Roll Call
2 members (Gaseous Lad, Sarcasm Kid, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad), 18 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:03 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:00 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:51 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 37 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 36 37
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 2/17/2016
Omni #887633 02/18/16 09:10 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, jeez, poor Tinya and Jo, now that we know where Cub is.

Umbra shows great patience and determination working with Chey-Nu, so I had to laugh when he expects her to punch someone at the club. Chey-nu has a really interesting power.

It's interesting to see how you writers cross-pollinate each other's work (here with IB's Ming Sul).

I'm curious to see what role Theena will play and expect her ability will prove crucial to the team at some point, even if/because she's not in the field.

Looks like Daxam is going to cause problems!

I really enjoy Andromeda's journal entries. I wouldn't trust Brainiac 4 either....

The recap was great reading/reviewing too!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 2/17/2016
Omni #889566 03/07/16 08:17 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you IB and FC. Things are just beginning to heat up for the everyone.

IB,
I'm glad you like Berta and Andy. This isn't any Berta like you've seen before. She's much more arrogant here. But she's got a soft spot for Andy.

Lazon is a good guy. But who knows every light has its shadow...

I'm glad the camaraderie between the cadets is showing.

Grimbor will but i its going to be some time before that happens.
I'm glad you like my beta cadets. I hope the missions i have for them will be both fun and some good action. its their chance to shine.

Daxam is scary and you have no idea what i've got in store for M'onel. tongue

Lori's H-dial had some really interesting and potential characters how could i not mine it for my cadets.

Brainy and his mom will be getting along but that is a good question.. if reality is rewriting itself is Brainy making his mom evil? tongue

And of course. Thank you again for the inspiration.

Fc,
Tinya, Jo and Cub will be reunited it will just take some time.

I'm glad you liked Theena as well and she will play a part for sure.

Daxam is going to cause some problems for sure.

more coming soon. stay tuned.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 3/8/2016
Omni #889567 03/07/16 08:18 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
FRIDAY

Above WL-306 –Cyclone World.

Roll Call:
Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247

“I can’t believe we made it in record time.” Berta’s hands glided over the control panel illuminating her face gently in yellow light her violet eyes wide with excitement.

“The view from here is amazing. All of those cyclones crisscrossing this world’s surface look like giant vortexes.”

“I know I can’t wait to ride one down.”

“Ride one down? Is that how we get planet side?” Andy gulped beneath his mask.

“Haha. No, don’t worry we’ll actually go down in the cruiser. They’ve created a guide way down. But I do want to take one from the top down…I know I’ll ride one up and then jump down the next one!” Berta guided the controls pushing the lighted squares around her excitement growing to feel the winds.

The cruiser quickly made its way down to the guide way several ships were coming back up through it as they entered. The leaving cruiser speed out of there faster than the speed limit for the guide way is almost knocking Berta and Andy’s cruiser into one of the cyclones outside the guide way.

“Reckless Sajqaw!” Berta yelled out over the com links but there was no response.

The guide way was a bit bumpy but it was to be expected as it’s a planet of cyclones. The winds blue and white streaks of clouds and dirt and some debris clouded their field of vision in the cruiser as they reached the end of the guide way which funneled into a force field surrounded camp.

“Look at those cyclones Andy. They are amazing.” Berta exclaimed as she exited the cruiser looking beyond the force field. The dusty camp was rustic with a few metal barracks and a main office and a commissary within the 4 acre encampment.

“They are amazing indeed.” Any couldn’t believe he was going to be riding these things for the next couple days but he was more amazed at how a live Berta seemed to be surrounded by all these cyclones. He saw her hands generating small amounts of wind circling them her body almost ready to talk off on her own right there.

“G’ya! Welcome to WL-306 or better known as Cyclone World!” announced the camp director.

“I’m Yigr and I’ll be your guide, fellow rider, and camp director this weekend.”

“Uhmmm Yigr where is everyone else? This place is a ghost town. Are they out on a run?” Berta looked around seeing not a single sentient or cruiser.

“We’ll the cyclones have been a wee bit unpredictable lately some have simply vanished in mid cycle while others speed up to points of drilling into the ground and I mean drilling people into the ground. Some of the guests…all of the guests have left.”

“Aren’t these cyclones weather controlled?” Andy asked scratching his head.

“No actually. This world of cyclones is purely natural and always has been. They’ve had almost like a magical quality about it. The winds seemed to have moods and personality. There were days I’d dance with the winds but now there’s nothing its uncontrolled…feral even. Their life is gone I guess is the best way to say it.” Yigr’s eyes saddened as she looked to the ground for a moment. Her long gray blonde hair tied in a loose braid pulled to the side fell off her shoulder and back behind her. Her short pointed ears drooping a bit.

“We’ll that’s not going to stop me and I’ve got away with the winds. I think can see what’s going on.” Berta’s violet eyes glowed slightly as she reached out to the winds to feel their temperament.

“Alright then. I can’t wait to take you for a ride. I’m excited. Let’s get you settled and get to ridding!” Yigr’s excitement growing as she picked up their bags and pushed off to the barracks her pointed ears perked up and changed color slightly to a bright green.

“What do you think is going on her Berta?”

“I don’t know Andy but our director is right there is something off with the winds here. I tried to commune and it wasn’t going well. I’m hoping once I’ve touched them it will be easier. But something is going on here.”

Outside the force field.

“Arree you there?” the winds called out hollowing over and over again.
“Ellury!” the winds moaned over and over again the unknown name.

“EEEEllllllluuuuryyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Whhherre aarreee you?”

“Ugh! Shut up!” Pampero’s hands light up instantly trying to turn the currents to stop them from making that awful sound. This mission was to make sure that the planets magical winds were viable to be taken and used as Mordru’s latest weapon.

“Mordru wants your cycles as part of his heralds and so he shall have you.” Pampero reached into his belt and pulled out a small blue capsule. Opening his hand the capsule split in half Pampero’s power pulling at the currents to bring in the winds into the capsule.

“NOOOOooooo! Elluryyyyy helpppp usssss!” the winds called screeching out until finally the cyclone was pulled in.

“One down and a world more to go.” Pampero tossed the capsule back into his belt.

Across Cyclone World in a cave near the western hemisphere’s coast line sat a cave protected by the cyclones as they danced around the rocks around it and the waters beneath its opening which sat 50 feet above the ocean waters.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry I can’t help you.” the ghost of Ellury cried into her transparent black hands.

“Shhhh. Child. We’ve tricked the dark lord into thinking I’ve left our world. This cave and those cyclones are all that keep us safe until I find a new host.”

“Don’t Shh me A’rie! I’ve been your companion for over a thousand years and now I’ve finally died but I can’t move on because I can’t bear to leave my winds. I wanted to join them but our bond keeps me from that until you find a new host.” Ellury sobbed more into her hands again.

“And I will. Mysa assured me of that when I came to her. There will be another but Mordru’s agents are here. I can sense him pulling at our winds and stealing them away. I will not let our world fall and Mordru will perish!” A’rie’s voice was harsh as a shroud of wind surrounded her body of wind. The runes on the caves walls began to glow a cobalt blue as the winds picked up to try and conceal them from Mordru’s agents.

“Elllluuurrry!!!” the winds called again as another one was sucked into the capsule of Pampero.

“Please make them stop. Please A’rie.” Ellury wailed again as she pulled at her wild green hair.

A’rie’s eyes glowed bright blue as she pushed the winds out of the cave forcing the sounds away from her poor companion and friend.

With adventures taking place on Friday, Saturday,and Sunday. [u][/u][/color][color:#006600]

Last edited by Omni; 03/07/16 08:34 PM.

Omni #889568 03/07/16 08:22 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Friday

Colu- Gobu

Roll Call:
Brainiac 5 -Querl Dox of Colu U 247 - 12th level intelligence, internalized force field apparatus
Andromeda- Laurel Gand of Daxam U247- flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
Virx- cybernetic being, 1000's of years old. 9th Level intelligence

Laurel flew to Gobu in no time. The sterile air of Colu was changing, specifically surrounding the southern hemisphere the work that they had done to start restoring Gobu had started setting off a chain reaction to the rest of the southern hemisphere. The cybernetic virus that exist in Virx and Brainiac 4 exists in the vegetation as well and all of it is coming back to life the solar paneling throughout it had come back on line giving life to all of it. Each and every piece of life glowing gently with sunlight and their natural colors heightened. The air wasn’t as sterile any more.

“Hmmm…I would have thought that even with the cybernetic virus the sterility of the world was changing. I wonder if it spread would Colu be better off. I think it’s only because of the Computer Tyrants intent that the virus is really bad.” Laurel thought to herself as she flew on marveled at how much cleaner the air smelt around Gobu and not just of sea salt and decaying sterile planet.

The docks were completely over hauled and the once cracked and gray columns entwined with dead browning vines were now covered in healthy lush green vines the columns were a stark white and no longer cracked but now lined with light aqua green lights that ran up and down them vertically. Brainy’s hover cycle was parked in the same spot he did every day since work began on Gobu.

“Hmmm Brainy’s here early. They must beginning work on the outer reaches of Gobu today.” Laurel landed swiftly at the docks her hands running across the columns.

“Laurel what a pleasure to see you. Cough!” Virx smiled warmly after his chest stopped heaving for a moment.

“Virx what are you doing out at the docks?” Laurel gilded over to him.

“Oh just checking on the installations I put in the other day. We had a storm and last night and I wanted to check and make sure they survived.” Virx’s straggly grey hair blowing in the wind gently.

“Well looks like they’ve held up nicely. What are we working on today? I’ve tested the quake proofing of every district… which I didn’t realize there were so many and then I’ve stabilized most of the tunnels…”

“Haha slow down Laurel. We’ve got plenty of work to do and we’ve got some time.” Virx continued to take some readings of the installments.

“Sorry. I’ve just been really enjoying helping you restore Gobu. It’s good to feel useful again.”

“Yes, you’ve said you were a bit aimless over the last few years before you and your young companion came to Gobu. Nerlo has mentioned that she when she was pulled into the vortex Querl was only beginning the gestation period and now he’s a 16 year old young man.”

“Yes I’m not sure of the specifics of Brainy’s life before I knew him. But he’s proud to be her son I’m sure.”
“Yes… he is her son the DNA test we’ve both run confirm it and he does seem very proud. But it just makes little sense to how he’s here now and Nerlo is still pregnant, which means she must go back to the past at some point. But that would also mean you’re young friend should be part cybernetic don’t you think?” Virx smiled simply.

“Uhmm… I guess that would be right. I mean unless in order for her to return she has the cybernetic “virus” taken out of her to preserve the time line. But I’m not a time expert. Brainy’s the expert on that actually.” Laurel smiled back. She wasn’t sure what to do but she felt like this was a trap.

“You’re temperature and heart rate have spiked. Have I said something to trouble you?” Virx’s friendly gaze hadn’t left Laurel as the winds continued to blow back his hair which in the sunlight reflected on the micro solar panels throughout the strands.

“No…”

“Laurel, I know she disappeared 16 years ago. I was waiting for her on that day. I know she’s been gone and hadn’t given birth yet to Querl.”

“That maybe the case but I can’t say anything about that. You’ll need to ask Querl about that.” Laurel tried to avoid this.

“Are you from a different time period Laurel? Are you from our future?” Virx asked blankly.

“It’s not as easy as that. But no I’m not from here…”

“We’re from another reality.” Brainy stepped forward from the shadows of the columns both of them shocked by his presence.

“I didn’t hear you coming Brainy.” Laurel gushed.

“Its fine Laurel I trust Virx and I think he can know the truth. But please don’t tell my mother. We’ve bonded and I don’t want her to not see me as her son and if saying its time travel then we can do that.”

“Do you really want to lie to your mother?” Virx asked approaching Brainy placing his hand on Brainy’s shoulder.

“No. she can’t know. She won’t treat me as her son and even though in a way I’m not I’ve been without a real mother for far too long and for the first time I have a mother. I want to cherish that as long as I can.” Brainy’s emotional out pour was more than Laurel or even Virx expected.

“So you’re both from an alternate reality?”

“Yes and sadly that reality were destroyed and now were without a home so to speak. That is until we found this reality…which for unknown reasons we haven’t been able to leave and have been seemingly affecting this reality.” Brainy informed them.

“That makes sense with your quantum signature needing a base to harkens back to, in order to be stable within the time continuum otherwise you’d be constantly unhinged from reality. Eventually you could even disappear. Well in theory that is. I’ve never met a traveler from another reality before.” Virx smiled simply.

“Your understanding of time theory and basic quantum mechanics is pretty adequate.” Brainy smiled back at Virx.

“That’s a compliment if I ever heard one from a Brainiac.” Virx and Brainy were standing next to each other and for the first time Laurel saw a slight resemblance to Virx and then saw the proud look on his face.

Laurel’s eyes widened slightly as she realized that Virx was possibly Brainy’s father in this reality. That Nerlo didn’t have a sperm donor but rather a relationship with Virx.

“But how do we explain to your mother that you don’t have the virus if we tell her you are from the future.”

“She may have to go back or eventually we’ll have to leave. My thoughts are once Gobu is up and running and its reveled she’s alive and pregnant we could leave. Although, that might have its own set of complications to deal with.”

“Brainy how long has she been gone?” Laurel asked.

