Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:10 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:03 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 16 Jan 24
Harbinger #1032699 01/16/24 01:58 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
wow, Jed and Tel really need some more counseling!!

and ouch indeed, nice scene with Tinya and Imra, and highlighting all they're going through... love Imra's tactics and humor, there!

why am I not surprised Bgztl is matriarchal... just look at how Reboot Winema was... though that would be doing her a disservice, Winema was simply a force of nature lol

nice nod to Garth and Imra being engaged,

and I lvoe the mentions of Zoe being fashion consultant to Jo too

interesting seeing Dann use his power to change his appearance so... I wonder if you are going somewhere deep with this, or if it's just a touch of passing characterization

sweet, Otaki and Nel make a cute couple

Mentalla II! yeah! nice to see Mentalla's legacy live on in another reality

another great installment Harbi, looking forward to more more more

Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 19 Feb 24
Harbinger #1033880 02/19/24 06:27 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Home Base, the Academy:

Kid Flux - Uri Yekolleks of Rim World Stratokoviesk xii, hyper-reactive adaption to threat
Mentalla ii - Enali Dricommo of Titan, psionic possession and limited telepathy,

It was twenty minutes later. Uri had opened up to Enali about his dizzy spells. She had asked him if there was anything she could do to help - no criticism about keeping it to himself, or overly fussing emotional scene, just good Titanian pragmatism. Uri admired her in that moment for her support.

"I keep feeling like I should go home but... I'm not sure if it's right. I want to get back to the place where I found... it found me... where it began."

She had heard the story behind how he gained his abilities so understood what he meant.

"Okay... Henry will warp us there. We are allowed to visit our families, daily if we really want, aren't we?"

Uri had smiled, understanding immediately that it wouldn't be his family they were going to see, though the holo-man from the future didn't need to know that. The two students left his apartment and made their way to the warp control room.

Henry surprised them when they had asked for a warp to Stratokoviesk xii.

Uri had explained to the holo-man that the wedding had made him think about his family and, as he didn't really know Jo or Tinya, he thought it would be a good idea that he'd use the time off to pop home instead. Enali put her arm around his body and smiled at her fellow student as he spoke, doing a fair impression of a love sick young woman. The warp controller looked at the two students and shook his head.

"Uri, you must be aware that at this time the team are monitoring all known artefacts connected to the Sgargrathi Confederation. This is due to a series of crimes involving both known and unknown meta-criminals that have resulted in multiple deaths. This is particularly concerning as the Confederation were one of the deadliest, most predatorial species known in the Milky Way's long history. Your abilities are connected to their technology, so it would be unwise to leave the Academy without gaining proper clearance. I am sorry but given the potentially serious risk I must decline to assist you, and strongly advise that you do not leave Home Base until it has been authorised by one of your tutors."

There was an awkward silence before Kid Flux nodded his head and said, "...okay. Thanks Henry." He had never heard of Henry giving advice to a student before, so he knew something important had just taken place.

After the holo-man popped out of existence before them, the students looked at each other.

"What does that mean?" Elani asked, her expression mirroring the surprise on Uri's face.

"I have no idea... umm, I'm ...do you think I should tell the tutors what's going on? I did some research on the Sgargrathi when I got here and they were really nasty so if the way I feel somehow involves them... what do you think?"

"Don't worry Uri, I'm sure the main team can take care of this without you getting dragged into it. And anyway, I got you." Enali smiled as she said this, before she hugged the confused young man.

The older Jazmin, Jan and Kent stood at the bar beside Gim and Yera. The group were keeping an eye on how much the students that were attending were drinking. Both Gim and Jan had perfected hard stares that gave quite a few of the student body pause... Yera was trying hard not to laugh which made Jazmin giggle.

Umbra sat next to Shadow Lass, Lady Memory and Jefarri Assam - the newly promoted Chief Adjudicator of the Peoples of Talok viii and also the current Champion of the Forests. The four women had spent several days together and become increasingly close. They shared small jokes and teased each other with a careful consideration that those raised to be Planetary Champions, and so therefore were often alone serving duties beyond their own control, aspired to have. If they had all been fully honest at that moment, they would have admitted that it was as close as they had ever felt towards other Talokeans. Jeffari, having been brought up as a commoner amongst the Forest People had quickly learned that the Planetary Champions were required to act in a certain way... she still struggled but at least tried. That said, she had strongly pressed back when she was told she was not allowed to smile in public. She now made a point of doing this at every opportunity, and both Tasmia and Kahnya shared her view and were now actively supporting her by giving their widest smiles whenever possible.

The Dead Brain walked through a warp, leading a small team from the Khundian Battle Brigade. The mystic known as Pressure Point followed close behind with the warrior called the Wrecker, and, after a few seconds Gates trundled through before the warp closed. The Vygran former Legionnaire no longer wore his red hooded top, and now had a striking black and gold uniform. His beak and his claws were painted with red spots. His cloak was held up into three points a full meter above his head before spilling voluminously behind him. He looked particularly uncomfortable!

XS was the first to greet Gates, though many from both team went over to their Vyrgan colleague. It was while the crows gathered around gates that Power Boy arrived. No one noticed that Gravity Kid wasn't with him. Tel Vole arrived several minutes later and made his way to the bar, where his husband was clearly not waiting for him...

The two Nura Nals had noticeably avoided each other, just polite smiles and nods through the crowd. Both Star Boys had noticed and in an attempt to bridge the gap, they approached each other and started to talk. As they did the two Nuras smiled at each other and with a nod of the head agrred to go to the bar together. They wanted their boyfriends to talk and get to know each other and both knew the other would be stand off-ish and do that awkward 'man-thing' while they waited for their partners to fnish chatting. Neither of the Thom Kallor's were especially outward going, so at least this way they had made the choice themselves and didn't feel forced into it by their respective partners.

