Roll Call
0 members (), 12 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/30/24 08:52 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:39 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:33 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 04/30/24 06:24 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:20 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:12 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/30/24 04:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added BOUNCING BETTY 30 April*
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/30/24 12:16 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mr. Naltor
#117316 09/11/03 02:08 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
When Dream Girl was elected Leader of the Legion, there was an economic explosion on Naltor! Everything Dream Girl, White Witch, Cassandra, *Naltorian* became an instant collector's item. I could't keep any art in my gallery. Collectors from all over the universe were on waiting lists to purchase...anything... from my place. I'd have visions of my waitlist and transactions with clients that would happen months and months later. I'd never had a vision of anything that would take place longer than a year away, until this time. Nura's celebrity did all this. She shone through the Great Darkness crisis. I'm sure a fear of wild Daxamites made any lingering distrust of Naltorians disappear. It was during this time I was contacted by the Mr. Naltor Contest Board. They wanted me to compete to become Mr. Naltor. As Mr. Naltor, I would compete in several categories, including talent, interview, prophecy accuracy, formal wear and swimwear. I'd seen these contests all my life. Yes, they have to have their heads together, but everyone knows it's a beauty contest. I wasn't so sure I wanted to do it, but Dad almost went through the roof! He desperately wanted me to. I messaged my old friend Lyn Lrok, asking her what she could look up about all this. I didn't want to become a slave to some organization. After doing some research, she got back to me and told me that apart from several mandatory public appearances and some general conduct restrictions, I would still have plenty of freedom to be myself, to express what I wanted when I wanted. She thought I should really do it. I was still hesitant until Nura called.

#117317 09/11/03 02:29 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Nura used to kid that my hair was only a shade darker than hers. When I began all this preparation for the contest, I agreed to have my hair dyed Dream Girl Platinum. I refused, though, to use Inertron Brand hair products. I'd heard they tested their muck on Proteans. I believed that Proteans should be granted sentience by the UP. I promoted my assistant, Krk, to manager of the gallery, once the vision of doing so came to me. Dad came with me to the Capitol, and we went to the first round. I have to admit that I liked the massages and the overall pampering they gave us contestants, but the worst parts were A) the constant fittings for clothing and B) the critiques given while modelling. A couple of my friends were models at home, but they never told me about any of this.

I made it through the preliminaries, on to the finals. Dad was very proud. When we messaged Mom, she seemed amused. Lyn checked in on me a lot. She showed a lot of interest in how I was doing. That made me feel good. Lyn was studying Seer Law at Naltor University. Very few people on Naltor go on to higher education, except those that study history or courses that require a lot of memorization. Our prophetic visions generally guide us toward our career opportunites, and when there, on-the-job training is also expedited by our visions. I found myself thinking of Lyn a lot, even when I was supposed to be concentrating on a precog quiz or practicing for an interview. Dad said he had a vision of me and Lyn together. He was irritated, I was pleased. I couldn't wait to see her!

#117318 09/11/03 03:01 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I decided to go ahead and relax and enjoy being a candidate for Mr. Naltor. Dad and Lyn were there with me, and were soon joined by Mom and my brother. Because of my platinum hair and my mostly white wardrobe, the others began calling me Dream Boy. At first I was insulted, but decided to laugh if off. I'm sure Nura would be laughing if she knew. The other contestants were actually very interesting. One of them was a very muscular man named Kuli Jin. He was a Construction Seer. He said he'd heard of my mother. He'd worked on a site she designed. Kuli was very polite but not very wordy. He never called me Dream Boy. I didn't care for Fasolt Fon. He was a Wellness Seer and was quite a snob. I do believe he started the Dream Boy teasing. I kept wishing for a vision of him in a malpractice suit. Lyn couldn't verify. Fasolt was extremely handsome, perfectly groomed. He was married to another Wellness Seer, Sheena Lytl, a prominent doctor from the Capitol. Married men could participate, but none have ever won. Zac Nic was a lot like me, a Creativity Seer, but he was a writer. He wrote a great travel guide holo-book about Naltor, which became a huge hit when Naltor's popularity boomed. Zac was really intelligent and fun. He had long golden blond hair and tan skin. We became good friends. He could call me Dream Boy, and I'd think it was funny. I have to admit that my favorite competitor was Caan Don. Caan was tall, dark skinned, and didn't have a hair on his head. He was flambouyant and hilariously funny. I don't think I ever laughed so much as when Caan was around. When he called me Dream Boy, I took it as a compliment. These four: Kuli, Fasolt, Zac and Caan, would end up joining me in the top five of the Mr. Naltor competition.

