to stay close to my own kind.” she said with a hint of dismay.

“Oh right, I forgot. You’re a bit more of a traditionalist, weary of anything non Daxam” Lenach replied, rolling his eyes.

“It’s not traditionalist, it’s survival.” she said, staring at the readings. “Huh…that’s not right..”

“What isn’t?” Lenach asked, moving over to look at the monitor.

“It says here, she’s alive”

“What? That can’t be. She died centuries ago!”

“Perhaps, but I do know how to read the instruments. And right now, it’s saying she’s alive. Barely, but it’s there.” she pointed to the screen.

Lenach took a few moments, looking over what she did. “You’re right, she is alive. But how?”

The woman scratched her head, “No clue. Maybe, she’s actually in a state that mimics death”

“Like Superman, when he fought Doomsday.” Lenach stated, knowing his obsession with the age of heroes would pay off someday.

The woman rolled her eyes again, “You would know more than I. Either way, this is a most fascinating and unique opportunity,”

“How so?” he asked, puzzled.

“Well, for starters, she is a living specimen from the late 20th century. Secondly, she is a pure blood Kryptonian. There is no such thing anymore, not in 700 years. The scientific possibilities are endless!”

Lenach shrugged, “I suppose so. Think she’ll recover?”

“That’s not our concern right now.” she said, walking over to the communications terminal.

“Who are you contacting?”

“The Chief, he would like to know about.” as she typed in the communications code, a male face appeared on screen.

“This had better be good, Gren…I’m on my way to an important meeting.“ the man said, half paying attention.

“Well sir,” Gren began, typing, “We were able to open the pod, and stumbled across a scientific discovery.”

“Hmmm, the pod you say? And what’s this discovery?” he asked, his interested piqued.

“A body, but not just any body.” she began, as she transmitted the data to him. “A full blooded Kryptoniaan female.”

The Chief gasped, staring at the data. “Full blooded Kryptonian? How is this possible?”

“Unsure, sir. But this pod seems to be some kind of life support system. Also, attached to her chest, seems to be a crude Mother Box.” Gren exclaimed, holding up said device, looking it over.

“Who else knows of this?” Chief asked, examining the data.

“Right now, you, me and my assistant Lenach.”

“Good, keep it that way.” he said, standing up. “I want no reports, keep all the data you’ve gathered so far on a separate sever. I’ll be there in an hour”

“Uh, yes sir. It will be done.” Gren looked over at Lenach, a little confused.

“Excellent! Great work, both of you. Expect a generous bonus in your futures.” he said, before terminating the transmission.

Gren was about to speak, before stopping herself.

“So…what do we do now?” Lenach asked, looking at Gren.

“We do as we’re told.” Gren told him, beginning the process of transferring the data to a secure server.

Lenach looked over at Supergirl, admiring her form.

“Now, don’t get too attached.” Gren told him, patting his shoulder. “She’s a test subject, nothing more. A scientific wonder.”

“I know, I know. Just…” he started, looking at the sleeping body. “Doesn’t she deserve a life? I mean, she is alive.”

“Barely. There’s no indication she’ll even wa-“

Suddenly, a low gasp coming from inside the pod.

“You were saying?” Lenach stated with a smirk.

Gren just gave him a look, walking over to the pod.

Inside, the young blonde woman’s eyes were open, weakily looking around her strange new surrondings.

“Easy, you’re okay. Noone will hurt you. My names Lenach, this is Gren.” he said with a soft smile.

The woman just stared at him, trying to speak but unable to.

“Don’t try to move, you’re very weak. You haven’t had to use your lungs, legs..anything, in quite some time.”

The woman opened her mouth, muttering something.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” Lenach asked, moving closer.

She tried to speak again, “W-w-here…”

“Oh, you are on Daxam.” Gren explained, going over her vitals. “Seems your pulse rate and blood pressure are improving.”

The woman’s eyes widened in recognition. “Daxam….Lar…”

Lenach and Gren both looked at each other. “Lar Gand? He’s a legend among our people. Did you know him?”

The woman nodded her head. “Yes….need…to talk to….him…”

“Uh, that’s not possible. He disappeared centuries ago.” Lenach informed her.

The news didn’t seem to faze her. “What…year…?”

“2740…” Gren stated.

The woman sighed in defeat. “Too….soon…..how?”

Lenach shrugged. “We don’t know, we found you in this life pod. Do you remember what happened to you?”

She thought about it, as vague images rush through her thoughts. “I…I’m not…sure. My…parents….”