Poltergeist joined several of the more junior team members as they congregated at the rear of the seating. Strobe approached him and they started to chat - they had build an unlikely friendship due to the simple fact they both had dreadlocks. Hair maintenance was not a topic that many of their colleagues really cared for, but the two junior members knew that with hair like theirs it was an essential skill. The other junior team members and several students teased them about their conversations quite mercilessly though both young men just smiled and carried on, seemingly oblivious of the oft repeated good-natured comments of "just wash and comb your hair like a everyone else."

Tellus could feel the excitement bubble in the psychic aether around his colleagues and the youths from the alternate universe. It was giddy, almost euphoric at times. The concept of taking a singular life partner was quite strange to him but he knew that humans appeared to see some special relevance to the act. Candi and Grava were surreptitiously handing out tissues to many of the guests while they were waiting for the service to begin, and Tellus stood close to the two young women as they exuded such happiness... he basked in their warm psychic glow, echoing it out around him.

Otaki and Power Lass were complimented by many of their fellow guests for their matching outfits. The two young women smiled, with Bna resting her head against Nel's shoulder once they finally took a seat next to Lexikon and Sky-Lieutenant Annanch'ha. The Tamaraneans smiled at their colleagues before continuing their whispered conversation. Otaki was happy to sense the loving bond between the pair and she gave Nel a small nudge and nodded to the two golden skinned teammates with a small smile.

Glorith has asked Southern Lights if he wanted to sit beside her and Xao, but the winged mystic had declined saying his wings made normal seating awkward and, he added with a smile, they would obscure the view for those behind him. Instead he stood at the back of the congregated crowd with Dawnstar. Glorith glanced around at one point and saw his arm was around her waist and the tracker's head was rested on his shoulder. Her chair creaked ominously...

Kinetix wiped the tears from her eyes as Tinya and Jo approached the dias where they would give their vows. The young telekinetic had originally planned on something far, far more elaborate for Tinya, but as they had worked through the list if 'must-haves' they both agreed that something refined and elegant would be perfect. Zoe dabbed at her eyes, as she realised that the security measures meant the media would never see the wonderful outfits that she had made for the bride and groom to wear today. Gahaji had told her it didn't matter, there would be holos that in years to come she could share. She had smiled at her boyfriend, though said nothing as she knew he would never understand.

Surprising many, the young Rokk Krinn stepped forward to officiate the ceremony. Rokk wore a long dark gray traditional Morning Jacket with pale purple threading and a gold chain strung in a zig zag from his right shoulder zig down that side, and a white ruffled shirt underneath matching the grooms, and straight legged trousers. He was clearly echoing the antiquated pirate look that Jo carried off so well. The Braalian hero was not quite as successful in that endeavour though there was no denying he definitely looked dapper.

Rokk gave a small speech on Tinya and Jo before starting the vows, telling quick tales of their adventures together and the example he said they set that proved that love could triumph - if the effort was put in! Several of the guests had happy tears in his eyes as he finished his speech. Rokk did too. Behind him, as the evening sun lowered itself into the horizon, the old team house glowed in warm amber tones. The sky above, clear of clouds, gently faded into muted hues of deep blue as distant stars and satellites started to appear. The screens that the team and Science Police had erected around the event kept the crowds from seeing in but they could all see more and more people and media drones as the evening progressed.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 19 Feb 24
Harbinger #1033881 02/19/24 07:52 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
yay, more!

still tickled pink that you have a Mentalla II - I always felt the original Mentalla should have gotten more credit for infiltrating the Fatal Five for so long, and so successfully!

Henry's future knowledge sure is helpful, and I like how he uses it!

Bless Jefarri, I love how she's getting the other Talokeans to smile in public more!

Gates! Finally! Been looking forward to him showing up, this will be good!

LOL at the Nuras subtly, er, nudging, their respective Thoms, hah!

love Poltergeist and Strobe bonding over their hair!

oof, jealousy rears its head in Glorith!

and of course, the wings, nice of our Starhavenites to also think of that

hahahaha it is so Zoe, to also cry because the media will never see the ouftits she created, hahahahah

also a big ha, at Jo being more "pirate-y": than Rokk

beautiful. eager to read more... who will be the first to give Gates a talking-to, I wonder? tongue

Legion Worlds Nine updated 25 Mar 24
Harbinger #1034951 03/25/24 08:18 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Both Jo and Tinya gave short speeches, stating their love for one another.

After Rokk had declared them officially married a cheer went up from the assembled guests and Tinya suggested they take to the sky to give the crowds outside something to remember. Almost all of the assembled Legionnaires and guests used their flight rings to take to the air as the opaque force-sphere around the wedding opened up at the top like a flower opening to the newly risen sun to allow then to fly out into the evening twilit sky. Several spotlights sprung into life, illuminating the group as they took to the sky above. In the twilit sky, Tinya's dress shimmered with pale greens and pinks, as if made from the inside of rare shells.

The roaring cheer from the crowd outside was deafening!

Around the plaza were literally thousands of beings crowded into any open spaces, keen to glimpse their heroes. Air cars and media spy-eyes had been held back by the huge city's resident traffic monitoring AI system. Still, there were hundreds of beings in the air; either using their natural abilities or technology that was primitive enough to not be affected by the AI's orders.

Several dozen more from amongst the crowd had some abilities towards flight and took to the air to join the swarming flock of Legionnaires. For a minute or so there was a sense of pandemonium as the Legionnaires and the flying crowd mingled. Several of the team positioned themselves around the newly married couple and respectfully turned the approaching members of the public away.

Zoe had noted that several of the U247 team were actively avoiding her as the flew across the cityscape, waving to the cheering crowds below. . Gahaji reminded her that in their reality, their Kinetix had died fighting Mordru, so perhaps seeing her reminded them how much they missed their friend... just as he would be broken inside if anything were to happen to her here in their own reality. Zoe considered this for a few seconds before agreeing with her boyfriend and giving him a quick kiss.