“Exactly 16 years and according to the files she had made a deal to leave once I was born before her disappearance.”

“She was going to leave you with the Council?” Virx asked confused. It maybe his age but he seemed to have much more emotional capacity that of the average Coluian.

“Yes…but it is expected. Brainiac’s are high council property until the next one comes along. But who knows Virx in this reality it could have been different. She was clearly studying time travel for a reason. Maybe she wanted to be with you.” Brainy sensed that Virx was disturbed by the idea of a baby with the council.

“Maybe.” Virx gave a small smile.

“I’ve got to head back to Metaire for a bit. But I left mother doing some work on the neural pathway unit that’s being designed for the security system if you need her and thank you Virx for keeping our secret. We’re just trying to survive in this reality.” Brainy patted Virx on the shoulder and squeezed Laurel’s hand as he made his way to the hover cycle.

“Of course and I’ll keep your secrets as you’ve kept mine.” Virx nodded gently before Brainy straddled the hover cycle and took off into the ocean.

“So you’re from another reality young Daxamite.” Virx smiled at her his gapped grin looking on her as his iris’s shifting widens and closed clearly studying her.

“Yes…”

“Then we have much to discuss. I’m eager to learn more as is the Coluian way. Would you care for some tea?” Virx smiled taking hold of Laurel’s arm and led her toward Gobu’s city center.

“I’d love some.” Laurel answered easing as she remembered Virx was her friend and if Brainy trusted him with their most valued secret she should too.

Last edited by Omni; 03/07/16 08:35 PM.

Omni #889569 03/07/16 08:36 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
FRIDAY

On Daxam: Capital city: Daxam Prime.

Roll Call:
M'onel -Lar Gand (Valor) of Daxam U247 - flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)

“Ughhh… what…what happened?” M’Onel’s blue eyes slowly opening looking around all he could see was a bright white light and heard a faint beeping sound in the background.

“You were hit by the “solar flare” cannons from the boarder satellites but your Daxamite physiology and this nifty little ring saved your life.” A deep female voice said hovering over M’Onel.

“Am I on Daxam?” M’Onel groggily moved his head to left as he tried to sit up.

“Yes, yes you are and welcome home. Wow easy there. You’re not going to heal as fast here until we get you some more yellow sunlight. Otherwise a blast like that could keep you in the hydro pods for the next month.” The woman pushed M’Onel back down gently.

“Is that what that light is?”

“Yes. Its yellow solar lamps. We use them when we need to heal faster and practice.”

“We? Practice?” M’Onel was still trying to come to a bit more.

“Shhhh its ok. You’ll get to learn all about the Solaris Project once you’ve recuperated. Now lie back down and let Jl-ia take care of you.” Jl-ia increased the yellow sun light and M’Onel’s sedative.

Last edited by Omni; 03/07/16 08:39 PM.

Omni #889570 03/07/16 08:40 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
FRIDAY

En route to Neptune:

Roll Call: Beta Cadets
Cadet Lydda Jath of Kathoon –Super strong in absolute darkness and space.
Cadet Mori of Earth - Flight, super speed, slipstream tail that creates a dazzling light.
Cadet Ulu Vakk of Lupra- Ability to change the colors of people and objects.
Can also project beams of the color black, blinding opponents
Cadet Nepheus of Beltair IV -Water control and generation
Gra-Malla of Figa - Shadow walker and living shadow

Sergeant Shvaughn Erin -Science Police Sergeant and instructor

Encyclopedia Galactica
Planet: Neptune.
Affiliation: United Planets
Neptune is the eighth and farthest known planet from the Sun in the Solar System. It is the fourth-largest planet by diameter and the third-largest by mass. Among the giant planets in the Solar System, Neptune is the densest. Neptune is 17 times the mass of Earth and is slightly more massive than its near-twin Uranus, which is 15 times the mass of Earth and slightly larger than Neptune. [c] Neptune orbits the Sun at an average distance of 30.1 astronomical units (4.50×109 km). Named after the Roman god of the sea, its astronomical symbol is ♆, a stylized version of the god Neptune's trident.

Settled in 2121 on floating cites were built to float on the ammonia and methane seas then when the planet heats up they take off into the air and resided in the troposphere at surrounded by force fields that protect them from the Diamond hail storms; which the cities collect and trade out to the galaxy. They Hail Diamonds are their chief export.

Neptune has 14 moons, Triton being the largest and is the only inhabited moon of Neptune. Settled in 2099 it is famous for its skiing and local night life in the ice caverns.

“Alright Cadet’s we’ve had some breaking and entering on Neptune and we’ve been sent into to investigate. The floating cities that are in the icy ammonia filled waters of Neptune have been burglarized for the last week and Neptune’s entire system of cities float on the water and fly into the atmosphere during the hot seasons when the seas are too hot to be on due to the heat generated by the planets core. Right now it’s the cities are about to get ready to take off into the skies. We have 12 hours before that happens and the floating cities separate into the atmosphere and their shields enacted against the diamond hail storms which cut off the cites from one another for the next six months. So we’ve gotta catch this guy before they separate and we can’t track him.” Sergeant Shavaugn turned off the holo screen.

“Sergeant is there a suspect or clues?” Cadet Jath raised her hand high her beehive hair style just shy of her elbow. While her other hand held her omnicom firmly.

“No. sadly we can’t figure out how this person or persons are getting in and out of the sites that have been hit.”

“Then how do we capture them?” Cadet Mori leaned back playing with her green ponytail before tossing it back.

“We’ve been entrusted with watching the largest shipment of Diamonds that they’ve collected in years. The shipment has the biggest Diamond hail stone in recorded history its being called the Heart of Neptune. This diamond will clearly draw the thieves in.” Shavaugn looked out across the group of Beta Cadets.
“This should be an easy mission.” Shavaugn thought to herself.

“Then we take watch over the Heart of Neptune. This will be a cake walk.” Cadet Mori popped her gum as she leaned back in her floating chair.

“Cadet take this seriously if you want to be an Alpha Cadet or on the Special unit.” Sergeant Shavaugn walked over and pushed Cadet Mori’s feet off of the console.

“Where is this taking place?” Cadet Vakk timid voice was barely heard.

“We’re going to be in Neptune’s First Primer Diamondairy; which currently has the “Heart of Neptune on display…according to the omnicom.” Cadet Jath interjected.

“Yes, exactly.” Shvaughn smiled at Cadet Jath making a mental note of how astute she was to mission details.

The cruiser arrived on Neptune easily landing in the mist thanks to the lights from the runways at the space port and the golden cities that shone brightly through the thick cloudy blue atmosphere. The team left the cruiser and instantly Cadet Jath stumbled a little.

“Are you alright?” Cadet Malla asked his shadowed hand touching Cadet Jath’s arm.

“Yes…this much light weakens my super strength. So I just have to adjust. Sometimes it takes a second.” Cadet Jath smiled simply regaining her balance.

“Then let me help you.” Cadet Malla’s uniform shifted to the same blackened color as his skin which quickly began to waft in the air as the winds starts to blow. Cadet Malla body warped its self about Cadet Jath’s body leaving her head uncovered.

“Whaat are you doing?!” Cadet Jath started pulling at the shadows on her body but soon felt her strength returning and getting stronger, possibly stronger than she’s ever been.

“I’m a living shadow and if your strength relies on darkness I can provide that. I may not be able to shadow cast but I can coat you in one.” Cadet Malla’s voice sounded like it was all around her as if it were an echo as he stayed attached to her.

They landed in the City of Nymph and The Diamondairy wasn’t far from where the space port was. As most of the Neptunian cities were named after Greek gods and goddess and many of their streets held similar names added to these cities of gold and their cloudy atmosphere. The cadets walked along the lighted streets with their lamps hazily glowing in the clouds. Walking swiftly through the cobbled gold coated stones that lined the streets.

“This is like those ancient cites of folklore.” Cadet Mori flew above the team as she looked down at the golden city her dazzling tail reflecting off of the buildings casting its light into the clouds brightening their already deep blue hue.

“When Neptune was settled they went to great lengths to research, name, and build these cities to blend with that mythology of the planets name.” Cadet Jath responded walking into the front of the group next to Sergeant Shvaughn.

“Grool.” Cadet Mori said dogging through the clouds as she landed in front of the Diamondairy.

“What took you all so long?” Cadet Mori smirked while she leaned up against the golden bricks wall that surrounded the Diamondairy.

“We are literally three seconds behind you.” Cadet Vakk looked at her sideways.

“Lighten up. It was a joke.” Cadet Mori turned ignoring Cadet Vakk’s attempt at a comeback.

The cadets and Sergeant Shvaughn made their way into the Diamondairy which was closed at this time of night. The only ones on the premises were the security crew. The court yard in between the wall and the main building of the Diamondairy was filled with golden brown trees and benches that the employees used for their lunch breaks.

“Sergeant, thank you and your squad for coming out. This crook has struck 4 times in the last two weeks and we need to make sure the Heart of Neptune doesn’t get stolen. We are giving a lot of faith in you ‘n your squad to catch this perp.” Security officer Detune stood at the opening to the Diamondairy waiting for them.

“Thank you Officer Detune. We take this very seriously and we will do our best to apprehend this criminal. But aren’t we working with your crew?” Sergeant Shvaughn moved out of the way to allow the cadets entry as she continued to talk to Officer Detune.

“No. we were informed that you were watching the Diamondairy and we were to vacate ‘n to not get in your way.” Officer Detune’s tone was clear. He wasn’t pleased with this decision but the orders came from higher up than him.

“Oh. Well if you or any of your men want to stick around and help out. We are more than willing to work with you.”

“Thanks but no thanks Sergeant. Your “special unit” just aint every bodies cup ‘o’ tea. I’ll leave you to your assignment.” With a nod of his short brimmed hat officer Detune walked off into the hazy blue cloudy night.

“I guess we’re on our own.” Cadet Nepheus shrugged his squid legs riding along a small wave of water he created beneath him.

“I guess so.” Sergeant Shvaughn closed the door to the Diamondairy once Officer Detune was outside the golden brick wall.

Inside the Diamondairy was the grand entrance; a small domed room that led to three hallways off the main entrance. The base of the dome was square with a wall and within it was the front desk that was three quarters away from the back wall. The wall ran the width of room cutting off the three hallways behind it. The ceiling wasn’t as very high beyond the domed entrance as the back half of the dome slopped downward sharply forcing Cadet Mori to walk instead of fly.

“So is this what were guarding?” Cadet Nepheus’s waters swirled beneath him bringing him up in to the air of the domed entrance where The Heart of Neptune was locked spinning suspended in a force field ball above them.

“That it is. Look at that thing it’s gorgeous.” Cadet Jath’s eyes dazzled at the sight of it.

“I’m surprised they are displaying it here and not in behind something much more secure.” Cadet Nepheus tried to touch the force field it zapping him instantly.

“Ouch.” Rubbing his fingers together the redness simply washed away the healing waters within his body washing away the pain and small scar.

“Yeah I wouldn’t touch that and it’s out here so the public can view it. If you notice there are several more spots in the ceiling and floor that line up and create these holding cases. This is the museum part of the Diamondairy.” Sergeant Shvaughn pointed out the holding spots as she ran diagnostics on her omnicom to make sure everything was working properly.

Each of the cadets took up different spots in the room to keep watch from all angles. Cadet Mori took to flying and floating around the force field ball. While Cadet Jath still being covered by the living shadow that is Cadet Malla took by the door, while Cadet’s Nepheus and Vakk were stationed behind the wall to make sure no one came from the three hallways. Sergeant Shvaughn stood beneath the Heart of Neptune. The group waited hours each growing resettles as they waited for their thief to arrive. Even Cadet Malla had separated himself from Cadet Jath to stretch out for a few hours.

“You think who ever the crook is knows were here and that’s why he’s not striking?” Cadet Vakk asked leaving his position and taking a seat on the floor.

“Maybe. I mean we weren’t subtle about being called in.” Cadet Nepheus tossed water balls in the air catching them and tossing them back up again.

“Hmm. That’s right you sure didn’t.” Ron Karr thought to himself as he slinked across the wall after slipping in through the window. His body was so flat it slide through the steel plates that joined together over the windows in the back offices.

Slinking along the walls in the shadows his face painted black to match the shadows.

“These squajs won’t know what hit them.” Ron Karr continued to slink around the room his flat form not noticed by any one.

“Hmmm….what’s that?” Cadet Malla looked into the shadows the wall cast on the floor. His eyes locked in on something moving. The shadows were a second home to him and he knew something was in them. Stepping back against the wall near the door Cadet Malla instantly blended with the shadows becoming one with them. His essence shifting through the shadow realm to other side of the room swirling in the shadows Cadet Malla felt something so thin. It was the slighting variation in the wall. Gliding underneath the flat surface Cadet Malla lifted gently the thin layer up.

“Hey watch it!” Ron Karr yelled as he felt Cadet Malla’s hands try to grasp him from the shadow before he went flying forward his body gently falling like a feather before regaining his balance his flat body standing up right and out in the open for all of the cadets to see.

“What the? Who is that?” Cadet Mori flew straight down at him ready to punch but every time he moved even the slightest she couldn’t get a grasp on to him. Her speed was useless against a flat surface that can twist and turn the way he can.

“Looks like we got our guy. Stand still and put your hands in the air!” Sergeant Shvaughn yelled holding her blaster up.

