Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 05:00 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:27 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:24 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dean's Legion of Extras Roll Call
#122474 08/24/03 02:50 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
[Linked Image]

I'd actually like to discuss these characters if anyone's interested...

I always liked how Ambassador Jeryl was a super sexy alien lady. There have been amazingly few exotic types like her in Legion comics. I'd always hoped she and Cham would have become more of a couple, but I also like Who's Who's explanation that she withdrew from him after his legal troubles with the Khunds. I also recall a nice rendition of her by Sprouse in the preboot Legionnaires series.

I always thought Uli Algor had great potential as a Legion villain (and hot, too!), and that she'd be a great nemesis for Ultra Boy. She could really focus on how to take him out. Naturally, this would make her a rival for Tinya, too. I like that some Legionnaires have individual enemies.

I don't really care much about Psyche or Quantam Queen. I never read their short lived series. I liked a Lightle cover I saw online, though! Anyone have more to add about them?

LOVE Spider Girl! Glad she actually became a Legionniare in LotR. I thought it was clever, during TMK that she'd been partners with Benn Pares. I really enjoy drawing her. You all know I have a hair thing, though, right? smile

Don't remember Mandalla AT ALL! I think she was in a V3 issue that focused on the Academy.

Esper Lass is a rare evil Titanian. I thought *she* could have become more of a nemesis for Saturn Girl, but I suppose the way things worked out was fine, too. She's got quite the perfect bowl cut, huh?

I vaguely recall Marella Tao. She dated Brin, right? Lightle drew a great picture of her in one of the Who's Who intro pages.

More to come...

Comments on these?

Re: Dean's Legion of Extras Roll Call
#122475 08/24/03 03:05 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Can't wait to show these off! Here's more... [Linked Image]

I don't really understand the whole thing with Saturn Queen. She was in that adult Legion story, but she didn't really appear in canon until TMK? Is that right? Anyone clear on this one?

Nightwind is pretty cute. I like that she was goth before goth was cool. She met a grisly end in TMK, right? (Beheaded?)

Loved Mentalla. Loved Lightle's insights he's shared about her. Sorry she got killed off.

Marte Allon never moved me much. She's probably the most involved Legion parent, but she's just kinda dry. Oh, and she has BAD taste in clothes. Just my O.

I always liked Shvaughn, and have been on record as disliking the whole Profem thing.

I also liked Gigi. She was awfully smiley in Who's Who, so I mirrored that in my depiction.

Rainbow Girl was a one shot applicant/reject. I've recently written/sketched out a solo story with her where she gets mobbed in what equate to the ghetto. Maybe I'll share that as I finish it.

I thought Quicksand was HOT from the get-go! Grell drew her like a total supermodel, and now I only see her as Tyra Banks. (I did a photomanip of Tyra as Quicksand, which I thought worked out pretty well...)

#122476 08/24/03 03:12 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
[Linked Image]

This is a fun page!

Infectious Lass has become a star at this board. I'm a fan!

I didn't realize that Titania loses interest in all things evil when she's not with her fellow Assassin buddies. She's just kinda dim. Hee!

Cal! CAL! mmmm.....

Night Girl. Love Night Girl! Uh, I guess I'm not feeling real wordy right now....

If I may say so, I think my picture of Eyeful Ethyl is pretty good. Kinda funny.

Never read the whole KK series. Don't really know Diamondeth except that she was Val's friend back in the 20th. Anyone have anything to share about her?

Life Lass was supposedly shy and clung to her friends in the Heroes of Lallor. I think she's way cute!

Gas Girl! Another campy favorite! I drew her with a "she who dealt it" face. shocked

#122477 08/24/03 03:19 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
[Linked Image]

Dawn Allen was killed in TMK, right? Can anyone recall more details?

Starlight and Starbright were super-cheesy, but so was that Starfinger. I thought they had potential to be cool, though.

Silver Sword was in the Universo Project storyline. Don't remember much else about her, but she looks cool.

Mystelor was in that group of bad guys in the Action series. Geez, I ALWAYS forget what they were called... Anyway, she isn't really evil. So she took off with Quanto to explore the universe. I think she's VERY beautiful. Like Catherine Zeta Jones beautiful.

I wasn't really paying attention during the Lady Memory story. She was vampy, right?

I'm glad Giffen re-designed Lamprey and Nightwind. Lamprey looks really cool! What happened to her? She didn't die did she?