Mosaic and Little Loki flew up together. As students at the Academy on intern duties they had been invited and of course jumped at the chance of attending a Legion wedding. They both knew that there was no guarantee that they would make it to the big team so were taking every opportunity to interact with the Legionnaires whenever they could. The two young men were following behind Timber Wolf and Shield, and trying not to laugh as they listened in to the bickering between the two Legionnaires. Laurel had apparently promised Brin that she would wear a little more than usual for the occasion, and instead she had a red, very mini-shirt and sky blue short crop top with gold and red zig zagged lines around the plunging neckline, with a large joopli bloom on a fascinator in her hair. She was barefoot, both students noticed. Brin London had obviously had word of the pirate theme as he wore an extravagant shirt with frilled cuffs and decorative pleats running down the front, with brown baggy trousers tucked into black boots. The students were aware that Kinetix had been working on a themed wedding design and both wished they had taken up her offer to get an outfit made for them, as it was a dapper look that would probably be setting trends for months to come.

As the young Rokk Krinn flew amongst the team he had tears in his eyes. This experience was amazing! He had almost given up hope of their ever being in a place where they would be seen as true heroes again. At his side, Jazmin Cullen smiled at the crowds below, her happiness seemed to radiate from her.

"I love you Jazmin. I love you so much!" Rokk said as he turned towards Jazmin.

"And I love you too Rokk!" She felt a momentary surprise as she replied - they had never been expressive of their feelings and she could see on her partners face how close to the surface his emotions were at that moment, and she totally understood and reciprocated. She swerved around to kiss him on the cheek, though he turned at the same moment and instead they embraced and passionately locked lips.

"Hey Rokk... cameras remember, there'll be children watching." Thom Kallor's droll voice said from close-by.

"Leave them alone, jealousy is so unattractive." Dreamer said as she pulled her boyfriend in for a similar kiss.

Back on the Plaza, there were twenty of the wedding guests still on the ground.

Jed Rikane watched as the crowd of his teammates took to the air.

He would usually have been amongst them with the widest of smiles on his face. But... but, as everyone had taken to the air he had looked around for Tel and had spotted him, already in flight and clearly had not bothering to look for his husband as the gravity manipulator flew among the U247 team. Jed knew at the moment that it was over. They had been struggling more and more lately, and despite every week attending their counselling session it felt that for every step forward they took there were several going backwards. He felt exhausted by it. Tel was so immature sometimes; spiteful. Jed could feel the tears start to swell in his eyes and after quickly wiping them with his shirt sleeve, the muscular mutant put on his widest smile and made his way to the bar where he saw Gim and Yera speaking with a couple of the students.

Nor far away, the Dead Brain and the older Brainiac 5 were in a discussion about security strategies across their respective borders. With the recent issues that the Legion had experienced with the Dominion the two teams resident geniuses knew they needed to share relevant information if they were to remain safe. Several of their teammates drifted close by though when they heard what was being discussed decided to not trouble the two of them.

Shvaughn Erin and Roon Dvron had been keeping out of the way of the team. The two Science Police officers were on strict orders not to cause any sort of a scene. Instead, they chaperoned the DJ for the evening - a young Coluan with a surprising aptitude for rhythm, Brel Marqu Da Tune had a reputation for playing stunning sets, had been only too honoured when Professor Dox had personally contacted him and offered to have Henry warp him in for the evening. The music was going to be broadcast across all Legion streams that evening - it was an absolute coup for the young DJ to have an audience of potentially millions as people tuned in for all across the Milky Way. Even as he stepped out the warp and the two SPOs approached him, Ulu Vakk flew towards the Coluan and spoke in rapid-fire about how the substitute Legionnaire would enhance his set... Shvaughn groaned!

Gates and the young Brainiac 5 spoke for several minutes, both were clearly happy to catch up with the other. A few of the Vyrgan's former teammates approached them and tried to join in with the conversation though it was clear they were not really welcome. Neither Gates nor the young Querl were rude, though they would quickly get back to the subject they were discussing and ignore their teammate.

"We would like to have you join us when we leave in two days." Querl said.

"I... the Vyrgans of the reality have no idea of their true history. I have been educating them, but..."

"They have their own history in this reality Tiā€™Julk. Your history is not necessarily the correct one for them."

"I know! But... they are so... the Khunds rescued them about five thousand years ago from the Dominion and they are still acting like they owe them everything. Their culture is... it is so ugly, subservient and capitalistic!" He spat the last word out like the vilest curse.

"Do you think you can make a difference if you remain here my friend?"

"I have been trying to..."

"Are your results matching or exceeding your efforts?" Querl asked softly.

"Tsk... no, you know they aren't. They treat me like I'm some superstar and parade me around, though when I try to speak... it is awful."

"So why give yourself this impossible task. I have missed you and..."

"Maybe, maybe though Querl, don't make this difficult ...please."

Hotzone interview - Raymond Luxury-Yacht and Dirk Morgna

"...that's interesting Dirk, now tell me, have you heard anything from your old friends and teammates if these inter-dimensional team will be leaving or not? Word on the street is they'll stay and set up their own team and..."

"Haha, sorry Raymond old buddy, but I can't disclose that. Can I just get back to what an absolute delight it is to see Jo and Salu... and Andy, again. I was privileged to be a close friend with each of them and they are the best of the bunch!"

"Best of the best, eh?"

"Absolutely! The teenage visitors are a great reminder of what the Legion was... and what it should be. Fired up with that optimism and positivity, they are a true inspiration for us all!" Dirk gave a wide smile as he finished.

Raymond Luxury-Yacht raised an eyebrow at his co-hosts comment, reading through the lines at what Dirk Morgna was really saying.

"So, back to news... what can you tell us about these visitors..."

"Well, we have met before y'know. Not all of the teams adventures are shared with the public..."

"Tell us more!" Raymond leaned it, wondering if the former Sun Boy might spill the tea on a scoop that could help the Hotzone's hosts career...

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 25 Mar 24
Harbinger #1034958 03/25/24 01:59 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
ah lovely, I love these big parade type group shots!