“Ha! Go ahead and try and hit the flattest man alive!” Ron Karr yelled rushing toward Sergeant Shvaughn his arms swinging sharply as he ran towards her. His thin fist forming a sharp point.

“I don’t think so thin boy!” Cadet Jath ran straight into the thin man taking his pointed punch and forcing his hand to fold back and him to wince.

“Ouch! Your skin is like steel. You’ll pay for that!” Ron Karr reshaped his other hand to flatter edge making it as sharp to the touch that it could slice through many things human flesh being one them no matter how strong.

Ron Karr ran at Cadet Jath and jumped up over her slicking her beehive hairdo and then flying over Sergeant Shvaughn and wrapping himself around her. Holding her around the neck.

“Ha! You move cop and I slice your throat and that goes the same for any of you. You move she gets it.”

“Do as he says Cadets. He’s not getting out of here.” Sergeant Shvaughn snarled.

“Cadet? Ha! I’m fighting cadets. Wow. Well this was fun. Lower the force field and I’m taking the Heart of Neptune!” Ron Karr yelled.

“Just take it easy. No one has to get hurt here.”Cadet Jath approached carefully.

“I said lower the force field.” Ron Karr’s voice lowered so deep it vibrated Shvaughn’s chest and his hand push against her neck a speck of blood appearing.

“Fine. Cadet Nepheus shut down the force field.” Cadet Jath yelled.

Slowly all of the cadets moved into place Cadet Mori flying and grabbing the Heart of Neptune once the force field and anti-gravity were shut off. Cadet Vakk came out from behind the wall. Cadet Malla stayed in the shadows swimming around the room trying to find the right vantage point. Cadet Nepheus rose up over the wall in a water bubble he controlled.

“There has to be something we can do!” Cadet Mori thought over the telepathic relay.

“There is…just get ready. I’ve found a shadow I can use.” Cadet Malla thought quickly making his way to the shadow beneath Sergeant Shvaughn.

Cadet Malla grabbed at the thin man’s legs with the tips of his fingers gently pulling him into the shadows.

“What? What are you doing? I’ll cut her!” Ron Karr yelled putting more pressure to Sergeant Shvaughn’s neck.

“I don’t think so!” Cadet Nepheus’s webbed hands glowed as luminescent water circled his hands. A thin layer of water wrapped around Sergeant Shvaughn’s neck and lower body before it slipped up her head covering her head to toe in Neptune’s water shield.

Ron Karr pushed his thin hand blade into the water but met with nothing but resistance from the ever refreshing waters. In that instant Cadet Malla pulled harder ripping the thin man into the shadows with him.

“Gahhhopoo!” Don’t…Ever…Do…That Again!” Sergeant Shvaughn yelled collapsing to the ground out of breath as she held it while her head was under the water.

“I didn’t cover your mouth.” Cadet Nepheus rushed to her side.

“Instinct and don’t ever do that again.”Sergeant Shvaughn took Cadet Nepheus’s arm.

“Where did they go?” Cadet Vakk looked around trying to find them but the all the shadows rustled around them as they heard the two fighting in the shadows.

“You can’t cut living shadow!” Cadet Malla’s voice echoed throughout the dome shaking all of them gently as the thin man is thrown out of the shadows.

Ron Karr rolls on to the ground folding himself up and quickly recovering his stance breathing heavily.

“This is crazy! Just give me the gem or I will slice every one of you and you can’t stop me shadow if there are none!”Ron Karr tossed two flat lights up in the air that expanded out across the base of the dome and burst a ceiling of lights above them while cutting off Cadet Mori from them with Cadet Malla as all the shadows were now up there.

“ARRHHHH!” Cadet Jath ran at the thin man her fist held high and instantly she felt the sting of his sharp fist slice her skin and through her hand.

“Looks like you’re not so touch in the light and I think it’s time we cut more than that pretty hair of yours. Ahhhhh! What’s happening?” Ron Karr yelled his eyes bursting in a kaleidoscope of color blinding him.

“Leda Move!” Cadet Vakk yelled his hands glowing in the same kaleidoscope affect the thin man was seeing.

Cadet Jath ran to his side both her hand bleeding from trying to punch the thin man.

“Here” Cadet Nepheus floated over on cascade of water his trident which had extended out of his wristband glowing to surround Cade Jath’s hands with healing waters.

“It will stop the bleeding and keep the holes from getting infected.” Slowly the water filled the holes and a thin layer of water surrounded Cadet Jath’s hands.

“Thank you.” Cadet Jath barely said before she ducked in time to miss a shot from Sergeant Shvaughn’s blaster as she shot at the thin man who dodged every blast.

“That’s it!” Cadet Nephus had enough his hands raised out and instantly the thin man was surrounded in a water buddle.

“Let me out!” Ron Karr slashed at the water bubble around him trying every which way to contort his extremely thin body to escape but nothing worked.

“Cadet Mori To the rescue!” Cadet Mori burst through the lights at super speed her tail dazzling behind her with some of the lights gone Cadet Jath’s strength returned and Cadet Malla stepped out of the shadows.

“Nice of you to join us Cadets.” Sergeant Shvaughn took out her omnicom and called for a containment unit and checked his system for nannites.

“Looks like we also caught a non-registered in the process people. Good work. Now let’s wrap this up people.” Sergeant Shvaughn continued on as the cadets gathered to clean up any damage and take down the light ceiling the thin man recreated.

Last edited by Omni; 03/07/16 08:55 PM.

Omni #889571 03/07/16 08:58 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Friday Night

Club Grav-mix downtown Metropolis.

Roll call:
Cadet Gil Swanson of Earth -able to switch people’s powers at will, must touch person to do it. Flight. Invisibility
Cadet Lgxx Gsxx of Hnyx- Generates earthquakes
Cadet Devlin O'rn of Calaton - Reflects physical and energy attacks back to their source. Monkey tail and agility.
Cadet -Jenni Ognats of Aarok – travel at super speeds. Speed force connection.
Cadet Lonny Evening of Myar –sentient being of ink. Makes ink projectiles. Can transform into humanoid form.
Cadet Bobb Kohan of Earth - creates crystal structures by force of will.
Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
Cadet Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III of Xanthu-super-strength, endurance, and a fair measure of invulnerability.
Cadet Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light.
Cadet Luornu Durgo –Ability to split into three bodies. Of Cragg U247
Cadet Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Omega cadet Betty Dorina of Orinda - sound and light blast that deafens those within close radius to her. Unable to control targeting.

“I can’t believe you agree to come to this.” Lu purple smirked at Umbra who stood next to her in a very revealing outfit that left very little to the imagination her toned blue body glistening with specs of star glitter.

“Chey-Nu did a good job today and has been working hard. He wanted a reward and he wanted to go out and as part of that he asked me along. Nothing more.” Umbra’s face was expressionless.

Lu winked and nudged her with her elbow as they saw Chey-Nu exit the jump tube wearing a black and white form fitting jumpsuit with the arms cut off. The fabric hugging him in all the right places showing off the muscles he’s been working so hard to get since training with Umbra.

“Wow…you look out of this stratosphere.” Chey-Nu smiled brightly his flop of blonde hair falling into his eyes as he pushed it back into place.

“Thank you Chey-Nu.” Umbra bowed her head slightly but nothing more.

“So who else is going with us?” Lu neutral looked around her white pants and purple and orange tank looking sharp as she pulled on a white micro sleeve jacket.

“I think everyone’s coming now.” Umbra pointed towards the jump tubes as they erupted with life as they saw a large group of people exit all the jump tubes.

“Candi…you didn’t say half of the Alpha class was coming with us.” Lu neutral said her eyes purple and orange eyes wide as she saw cadets she hadn’t even met yet.

“Well it’s not just the alpha cadets. I mean there’s a couple betas that weren’t chosen to do missions and a few omegas as well. Actually that’s how I found out about Grav-mix. Betty here’s the one who told me about it.” Candi pulled Betty over to them her large green hands practically warping around her thin frame.

“Yo, watch the paws giantess.” Betty quickly pulled away from Candi.

“Oh right. I totally forgot about your no touching thing.”

“No touching thing?” Chey-Nu asked as he took notice of the small red headed girl with giant violet colored lenses covering her eyes stood with them.

“Hump. My powers a bit explosive and can be triggered by unexpected touching which has made me a bit of an isolationist when it comes to being touched. But the nannites are actually turned on for our festivities. But I still don’t want to be pawed unless it’s by a nice fellow who’s going to buy me some drinks.” Betty danced in place for a second pumping her leather gloved hands in the air.

“A girl who knows what she wants. I like that.” Devlin O’rn strode up to the group with a tall muscular man next to him with yellow eyes and white hair stood next to him.

“Hey there, I haven’t seen much of you since that time we worked out.” The muscular man walked over to Lu neutral and began to lean in a bit.

“Uhmm sorry that wasn’t me.” Lu neutral slinked back a bit.

“Hey muscles over here.” Lu purple yelled as he quickly made a line for Lu purple.

“Who was that Devlin?” Lu neutral asked.

“Oh that’s Gil Swanson. You haven’t worked with him yet?”

“Nope. But there are 52 of us and we’ve only been going on missions for a month.

“True. He and I were in the same matches on opening day and hit it off. He’s a power swapper.”

“A what?”

“He can swap any ones powers with anyone else. It’s pretty neat. He took me out my switching my power with this guy who changes colors of things.”

“Interesting.” In all her travels with the Legion Lu had never encountered someone who could do that.

“Well what’s interesting is how that other part of you is riding him like a pony to the hover bus.” Devlin smirked as he tapped Lu natural on the shoulder with his tail as he passed by her.

“Uhhh…I really hate myself sometimes.” Lu neutral shook her head before she got on the bus.

Last edited by Omni; 03/07/16 09:08 PM.

Omni #889572 03/07/16 09:10 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The cadets all piled into the hover bus they were taking off to could Grav-mix in downtown Metropolis and Club Grav-mix. The ride wasn’t very long as the bus they had booked was an express bus. They had thought of asking Gates or one of the other teleporters to take them to the club. But Candi pointed out it’s their weekend too and as Gates had squawked many a time they “aren’t a taxi service.” Once down town the express bus began making stops. It seems not all of the cadets were interested in going to Grav-mix. By the time they reached Grav-mix only a handful of cadets remained.

Cadets Chey-Nu, Umbra, Lu neutral and purple, Candi, Gil Swanson, Jenni Orgnats, Bobb Kohan, Jed Rikane, Betty Dorina, Devlin O'rn, Lonny Evening, and Lgxx Gsxx sat talking amongst themselves as the express bus pulled up to club Grav-mix. Quickly exiting the express bus they cadets stood in line to get into Grav-mix.

“I hate waiting in lines. Can’t we say were cadets or something.” Jenni vibrated in place for a second before controlling herself.

“That a girl. We maybe on Earth but people with powers are kind of feared and we don’t need a reason to get our nannites turned on forcibly. So please don’t blow this for us.” Gil put his strong hand on Jenni’s shoulder causing her to blush slightly.

“And I doubt announcing we’re with the Cops will help us.” Betty gave her two cents as she moved up the line and everyone moved forward just a little bit as well.

“Does that mean I should change into my humanoid form?” Lonny asked not wanting to get in trouble.

“Heavens no dear. You’re a being of ink. This is you and besides if you morph those little gold bangles your wearing won’t cover much.” Candi pointed out carefully.

“Ok. We’ll then let’s get this show on the road.” Lonny yelled.

Quickly the cadets reached the door. The line moved faster than any of them thought it would, considering when they arrived there the line was around the corner from the entrance. Considering the club looked like a giant space ship from a 2950 horror film it was no surprise that there wasn’t a limit to the number of people allowed in or that it was this popular.

“Whooohoo!! LET’S DANCE!” Candi yelled maneuvering through the crowd of people as she went to the closest dance floor she saw which turned out to be the main anti-gravity dance floor on this level. Candi stepped one foot on the floor and instantly she was lifted off the ground and began somersaulting in mid air her large frame moving effortlessly as her emerald green hair flipped up into her face.

“OHH my hair! HAHA!” Candi yelled and laughed.

“This place is packed!” Jenni yelped as she instantly speed around the entire club in a blink of an eye before anyone could see her.

“Iknowimsorryicouldntresiste.thispalceisamazing.somuchtodo.” Instantly at a normal speed Jenni was off and into the crowd.

“I need a drink care for some silver ale over at the bar?” Chey-Nu put his arm out for Umbra who gracefully took it and walked to the bar with him.

“What do you think is going on there?” Lu neutral asked Lu purple.

“I don’t know but I honestly think this is the happiest I’ve seen Umbra around another sentient in a long time.”

“Well good for her. Now I think I’m going to go get my dance on with muscles.”

“You mean Gil?” Lu neutral smirked.

“Yeah. Sure. Gil.” Lu purple winked before running after Gil who had made his way to the bar on the opposite side of the room from the bar.

Lu neutral watched as the other cadets made their way in. Betty joined Candi on the anti-grave dance floor while Bob and Jed made their way to the other dance floor and Lgxx and Lonny made their way to the jump tubes.

“Where you headed princess?” Devlin held out his hand as he did a bow his tail taking off the bowler hat on his head.

“Come on monkey.” Lu neutral brushed past him hooking his arms in hers and dragged him off towards the same bar as her sister and Gil.