“They died, centuries ago….on New Krypton.” Lenach stated, his 21st century knowledge comes in handy again.

The woman looked confused again. “No….Rokyn…”

“Uh, I’m pretty sure it’s New Krypton. It orbited above Earth, before the War.”

She looked more confused. “No, no…that’s…wrong…” Her heart rate began to increase.

“Whoa, whoa…breathe. Relax.” he said, breathing with her. “Like this in…out.”

She nodded, slowing her breathing, as her heart rate slowed.

“Good, good. There you go…” Lenach said, smiling. “Perhaps that’s enough for today. Don’t want to overdo it.”

“Yes. There s plenty of time tomorrow. We should get her a proper bed, instead of this pod.” Gren told Lenach, looking at her. “Maybe we should get her some new clothes. Can’t exactly have you seen wearing…that.”

The blonde looked down at her ripped costume, nodded. “Kara…”

“Nice to meet you, Kara. Welcome to the 28th century.” he said with a smile.

INTERLUDE

Chief Science Advisors Office

The Chief sat at his desk, staring at the data before me. Never in his life did he think he’d have such luck. Rum ors of what was in the pod were varied, but one rumor seems to have been true. Inside, something that could change everything for Daxamites. Of course, if the body really is from the House of El, that’s even better. He knows many of high ranking officials who’d give anything for the secrets her body can reveal. What really caught his attention, was who she seemed to be: Supergirl, last daughter of Krypton. As he leaned back, he suddenly realized he was no longer alone. Behind him, a figure keeping themselves hidden in the shadows.

“So, the pod has been opened.” The figure said, keeping to the shadows.

“Uh, yes sir…I…I told you it could be done.”

The figure smirked, “Indeed you did. Make sure to keep this under wraps. Run your little tests, but make sure to inform me of any changes.”

The Chief nodded. “Of course. I have my best people on it.”

“Good, make sure you do. You will be rewarded for your discretion.” The figure dsappeared as quickly as they appeared.

The Chief sighed, letting out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding. He knew he must do as he’s told, but the opportunities were too tempting.

What he doesn’t know, won’t hurt me, he thought to himself, as he added a note to the list of tests he wanted performed on her.

Last edited by SaturnGirlLover; 05/04/23 06:59 PM.

SaturnGirlLover #1025430 05/05/23 09:39 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
ooh nice installment!

I like how you refer to the Daxamite trait of being afraid of the outside world, without making it full-blown xenophobia. and certainly, Gren thinks it's justified "it's survival". very realistic

phew, some sinister and suspicious happenings here...

well done, Gren and Lenach are shaping up to be interesting characters. and the mystery of exactly when from the timeline this Supergirl is from...

looking forward to more!

SaturnGirlLover #1025434 05/05/23 12:32 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
thanx, Invisible Brainiac...im quite proud of it myself.

i tried 2 make Daxamites as close 2 the way we kno them 2 b.

that interlude was something i came up with last minute, but im glad i added it. gives me ideas of who it is ...

yea, they will b even more important as the story progresses. and the Supergirl mystery will b a good 1

more comin soon

SaturnGirlLover #1025452 05/06/23 04:29 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I really like Lenach already, you have given him some good character bits right off the bat!

I am super looking forward to seeing what happens with Kara once she's up and about as well - I am very into the idea of a whole new team forming around a time-displaced Supergirl who is in the weird position of being an experienced hero and having a general idea of what's coming up in a couple centuries but is presumably a stranger in the 28th century!

razsolo #1025468 05/06/23 12:45 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
thanx razsolo. Lenach is an interestin character and will b very important in the future.

things with Kara will b life alterin 4 her, causin her 2 rethink what it means 2 b a hero. her arrival will trigger something that sets the stage 4 a new age of heroes. i hope ppl will like what i have in store, stay tuned

SaturnGirlLover #1025578 05/09/23 07:18 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
update: the next chapter should b up in the next few days. more is revealed bout Kara and more mysteries

Re: The Return - A Titans/JSA of the 28th Century Fanfic *UPDATED May 11*
SaturnGirlLover #1025640 05/11/23 07:13 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
Chapter 2: Descent

November 2740, Daxam. Day 2 of pod release

Lenach arrived at work on time for a change, for he had a good reason to. Today, he was going to be a part of something big: actually getting to study a hero from the 20th century. Once inside, and after passing the necessary checkpoints, he made his way to the lab where Kara Zor-El, aka Supergirl, was resting.