Laurel Kent.... There were so many beautiful women in the Grell issues, but Laurel Kent just bowled me over!!!! Manhunters bad!

Silver Slasher is just an awesome bad girl. So mean and screwed up! I hope she gets rebooted!

#122478 08/24/03 03:27 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
[Linked Image]

Awwww... Charma.... I felt sorry for her! It wasn't her FAULT!!!! I don't really care for the reboot version, but it's okay...

Don't remember the Queen Azura story very well, but vaguely, I know she just kinda dropped everything. I think she should try again with more FORCE!

Poor An Ryd! A product of her environment. Rimbor's a tough world.

I'm a Comet Queen fan, like, fer sure, ya know, Starshine?

Captain Frake was involved in that dumb Reflecto story, so as far as I'm concerned, she can fade into obscurity. I must say that I hated her outfit. She should have dressed more like Captain Hook, and then get all sexy for Jo. But that's me.

Xera
Yera and
Zera!!

Don't remember Xera of Manna-5. From the Universo story, I think.

I always kinda hoped Yera would be kinda bad. Like an opportunist. All the work Cham and Brande did to instill trust in Durlans all gets blasted apart by her ambitions. Something else else like that. I suppose it's good that she kept her nose clean and stayed with Gim, though.

I only vaguely recall Zera Vultan. I know she was involved with Wildfire. What happened to her?

That's it!!!! Hope you all like these!

#122479 08/24/03 08:35 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by deanlegion:

Don't remember Mandalla AT ALL! I think she was in a V3 issue that focused on the Academy.
Mandalla was seen in v3 Academy shots, but never mentioned by name. Along with the Westerner, all actual info about her was owed to WWitLSH. She seemed like an interesting character, mostly due to her backstory. She was apparently born to an inmate on Takron-Galtos, and the identity of her father was unknown. She had some sort of ability to disorient people, as I recall.

#122480 08/24/03 08:37 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
If I may say so, I think my picture of Eyeful Ethyl is pretty good. Kinda funny.
They're all great, but I thought this one stood out!

#122481 08/24/03 08:38 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Love the Charma, too!

#122482 08/25/03 02:57 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
All superb, again, Dean, and some reminders (evoking a bit of another-era melancholy) about the character grist and variety that the Legion doesn't seem to have any more.

For those who don't know, Steve Lightle based Mentalla on his wife, Tayreza, both in appearance and physical demeanor.

#122483 08/25/03 03:09 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Thanks for commenting EDE and Grey! I probably use my Who's Who issues more than any other Legion comics I own.

#122484 08/25/03 03:12 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Greybird:
All superb, again, Dean, and some reminders (evoking a bit of another-era melancholy) about the character grist and variety that the Legion doesn't seem to have any more.

Actually, I was thinking about going through my reboot issues, and look for bit characters/extras to sketch out in a similar way. There have been some interesting sentients in postboot Legion stories. Perhaps it would help if I did this, to remind us all? smile Thanks again, for the compliment Greybird!

#122485 08/25/03 04:03 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
'Kay... Here are some postboot names you may or may not recall...

President Chu
Winema Wazzo
Spider Girl
Inferno
Caress
Ion
Granny Murlu
Officer Shvaughn Erin
Officer Gigi Cusimano
Officer Sybelle Deacon
Garra Arrah (last name not confirmed)
Josie from Earthgov Spacewatch Post 23, Antarctica
White Triangle Field Marshal Maureen Cain
Lori Morning
Nara Minsork
The Empress
Keema Delf from "INSIDE LOWDOWN"
Insect Queen
Sydne Ardeen
Jancel Ardeen

Obviously many of these are well known, but some are totally obscure. I'm just getting into the Team 20 issues....

#122486 08/25/03 05:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Dean your Silver Slasher is absolutely the best. My favs also include Lady Memory, Night Girl and Quicksand.

I bet you do a real sexy Eye Stalk thingy.

#122487 08/25/03 05:13 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Hey, thanks! I've been doing a bunch of sketches of Quicksand lately, and I'm not happy with any of them. frown

I was quite pleased with my Night Girl sketch, too. I like that Lydda.

I appreciate the feedback. It keeps me goin....
eek

#122488 08/25/03 06:28 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My faves Mandalla and Laurel Kent!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#122489 08/25/03 09:39 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
So hard to choose...

I think my favourites are Life Lass, Mystelor, and Laurel Kent.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#122490 08/26/03 02:13 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by icefire:
My faves Mandalla and Laurel Kent!!!!
Thanks! I gotta look up the issue that featured Mandalla....