I can see why some flying members of the public would want to join in!

nice touch, having some of the Reboot Legionnaires feel awkward about Zoe. Good old Gahaji, he's really good for her eh? they complement each other so

Zoe will be pleased to know that some folks are regretting NOT getting an outfit from her!

awww at a lot of other couples getting swept up in the emotion. (I wonder if Rokk and Jazmin will tie the knot soon, too?)

aww, poor Jed. I get him, though. Tel can be quite spiteful, and that's really painful...

of course, music is also intelligence! Great to see a gifted Coluan DJ!

yes! Gates and young Brainy! nice convo there, very true to form, with Brainy appealing to logic, but also open enough to admit he misses his friend. and Gates being torn.

Oh Dirk. just like Dirk to mention the living counterparts of his dead ex-teammates in an interview... and to take a snipe at the current Legion too. tsk! I can imagine some reactions will folllow...

Harbinger #1035130 04/01/24 04:11 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
The good thing about not being around for a while is I get a couple posts to catch up on! Let's gooooo!!!

oooh I feel like Mentalla talking Kid Flux out of going to the grown-ups with his concerns is gonna come back and bite them on the nass!

The line about Shady and the other Talokeans feeling closer to one another than they ever have anyone else from their world was sad, but rings true - it keeps with Shady's tendency toward aloofness.

Poor Gates, I can imagine how uncomfortable he would be hahahaha...the black and gold uniform sounds cool though!

Tellus being surprised by the idea of taking a single life partner is a neat way of throwing in some character-building!

I like the touch of the U247 team avoiding Zoe as well....it must be difficult being around her counterpart who is most like the Zoe they would all remember most fondly.

I never thought of the Legion setting fashion trends, but it is one of those things that totally makes sense and is something I wish I'd thought of now! Good work!

Rokk having a little emotional moment with Jaz was nice and well-deserved too....I wonder if they might be next? smile

Aww, poor Jed....can't say that it is a surprise though if they do break up, and have tried. Tel really is kind of a jerk across all universes though laugh

Aww again at Brainy and Gates...Brainy misses his pal smile

I'm sorry but Raymond Luxury-Yacht is an amazing name for a TMZ type guy, I can't remember if we have seen him before or not but I love it laugh

Harbinger #1035142 04/01/24 12:36 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
pretty sure Raymond Luxury-Yacht appeared in the Threeboot - love the name too smile

Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 2 April 24
Harbinger #1035171 04/02/24 07:38 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The League of Super Heroes (Former Academy Students):

Kid Dynamo - Ja Vlo of Dryad - incredible strength and invulnerability
Ballistix - Crishtrakrek 714 of Zuun - synthezoid with great strength, speed, durability, stamina and spaceflight
Magno Lass - Josi Rista of Braal - Magnokinesis
Kid Nimbus - Kendall Mekensy-Wolff the Fifth of Dryad - assume gaseous form
Flipside - Drannananna Otticolli of Grathvarth V - fast, agile, manipulate personal gravity orientation
Slingshot - Prince Alfon Gundrix Maunheesta of the Grindlaw Colonies of System Mondarsh - hyper-charge kinetic potential of objects by touch

The Aldronlliphean Mega-Station is one of the seven wonders of the Aldronlliphea Major system.

The other six wonders are all hotly disputed, and in fact whether or not there are actually six other wonders is in fact most often what is so fiercely debated. Or at least, if this subject were ever to come up it would be....

It was quite large though, as a mostly artificial satellite went, with a roughly estimated population of somewhere around the three million mark. Given the transient nature of a sizeable percentage of this estimate, the truth was no-one could ever be totally sure how many sentients there were at any one time on the station.

The mega-station was seen as the very last place within the United Planets where one could be assured of the rule of law before traveling out to the Far Rim Worlds and Outer Colonies. The assurance of law is relative, of course, so it is not to say that this huge floating space shipyard-cum-layover point-cum-supply store-cum- brothel wasn't without crime or a criminal element. Where statistics of reported crimes ever to be audited it is likely that a substantially larger than average - for the UP - rate of crime would be found to be recorded. As it was estimated that at most 10% of all crime were ever reported it is likely that the Mega-station had in fact one of the most active criminal elements of any official United Planets station or planetary system, short only of certain less salubrious sections of Rimbor.

Anyone who ever had spent any amount of time here would agree.

Prince Alfron Gundrix Maunheesta knew full well about the truth behind the mega-station's unsavoury reputation from first-hand experience. On his way to Earth to join the Legion Academy, he had been attacked and beaten here. A robber had tried to steal his wallet but his abilities had saved him. The robber's associate had wacked the young and naĆÆve prince firmly over the head with a piece of 2x4 after seeing his unsuccessful accomplice being thrown away by the young prince's powers. As the young and very stunned prince tried to regain his feet the robber's associate punched him in the face and rummaged his pockets. Thankfully the young prince's wallet had been within a DNA locked pocket so his money and identity were not taken that day. Only his pride...

Eighteen months later, after leaving the Legion Academy, the Prince had suggested to the group of meta-beings he currently associated with that this would be a good place for them to start to achieve a reputation that would, ultimately, allow them to be seen as the galactic heroes they all wanted to be.

That had been a several months ago. It had taken them six weeks to get to the mega-station as both Ja Vlo and Kendall Mekensy-Wolff the Fifth had both wanted to visit their relatives before they went adventuring. They then stocked up on supplies and fuel for Slingshots personal space-disc yacht as the young prince had assured them that the price of goods would rise exponentially as they moved further out from the Inner Worlds towards the Outer Rim.

In the months that the former Academy students had been here they had stopped a total of four muggings, caught a rather scrawny youth as he ran away from some reasonably artistic graffiti on the side of a civic building with two spray cans in his hands, helped a damaged space craft successfully dock on one of the North-end pads, spoken at three classrooms for the stations education centre about the role of meta-beings in galactic stability and, assisted with crowd control during an off season visit to the mega-station by the current holders of Laser Ball Championship League Golden Holsters, the Ventura Blasters. They knew there was a lot of criminal activity going on, they could almost smell it in the aether around them, but without actually witnessing it there was very little they could do.