“Well, look who’s finally on time.” Gren said with a smirk, handing him the latest test results.

“Yea, well…don’t get used to it.” he replied, looking over the data. “What did I miss?”

“Not much, she spent most of the night sleeping.” she began, walking with him to where Kara was.

In a lone bed, with machines diagnosing her vitals, Kara was sitting up, as people chattered among themselves.

“Ah, you’re up. Good.” Gren said, as walking up to her with Lenach.

“Yes…” Kara said softly, examining her surrondings.

Lenach sat on a chair beside her bed, “Do you remember me? I’m Lenach, this is Gren. We won’t hurt you.”

“I remember…” Kara replied, her eyes never looking at him.

“If you’re trying to see through the walls, I’m afraid you’re out of luck.” Gren stated, with a slight smile.

Kara sighed, as she leaned back. “I know. Thought I’d try, but I’m still weak. Course, the red sun doesn’t help.” She said, waving a hand towards the window.

Lenach smiled, “Yeah, sorry about that. Must be hard for you, being used to feeling empowered.”

“I wasn’t always so powerful, you know.” Kara began, looking at the wires attached to her. “Must I still be hooked up to these?”

“Oh, sorry about that.” Lenach said, standing up. “Let’s see what we can do about that. Right Gren?”

“Right…now that you’re up and about.” Gren stood up, as she started disconnecting Kara from the machines.

“Thank you.” Kara said, relieved to feel free and not strapped down by the devices.

“If you’re feeling up to it, “Lenach began, picking up a pad to take notes. “Can you tell us what you remember?”

As if a light has been turned on, Kara suddenly began being bombarded with images of her past.

“I…remember…a battle. A powerful being….trying to destroy everything I knew. We fought…..there was a woman….wanting to help. I turned….” As tears rolled down her cheeks, memories as painful as her death.

“I‘m…sorry, if this is too much…” Lenach stated with concern.

“No, no….” Kara responded, wiping the tears away. “I never should have turned….I knew better. Next thing….” She placed a hand on her chest, “Searing pain, ripping through my body. Kal….oh, Kal…he was so worried about me. But, it didn’t matter…as long as he was safe…I died, knowing he was safe.”

“That’s….that’s a sad tale. But it doesn’t quite match what is written.” Lenach explained, as he moved closer to her.

“I…I don’t know what to say. It’s what I remember…what happened.” Kara told him, as she stood up and walked to the window. She stared out at the red sun, trying to remember the last time she felt normal.

“Excuse me, I hope I’m not intruding…” A man said, walking into the room.

“Ah, Chief….we weren’t expecting you until later.” Gren said, walking over to greet him.

The man was tall, thin…his face, showing signs of a hard and rough life. He looked over at Kara, a smile forming on his face.

“This must be our guest. I’m Chief Aenir, head of the Science Institute. I hope you are being treated well.”

“Yes, thank you. They have been very nice.” Kara said, getting an uneasy feeling from this man before her.

“Good, I’m glad. Anything you need, just ask. You are our guest.” Aenir said with a grin.

“Thank you, I’ll remember that.” Kara told him, staring at him.

Lenach just stood there, not saying a word. He had only met the Chief a few times, but each time, he always felt like there was more to him.

“It was nice meeting you. I hope you get better soon.” Aenir said, making his way to the door. “Gren, I look forward to your report”

“Yes Chief, end of day.” Gren informed him, glancing at Lenach.

Aenir nodded, before walking out. “I will find out everything there is to know about you” Aenir thought to himself, as he walked down the halls back to his office.

Lenach looked at Kara, “Are you ok? Aenir can be a bit…”

“Intense.” Gren finished his sentence, trying to sound reassuring.

“That’s one word for it.” Kara replied, sitting back down on the bed. She can’t stop thinking about her last memory, being held by her cousin, as he wept as she died in his arms. She was finding it hard to believe, it’s been over 700 years since then. Her friends, family…dead and gone, as she still lived…with no idea why she was chosen.

“Can I have something to eat?” Kara asked, suddenly realizing she was hungry.

“Yes, of course. I’ll get you something.” Lenach told her, walking to the door.

“Thanks.” Kara said, smiling.

“Of course.” Lenach replied, smiling.

Over the course of the next few days, Kara built up her strength, though not as strong as she wished. She was getting used to her new environment, and the people helping her out. Especially Lenach, though can be awkward, she found him quite endearing. She even grew to get used to the constant tests, though later on, she will kick herself for being so blind.