Omni #889573 03/07/16 09:12 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The Grav-mix’s main floor was packed as beings from all over the galaxy mingled to dance and have fun. The main floor had two dance floors one of each anti-gravity and normal gravity. Each dance floor surrounded by an invisible sound proofed barrier and the main floor has its own music playing. Small sitting and standing tables litter throughout between the two dance floors and the three bars on opposite walls. In the center is the jump tube to the next two levels the top being a complete restaurant and the middle level is another group of dance floors all surrounded by invisible sound proof barriers. But on this level all the floors connect. One minute you can be dancing in the tecno-pop room and then just a few steps any way you could be in the Steeple chants trance room. The cadets had all separated to do their own thing but little did the cadets know they were being watched.

“These cadets have to lead us to this Legion somehow…” Meta thought to herself as she continued to scan the crowd for any information on this Legion she heard in Cadet Cullen’s mind. They had come so far to find a home but the underground is almost non-existent in Metropolis. Since they arrived they haven’t found any safe houses. Thankfully Jacques lifted a nannite bracelet off of a visiting Coluan. He was able to hack it and get it to register at check in spots for me. But that’s about it which worries. I’m not wearing the Titan crest either to try and blend in more but with Titanet having one of its many hubs in Metropolis has been amplifying my powers a bit with the psychic feedback.

“I just need to get into close range of one of the cadets and find out what they know.” Meta thought to herself trying to spot a cadet that she thought might know something but crowd had gotten even thicker since she entered and had completely lost track of her targets. Following their thought waves she pushed through the crowd towards the Lu’s, Devlin, and Gil.

“There we go...those four.” Meta’s eyes glowed dim fuchsia as she zeroed in one by one till finally she found Lu’s mind which was much more guarded than the others.

“What are you hiding?” Meta pushed a bit more as she realized that her mind has similar psychic training techniques as Cadet Cullen and both of which were much more advanced and different in many ways than the other cadets or anyone she’d ever encountered.

Meta finally pushed enough for Lu’s mind to alert her to someone trying to enter. Both Lu’s looked up and looked around to see if they could spot anyone that seemed to be concentrating hard and instantly they spotted Meta recognizing the glow of a telepaths eyes even under all of these multicolored lights flashing.

“Hey muscles…what do ya we get out of here and go to the dance floor?”

“Lead the way. Let’s go man.” Gil yelled chugging his drink before slamming it down on the bar.

Lu purple, Gil, and Devlin made their way towards the dance floor and just past Meta who prepared herself for a confrontation but was stunned by the two of them simply passing past her.

“Hello. Care to explain why you were trying to go through my mind?” Lu neutral stood behind her arms crossed.

“But I just saw you go past me…”

“Craggiate and if you were half the telepath you could be you would have known that and might have been able to break my psi-shields and training. Now care to tell me what you were looking for?”

“I… I was looking for the Legion.” Meta decided to stand her ground she’d come all this way and work this hard she wasn’t going to let anyone stand in her way.

Lu’s eyes grew wide with fear and Meta saw that.

“What do you know about the Legion?” Lu demanded instantly grabbing Meta’s arm.

“I heard a thought about them and they sounded like people who could help. Do you know them? Can they help?” Meta wriggled out of Lu’s grasp.

“Help you with what and who did you hear about them from?” Lu did her best to reign herself in before she scared off this girl. She didn’t know what this woman wanted with the Legion and how did anyone in this reality even know about there existence.

“I was in Neo-Paris and I ran into a squad of cadets and they took one of my friends in. But I heard a stray though from Cadet Cullen about the Legion wouldn’t stand for this hunting of the unregistered. She thought it several times. So I figured there had to be some validity to a Legion of some sort that could help us… I mean me.”

“You said us. Are there more of you who are unregistered?”

“Not as many as before your little squad came along. Now there are barely any of us left. But we refuse to be tools to fight Mordru and be controlled by the system to do their bidding.”

“What are you talking about? The nannites aren’t meant to control you into fighting Mordru. Besides that’s what the cadets are for.” Lu insisted.

“That’s not what I’ve heard or know for that matter. Now tell me can the Legion help us or not?” Meta’s tone was serious as she tried to use her powers on Lu again.

“Don’t bother. Once you triggered the defenses they don’t go down. I have a very skilled Titan friend.” Lu said simply.

“Fine. But do you know the Legion or can they help us?”

Lu thought for a second before she did this but she knew that what was about to happen felt right.

“I am Legion.”

“What?”

“I am Legion and I’ll take you and your friends somewhere safe. If you are willing to trust me.”

“This isn’t some trick to register us?” Meta’s fuchsia eyes looked at Lu skeptically.

“No trick. I’ll take you some place safe I promise. I just need to contact my fellow Legionnaires.” Lu smiled simply at Meta trying to soother her by touching her arm as she guided her towards the door.

“What’s your name?” Lu asked.

“Meta Ulla and you are Luornu Durgo?”

“Good job. Now let’s get out of here.”

Lu and Meta left club Grav-mix. Lu mentally let Lu purple know she had left to go to the Marina bay headquarters but would explain why later.

Omni #889574 03/07/16 09:13 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Meanwhile Umbra and Chey-Nu drank silver ales watching the crowd around them.

“Think you could take him?” Chey-Nu pointed to a giant mauve four arms sentient whose muscles looked to be the size of their heads.

“He’s easy. Just get under his legs and either kick or punch his nether region, or get under there so that he has to grab you and then quickly maneuver yourself up and over on to his shoulders and punch his head until he’s unconscious. That doesn’t work flip off and up then kick him square in the lower back it should send a good shock and incapacitate him for a while or break his spine depending on how hard you need to be.” Umbra answered coolly as she eyed the giant thinking of more ways to take him out. She was a warrior by trade a champion by birth right and a Legionnaire by choice. But at the moment the warrior’s bloodlust was winning.

“You’re a tactical genius.” Chey-Nu gushed his blonde hair flopping in his face as he took a shot of the silver ale. The music around them began to thump louder the silver ale warming his insides before being brave enough to do the unthinkable.

“I’m gonna challenge him.” Chey-Nu slammed the shot glass down.

“You’re going to what?” Umbra was both shocked and intrigued.

“Challenge him to a fight. I’ve been training and haven’t been on a mission and I’m itching for a fight.”

“Chey no, that isn’t wise. We’ll be expelled from the club you wanted to come to and I’m sure the cadet program will look down upon it.” Umbra grabbed him by the arm doing her best to resist goading him into the fight with this sentient.

“Fine… but I could take him. You know that right?” Chey-Nu turned and grabbed Umbra by the waist back and began to sway to the music a little.

“I think you could hold your own. Now either take your hands off my waist or go with me to the dance floor. If you choose to leave your hands there then we will get kicked out because I’ll start a fight with you.” Umbra smile was both serious and devilish as she thought this might help settle both of them and she could resist Chey-Nu’s slight advances even though she wasn’t sure she wanted to.

“Dance floor.” Chey-Nu responded with a smile.

The two of them made their way to the regular dance floor on the main floor once they entered the sound proofed field and their ears instantly perked up as listened to the sounds of pop electro music with each step the floor thumped with the bass of the music surrounding them from floor up. Umbra led Chey-Nu by the hand as she felt herself loosen up; the bass reminded her of the tribal songs she grew up with at the ceremonies where she would fight to the beat of the drums of her people. Her movements with his mimicked a small battle each rocking back and forth brushing past and up against each other pushing the other as they spun around to the bass. Spinning in place on one foot Umbra turned and saw Jed and Bobb doing their own jumping in place while waving their hands. Jed’s hips shaking as he turned around while Bobb just jumped the lights bouncing off his crystallized hair. Bobb had added an extra layer before they had left the express bus and it paid off as the lights ricocheted creating new blends of the colors and sending them off in hundreds of different directions at once.

Slowly the music slowed down and Umbra looked around as the crowed began coupling off and saying in place. She had seen holos of this but had never really experienced “slow dancing.” It was like everyone around her went into a trance. Even Bobb and Jed whose gaze hadn’t left each other from the moment their foreheads touched and the music slowed.

“Do you want to?” Chey-Nu moved in slowly and timidly as he put his hands on Umbra’s waist again.

Umbra resisted at first but her hips responded to his touch as he moved her to the rhythm of the slow beating bass that made Umbra feel like her heart was beating in sync with it. Umbra’s thoughts were to encase them in a dark field for more privacy but she remembered he was her pupil not her consort and did her best just to enjoy the rest of the song but not push further. That was until Chey-Nu rushed forward and kissed her. Stunned Umbra stayed shocked for a moment before melting into him a bit and danced.

Omni #889575 03/07/16 09:14 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Jenni zipped passed the two gazed and lip locked coupled smirking and giggling the whole time as she speed back up to the second floor without even the slightest whoosh. Stopping on the dance zone dedicated to the mellowing sounds of the Steeple Monk chants Jenni found herself swaying away loving how their harmonic voices vibrated through her at the right frequency.

“I love them too!” called Lgxx nearing Jenni from a couple feet away.

“These chants are just so soothing and they make me slow down like nothing else.” Jenni smiled brightly. Her body instinctively matching the tones vibrational pattern.

“I know what you mean.” Lgxx also began to vibrate slightly the ground beneath him shaking ever so slightly. His powers activating to generate earthquakes under control by his mellowed consciousness to matchup with the Monk’s chants which were famous on his home world. The white leaves on his head vibrating separately to their own seismic rhythm.

The two continued to dance, sway, and vibrate oblivious to the world around them while Gil and Lu purple danced with Candi and Betty on the second floor anti-gravity floor bouncing around to the sounds of the Interstellar Girls and Dagwood’s rhythms of the Sun cycle; the music feeling just as fluid as they did in mid air. Although it may have also been the silver ale drinks they had before coming up to this level. Candi and Betty bounced off of each other as they swam through the air bumping into everyone around them.

“Haha if only flying through space was really this much fun!” Candi yelled.

“It’s not?” Betty somersaulted over towards Candi while her mop of thick reddish brown hair barely moving.

“No. there’s too much purpose and too many bad guys to punch! Haha I do love punching those bad guys though.” Candi flipped backwards in place.

“Yeah the Orinda with that!”

“The what, dear?”

“The Orinda it’s the world I come from. It’s a suck-taztic place that has a bunch of trees. I hate it there, so I use it as my…negative expletive I think is what a friend of mind called it when we made it up when we left.”

“Ahh… well I don’t agree with planet shaming but I guess if it works for you it works. So yeah the Orinda with that! Haha!” Candi swam through the air high as she could go shooting up like a floating rocket.

“I wonder where everyone else is.” Candi looked around and only seeing Betty, Jenni, and Lgxx dancing on this level.

Meanwhile up on the top level Lu purple sat at a delicate table with lots of silverware with violins playing in the background.

“Don’t you just love it up here?” Gil asked his yellow eyes sparking in the candle light.

“Yeah…thrilling…” If Lu purple’s tone wasn’t indicative of how little fun she was having her yawning should have done the trick. But Gil was so enthralled with everything else in the restaurant and the food that he barely paid attention to her.

“Oooo look at this. They serve Goba soup from Fuzzball. I heard it’s Goba beast broth mixed with carrots, sliced mcava seeds from their secret orchards and three kinds of grass roots that provide thickening hair, better eye sight, and immune boosters. I haven’t had this before! I think I’m in love!” Gil’s eyes light up even more the yellow becoming neon and a streak of yellow climbed through his hair.

“Uhmmm Gil… what’s happening to you?”

“Huh? Ha oh when I get exited my eye color transmutes to my hair. It’s one of my mutant gifts along with swapping powers.” Gil pulled a long strained forward from the pompadour of white hair he had before letting it go, the strand springing back into place recreating the perfect quaff.

“Neat.” Lu purple’s interest was mildly peaked but at that moment she honestly wishes she was on the dance floor or at least with her sister seeing this mysterious adventure through.

Omni #889576 03/07/16 09:15 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
A top a small roof a five story building

“Are they coming or not?” Meta’s tone impatient as she held herself a bit.

“They are coming don’t worry. I told you I’m Legion and I’ll get you to safety.”

“One way or another…” Lu neutral thought to herself reinforcing her psychic shielding training.

“Mon amiee I’m afraid this is a trap.” Jacques thought to Meta. Their silent elephant friend standing guard on this roof top in the middle of downtown Metropolis.

“Sister what is this all about?” Lu Orange floated down to them followed by Cosmic Boy, Invisible Kid, and Chameleon.

“Sister, thank you for coming and thank you Legionnaires.” Lu’s use of that word in front of people in this reality shocked all of them.

“Lu!” Cosmic Boy chastised.

The four of them landed quickly and pulled Lu neutral over to the other side of the roof to talk.

“She’s from Titan and pretty good. But not good enough to break our entire psychic shielding.”

“That’s good to know. But what is this about?” Invisible Kid omnicom taking readings of the two present and the third he couldn’t see.

“They need our help. They are part of an unregistered underground and don’t want to be injected with nannites. They heard about the Legion from Jazmin’s mind on a recent cadet mission and now they’ve tracked us to help them. I think we should help them.”Lu neutral stated.

“But how? We’re registered and even though were about to be nannite free thanks to Brainy’s solution that Gear modified we’ll be wearing bracelets like him. We can’t help.”Chameleon presented to Lu neutral.