None of the team were feeling particularly great about their achievements. It wasn't quite how they imagined breaking into super-heroics would go.

Kid Nimbus and Flipside had both taken to spending time on their own to hide their disappointment at their current circumstances, while Ballistix often volunteered with the Pilots Guild; lending a hand at the landing pads and making routine inspections of space buoys. Meanwhile, Magno Lass and Kid Dynamo were clearly trying to hide that they were seeing each other in more than a purely professional manner and would sneak around together. So, generally, the young prince that had suggested they come out here to help clean up the mega-station from the rot that occupied it found he was sat on board their retro designed saucer ship alone monitoring the local security broadcasts

Of course, he also monitored all the news streams regarding the Legion to check that Atom Girl was okay. They had only contacted each other twice since he left... Prince Alfon knew Sylva had been annoyed that he chose to join this team, but he had genuinely thought they would have worked out some solution. Especially as the Legion had Henry to open warps in space for them. It appeared to him that the solution she had arrived at involved the Legionnaire avoiding him.

Right now all of the news streams coming from the Inner Worlds were full of images and footage of the wedding of the Ultra Boy and Phantom Girl from another reality. The young couple had decided to get married in Metropolis on Earth and were currently leading a flying stream of their colleagues around the city to the roaring approval of the many thousands of spectators below.

Atom Girl was part of the flying procession and Prince Alfon could clearly see she smiled with genuine happiness as she waved to the cheering crowds. Flying alongside a twirling Gravity Kid, she blew extravagant kisses at the happy, noisy throng of sentients below, laughing in delight, tossing her hair as she did...

If ever there was an image of an ex-partner who had moved on to live a better life, he knew he was looking at it right at that moment.

Overall, the young prince was less than satisfied by how his plan was turning turned out.

The Scardilleo - the local security officers of the station who were supposedly impossible to bribe (though no-one - absolutely no-one! - believed that), used security broadcasts to share soothing propaganda (that no-one took seriously).

Every now and again though, an actual event worthy of the young meta-team would be announced. Annoyingly for Prince Alfron, the team were rarely available in time to deal with the problems that were being broadcasted, and only the day before they had missed an opportunity to help in a residential fire. As had become their habit, the team were spread out across the mega-station doing their own things.

And, of course, at that very moment when an alert was shared that was the case:

"All sentients are urged to avoid the Second Level Arcade!" the announcement broke through an advert for Silverale, "There is a situation happening and we urge your co-operation to ensure there are no further casualties or hostages... ah, um collateral damage... wha'?" Whoever was speaking had obviously been yanked away from the microphone and an older and more steady voice continued, "Yes, Sentients, please help us to help you by avoiding the Second Level Arcade while we deal with a situation that has arisen, thank you again beloved citizens."

Slingshot jumped up from his seat, activated the team's alarm on the flight ring network and ran to the anti-grav chute that would take him to the Second Level Arcade. Thankfully, he thought, it was only a klick or so away, so he could get there in quickly.

Using his flight ring to levitate quietly through the rows of now empty shops on the Second Level arcade, Prince Alfon was struck by a strange thought:

The First Level was where the fancy shops traded - widely recognised brands from the UP - and high-end traders all jostled for the credits the crowds brought. Meanwhile, the Third Level was where the banks and financial institutions were established... the second Level arcade was mostly full of the smaller independent trader or the cut-price bargain shops. There were stores full of junk taken of deserted crafts found fliating outside, swapshops, and charity displays. So why would anyone create trouble here when there were much richer pickings to be had both above and below? Unless it was a way to access the levels above or below...

<Hey, your maj... what's the scoop?> Flipside asked through their flight ring generated telepathic matrix as she ran along the ceiling towards him from the opposite end of the corridor, her prehensile tail curled as it hung beneath her.

"I've told you before, my title is Your Highness..." He smiled as he softly said this; the team had been teasing him about his title since the day he joined the academy. For the most part, he really didn't care for it, though it had opened a few doors for him before so, when necessary, he knew how to use it.

The Scardilleo Officers already on site were unhappy that the two of the team were here, but as the former students had been given special dispensation by Madame Three, the current owner and CEO of the station, the team had full access to any level of the station they needed. It also meant they were allowed to take point in special circumstances, for instance if there were ever a suspected meta-being crime. It was something of a joke amongst many of the councillors in the station that they had their own team of meta-heroes but they had never had to use them. The senior members of the council also knew full well that if the team were ever proved to be fully effective then they would most likely lose a lot of their income, so this amateur team of teenagers was perfect for their own PR, and for keeping the credits flowing into their purses...

The Team knew that eventually they would be needed, or at least they had hoped they might be...

The security staff had let them pass the cordons though were clearly not impressed. There was a hostage situation in one of the stores at the centre of the middle floor mall - twelve sentients were being held by a group of heavily armed men.

<where's the rest of the team? Where are you, we have an actual mission here!> Prince Alfron asked. His exasperation showed as he opened out the question to the whole team.

<I'm ahead of you slow pokes, just away to enter the store> Kid Nimbus replied.

They all knew that in his gaseous state he could easily sneak into virtually any place so he was the best one to find out what was happening.

"Guys, uuugh, get in here." Kid Nimbus shouted.

Both Slingshot and Flipside could tell by their friend's shaky tone of voice that they were not going to be walking into a pleasant situation.

It was worse that they could have imagined.

Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 2 April 24
Harbinger #1035185 04/02/24 01:46 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
ah, been a while since we've seen this bunch!

power-wise, they're no slouches, so I could see them eventually becoming full Legionnaires if they had tried. (I still remember Brainiac 5 standing up for Slingshot, using science to show just how powerful his abilities were!)

these kids have actually done a lot of good! not super flashy, but a lot of good.

ah yes, I remember Atom Girl and Slingshot dating. ah well... poor Slingshot.

heh at the less experienced announcer letting some facts (re casualties) slip

good of Slingshot to use his noodle. I bet you're going to tie this incident into your overall mystery!

love the teasing about his title!