Kara and Lenach were walking through the park, enjoying the fresh air, something they’ve been doing the last two days.

“I really enjoy this time with you.” Lenach said, trying not to sound to nervous.

Kara smiled, as she took his hand. “Me too. Highlight of my day”

Lenach tried to hide his blush, as he has grown quite attached to her. “Where should we go today?”

“How about the pond?” Kara smiled, as they walked by a group of kids playing. Suddenly, without warning, everything began to feel like it was spinning. Kara began to stumble, as she tried to catch her bearings.

“Kara, are you ok?” Lenach asked with concern, helping her to a bench. Kara slowly sat down, nodding.

“I…I don’t know. Suddenly felt lightheaded.” She said, as things began to return to normal. “It’s passing.”

“We should get you back, check you out.” Lenach said, still worried.

Kara sighed, “Yes, that would be best.” She slowly stood up, with Lenachs help.

They eventually returned to the institute, and began running some tests.

“It seems your blood pressure is low. Let’s see what we can do bout that.’ Gren said, making a note of it in her charts.

Kara just sat there, taking it all in. Since waking up, she began keeping a journal, to keep track of all the thoughts racing in her head.

“Hey, how you holding up?” Lenach asked, as he sat beside her.

Kara put her journal down, “Alright, I guess. Feel like a pin cushion, after all these tests.”

Lenach grinned, “Yeah, sorry about that. Not everyday someone comes back from the dead. Very important to make sure you’re ok.”

“I know, but still….just wish I had my powers. Not used to feeling so…vulnerable.”

Lenach placed his hand on hers, “I’m sure this is overwhelming. I’ve never had powers, so I don’t know what it’s like. Must be hard.”

A small smile formed on her face, “It is, I never thought I’d miss it so much. It’s all I’ve known since I was 16.”

Lenach was in awe with her, even though she’s not at her best, she still gives off a sense of strength.

“Lenach, can I speak to you for a minute?” Gren asked, with one of the worse poker faces.

“Uh, yeah…sure. I’ll be right back.” Lenach got up, walking out to the hall with Gren.”How bad is it?”

“Bad. I think her body’s failing.” Gren informed him, no easy way to say that.

Lenach’s heart skipped a beat, “You mean she’s…”

Gren nodded her head, “I’m afraid so. Her physiology is similar to ours, but still different. We’ve barely scratched the surface.”

Lenach refused to accept that, “No, no! There’s got to be something we can do. We can’t just….the pod! We can put her back in it.”

“It’s a stop gap, at best. All it will do, is put her back in the same situation as she started.”

“But she’ll be alive.” Lenach said, heading back to the lab to where the pod was being stored.

“Lenach…I know how you feel about her, I like her too but…”

“No!” Lenach shouted, as he opened the pod. “I’m not letting her die. Even if it means I’ll never see her again.”

“It’s ok…I’ll go back inside.” Kara said from the doorway.

Lenach looked over at her, “Kara….”

She smiled at him, “It has to be done. Don’t promise you’ll find a cure. I don’t want you to blame yourself, when you’re unable to.”

“Kara, I’m sorry.” Gren said, unable to look her in the eyes.

“I know, me too. But, considering I was supposed to be dead and buried, I’m grateful for the short amount of extra time I had. And….the friends I made.” She said, obviously directed towards Lenach the most.

Lenach and Gren began preparing the pod, as Kara put her torn costume back on. Didn’t feel right, going back inside wearing anything but the costume she was proud to wear. As she climbed back into the pod, she saw how broken Lenach was over it.

“Lenach…”

“Hmmm” Lenach stopped what was he doing, looking at her. Much to his surprise, Kara gently placed her hand behind his head, pulling him close for a soft, yet passionate kiss. Gren stood there, shocked and in disbelief over what she saw. She wasn’t the only one surprised.

“Uh..wow.” Was all Lenach could muster, his mind still trying to process what happened.

Kara blushed, brushing a strand of hair from her face, “Um…sorry. Felt like doing that earlier today, before all this happened.”

Lenach shook his head, “No, no…don’t be! I…I wanted it too.”

Kara smiled, sighing in both relief and joy. She slowly laid back in the pod, nodding to Gren. “I’m ready.”

Gren pressed a few buttons, as the pod began to close. Kara watched as the lid slowly closed, the last image being of Lenach. As the pod hissed, signalling the procedure complete, the two scientists stood there for what seemed like forever.