“Yes and they have a Coluian bracelet that Gear could study to help you. But honestly the fact that unregistered metas are hunted down and forced to either join the cadet program or go to Takron-Galtos is just plan ridiculous.”

“Sister we’ve got some information about the nannite program and its foundations which might make their registration a bit more understandable.” Lu orange looked from side to side at Invisible Kid and Cosmic Boy as she went to the secret headquarters hours earlier and learned some new information.

“What?”

“It’s to fight Mordru that’s the whole reason for the nannites and the control. It’s to keep those safe whose abilities could empower him more and those who can fight him are well in automatic service.”

“That’s barbaric and Meta told me as much. No one should be forced to fight even if it’s against someone like Mordru.” Lu neutral’s anger was clear.

“We understand but at the time they didn’t have the cadets or any other way to fight him and that’s why the bracelets are a good alternative.” Chameleon chimed in.

“How about no registration period for the powered. Once Mordru’s stopped will the nannites go away? No! They will just control us because they can.” The disembodied voice peeked through the darkness.

“They have an invisible one.” Invisible Kid scans him and does a double take but dismiss it for the moment.

“Yes, they do Lyle and now that I’ve found you and know where you’ve been you can help me!” Jacques hugged Invisible Kid, his body clearly moving from the force of the hug.

“Jacques?” Lyle’s voice cracked as he said his long lost friend’s name.

“Yes and now that I know you’re with this Legion I know you can help us hide from registration. We’ve missed you in the underground Mon frère! Meta its Lyle! He’s with the Legion.” Jacques’s footsteps were heard clearly as he ran to Meta’s side.

“Looks like you’ve just been cemented Lyle.” Chameleon patted Lyle on the back.

“It seems that way and it seems we’ve found ourselves some new wards and a mission. Help end the tyranny that is the registration program.” Invisible Kid stared off as he knew he needed to help his brother of this reality.

Omni #889577 03/07/16 09:16 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Lyle watched as the Lu recombined and with Cos and Reep they were taking the unregistered underground to the headquarters. Lyle had said that he needed to go and check some of the sensors they had left around town in their quest to find Shikari and Timber Wolf. But he really needed to take care of some personal business.

Lyle shifted to become invisible instantly. His heart raced a little as he began floating up and off into the sky. Lyle was about to leave for this flight right when Lu had called about the unregistered underground. Even though he knew this might kill him to do this he had to see Condo.

“I thought this would have bonded me to this reality but now that Jacques is here and he recognizes me as this reality’s Lyle…I don’t know why I say it that way. This is our reality now. This is our home and for whatever reasons it’s resetting around us which is both interesting and terrifying all at the same time. But I still have to see him. It means even if it means here he doesn’t know me.” Lyle thought to himself as a small tear almost came to his eye before he stiffened up and continued his flight into the night sky.

The weather control system called for a clear starry night and on the warm side. Lyle thought he’d try and go to Condo’s favorite place when it was a night like to night. It was a small little spot on the out skirts of Metropolis where a small bridge ran over on to a grassy knoll mini island in the middle of the Gotham Bay river which after centuries of development and natural disasters had its course changed to run longer and through the out skirts of Metropolis for 500 clicks. It didn’t take long at all to get there but each second in flight felt like a millions years to Lyle.

“He’s here…” Lyle landed gently on the bridge several feet behind Condo as he crossed the bridge to the grassy knolled mini island.

Lyle moved slowly to not shake the bridge or make any sounds louder than the gentle rushing water. He was the master spy but in this moment he was just a scared kid he could have been.

“Keep your breaths short and shallow but don’t hyperventilate. Just breath slow.” Lyle thought to himself over and over again trying to keep his calm.

The wind blew Condo’s hair gently once he sat on a bench on the mini island. His slender muscular frame sprawled out on the bench for five seconds before looking around as if someone was there but then he lay down in the grassy knoll behind the bench and stared up at the stars. Lyle watched from a tree near him. Lyle stood behind the tree looking at Condo and instantly he felt relief and guilt. Brainy entered Lyle’s thoughts.

“Condo…my dear Condo. Goodbye.” Lyle thought simply as he slowly began to float up and away from the mini island a small tear fell from his brown eyes. But he wiped it away and flew back to Legion Headquarters and back to what this new life may have in store for him with a small smile.

Omni #889719 03/08/16 11:17 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Still catching up but I love the fight with Ron-Karr! laugh

Omni #891204 03/15/16 02:11 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Yeah loved the fight with Ron Karr, Malla and Ulu are natural teammates for Lydda. Nepheus is cool too, Shvaughn was a bit harsh on him considering how he saved her life! Mori is so Slipstream.

Bobb and Jed, what a nice pairing! Lazon and Umbra are interesting. Guess Gil hasn't got Lu Purple's heart yet.

Glad to see Meta and Jacques hooking up with the team. I'm really interested to see what happens with the nanites.

I wonder if Vrix is all that he seems.

Guess Lyle made his choice, Brainy over Condo. Aw. I wonder what Condo thinks in this reality?

Omni #891456 03/16/16 02:25 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
All caught up! I am glad Meta & Jacques have hooked up with the Legion as well - in fact I really liked all the character bits & general descriptive work put into the nightclub scene! Interesting to see Lazon show his first real hint of possible villainy & I'm kind of torn between feeling sorry for Tasmia if he eventually betrays her and feeling sorry for him! Also really appreciated what Lyle was going through with his decision re: Condo..

Omni #891963 03/22/16 10:20 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Omni this great stuff.

I'm intrigued by Brainy's decision about his mother, he was Always a mummy's boy but this seems like taking that need too far. I'm sure you'll be exploring it further soon.

The history of Neptune was superb, well written and full of interesting nuggets; the diamond rain and flying cities are really nice Sci Fi elements. Ron Karr is always fun and you used the little sneak well. Interesting group of cadets too, Gra-Malla and Nerpeus were my favourites, and you wrote Lydda really well too.

I'm really enjoying Lazon and Umbra's relationship, as tentative and spiky as it is. Lu trusting Meta was nice too. I bet the resistance will help beat the nannies problem.Lyme saying goodbye to Condo was poignant, nicely done.

Loving your work Omni, more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #893638 04/05/16 07:03 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you everyone for the comments and support.

IB,

Virx is all that he seems. But i don't think he's who anyone should worry about.

Yes, Harbinger i will be exploring Brainy and his mother's dynamic.

I'm glad that the battle with Ron Karr was fun and a good time. Thank you IB and Harbinger for Cadet Nephues as he's an original character of mine.

IB Shvaughn was harsh but i think she was just freaked out and yelled. But maybe your right and maybe they will have a moment to hash that out...(wheels turnings wink )

The underground will definitely be having their part to play in the events to come and i'm glad you like them so far.

Thank you Raz on the Night club character work and descriptions and thank you Harbinger for the comments about Neptune. I worked really hard on both of these to get a real sense of these characters and this world more.

I'm glad that everyone is ok with Lyle choosing Brainy over Condo. I think in this reality with the way things are they might never cross paths without Lyle's intervention. But i think Lyle has moved on and he finally knows that and feels it. Lyle knows this isn't his Condo in the end and that he and Brainy have started to build something real.

Umbra and Lazon will continue to be a spkiey couple and Raz intersting your say that hint of villainy and that you feel sorry for him. Umbra would destroy him if he did...but i'm gla you all like them

Glad Jedd and Bobb works IB, i know i haven't featured either much but i like the two and hope to get to use them a bit more.

more soon.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update4/14/2016
Omni #894417 04/14/16 03:15 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Saturday

Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.

Roll Call:
Chameleon - Reep Daggle
of Durla U247 – shape shifting
Spark - Ayla Ranzz –electrical generation and manipulation. Of Winath U247

Ayla snuggled up to Reep as they lay down in his quarters on the second sub level. She had come the night before and spent the night with Reep. Ayla couldn’t wait to get out of the academy and to be with Reep and her friends. The other cadets were nice and everything but they weren’t home and now that it was true her parents were dead, her brother Garth, Reep and the Legion were all the family she had left and didn’t want to be without them.

“You Ok Ayla?”

“I’m fine why do you ask?” Ayla sat up on her elbow looking at Reep.

“Your heart rate spiked when you nestled me. I thought you might have something on your mind.”

“Since when do you know when my heart rate spikes?” Reep brushed back Ayla’s strawberry blonde hair.

“I always know when your heart rate spikes.” Reep grinned before stretching his lips to meet hers with a kiss.

“Cute. But I’m fine. Just thinking about our lives here now…that I’m an orphan thanks to my crazy brother.” Ayla looked away for a second.

“If you want we can take a trip to Winath.”

“Reep that would take too long even with the mini cruiser’s hyper drive. Remember we’re in pre- threshold Earth.” Ayla winked again.

“Yeah I do miss the thresholds. But I just want to help make you feel better and I know it took me seeing my father’s grave to finally be OK with his passing.” Reep’s eyes watered for a second before Ayla wiped away his tear.

“Have you thought of going to Durla and seeing if he’s still alive here?”

“Thought about it but there isn’t really a good time. Besides it has been forever since I was back on Durla and I don’t even know if this Durla is anything like my Durla.”

“Haven’t you researched it?”

“Been too afraid too.”

“Well from what I’ve found it’s pretty much the same and your father is alive and he is still the spiritual leader.” Ayla stroked Reep’s arm gently trying to keep her own calm as Reep was getting good news.

“The Cadet Program?”

“Yup. We have to study up on all U.P. worlds. It really is like the Legion in a lot of ways.” Ayla laid her head back down on to Reep’s chest.

“It sounds like it. But now isn’t the time and we’d have the same problem of time getting there. I never realized how much the Thresholds changed our way of life. Stargates were one thing and they made travel better by leaps and bounds but Thresholds just decimated that.”

“Sounds like you want something from our old reality back…think if we think about it hard enough we can make it happen?” Ayla grinned.

“We may have to. Ayla, Lyle discovered that the Tromium supply has run out. The United Planets…the galaxy will only have the Stargates for another year, two at the most.”

“Considering my brothers elemental abilities are on file now because of the nannites, I’m surprised they haven’t asked him to create some.” Ayla sat up giving Reep a look.

“You’re right…that is weird. Why wouldn’t they have at this point?” Reep sat up quickly.

“Ayla you’re a genius that means the U.P. wants the stargates to fail and strand all of us. But why? That would put everyone at the mercy of Mordru.” Reep’s left hand when to his chin and his antenna wiggled a bit.

“Unless they expect to have Mordru contained by then or someone’s working for him to make it easier for him.” Ayla suggested.

“But they’ve worked so hard to make the universe safe with the nannites and now the cadet program. Maybe the U.P. isn’t aware that the reserves of Tromium are empty. Maybe they think there’s still more Tromium coming?” Reep questioned.

“I think it is time for a visit to Brande Industries again.” Ayla hugged Reep’s shoulders.

“I think your right. Espionage Squad’s got its work cut out.” Reep gave a half smile.

“Did any of you ever find the gifts Ferro and I left for any of you?” Ayla leaned forward a bit.

“What did you leave for us?” Reep was confused.

Ayla got out of bed her long blue night shirt with a giant white lightning bolt down the center of it falling gently. She went over to his closet and pulled out a new uniform with a hood attached.

“I know you don’t wear clothes but I know that it’s easier for you to shift into a different form when you’ve been able to study it rather than just see the design or picture.” Ayla held out a red and purple uniform with little yellow disks at the shoulders. The red hood covered the entire head with slits for his antenna and holes for his eyes and mouth.

“I wasn’t sure about the head but I figured once you shifted into it you’d figure out what worked best for you.” Ayla looked away from the suit at Reep who stood in mirror in his new uniform with no hole for a mouth.

“Reep… you look great!”Ayla smiled.

Instantly Reep shaped a Legion belt around his waist.

“Can’t forget where we came from. The Legion maybe in hiding in this reality but we’ve still got a world to fight for.”

Last edited by Omni; 04/14/16 03:19 PM.

Omni #894418 04/14/16 03:21 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Main Level: Legion Holo meeting table.

[b]Roll Call:[/b]
Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
Saturn Girl - Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication. Of Titan U247
Kid Quantum II - Jazmin Cullen –quantum fields capable of slowing/freezing time. Energy blast capable of causing decay. Of Xanthu of U247
Cosmic Boy – Rokk Krinn of Brall U247 – Magnetism: control, generation, and manipulation.
Invisible Kid – Lyle Norg of Earth U247 – invisibility
Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition
Triad - Luornu Durgo –Ability to split into three bodies. Of Cragg U247
Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 – tecno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
Randall Burroughs Atom'x of Xanthu of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - kinetic control over atomic energy and the atoms that compose them. Concussive, searing blasts. Flight, Phasing/Ghost, Radiation.
Jahr-Drake Ningle - Blast-Off of Earth of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - Flight and invulnerability
Karate Kid -Val Armorr of Omega Colony of U247– master of all known martial arts.
Starboy -Thom Kallor of Xanthu U247- interstellar mass control.
Sensor - Jeka Wynzorr of Orando U247– generation of illusions and telepathy. Evolved snake abilities undefined.
Meta Ulnoor - of Titan. Mind reading, telepathy, psi-blast.
Jacques Foccart - uncontrollable invisibility
Elephant sentient
-impenetrable skin and retractable tusks. No name and doesn't speak.