LOL at the shady dealings of the council...

oh wow, what a cliffhanger! here's hoping the team do prove they are effective!

Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 11 April 24
Harbinger #1035405 04/11/24 07:59 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer

Ballistix - Crishtrakrek 714 of Zuun - synthezoid with great strength, speed, durability, stamina and spaceflight
Flipside - Drannananna Otticolli of Grathvarth V - fast, agile, manipulate personal gravity orientation
Slingshot - Prince Alfon Gundrix Maunheesta of the Grindlaw Colonies of System Mondarsh - hyper-charge kinetic potential of objects by touch

The Aldronlliphean Mega-Station in the Aldronlliphea Major system on the edge of Galactic South Rim Space.

In the twenty seconds it took the two young heroes to reach the room, Kid Nimbus had moved outside into the corridor and was aggressively vomiting.

Slingshot and Flipside took a deep breath before they looked through the doorway...

All of the hostages were dead; eviscerated. Their blood and entrails festooned the small storage space. There was no sign of the armed group that had bundled them in here.

Flipside ran outside almost immediately and joined her team mate as she puked in horror and disgust.

Slingshot hovered in the doorway. He felt his lunch rise up but he kept control.

As he took in the horrific sight in front of him, he realised he could still hear things: low chattering, shuffling... all the noises that they would expect if they were listening from outside and the hostages were still alive.

Prince Alfon tried not to breathe too deeply as he held his hand out and willed his flight ring to scan the room. The smell of freshly carved bodies was thick and cloying and he felt his eyes start to water.

It took a long twenty seconds, though when he had finished the scan a hard light screen popped up with its findings. In amongst the stock and horrible human debris, there were two pieces of technology that didn't below. According to the scans, they were recording devices that played the noises that the former Academy student could hear.

"This is a distraction! Damn!" The young prince levitated out of the doorway and swiped his hand in front of the sensor to close it behind him. He knew what he had to do and wasn't looking forward to it.

Madam Three owned the station and ran it with a ruthless disdain. She was a legend in this sector. In part due to her success and flamboyance, though also for how mercurial she could be - if she liked you, your time would be relatively easy, but if she didn't... and, no-one really knew how she decided who she would like and who she wouldn't so it was seen as a wise course to avoid her if at all possible.

"Madam Three..." He called into his flight ring. They had been told they would be given direct access to the stations CEO if ever they needed it, though in all the time they had been here, none of them had tried. "Madam Three, it's Prince Alfon... Slingshot!"

"Yes, I know, little hero boy, what do you want?" Her tone made it clear she was not happy at being interrupted in whatever she had been doing.

The young prince explained what he and his teammates had found, and what he presumed it meant. He ended by asking for full access to the stations security feeds; the armed attackers must have gone somewhere, and he reasoned that there would be something else going on that they hoped to keep the security services busy enough so as not to disturb it.

"Hmm, I suppose that makes sense. You will be granted access for one hour." And with that she cut the feed between them.

Slingshot's scan had found traces of a known DNA - that of an alien that the Legion had recently dealt with. His flight ring database flagged extreme caution would be required as a holo popped up of a four armed, red skinned being whose fingers seemed to extend into blades.

He used the stations sensors to search for it, though the system was far from perfect and it took several long minutes before a report reached him that the unknown DNA had been found on a lower level. He had sent the coordinates to the whole team, even as he grabbed Flipside and Kid Nimbus to race down twenty three levels to where the sensors said the strange DNA could now be found. He knew that it was likely that the three teammates that were currently elsewhere on the station would get there before them. He hope they would be in time to deal with the being responsible for the massacre on the second Level Arcade.

"Call the big team Alfron... you saw that alert, this is heavy duty doodoo!" Flipside said.

"We can deal with it..." Kid Nimbus said, his eyes were have closed as he flew as fast as his flight ring could carry him.

"Dranna's right Ken... if this thug has got a warning like that we might not... "

"'nuff talking." Flipside held her right hand up to her face and willed her flight ring to broadcast a message to the Legion. "Legion, it's Flipside, we've come across a four armed bladed fingered killing beast on the Aldronlliphean Mega-Station in the Aldronlliphea Major system. Requesting assistance, I repeat we need your assistance. Am sending co-ordinates of where we suspect it is." She willed the message to include all the data that Slingshot had shared with the team and hoped that the Legion would arrive soon.

"Kid Dynamo's gonna be real pissed you did that, this is our chance to prove ourselves y'know." Even as Kid Nimbus said this he started to laugh, "We're rubbish heroes, aren't we? Calling for help on our first real mission..."

"So long as we catch that ugly frickin' bastard and survive, we're good." Slingshot said gruffly.

"Oh, you been slumming it too long if you're using language like that your Maj. Go wash your mouth out!" Flipside retorted with a smile.

Ballistix had been in one of the central level docking bays when the announcement had reached her. The Zuunian synthesoid immediately took to the air and flew towards the rendezvous point, calculating the quickest route with incredible efficiency. Within the atmosphere of the station she could not reach her fastest speed though she still knocked over several people in a corridor with the wind that tore in her wake. She had seen them and calculated that they looked fit enough to not sustain meaningful injuries.

The silver skinned synthetic woman was the first of the team to arrive. She was in a long dark corridor which had been hewn out of the bedrock of the asteroid that the station had originally been built around. Even had she not calculated that she was approaching the correct place, the three heavily armed men who started firing at her were a good indication that the trouble Slingshot had warned the team to expect was correct.

Ballistix increased her speed and smashed into them, knocking them roughly into the walls. She heard bones snap but as she could also hear their breathing as they lay in a heap on the floor she did not stop to check on them - as far as she was concerned they were still alive and she had a mission, so their health could wait.

Ahead of her a thin man with a blond crewcut, wearing military fatigues appeared out of the darkness. He had obviously heard her bashing the guards and was coming to investigate, though unlike the first three, he was unarmed.