“You two made the right choice.” a voice from behind them said, making their presence known.

The two turned around to see the director standing there, “Chief….I know she was a valuable scientific subject but..”

The Chief shook his head, “No buts. Yes, she was that, but we couldn’t very well let her die, now could we?”

“No sir.” Lenach said with confidence.

The Chief looked at him, “Make sure the pod is functioning correctly. We will give her the best care we can. If there’s a way to bring her out permanently, we will find it”

“Thank you sir.” Lenach said, thinking of what Kara said. He wanted to honor her wishes, but he couldn’t just leave her in there forever. He was determined to find a way to save her, for selfish reasons, sure, but he also knew it was the right thing.

INTERLUDE

Chief Aenirs Office, later that night

As he sat at his desk, he looked over every scrap of data they had gotten from her. No doubt she is who seems to be. he thought to himself, as he looked at her latest data. In her blood work, showed signs of an unusual anomaly. I knew it, the Bleed. She’s been though it! I must find the answer in her blood, I need to know more!

“So, you had to put her back, hmm?” a voice said suddenly from behind him.

Aenir nearly jumped out of his seat, “Shit, must you keep doing that? You’re bound to give me a heart attack!”

The figure hidden in the shadows grinned, “Oh, wouldn’t want that now, would we? Tell me, is it done?”

Aenir held his chest, trying to catch his breath and heart. ”Uh, yes of course. 5 eggs have been harvested and ready for implantation in the test subjects.”

“Excellent!” the shadowy figure said, a hint of rejoice in his tone. “I want the implantation to proceed immediately. Time is of the essence…and you don’t want to keep me waiting long.”

Aenir gulped, “…no, of course not. It will begin in the morning.”

“It better….for the sake of you and your loved ones.” The figure exclaimed, slipping once again into the shadows, leaving Aenir alone yet again with another few years shaven away.

Damn you! I’ll never figure you out, will I? he thought, pouring a tall stiff drink. As he sat back, sipping on his drink, unaware in another place, another time, he is being watched.

“Oh, Aenir…your ambitions will be the death of you.” The shadowy figure said, as he turned his attention towards another scene, a scene he has watched and rewatched countless times. As Supergirl fought the Anti-Monitor, destroying his armor blow after blow. Her victory seemed assured, until a young, inexperienced hero called out to her, causing the combatant to turn during a crucial moment. As she realized her mistake, it was too late, as her foe unleashed his full fury on her, ripping through her body with an intense blast of energy. The figure watched the blast impact closely, memorizing every millisecond of it.

“You are quite powerful, my dear Kara.” The figure commented, as all around him, images of Kara, from her arrival on Earth, to her revelation to the world, her whole life playing on repeat. The figure couldn’t help but smile.

“For countless ages, I’ve been focusing all my attention on the wrong Kryptonian.” He began walking, as the images changed to Superboy, fighting alongside the Legion of Super-Heroes.

“I’ve tried erasing him, manipulating them, altering reality, and still…still he persists. But her…she is different. I will find out why..”

As the images switch back to Kara, the Time Trapper went back to watching her battle with the Anti-Monitor, smiling at what was to come next, excited.

Last edited by SaturnGirlLover; 05/11/23 07:21 PM.

SaturnGirlLover #1025653 05/12/23 04:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
ah so this is Kara after Crisis!

hmm, what about it does not match what is written ? I'm intrigued, what she described seems just like Crisis - Dr. Light calling out, Superman hurt, Kara turning, being blasted by the Anti-Monitor...

glad Kara's instincts are warning her about Aenir!

I like that Gren is sincerely trying to be nice!

eggs have been harvested? uh oh...

ah, interesting that Kara has this special status! and the Time Trapper, I am intrigued!

SaturnGirlLover #1025656 05/12/23 08:05 AM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
yep, pre-Crisis Kara my fav

this reality is not the 1 she knows. it is, shes from that tine period

yea, Aenir is up 2 no good and will return with the others

yea, shes not completely changed, but in the short time with Kara, shes grown a bit

big uh oh

yea, i mean the in past, its always been Kal, so i thought it'd b a nice twist. Time Trapper is my fav Legion villain, just hope i do them justice

SaturnGirlLover #1025921 05/21/23 01:29 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
Chapter 3 – Betrayal, Part 1

Five Years Later…

Lenach was sitting in his office, supposed to be working on his follow up report, but instead staring at a picture on his desk. Even though it was a short time, he fell hard for the time lost blonde, even after all this years she’s always in his thoughts.