#117319 09/11/03 03:18 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Parading around in tight little bathing suits was never a hobby of mine, but it must have been for Caan. I actually let him give me lessons on how to walk down the runway. Caan would swing his arms and take very large, slow-motion steps to exaggerate how I could present myself. I guess he knew I'd boil it down to something far less dramatic than what he was doing. He did teach me to be a little more fun, which made me more comfortable. Kuli seemed to charge down the stage, Fasolt was very controlled and regal, Zac seemed the most natural, casual about it. Caan actually toned it down in competition. He came across as very fun and charming.

After the formal wear competition, Zac and Kuli were eliminated. I hoped for a vision to see if I'd keep in touch with them. Nothing.

Caan and I waited in a sound proof booth, as Fasolt was asked what his most important issue was. We didn't hear it, but he answered medical research. Fasolt joined Caan in the booth, and I went onstage and answered the same question. My answer was equal rights for all sentients. I went back to the booth and Caan received the question. He answered, "Continued research of non-sentient species, in order to confirm their sentience."

We all went center stage, lined up next to the MC, Coipel Con. Coipel was a singer in his teen years. He began hosting these contests about three sola-years prior. He read the name of the next contestant to be eliminated, "Fasolt Fon!"

#117320 09/11/03 03:44 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Caan and I stood there, oddly not nervous. This was it! One of us would be Mr. Naltor. I looked down at the audience. Dad was grinning to hold back his sheer stress. Mom was even excited. There was a broadcast break before the big announcement, and several ladies went over to talk to her. I guess she liked all this attention. I noticed her looking at me with some pride, between comments. My brother made silly faces at me. I smiled back. Couldn't join in on the fun, even when on a broadcast break. Lyn had a very sultry air about her that night. When she looked at me, I actually felt nervous, but also alert, alive. Caan was smiling and waving to his family and friends in the audience. A suspicion I'd had was confirmed when I saw a handsome young man next to Caan's sister, blow him a kiss. "That's Mklay." He said with a grin. "We've been together for ages now." I smiled at Caan. "I think you're going to win." I said. He looked at me, without losing the smile, and asked if I'd had a vision. I told him no, but that I just thought he was the best. "Deen Ee Lee, you big Elva-Bird, you need to stop!"

Coipel came back onstage and asked everyone to take their seats. After explaining to the holo-viewing audience that everyone associated with the contest, and all theater audience members, had signed Mum Agreements about the results of the contest, Coipel turned to Caan and I. "The winner of this year's Mr. Naltor Contest is...."

#117321 09/11/03 04:09 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
"...CAAN DON!"
I think Caan actually let out a shriek. An ancient Xerox style crown was placed on his head, and a syth-fur robe over his shoulders. I gave him a quick hug, then he turned to the audience and laughed and smiled and soaked up the cheers and love being cast his way. Dad was clapping and smiling. Mom was too. My brother and Lyn were busy accepting condolences and well wishes from nearby audience members. Caan walked back and forth across the stage as the Mr. Naltor theme music played. I joined all the other contestants, in supportive applause for Caan. I wished to Cassandra for a vision of Caan, to see if we'd keep in touch. Nothing.

When it was over, there was a big party thrown for me in a nearby hotel. Old friends from school were there, new friends were there and several of my clients. Mom and Dad both cried when I made a speech thanking them for their support. This was the closest I'd ever felt to Mom. As it got late, and people began to leave, Lyn nudged me out onto the balcony. She looked beautiful in the moonlight, her hair flew in the breeze. "How does it feel to be a winner?" I looked at her, puzzled. I reminded her that I actually didn't win. I was first runner-up. "Not the contest... me. You won me." I smiled at her and pulled her close. We kissed deeply. I actually felt dizzy from it. A vision came to me. A vision of me, in white, and Lyn, next to me, in white, on our wedding day.

#117322 09/11/03 05:39 AM
Deputy
Deputy
awww bless you Dean, that was very sweet! An enjoyable read, thank you

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,031
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
kidflash2fan
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star