Nura sat at the meeting table waiting for Garth and Imra to show up. They said they were coming for a visit and to check in on all the things we’ve learned. But Nura also knew that she and Imra needed to have a chat as well and begin their planning of realigning themselves with reality. But looking over at the gymnasium area she could see their newest recruits training in hand to hand combat with Val.

“This place is a bit crowded for our talk…we may need to take this into the monitor room.” Nura thought to herself as she wondered who was on Monitor duty.

“Very good Meta. Throw yourself into the punch next time and then follow through with an elbow to the face with a back sweep. It’s an effective move to take down without killing.” Val was happy to have people to instruct. He had missed his daily training sessions with his fellow Legionnaires and since arriving here it’s mostly been him and Nura. That is until Drake and Randall appeared and now the underground refugees.

“Has Lyle come back yet?” a disembodied voice called from a set of parallel bars moving briskly.

“Not yet. But he should be back soon. He’s been checking all the sensors across Metropolis.” Nura answered.

“What are the transmitters for?” a thud was heard on the mats as Jacques dismounted and made his way to the meeting table.

“To find some friends of ours who have gone missing.” Nura turned to face where she heard Jacques‘s voice come from. Nura’s straight platinum blonde hair flipping as she did so.

“If you need more help. I’ll gladly help Mon frère look for your friends. You’ve been kind enough to take us in.”

“Thank you and we just may take you up on that. But first things first, we have to work on getting everyone here nannite free and outfitted with bracelets.” Gear’s melodic voice rang from the jump tube.

“Are the hydro-pods ready Gear?” Nura asked.

“Yes. With the combination of Brainy’s instructions for the energy pulse needed to send a signal to the nannites to exit the body along with my own design to make it more pleasurable an experience inside the pods; which will collect the nannites from the fluid which renders them powerless and you inert. You’ll be in a VR simulation that will make you activate your powers and try to surge the nannites. I need to know who would like to go first.” Gear blinked expecting people to be jumping at the opportunity.

Rokk and Lu were joining Sensor for a swim while Drake and Randall were playing video games on the holo screen.

“I will. I’ll be more than happy to get these things out of me.” Thom spoke up entering from the hanger.

“Follow me Star Boy.” Gear bowed slightly as they made their way to the jump tube to the second subbasement level where Gear and Brainy’s lab was.

“Why did he call him Star Boy?” the white hover chair swiveling back towards Nura.

“That’s his code name. Like the great heroes of the late 20th and early 21st century. They were our inspiration.” Nura smiled simply answering him.

“What is your code name?”

“Dreamer.”

There was silence for a moment.

“Do you think I could have a code name?” Jacques asked.

“I think we could find one for you.” Nura smiled.

The main doors opened gently announcing the arrival of their teammates. Garth and Imra strode in arm and arm with Jazmin walking in steadily next to them.

“Look it’s our salvation.” Meta called from the mats with a wide smile.

“Who is that?” Jazmin’s guard went up a little.

“That would be Meta, one of the unregistered underground and the one who read your mind and found out about us.” Rokk ran over to Jazmin grabbing her bag and giving her a kiss on the cheek after his slight stern look.

“On the Neo-Paris mission?” Jazmin hung her head hiding her face in her hand.

“Yeah. It seems she’s a telepath who caught your stray thoughts about us and how we wouldn’t stand for something like the registration hunts. Which you are right, the Legion would never stand for this. But this is the government’s wishes.”

“Really Cos?” Garth raised eye brows and grin said it all.

“But it is the right thing to do and the Legion’s been on the wrong side of the law before. So now they are staying with us and we’re in the process of removing the nannites in favor of Brainy’s redesigns of Colu’s bracelets.”

“If we only had the option.” Imra smiled gracefully at Rokk.

“You will. Once Mordru’s taken care of.” Nura added motioning them to enter further into the headquarters.

“So you’ve met Meta, and this is the Whisper?” is sitting next to me. But he’s also known as Jacques Lyle’s brother.” Nura did her best to inform without overloading and still try to find a code name for Jacques.

“Eh” Jacques said lightly before announcing himself to the group with a simple hello.

“There are three of you though…” Imra’s mind light up instantly.
“Yeah that’s our big lug. We don’t know his name but we’ve taken to calling him Tusk.” Meta joined the group at the holo meeting table.

“Welcome to the Legion. We’re the Founders and we’re glad to help.” Garth smiled broadly.

“Don’t forget to include us in that welcome.” Drake called to Garth raising his hand from his controller.

“Is that?” Garth’s eyes widened as he saw Drake back from the dead.

“It is. I’m sorry I forgot to tell both of you before we arrived that Wildfire is no more and now we’ve got two new Legionnaires in his former selves Blast-Off and Atom'x.

“Also known as Drake and Randall” The two of them replied in unison.

“They’ve still got some psychic de-melding to do.” Nura sent a hint to Imra telepathically that they need to meet soon.

“Well Drake and Randall I believe you both wanted a psychic therapy session. So sometime today or tomorrow we can do that.” Imra called over to the two of them who hadn’t left their video games. She could still feel their minds but they were clearer then they had been in his energy state.

“Will do! Later gotta beat these next couple levels before our training session with Val.” They said in unison again. But this time it was clear the two of them were a bit annoyed as it was only Drake who meant to answer.

“Alright, then I guess I’m free for the rest of the afternoon.”

“Actually Imra I could use your help for a bit in the monitor room. I’ve been working on trying to access the Titanet to help my vision like we did before but it isn’t working as well.”

“Of course. I’ll catch up with you later?” Imra held Garth’s hand.

“Sure. I’ve got next game if either of you wants a break!” Garth called over to Drake and Randall.

Randall raised his hand instantly. Garth kissed Imra on the cheek quickly before running off to join Drake on the floating couches in the rec. area. Randall stretched himself out before flying off to the commissary for some food. Imra and Nura quickly made their way into the monitor room while everyone else continued about their activities.
[color:#000099][/color]

Last edited by Omni; 04/14/16 03:37 PM.

Omni #894422 04/14/16 03:39 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Inside the Monitor room.

Nura shut the door and locked it instantly along with sound proofing the room with a secret command she programmed into the rooms security matrix which only responded to her commands.
“This isn’t about the Titanet is it?” Imra turned and sat on the edge of the console stand facing Nura with her arms crossed.

“You guessed right. You heard them. They are still Wildfire.”

“I did. Which might make it easier on us to push them to reform and I think I might have a way to even coerce them into it.” Imra’s face was stern and clearly unhappy at the thought.

“Implant the thoughts in their minds.”

“You know we really should have let you in sooner. You’re a lot smarter than you used to let on.”

“It’s easy to connect the dots once you know a glimpse of the future. Also it might be the most humane. At least that way they’ll want it.” Nura hugged herself.

“I wish we could just ask them or at least talk to them about it.”

“Do you really think they would agree to be recombined after billions of years being merged? That’s asking them to give up their lives in a very different way than being a super hero or dying in battle. That is asking them to willingly give up their chance at being something we all know they’ve wanted since their transformation.” Nura joined Imra at the consoles and sat in the floating white chair in front of the mission board.

“I know. I know. It would just make things easier. But somehow we have to get Drake and Randall in battle with Mordru.”

“That might not be that hard. Things are coming Imra. I’ve had some visions and Mordru and the boys will meet. But I think we’ve got some other things to add to our lists before that happens. Like getting Lu and Lyle to join us.”

“Well we’d have to possibly figure out other moments from our history that will cement us here and stabilize this reality. Have you gotten any more visions from the Time Trapper?”

“Yes and no. As I said I know you’ll have your hands full with Tharok and I think that has something to do with it. But I’m not sure. If it is it must be something a ways off. I’ve started to learn, the clearer the vision the sooner it may come to pass or at least the interpretation of it.” Nura shook her head slightly.

“I know your visions aren’t as clear as they used to be. But they still help and since the Trapper is sending them to you and they are open to interpretation. I think you’re seeing the end result.” Imra tried her best to comfort Nura. She needed Nura in this endeavor.

“Thank you. But how do we explain and have the two of them join us?” Nura asked before her eyes glazed over and a vision began.

Nura’s vision slowed and showed Vi in her Emerald Vi form a tall and statuesque confident woman in a green and gold bikini with a long emerald green cape and boots to match. Her long dark hair and wild green and violet eye fixated on Leviathan standing in a loving embrace with the Emerald Eye’s energy washing over them as it floated high above them. Quickly the scene changed showing what looked like cybernetic beings rampaging across planets and the birth and rise of all too familiar foes Brainiac 4 and C.O.M.P.U.T.O. their faces reflected in the eyes of the cybernetic beings, a world of stone beings passed before her eyes each with a horrified expression, a brief image of a shrouded man in purple, then after that a larger white triangle on a chain dangled before her spinning with an image of Roxxas laughing over a burning planet with M’Onel flying in a V formation upward with several other Daxmaites. Followed by a vision of the Fatal Five standing over someone as they lifted off Mano and Tharok front and center and finally a graduation and followed by a funeral and the first golden statue but the statute was a haze and unable to make out whom it was each vision was quick and momentary before her vision cleared.

“Nura?”

“I’m not sure how much we may have to do. But there are a lot of things coming for the cadets. Sorry I got a vision but not what I was expecting and I think the Legion will have its own part to play in all it but I’m still not sure.” Nura looked at Imra as she concentrated to let Imra see what she saw.

In a flash the same images raced through Imra’s mind as she connected with Nura telepathically.

“Nura, the Time Trapper sent those?”

“No I don’t think so. I feel like any vision’s that come from him, he will make them known and he did say he’d send them to you too. I think these are the things that are going to pass in this reality that are happening naturally with our intervention.”

“The Trapper said this reality was unstable and that we will stabilize it. But these events that we just saw look like altered versions of our own history. I didn’t think it was taking us into account on such a large scale.” Imra really looked at the gravity of what the Trapper was asking them to do and could they really recreate their history.

“I think I know how to ask Lyle and Lu to join us.” Nura said interrupting Imra’s thoughts.

“I think we just tell them we need their help. The two of them are here we should just ask them to join us.” Nura was growing tired of the how’s and when and figured it was just time to act.

Before Imra could respond Nura sent a message through her flight ring to both Lu and Lyle to meet them in the monitor room. Within moments both came to the door and Nura let them in.

“That didn’t take long at all.” Nura said.

“I just walked in the door actually and needed a pick me up otherwise I would have been here sooner.” Lyle responded drinking a hot cup of Craggiate triple caffeinated black coffee.

“And I was I was just chatting with Randall. He’s clearly the charismatic one of Wildfire that never got out much.” Lu smiled cheekily as she spilt.
“Wildfire’s bravado was clear in Randall and Drake and I still think they aren’t complete without each other.” Lu orange sat down gently.

“We agree on that.” Imra stood looking at the Lu’s and Lyle and took a deep breath.

“And that’s why we’ve been charged with recombining them into Wildfire.” Imra’s blue eyes wide with fear.

“What?” Lyle was the first to speak.

“The Time Trapper visited us and told us how unstable this reality was and that we need to remake Wildfire in order to cement us as a team because we have a shared history it seems not only do we need to cement ourselves individually but also as a team.”

“I knew it couldn’t be that easy.” Lyle took a sip of his pippin hot coffee and his brown eyes intense with agitation.

“So the Time Trapper wants us to turn them back?” Lu neutral‘s forehead scrunched with slight confusion.

“Yes but Mordru has to do it. He said the events out comes have to be the same but the how we get there is open to interpretation.” Nura answered.

“You said events…so recreating Wildfire is just the first?” Lu purple crossed her arms.

“Yes and we’re not 100% sure which ones. But that will change I’m sure. But we Nura did get a vision that the two of you were helping us.” Imra looked at them and they all were skeptical of what they were asking.

“I guess we need to get to work them to figure out what events need to happen again as a team.” Lyle made his way to the console lighting it up and the holo screen shifting to a time line of the team’s history in chronological order.

“Where do we start?”

“I’d say the beginning but I have a feeling the formation of the Legion is going to be the last thing we do.” Imra looked at the time line. She never really looked at it but knew that in the short five years the team had been around they had accomplished a lot.

“But here before we get started you should see some of Nura’s visions.” Imra connected all of their minds. Each of them reacting differently as the vision ended.

“M’Onel.” Lu neutral gasped slightly at the thought of him on and the White Triangle or that even the White Triangle exists here sending shivers down every one of her spins.

“We need to recreate history and they were a big part of it.” Lyle’s voice was stern but honest.

“But for now it doesn’t look like there’s too much we can do.” Lyle said before Nura gripped his shoulder.

“I think we just found the first thing we have to do.” Nura said her eyes deglazing.

“What?” Lu orange asked grabbing her knees to her chest.

“We have to say goodbye to Rokk and hello to Cosmic Boy.” Dreamer leaned forward her hands gliding across the holo keys and the screen shifted to show Rokk as the Magno Ball player in line to be the Magno Ball champion.

“Rokk hasn’t been named the Magno Ball Champion yet and is in training seclusion but there are gossip feeds saying he’s been missing over the course of the training year.” Lyle read the screen quickly.

“But that would mean Rokk would have to go back to Cuspin.” Imra frowned instantly at the memory of the man who stole from Rokk and his family and later hired the mercenary Domain to kill Rokk.

“Something else else he would never do and he would never leave the team.” Lu purple was right.