“Knock knock, you busy?” asked the statuesque woman, standing in the doorway.

“Oh, Gren…just working.“ he replied, obviously lying.

Gren just shook her head, “Pull the other leg. Still thinking of her” as she walked in, looking at the pile of paperwork untouched. “Wasn’t that pile the same as yesterday and the day before?”

Lenach sighed, “Yeah, sorry…got swamped”

“Working on her case again.” Gren said, already knowing the answer. It’s been his main obsession ever since Aenir ordered them to put it on hold indefinitely two years ago. Lenach found it hard to let it go, knowing there had to be a way to free her from her pod.

“I know, I shouldn’t but…I cant…no, won’t give up on her” he looked over the last data they worked on before being shut down. ”The answers somewhere, we just haven’t found it”

Gren sat down, crossing her legs as she thought carefully about what she was going to say. “Lenach…as your boss, I want you to give this up and get to the work that you need to do. As your friend, you need to move on. This isn’t healthy, you barely go out, spend all your time at the lab, not working on your work. The Chief is starting to notice. You were supposed to have gotten those results on Haynaks experiment to him yesterday”

Lenach wasn’t really paying much attention, “I think I’ve found something. It’s a research paper from Earth, a scientist who claims to have found a way to regenerate damaged tissue. This might be what we need” he said, standing up and putting on his coat.

“Where are you going?” Gren asked, looking at him with concern.

“To Earth. I need to see this scientist, Dr. Kyra Lowell.” He informed her, as he copied all their data on Kara to a storage device.

“There’s no talking you out of it, is there? ”Gren already knowing the answer, but asked anyways.

“Nope. Look, I know I seem a bit obsessed.”

“A bit? Try a lot!’’ she sighed, standing up. “If you’re doing this, I’m going with you. Sides, someone has to have a level head”

Lenach smiled, “You’re the best boss slash sister ever!”

Gren smiled, “Don’t forget it. Mom would kill me if you got into trouble…again.”

Lenach chuckled, “I was a kid, I’ve grown since then.” As he put an arm around her, she instantly regretted her decision.

“I will never understand your fascination with Earth and it’s heroes. But I’ll always have your back. I’m even willing to go to Earth, despite not being too thrilled bout all the Terrans.”

Lenach nodded, “I know, but you really need to get past the xenophobia. Too cliched.”

Gren didn’t respond, as they walked out of his office to the elevators.

“Don’t get your hopes up….” She said, as the doors closed. Lenach just nodded his response, not really meaning it.

After making the necessary arrangements, booking a space flight that takes three stops, the duo made their way to Earth. The trip was long, and the whole time, Gren was uncomfortable. She had never been around so many different species, as whenever there was a scientific conference, she would send Lenach in her place. She was relieved as they exited the shuttle, feeling the warmth of the yellow sun on her skin. She looked at her hand, feeling the power and strength the yellow light was giving her.

“This feeling….” She said, staring at first her hand, then through it.

“I know, I felt the same my first time here.” Lenach informed her, smiling. “Just be careful with the heat vision, you don’t want to accidentally set a building on fire.” He said with a nervous chuckle.

“Thanks for the tip.” Gren felt a burning behind her eyes, quickly closing them and focusing on keep it in check. They walked through the spaceport, the sights and sounds heightened by their new enhanced senses. Gren was overwhelmed, both excited and frightened of these new sensations.

“Doctor Lowell is working out of STAR Labs, she should be there.” Lenach said, as they looked at a map, finding their way to STAR Labs. As they entered the building, they went through security, soon being escorted to Lowells lab. Working at a station, the beautiful redheaded scientist brushed her hair from her face, as she looked over at her latest tests.

“Uh, Doctor Lowel…” Lenach began, feeling his heart race at the possibility before him.

Kyra turned around, placing her hands on her hips.”Yes? You are..?”

“I’m Lenach, this is Gren….I contacted you before about your research.”

“Oh, right…nice to meet you.” Kyra said, walking over to shake their hands. Gren was hesitant, not sure if she can do it.

“And you. I can’t thank you enough for seeing us on such short notice.” Lenach said, stepping in between her and Gren.

“No sweat, happy to help anyway I can.” Kyra said, walking over to a desk. She sat down, motioning for them to do the same. “Your proposal sounded intriguing. Please, tell me more.”

“Well, we have a patient…been in stasis for approximate 754 years. Physiology is unique, able to absorb and store solar energy, which in turn, gives them enhanced abilities.”