"They send a sprockin' robot... haha, this'll be fun" Even as Ballistix recognised his accent as Braalian, he stretched out a hand and a wave of magnetic force tore through the young synthesoid sending her back along the corridor that she had just flown down. She was viciously bumped against the walls as she flew back. Two hundred metres from where she had encountered him, Ballistix was dropped to the ground where she skidded and rolled to a rough stop.

"You may live to regret that!" She growled as she got back up onto her feet. The synthesoid reached out to her side and grabbed a chuck of rock from the rough hewn walls. Her attacker was going to learn, quite painfully that she didn't need to e close to do them damage, after all it was child's play for her to calculate vectors. As she had spend so much time with Slingshot, she had learned how effective a weapon almost any thrown object could be.

She hurled the rock and it smashed into the wall not ten feet from the Braalian. It shattered and dozens of sharp fragment exploding along the corridor. Even as he turned away from the shower of fast moving rocks, Ballistix flew down the corridor at speed, crashing int him only a split second after the small stones had struck him.

She casually dumped him onto the ground and, accessing her enhanced night vision she easily made her way along the twisting dark corridor towards the co-ordinates she had been given.

Ahead, she heard a loud crash!

Kid Dynamo and Magno Lass flew through the corridors towards the under-basement stores.

They had been exploring some of the subterranean structures of the base when Slingshot's message had been broadcast. They knew that their afternoon of finding new and exotic places to have... ahem... intimate moments was over and it was time for them to earn their stipend.

They were already on the lower levels so it was easy enough to reach the area called 'Bedrock' by the locals where the satellite was wedged against original asteroid base.

From the co-ordinates they had been given, Magno Lass estimated they could be there in minutes... perhaps quicker, she reasoned, if Kid Dynamo tore through a couple of metres of the bedrock that between the corridor they were in and the one they needed to get to. Ja Vlo knew that he was nowhere near as smart as Josi Rista so when she suggested they go through the rock below them rather than fly half a klick to the nearest grav-shaft he didn't stop to question it, instead he turned his powerful frame downwards and smashed into the floor beneath them.

Magno Lass had estimated they would crash through rough twenty metres from the co-ordinates they had been sent so she breathed deeply and prepared herself. From what Slingshot had sent through, they were dealing potentially with mass murderers, so she knew they would need to be extra careful. It only took twenty seconds before the powerful young man from the dead world of Dryad had torn through the satellites rocky shell and they dropped into a dark corridor. There had been a lot of noise as the ceiling collapsed onto the corridor below, but they knew that this was an urgent mission, so the time for stealth was past.

Both had spotlights on their belt buckles - standard Legion kit that they had been given before leaving the Academy. It was only because they activated these that they saw the threat as it ran towards them...

The four armed, red skinned alien that the legion database had warned them about was diving towards them - all twenty of his razor clawed fingers were pointed at the two young heroes. Kid Dynamo flew towards him, putting his invulnerable body between the creature that was attacking them and Magno Lass.

With a crash, the attacker struck at the young man from Dryad, their claws ripping the shirt from his torso though thankfully not breaking his skin. Kid Dynamo gave a mighty back handed slap in response, which threw the alien aside to smash into the wall. In the darkness it was difficult to see where he had gone as he quickly scurried back onto his feet.

"Ripper won't stop, so perhaps you should make it easier on yourselves, especially if you want to stay alive, and leave now." The woman's voice came from behind the two young heroes, and as she finished speaking the tunnel was lit by a bitter yellow glow as a sword, composed of energy appeared to spin out of the air. Behind it stood a woman with dark skin and cruel eyes.

Magno Lass had always been rather studious so she recognised the energy signature from their many lessons at the Academy straight away - The floating sword that was flying towards her was a construct created by a Yellow Lantern!

Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 11 April 24
Harbinger #1035430 04/11/24 04:55 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
ooh. wow, these poor kids - I bet they haven't encountered anything like this before.

good on Slingshot for keeping a cool head - he has potential!

I know some people in real life like mercurial Madam Three...

also nice that they still have their flight rings, despite leaving the Academy and presumably cutting all ties... they're not officially affiliated with the Legion anymore, are they?
though if they were allowed to keep their rings...

smart of Flipside to call for backup!

love how Ballistix thinks like a ...well... bit like a computer

ah,Magno Lass and Kid Dynamo give Reboot Tinya/Jo vibes. Tinya was the smarter one, tactically, and Jo would often just follow

a Yellow Lantern! wow! and the Lantern is offering to let them live if they leave... eek!

nice cliffhanger, Harbi!

Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 16 April 24
Harbinger #1035550 04/16/24 02:51 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer

The Aldronlliphean Mega-Station in the Aldronlliphea Major system on the edge of Galactic South Rim Space.

Magno Lass could hear crashing behind her as Kid Dynamo and the red-skinned alien fought.

She tried to ignore it as she tore whatever ferrous material she could from the tunnel walls around her to fashion some sort of weapon or shield. Her outfit had been made with metallic threads that she could use but there was only a couple of ounces of that to work with and she doubted that would be much use against the Yellow Lantern that stood not twenty feet away from her.

Josi concentrated, desperately trying to stop her mind from slipping from the task at hand - she clearly remembered from her Academy class that the yellow Lanterns were manipulators of fear... she would stand her ground, master her emotions... yet even as she had this thought she could feel the primitive part of her mind urge her to turn and tun!

While pulling every bit of metal she could towards them she also ducked and dived in the limited space around her as she dodged out of the way as a sickly yellow cutlass that swung through the air and whooshed centimetres from her head. Small fragments of metallic ore alongside several pieces of piping tore through the walls and spun in towards the Yellow Lantern, breaking her concentration enough the Magno Lass could move further down the corridor, away from their deadly constructs.

Josi concentrated on trying to cover the Lantern's face with the metal debris, as she figured if they couldn't see what they were dong it would be more difficult to strike at her. She also switched off her belt buckle spotlight; she didn't need it as the yellow glow would give her opponent away and, hopefully her dark costume would help keep her from sight and a counter attack in the darkness.