“This is why it’s our mission to get him back to the game.” Nura’s words hung in the air even though they were hopeful sounding words they left nothing but sadness about the thought.

The more they talked the more enclosed the monitor room felt. They were actively helping to decide the sequence of events of not only their lives but the lives of their friends.

Last edited by Omni; 04/14/16 03:45 PM.

Omni #894423 04/14/16 03:46 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Boit, unaffiliated world.

Roll Call:

Cadet Ray Sah - of Rimbor - Convert light energy into malleable forms, such as flight and destructive beams of light.
Cadet Kent Shakespeare of Earth - Limited invulnerability, super speed, and Super strength. Medical knowledge. Greater physical stamina. But requires sleep after.
Cadet E. Davis Ester of Touston
- Ability to cause accidents and disasters
Cadet Peter Dursin- of Earth -Metahuman with quills all over his body that he can fire at will
Cadet Noorr-ni't of Gryx - Flight. Elongated arms. Heighted senses of vision. Mutant at birth reptilian skin.
Tactical Science Police Officer Gigi Cuzmon

“EHhehehe....” breathing heavy a young hooded woman ran through the dirt streets of Boit panting trying to get away from the hell hounds. The rabid dogs of Mordru’s also known as the Blight, the withered and decaying race of beings who feed on any whom cross their path to keep their immortality and decaying at bay. Once connected to the Doda, Mordru happened across them. They tried to “entwine” him and Zerrox to feed on him and release them from their eternal state forever. But they picked the wrong food source. Mordru captured the Doda making it entwine at his will planets he wishes to be his but are too far out of his mystical reach and uses the Blight to take the worlds. Those that survive become part of the blighted masses ever in search of an energy that will cure their decaying state. Even though the energy they consume is transferred to Mordru making him stronger.

The world around the hooded woman remained untouched as this world was not their target but she was. Mordru had sent them after her and after the item she had stolen from him. Running through the wide open roads wasn’t her going to provide much cover and the only place she could go was the little hamlet known at Voait the capital of Boit. Boit was a simple world of elfin jewel eyed sentients with a mystical nature and one of the few worlds left that had access to the shadow dimension also known as Myrra. The hooded woman ducked from tree to tree until she was inside the little village ducking down in to the few alley ways it possessed. Ducking down behind a trash can and peeking her head around the corner.

“I’ve got to find the Stone of shade! The map’s clues said in the fountains crescent you’ll find the black Gollum of night and enter his murky water to find the stone of shade.” The hooded woman thought to herself.

The crackling sound of the Doda’s energy alerted her to the arrival of The Blight, the Mordru’s hell hounds.

“They are teleporting more instead of fanning out. They mustn’t have sent many of the dead.” The hooded woman thought before she felt the icy glare of The Blight from behind.

“ARRRRGHHHHhhh You Can’T Escape the Blight of Mordru!” Atrophos yelled tendrils of energy known as chock weed came flying at her with two of his decaying cronies standing behind him.

The hooded woman recognized him as the leader of the Blight instantly the hooded woman’s hands glowed with blazing yellow light as force bolts blasted from her hands cutting the tendrils in half prematurely exploding them and before they could fire again her hands dazzled with a blue light dissolving the ground beneath them.

“Ahhhh!” they called as the hooded woman ran away and into the streets her hood falling back revealing her bald head.

Her cape flowing in behind her as she ran as fast as she could toward the center of town knowing once she found the fountain she could erect a shield and save herself from their decaying touch. The thick muggy air of Boit didn’t help and the hooded woman found herself sweating and winded after only a few blocks and in no time the Blight caught up to her. their violent purple energy firing all around her from above as they flew in over her head on the energy of the Doda, their deadly touch siphoning the life from the grass and trees now that they had been angered and forced to expended energy on her. The assault continued on her to keep her off balance when suddenly a blast of blinding and searing light cut through their purple energy followed by rapid fire of quills.

“Miss, come with me.” A stern voice came from next to her quickly grabbing her out of the line of fire using him to shield her from the stray quills the Blight deflected.

“Superman?” the hooded woman’s eyes widened in fear that the long thought dead hero was after her after all this time.

“No. But thanks for the comparison. It’s good to know I’ve carried on the family resemblance.” The superman look alike said from behind his tinted blue glasses.

“Uhhh can we get some help here! These guys aren’t stopping for nothing.” Cadet Sah yelled firing off rounds of lights beams that the Blight began to dodge.

The air began to crackle with the Doda’s energy bringing in more of the decaying minions.

“You’ve got energy.” The glowing red eyes of the Blight zeroed in on Cadet Sah their pale spotted skin showing their veins throbbing beneath their purple organic armor.

“I do and you should see how much!” Cadet Sah clasped her hands together sending out a busting blast of light at him sending him flying backwards.

Laser fire erupted from high above as Cadet Noorr-ni't held Officer Gigi Cuzmon her wings flapping hard.

“Kent, are the two of you clear?” Cadet Davis Ester asked over the telepathic relay.

“Almost. But she’s fighting me.” Before Cadet Shakespeare could say any more the hooded woman blasted the ground under his feet dissolving the ground. Cadet Shakespeare sank quickly before finally grabbing sold ground and pulling himself out.

“Whew… I’m going to need a week’s nap after this.” Cadet Shakespeare tried to steady his breaths before getting up and running after the hooded woman who continued to run towards the center of town.

“Alright, I’m up and running. Do your thing Cadet Davis Ester.” Cadet Shakespeare called over the telepathic relay.

Focusing on the Blight Cadet Davis Ester’s eyes glowed neon green as the Blight found themselves falling from the sky as their thrusters failed and their violent purple energy back firing on them encasing several of them in their own choke weeds burying them beneath the ground storing them for food for later.

“HA! Having a few accidents boys?” Cadet Davis Ester joked watching the Blight fall before him. But wasn’t concerned with the about them other catastrophes happened. Walls of buildings started caving in on themselves, hover lights surging and falling out of the sky. Hover cars exploding and flying into each other. Thankfully Officer Gigi ordered and evacuation of the capital city as soon as it was confirmed that Mordru’s agents were en route planet as it was the primary concern for contact. The Academy got a tip from Cadet Theena who had oddly enough patched into one of the blighted a former friend from a fallen world who she had imprinted not long after she bonded with the symbiote.

“It’s so great to let loose like this! It’s been ages. I mean don’t get me wrong I love control and target in but man this is fun!” Cadet Davis Ester yelled.

“Ahhh…hhHH you will nott resist us.” Atrophos moaned doing his best to evade Cadet Davis Ester’s eyes as he realized in order for him to directly affect him he needed to make eye contact. Firing off blast after blast of choke weeds at him each exploding early hit by quills from the ground before he was struck by the flying Cadet Noorr-ni't flying low and into him her sharp talons on her feet and hands into his chest almost getting caught in the organic purple armor.

“AhHH get off of me you monster!” Cadet Noorr-ni’t pushed against him launching herself off into the air.

Last edited by Omni; 04/14/16 04:05 PM.

Omni #894424 04/14/16 03:53 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
But Atrophos reached out and grabbed her tail tight and flung her straight towards Cadet Davis Ester.

“Ahhhhh” both cadets yelled as they Cadet Noorr-ni’t flattening Cadet Davis Ester.

“There goes our leverage!” Officer Gigi yelled blasting away at the Blight running after Cadet Shakespeare who took off after the hooded woman.

“We fight till the end!” Cadet Dursin yelled firing off quills at the Blight their bodies taking the hits but still soldering on.

The Doda energy crackled into existence again as more of the Blighted appeared from its violet energy. Cadet Sah fired off beam after beam of light frying many of the new Blighted that came forth.

“Everyone run towards the fountain! Jinx’s has set up a perimeter that will stop them!” Cadet Shakespeare commanded over the telepathic relay.

“Who’s Jinx?” Cadet Sah yelled firing more blast while to went to rally Cadet’s Noorr-ni’t and Davis Ester.

“She’s the one they’re after. She escaped Mordru with a map to find a weapon that can help defeat the dark lord.”

“So we’re just supposed to trust Mordru’s henchwoman?” Cadet Sah speed towards the fountain the light particles carrying her faster as her skinned reddened and her hair turning into a giant ball of light as she lifted up Cadet Davis Ester into the sky with her.

“For now? Yes! Those things are serious bad news. The reading my omnicom put out on them from the moment they arrived was outrageously high.”

“Reinforcements?” Cadet Dursin called firing off another round of quills.

“Not Yet! Just get to the fountain!” Officer Cuzmon yelled.

As quick as they could they ran and flew towards the fountain at the center of the capital village. It was a tall blackened statue of a Manhunter holding a lantern. It was clear once upon a time it used to cast its light on this hamlet but it had been ages since that had happened. A crescent moon surrounding him with crystal clear water filling its pool. Officer Cuzmon and the cadets raced into the crescent.

“They’re all in!” Cadet Shakespeare called to Jinx as she stood inside the crescent.

“Barricau desna magea!” Jinx’s hands glowed a bright magenta and they began to erect a magical force field around the perimeter of the fountain.

“Nooo!!!” One of the blighted yelled as Atrophos urged his blighted minions on their rabid faces and blank red eyes stares towards the fountain. The blighted minion rushed the rising barrier just before it reached completion and jumped inside its protective glow.

“You will not resist!” the blighted roared as he began running towards Jinx to disrupt her spell.

Blinding light and quills fired upon him but not much was working and then Cadet Shakespeare ran up and punched him with a hard down swing to the face knocking him out.

“There is always a time and place for some brute strength.” Cadet Shakespeare cracked his knuckle.

“Yes and now is the time for help. Fire head any change you can cast a fire wall something?” Jinx barked as she strengthened the spells barricade as more blighted arrived the Doda’s purple energy flashing as it brought more.

“Wall of hard light might help. Just got to concentrate a bit more.” Cadet Sah put her hands together as she began to hover in the hair light particles floating around her as she pushed up and outward a golden orange field erupted out of her and circling them.

“I’ll keep this up as long as I can to help.” Cadet Sah didn’t stop hovering as her body and hair glowed the same color of the field.

“How’s everyone?”

“I’ve been better. My talon’s really got stuck in that guy’s armor. But it was like…”

“Skin. It’s organic. They are the Blighted one of many Mordru’s tools and they are relentless and every hungry to end their state of constant decay.” Jinx entered the crescent fountains waters.

“What is this? These waters are not murky they are clear. I need the shadow waters! I need to find the Stone of shade!” Jinx thrashed around in the crystal clear water.

“Miss Jinx what is this Stone of Shade?” Cadet Dursin asked keeping his arms up as he stood over the unconscious blighted.
“It is the stone that houses the Night Sword, the legendary sword of the hero Nightmaster. His sword has the power to deflect magic of any kind and its power is only limited by the wielders imagination and drive and I have more than enough of those to use its power to take down the dark lord.” Jinx seethed with anger and fear.

“so where’s this stone in the shade or sword or whatever.” Cadet Davis Ester sat on the edge of the fountain holding his head in his hands.

“That’s just it. it’s supposed to be here. In the fountains crescent you’ll find the black Gollum of night and enter his murky water to find the stone of shade.” Jinx threw her hands up in the air at the black stone statue reciting the maps clue.

“Well if this guy is the black Gollum of night and you’re in the crescent…it’s just the murky water…are there any other clues?” Officer Cuzmon checked the back side of the fountain as she walked around checking all entry points the Blight could have should the fields fail. Their thundering pounding on the two barriers couldn’t be easy on Jinx or Cadet Sah.

Jinx conjured the map and reread the clue and its ancient langue of the Shadow realm or Myrra as some know it. Cadet Shakespeare stood over her shoulder looking at the map it’s luminescent gently bouncing off glass lens over his eyes.

“This part here…what’s that?” Cadet Shakespeare pointed over Jinx’s shoulder.

“I’ve killed men for doing less, Superman.”

“It’s Kent actually. Kent Shakespeare.” With a small thin smile Cadet Shakespeare adjusted his lens.

“And what you pointed to is the just a gold speck. See.” Jinx tried to wipe it away but it wouldn’t move and as she rubbed it its light grew brighter until ultimately it leaped from the map and into the lantern of the Manhunter casting the brightest light and creating shadows below it.

The water at their feet began to darken its waters becoming muddy. Slowly a stone of pure onyx rose from the waters just beneath the held out lantern staying within its shadows and in the onyx stone its blue steel and golden handle gleaming in the shadows.

“The Sword of Night!”Jinx reached out for it but a shield erected around it instantly zapping her hand.

“Ahhhh”

“Why did it do that?” Cadet Shakespeare grabbed her hand and looked to see if it was burned. Jinx’s hand was red and beginning to blister.

“Let me.”

“No need.” Jinx waved her free hand over her injured hand and healed herself.
“Magic does wonders.” Jinx’s eyes glinted her bald head shining as the small red ruby at the center of her head twinkled for a second.

“The sword can only go to he who is worthy.” A voice rang around them before a light blue ghostly form appeared next to the sword.

“Who are?” Officer Cuzmon pulled her laser aiming it at the blue light creature.

“I’m Jim Rook the ghost in the sword and only he who is worthy can take my sword. I banished it to Myrra just before my death and blessed it to only be picked up by he who is worthy as I had no children to pass it on to as my father had to me.” The ghostly Jim Rook’s face saddened at this thought.

“So who is the he who is worthy?” Jinx demanded.