“A Daxamite.” Kyra said, leaning back in her chair.

“Close…Kryptonian.”

Kyra was stunned, “Kryptonian? Are you sure?”

“Oh, pretty sure.” Gren chimed in, handing her the data. “Not a fraction, not a percentage…full blooded.”

“Full blooded? How is that possible?” Kyra asked, uploading the data to her terminal. “754 years, you say? I thought all Kryptonians were accounted for from that era.”

“So did we. She’s an anomaly, doesn’t match any recorded accounts.” Lenach stated, thinking of Kara when she woke up.

“According to this, she was revived and all vitals were stable. Then, two days later, they plummeted. Her cells were too badly damaged, they weren’t able regenerate properly.” Kyra pointed out, excited over the prospect.

“Yes, yes exactly! That’s why I think your research will be exactly what we need.”

“Hmmmmm, it is possible. It won’t be overnight, bout lets get to work.” Kyra said, as she continued going over the data.

Lenach couldn’t help but smile, as for the first time in the last five years, real hope seemed to be on the horizon.

Kyra was right, as it took nearly three days of long hours, multiple failures and more then a few disappointments before a breakthrough.

“We did it, we actually did it!” Lenach exclaimed, more then a little thrilled.

“Now, we still need to run one more sim to make sure.” Gren reminded him, not wanting to be the voice of reason but used to it.

“I know, I’m just…”

Gren sighed, patted his back. “I’m sure it will work, but be prepared either way.”

Lenach nodded, as he imputed the new data into the simulator.

Kyra walked in with some coffee, “Let’s hope the 45th time is the charm.”

“Well, here goes.” Lenach entered the last data, and began running the simulation. He sat there, holding a breath as he watched and waited for this latest test run to complete. After what seemed a lifetime, the computer beeped, signalling its completion.

“Well??” Gren asked, a little more anxious then she thought she would be.

Lenach looked at the results, “Am I dreaming or…”

Kyra quickly looked over his shoulder, smiling “You’re not…it’s a success.”

Lenach looked at Gren, a smile quickly forming on his face as he hugged his big sister.

Gren reluctantly hugged him, not comfortable with this level of emotions. “Congrats, Lenach…perseverance paid off.”

Kyra smiled, giving a round of congratulatory hugs and handshakes. “We actually did it, but your work isn’t done. When you get back to Daxam, you’ll need to implement the procedure. And live results will be different from sims. A computer can only predict so much.”

“You sure know how to rain on a parade.” Gren noted with a grin, “I like that.”

Kyra chuckled, “It’s the pessimist in me. I know, not typical in a scientist.”

Lenach looked at them, a serious look on his face. “I know I need to curb my enthusiasm. Be ready for disappointment. But, I also want to keep positive.” He copied all the new data and the results of the sim. “Thank you, Kyra…this wouldn’t be possible without you.”

Kyra shook her head, “No no, this is you. You saw the potential in my research, and you helped make it a reality. I can’t thank you enough. Anytime you want to collaborate again, just call.”

“Thank you. For a human, you were quite…tolerable.” Gren said, meaning it as a compliment.

“Uh, yea…thanks?” she replied, not sure how else to respond. “So, I take it you’ll be returning home soon.”

“Yeah, I booked the next flight to Daxam, leaves tonight.” Lenach said, putting the data away.

“Perfect! Then let me show you some of the sights. Have any preferences?” Kyra asked, securing her station.

“The Superman Museum.” Gren suggested, much to the surprise of Lenach. “Well, seeng as who our patient is, we should get as much info as we can.”

Lenach smiled, “Exactly what I was thinking.”

Kyra looked at them, “Superman Museum…hmmm, haven’ been there since I was a kid. Should be fun, lets go!”

The three of them grabbed their stuff before heading out. As they walked the busy city streets, Gren felt she was gonna crawl out of her skin. She thought sjhe could handle the crowds, the varying species but was quickly proven wrong.

Kyra takesher hand, giving it a little squeeze. “Hey, it’s okay…I’m here, focus on my hand round yours.”

Gren stared down at the hand on hers, she should be freaking out, but wasn’t. She felt something unbelievable to her: comfortable, holding the hand of a human. She felt her face as it began to become flush, shaking her head in disbelief. After a few more minutes of walking, they arrived outside the Superman Museum. Even though he’s been gone for centuries, the allure of his heroism still resonates to this day if the crowds were any indication. Young and old, women and men, all of different species, traveled long and far to visit the historical building. Eventually making their way inside, they followed the crowds as they were in awe at the displays. The huge statues, chronicling the entire history of the Man of Steel was awe inspiring each time.