Magno Lass knew this was at best a holding pattern, but she hoped her teammates would arrive quickly and they could tackle these two together.

Kid Dynamo was almost as strong a Ultra Boy and just about as invulnerable as Laurel Kent.

He had trained relentlessly in martial arts and combat techniques. He was top of his group at the Academy for the more physical side of the training almost from the start. Colossal Boy had even complimented the young man on a few occasions for his determination and quick thinking when faced with a physical challenge. And for all that, the red skinned alien with four arms and razor like fingertips was pushing him around in the dark corridor with a childish ease.

As the two fought, it was clear the alien was used to shredding his opponents, and as the young hero's skin was not ripping as the talons tore across it, the alien changed tactics, tearing its claws across the rocks of the tunnel sending sparks and small stones into the former students' eyes, pulling his leg out from under him with one hand while the other three appeared to go for the young mans face... in the darkness, with only his belt buckle spot light giving off any illumination, Ja Vlo was struggling to hold his own.

Kid Dynamo knew he was being beaten in what was becoming a battle of attrition.

Balllistix flew down the corridor at speed.

She could see the flashing of her colleagues spotlights and aimed herself towards them.

<Duck!> the synthesoid sent to her teammates across the flight ring generated telepathic matrix. Both Kid Dynamo and Magno Lass had enough experience working alongside Ballistix to know that she could analyse a situation and then react at great speeds, though often having little concern for repercussions. So, while neither knew what she was doing they both threw themselves at the floor.

With a whoosh the synthesoid flew over Kid Dynamo and grabbed the face of his four armed opponent, dragging him after her as she flew towards the sickly yellow light further down the corridor. She spun and threw the red skinned alien towards his Yellow Lantern colleague. As they crashed together Magno Lass, who had been looking on in awe at Ballistix's action, spun all the metal already under her control into a wire that she wrapped around them.

As Kid Dynamo stood up he turned his spotlight beam onto the two villains. They could see the Yellow Lantern had a nasty gash across her shoulder and left cheek, presumably where her red skinned colleague had tore into her.

"Well done Ballistix, that was bad-ass!" he said with a wide grin.

"Surrender now as next time we will not be so gentle!" Ballistix landed in front of the pair as she uttered her ultimatum.

"You stupid, stupid child... we were the ones being gentle!" The yellow Lantern hissed. On her right hand, her ring pulsed ominously.

Legion World, First Base:

Gear picked up Flipside's distress call and sent out an alert.

There had been volunteers requested to deal with any potential trouble that might arise during the wedding celebration was taking place. Retro had offered to lead a team and, as the alert pinged on the volunteers flight rings he quickly called for them to assemble by the front of the old Club House.

Duplicate Girl, Babbage and from Hope World, Titan were all waiting for him as Deen flew across to the large red door. As he touched down in front of them Starkling's swarm drifted in towards them alongside the Wraithcat, Atomsmasher.

"Wait for us!" Tectonik and Impact from the Academy interns swooped down to join the team, both looked flushed with excitement.

Retro smiled as he relayed what information they had been sent - it appeared the mysterious thieves that they assumed were targeting relics of Sgargrathi technology had turned up on a planetoid satellite... Well, Deen Toro said, he intended to find out what their game was, and not allow them to escape this time. Atomsmasher would be warped outside the station to ensure no-one escaped into space, and the rest were to warp to where several of the former student's flight ring data showed them to be engaged in a confrontation.

Retro didn't mention the mysterious woman that had recognised him on Bibliothecix... if she were with the thieves this time, he would do everything he could to catch her and perhaps he could finally find some answers to all the questions he had about his own past!

"Henry, warp please!"

Harbinger #1035551 04/16/24 03:02 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Hey IB, thanks again for your kindfeedback - here's some more for you.

When this group left the Academy to form their own team, Brainiac 5 gifted the rings and tech to them. I've had my team give out flight rings to quite a few of their allies - the Dead Brain has one, the Lallorian team, the Wanderers. The way I see it, the Legion would want those pthers to contact them as quickly as possible if they needed help, and also kinda sorta monitor these other teams and so be better informed if something major where to happen with them.

Ballistix thinks like a computer , absolutely right - fast, logical, pragmatic and with no nuances at all laugh

Madam Three is based on someone I used to work with that was a total tyrant, though just about pleasant enough to not cause a rebellion. Unfortunately, we'll all meet people like that from time to time.

Kid Dynamo and Magno Lass as the next gen Jo and Tinya? Yeah, that's pretty close to how I see them too smile

More soon as the Legion arrive, Atomsmasher gets some action and we might get another clue to what is really going on.

Harbinger #1035563 04/16/24 01:19 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
hi Harbi, yay more! and thanks for the background info - very practical indeed of the Legion to give flight rings to some allies!

ooh here comes the cavalry, hopefully they will be in time...

Harbinger #1035622 04/21/24 04:25 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Hi Harbi,

Glad to see there is some more to catch up on, I didn't realise it's been so long since I logged on!

Good scene setting with the description of the Aldronlliphean Mega-Station, and I quite like the idea of DNA locked pockets!

I also like that for all the League's good intentions, crime doesn't usually just conveniently appear in front of someone, waiting to be stopped - it's very much a trope for superheroes to just stumble across evildoers in their everyday life so it's good to see the inverse of that sometimes!

The team's reactions to the slaughter is a good way to show they're still newbies, and I like that they're not too proud to call for help when they feel over their heads.

OOH A YELLOW LANTERN!!!! There is so much potential with the rest of the Lantern Corps outside of the green ones a thousand years in the future, I am looking forward to finding out more!

Interesting squad for the Legion to assemble...Starkling and Atomsmasher are always fun, and I wonder what Retro's gonna find out?

EDIT: wait maybe I'm dumb....I just went back and re-read the Bibliothecix adventure.....is the Yellow Lantern the same woman who knew Retro?? Intrigue!!!!

Last edited by razsolo; 04/21/24 04:34 AM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,957
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Bi-Polar Boy
Bi-Polar Boy
in a lithium haze
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star