“He who can pull the sword from the onyx shade will have the swords powers and with it my guidance.”

“Well someone try something! They are coming much faster now and I don’t know how much longer I can keep this up!” Cadet Sah yelled her body trembling.

“We don’t have time for this!” Officer Cuzmon jumped into the murky waters and reached for the sword and pulled it from the onyx shade.

“So much for the…” the blue light ghost of Jim Rook smiled and winked at Officer Cuzmon.

“Alright so this thing can defeat the Blight?”

“They are agents of Entropy but enslaved to Mordru’s magic. Free them from his magic maybe you can send them somewhere else.” Jim Rook answered.

“That doesn’t help me and I came all this way for that damn sword to kill Mordru and gain my freedom!” Jinx ran for the sword but Officer Cuzmon’s reflexes saved her from being grabbed by Jinx’s dissolving touch which she had activated.

“The sword has chosen me. Deal with it. but for now we need you to figure out how to stop those things out there.”

“The sword needs to touch the Doda energy. Once it does it should disrupt the magical thrall they have.”

“Does that save anyone from being blighted?” Cadet Dursin asked.

“No Entropy’s magic/power is greater than what the sword can do.” Jim Rook answered his ghostly form becoming hazy and smoky as he moved closer to the sword preparing him to rejoin it.

“Where are you going?” Officer Cuzmon pointed the sword at him.

“Back into the sword. I’ll be here whenever you need me.” With a wink and a smile Jim Rook’s ghostly form wafted away while the sword of night glowed a light blue hue.

“I guess up to us now. Cadet Davis Ester I want you to make eye contact with any many of the blighted outside the fields and see if you can cause some accidents. While, Cadet Noorr-ni’t I want you to fly me up as high as you can so that I can intercept the Doda and the rest of you it’s an all out brawl.” Officer Cuzmon’s look was firm.

Omni #894425 04/14/16 03:54 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“But wait what if you free the Doda and the Blight from Mordru’s service doesn’t that leave them free to roam the universe to continue to prey and infect more people?” Cadet Shakespeare pointed out seeing the Blight as an infection and the Doda was how it spread.

“He’s got a point Officer.” Cadet Dursin agreed squatting near the captured Blighted.

“I saw we still sever the tie to Mordru but we send them to a new home that they can’t leave.” Jinx proposed.

“but what home? Do you know of any places we can send them where they won’t be any trouble?”

“What about the shadow realm?” Jinx’s sinister smile glinted just before Jim Rook’s ghost burst forth.

“NO! you can’t do that and you can’t corrupt the shadow lands. Myrra is defenseless against those things. There has to be a world in this realm that can house those creatures.”

“Hurry the Sprock up! I can’t keep this up and something tells me the Jinx’s magical barrier won’t hold against the hundreds of Blight I see out there and feel bashing my light wall.” Cadet Sah urged them to hurry.

Officer Cuzmon searched her omnicom for a list of vacant worlds with no life and a breathable atmosphere.

“Do a summoning spell Jinx. You know you can. We both know your magic can bring them to a world where they can’t harm anyone.”

“Yes but you also know that would mean I’d have to stay near them if not on the planet to keep my containment spell working and then the dark lord could find me and I’m going to be long gone.”

“Can the Sword be the containment?” Officer Cuzmon looked at the swords gleaming light.

“If you do it will turn the sword dark forever. But it and I can help Jinx cast her spell and stand guard over the Blight on…”Jim Rook reached out with his other worldly powers to see what he could find. Wafts of energy gently lifting up into the air.

“Fine.” Jinx waved her hand in a pattern from shoulders to head and into a circle forming a giant globe above her head its pink energy mixing with Jim Rook’s.

“We have it!” Jinx and Jim Rook said in unison.

“We’ll take them to planet Jalnairy in the Vegan System. It’s uninhabited and has a moon that orbits it’s closely.” Jim Rook informed them.

“And Officer Cuzmon as much as I would have loved to have served with you as the New Nightmaster, the sword of night must now be given to Jinx for her to sever the Doda from the blight and then cast her spell to send them all to Jalnairy. Where we will both watch over them and Jinx once you touch the sword we are bonded. But my magic and tie to the sword is stronger than yours and you only wield it because I wish it so and the needs of the many outweigh those of the few and we both need to give up something to keep them safe.

“If you want I’ll come with you. I’ll do anything I can to help keep the Blighted at bay and out of the hands of Mordru.” Cadet Shakespeare offered.

“Once my spell is in place they won’t be able to leave the planet as long as I’m alive and the Sword will be my extra ace by becoming a shield around the planet. But I could always use the company.” Jink’s smiled devilishly at Cadet Shakespeare as Officer Cuzmon handed her the sword.

“Don’t worry cadets we’ll be checking in as part of the special units patrol as that world is part of the United Planets. It was going to be used for colonization in 3025. But the president will be made aware of the situation. Now let’s take them down.” Officer Cuzmon super charged her laser and aiming at the barriers whose glow had started to fade.

Jinx and Jim Rook stood ready to fly on up towards the Doda using its energy to help boost their teleportation spell before setting it free. While the other cadets stood ready waiting for the barriers to drop. Cadet Davis Ester had been causing accidents all around the barriers and causing the Blighted to back fire as much as he could. But there were still so many of them.

“I’m done!” Cadet Sah dropped instantly and Cadet Shakespeare ran to her side and brought her back with him.

“I’ll be ok in a second.”

“We don’t have that.” Cadet Shakespeare picked up Cadet Sah and told her to fire as much as she could but he was going to speed through the crowed.

Cadet Dursin picked up the captured blighted and used him as leverage to get through the crowed Cadet Davis Ester and Officer Cuzmon followed behind him flanking him each firing respectively. While Cadet Noorr-ni’t flew high into the air using her wings and tail to rush and bash many of the flying Blighted.

Jink’s hand steadied around the sword of night as she conjured a spell to let her fly up high into the sky towards the crackling energy of the Doda. The violent purple energy circling the sky above Boit’s capital entwining everything in its path, destroying the buildings decaying them sending chock weeds through the earth while also releasing more Blighted on to their world.

“No you will not take what is mine!” Atrophos yelled flying for Jinx as she held the sword of night high in the air pointing at the Doda as tendrils of its energy began its rotation towards them again.

Atrophos clawed at Jinx who fought hard using her magic to dissolve his touch and fire force bolts to send him flying backwards before he could get his hands on her or the sword of night before the spell was complete and the Doda was free of the Blight. Jim Rook’s ghostly body zipped around many of the blight knocking them unconscious before bouncing up to Jinx who was struggling with Atrophos grabbing her feet at the last second and detonating a chock weed bomb on her foot which threatened to devour her. But using her magical dissolving touch and cutting at Atorphos’s hand with the sword of night she pushed free just as Jim Rook reached her.

“Now!”

“Transportum, mouvadus et gilao defac Freaidome!” Jinx’s body glowed magenta as she took in the energy of the Doda casting her spell to separate Mordru and Atrosphos’ control over it. its violent purple light changing and blooming into bright fluorescents yellows, pinks, greens, and oranges and it spun around the blighted and Jinx. Jim Rook’s ghostly body circling the sword of night.

“Booom!!!” a flash of blinding light bathed all of them in the Doda’s energy but combined with the spell the blighted became frozen for a moment in magenta light before disappearing in a second flash.

“What?! Where did they go?” Cadet Dursin spun around the Blighted he held by the neck no longer there.

“To Jalnairy.” Officer Cuzmon said looking around all chock weed damage was taken with them and the small hamlet was completely repaired.

“I guess that’s one less weapon in Mordru’s arsenal thanks to us huh Officer Cuzmon?” Cadet Noorr-ni’t asked landing beside her.

“It seems that way. But we’ll still be checking in on them.”

Omni #894426 04/14/16 03:55 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
On Zerrox, Mordru’s thrown room.

“What happened!” Mordru roared his fist slamming down on his thrown the jewels shaking.

“My Lord what angers you so?” Mysa asked bowing before her father.

“The Blight are free from my control as is the Doda. I can no longer feel them and the spell that bound them to me has been broken but I don’t know how.” Mordru seethed with anger.

“Eye! Where are you?” Mordru yelled before the emerald green light of the Emerald Eye blinked in before him.

“Yes my Lord.”

“What has happened to the Blight and the Doda? My spell and yours was too strong to be broken.”

“It was broken by the Sword of Night.”

“That’s impossible. That blasted sword was lost to the ages after Nightmaster's death.”

“Jinx found it and she used its magic along with hers to separate you from the two but it does seem she’s done the same to Atrophos as I do not sense that he’s connected to the Doda any more either.”

“Then where are they?”

“They are on Jalnairy in the Vegan System which I’m afraid is a United Planets world my Dark Lord.” The Emerald Eye’s icy voice giving Mordru the unfortunate news.

“Again the accursed Untied Planets. Leave me both of you!” Mordru commanded.

The Emerald Eye faded away as Mysa simply walked out of the throne room and into the hall. The cold castle walls lined with torches that only began to light as Mysa walked and extinguished themselves once she was beyond the need for their light or heat. Mysa made her way down to the lower level of the castle. Not the dungeon but it might as well have been. Mysa’s room was a small room just behind the hearth in the kitchen. The room was her work room for her spells and living area. Her work bench covered in herbs, written spells, and other ingredients, even a magical charm or too. The room’s walls were covered in etched in runes and various other protection symbols from across the galaxy. Mysa took every precaution. Sitting in her arm chair at her work bench Mysa began working on a spell.

“Good choice to release Jinx and tell her where the sword was.” Mysa turned from her work bench to see the Emerald Eye floating behind her chair.

“Yes, well we needed to get rid of those infernal Blight and get them out of the picture if the Untied Planets had any chance at surviving Mordru once he decided to forgo this little treaty of yours.” The Emerald Eye’s emotionless voice rang into Mysa’s ears.

Mysa hated the Emerald Eye and always had. It was always her father’s favorite toy of destruction. But now the Eye had a new host and needed her help just as much as she needed it’s to take down her father.

“Father is that close to dismissing the treaty and starting war?”

“For now no. War is the farthest thing from his mind. Mostly because he doesn’t think of the United Planets isn’t much of a worthy adversary and more of a nuisance.” The Emerald Eye floated around Mysa’s room before resting on the side by her chair.

“You’re fine. The runes and spells will protect us.” Mysa didn’t look away from her bowl of rueha seeds she was grounding into a fine powder.

“We can’t take any chances. I’ve dispatched your young protégé to help distract him.” The Emerald Eye’s voice callous about its latest host.

“She’s not a play thing for him. She’s here to help keep you free to help me defeat him.”

“And she’s playing her part by being the distraction we need.”

“Have you given him more worlds to go after to keep him away from the United Planets and those with less to no powers?”

“Yes, but he’s insistent on reclaiming parts of his old empire which we both know he will achieve if unchecked.”

“I’ve got that taken care of. The United Planets will have a force to fight Mordru and help the rebellion.”

“Good and remember to do your part to keep him unaware of the United Planets plans. I need to head back.” Fading away the Emerald Eye left without so much as a goodbye.

“They will be the force we need…all of them will be.” Mysa thought to herself as she inhaled the a whiff of the rueha seed powder.

Jalnairy

“Ahhhhhh!!! This is not fair! Do you hear me up there! We will die if we can’t feed off the energy of others! You so called heroes would never allow that!” Atrophos screamed up into the air. As he was surrounded by his blighted brethren who now covered the entire planet.

Jalnairy’s Moon

“He has a point Jinx.” Jim Rook looked outside the tower window from Warden Jinx’s throne room.

“We’ll feed them. Don’t worry. There’s a energy spell and hibernation spell I learned from Mysa that will put all of them into a version of their own chock weed pods.” Jinx sat a top of her throne a large gold and purple velvet lined with rams heads at the ends of the arm rest.

“I’d enact that spell now. They are scientist after all and could figure a way out.” Jim Rook’s blue ghostly form walked over towards Jinx and leaded against her throne on the hilt of his home the Sword of night which was stationed in a holder on the rams head.

“True. I don’t need them figuring out magic.” Jinx said with a snarl. As if scientist could understand magic she thought to herself but stood anyway her hands raised high above her head her hands and the jewel at the center of her forehead glowing red and blue the two swirling together until her eyes matched them.

Down below on Jalnairy the chock weed bombs of every Blighted sentient started to go off but the magic re-morphed the underground food storage bombs into above ground pods made of the same material as their organic armor, warping each of them up tightly inside they all fall asleep to the hibernating spell.

“Noo… I will not be denied my freedom!” Atrophos screamed running from the spell sweeping across Jalnairy until he was on top of a hill and the spell but more like a curse to him set off three of his chock weed bombs warping themselves around him.

“No!! No!!!Please StoooP!” Atrophos screamed the pod sealing at the top his screams muffled until finally there were no more screams or sounds at all, the hibernating spell washing over him.

The cold air of Jalnairy wafted about across the planet of sleeping blighted purple pods each slightly pulsing with the beat of their hearts. Within moments the pods were connected at the root and all leading to the top of the hill where Atrophos pod was and each heart beat pulsing in sync a faint glow come from each pod and it pulsed outward from the top of the hill.

Last edited by Omni; 04/14/16 03:58 PM.

Page 17 of 37 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,950
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Non-Magnetic Kid
Non-Magnetic Kid
We're coming Vee!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star