“Wow its…its…amazing.” Gren stated in amazement, having never really paid attention when they visited as children.

“Yeah, its quite a sight to behold.” Kyra replied, still holding her hand. “Superman was the greatest hero ever, its no wonder.”

“He’s no Lar Gand, but he’s alright.” Gren said teasingly.

Kyra chuckled, “Ah, you’re teasing! What a nice surprise.”

Gren felt herself beginning to blush, “Uh well….”

Lenach rolled his eyes, smiling at his sisters new attitude. “Come on, this way to the Supergirl display.”

The trio walked through the massive hall, past the statues of Superman villains Non, Zod, Ursa, Bizarro and Parasite until they reached their destination: the Supergirl Memorial Hall.

“Uh…did you know she wore a cut off top?” Gren asked Lenach, staring at the statue of the young heroine.

“No, I can’t picture our Kara would.” Lenach replied, stunned by the same statue.

“Your Kara? What exactly is going on?” Kyra asked, looking at the two of them.

Lenach looked at Gren, then back at Kyra. “That’s a long story…it all started, with a pod….”

Interlude 1

Daxam, Science Institute

Aenir sat in his office, looking at a request Lenach and Gren made, proposing a new method to help Kara.

“A way that should repair cell damage caused by extreme exposure to harmful energy…”
he read to himself, the possibility coming as a surprise. Is this a good thing, or bad? Can she be controlled? He thought, standing up as he began to pace. And what of my benefactor? I haven’t heard from him in awhile, maybe he’s occupied elsewhere. So many possibilities floated through his mind, as his assistants voice came over the comms.

“Uh, excuse me director…” came a small voice, a mix of nervousness and shyness.

Aenir sighed, as he pressed the comms button. “es, what is it? I’m quite busy”

The voice on the other end hesitated, before responding “Uh..sorry but um…that call you were expecting…from Khund..”

Aenir couldn’t help but smile. Finally, he thought before responding, “Yes, put him through.”

Aenir sat at his desk, as an image of a most forboding man appeared on his monitor. “Ah, Jaxra….I was hoping you’d contact me. Am I to pr-“

The Khundian quickly cut him off, “Enough with your smugness! I informed the others of your offer…”

“They jumped at the chance, didn’t they?” Aenir said, interrupting the man, much to his regret after noticing the death stare he was receiving.

“….how soon until you can send it?” the man said, gritting his teeth as he attempted to keep his cool.

“How does tomorrow sound?” Aenir replied, sighing a breath of relief. Good thing I knew how important it was to them, or I’d be dead! He thought to himself, returning his attention to the screen.

“Fine, get it done!” Jaxra grunted, before terminating the communications link.

Yes! Fifty million credits! Aenir thought, chuckling at the fact he was now going to be rich. Hmmmm, Lenach and Gren’s plan could ruin this deal…or, maybe I can sell the Khunds the research too.

Interlude 2

Elsewhere, elsewhen….

The Time Trapper returned to their citadel, if their face could be seen, it would describe their mood as anger.

“Damn them! They always try and ruin my plans!” the Trapper let their anger unleashed, as they used the great powers with which they controlled to destroy a wall with a telekinetic blast. This temper tantrum did little to relieve their frustration. As they sat down, their robes flowing to the side, decided to do the one thing that always seemed to bring calm: glimpsing into the past adventures of Kara Zor-El. The Trapper knew the obsession with her was wrong, that they should be afraid of her, the endless possibilities of her being the instrument to end their existence. They didn’t care, all that mattered was the long forgotten feelings her image gave them. But this time was going to be different, as they observed one of many possibilities the long thought dead Kara might experience: one of pain, torment as her mind was fractured, only to be remolded into an instrument of destruction. This caused the anger boiling in the Trapper to the surface, as they let out a long and painful scream, shaking the very ground beneath their feet.

“No! This can’t happen, I will not allow it!” The Trapper bellowed, standing up with such force as to obliterate their chair.

“Whoever is responsible for manipulating my dear Kara, will regret they EVER crossed me!” As they stormed out, the image of a corrupted Kara, a sinister grin on her face as she set a world ablaze with her heat vision….revelling every second of it.

Last edited by SaturnGirlLover; 05/21/23 01:36 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,954
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
doublechinner
doublechinner
Chicago, IL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star