#122491 08/26/03 02:14 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Arachne:
So hard to choose...

I think my favourites are Life Lass, Mystelor, and Laurel Kent.
All raven-haired beauties....

Thanks!
PhantomGirl

#122492 08/26/03 02:35 AM
Applicant
Applicant
I just registered and the first thing i see is some great art, thanx deanlegion.
I look forward to seeing some more great art from fellow Legion Fans. smile laugh

#122493 08/26/03 03:22 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Wow, thanks Colour Kid! Appreciate that a lot! Welcome, and have some fun!

#122494 08/26/03 03:59 PM
Deputy
Deputy
The Charma is my fave... but the rest are sooo good too! An excellent range of expression and detail. cool

Wayne@OZ
#122495 08/26/03 08:18 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
All raven-haired beauties....
lol I didn't notice that. You'd think I'd prefer blondes. After all, I was one most of my life. I don't draw blondes as often, either...

And welcome to the board, Colour Kid!

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#122496 08/27/03 03:35 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Star Boy:
The Charma is my fave... but the rest are sooo good too! An excellent range of expression and detail. cool
Thanks, Star Boy! Do you agree with me that it wasn't Charma's fault that she was so misunderstood? She was a mutant, kinda cursed with an ability she didn't know how to control, so she took the easy way to deal with it. I think if she was sent to Titan or something, she'd have been much more understood, and able to work with the abilities she was *blessed* with.

#122497 09/01/03 07:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well I couldn't make up my mind which was my favorite so I made all of them into Avatars for everyone to enjoy. Thanks to Icefire for requesting Laurel and giving me the reason to convert them all over.

#122498 09/01/03 08:04 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Star Boy:
[b] The Charma is my fave... but the rest are sooo good too! An excellent range of expression and detail. cool
Thanks, Star Boy! Do you agree with me that it wasn't Charma's fault that she was so misunderstood? She was a mutant, kinda cursed with an ability she didn't know how to control, so she took the easy way to deal with it. I think if she was sent to Titan or something, she'd have been much more understood, and able to work with the abilities she was *blessed* with. [/b]
As a shameless Post-Boot jumper-onner (heh), all I've got to go on is the single episode of LSH that featured the post-boot Jacques and Charma. However, I'd hate to see her as 'just another Saturn Girl'; I think the idea of a bad girl telepath is a good one... Kinda like Nara Minsork (post-boot again).

Wayne@OZ
#122499 09/03/03 10:08 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Preboot Charma was WAY different from postboot!

#122500 09/03/03 11:25 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Say, Dean, any chance of seeing either Monica Sade (not sure if the name is correct, the woman during TMK fought Bounty (Dawnstar)?? the one with teleporting power?) OR all Kinteix transformation? (normal with red costume, kitty cat, tall zombie, back to normal, Science police uniform, and lastly terraform) think it'll be a challenge? laugh

#122501 09/03/03 11:48 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Well I couldn't make up my mind which was my favorite so I made all of them into Avatars for everyone to enjoy. Thanks to Icefire for requesting Laurel and giving me the reason to convert them all over.
I'm amazed and flattered that you'd make my drawings into these avatars. They're terrific! Thank you very much, Scott. I'm glad others are enjoying them! I also noticed several other avatars, including various photographs. Great work.

#122502 09/03/03 11:52 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Say, Dean, any chance of seeing either Monica Sade (not sure if the name is correct, the woman during TMK fought Bounty (Dawnstar)?? the one with teleporting power?) OR all Kinteix transformation? (normal with red costume, kitty cat, tall zombie, back to normal, Science police uniform, and lastly terraform) think it'll be a challenge? laugh
At one point, I did a "Women of TMK" sketch series, which I either posted at LSH-Pics, or totally forgot to scan...can't remember now. I'm pretty sure Sade was in there. Actually, I don't think I ever shared them, because I'm pretty sure I've never posted a picture of Bounty. Anyway, I'm thinking about creating a "Dean's Sketchpad" thread here in the "Bits" area. It'll be a place where I can post such sketches.

As for Kinetix, I had planned on doing an animation of her in her various incarnations, but just never got it done.

Your requests have got me going though.....

Hang in there....

wink

#122503 09/03/03 06:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
animation on Kinetix!?!? That would be COOL!!! I would love to see that! I am sure many others will too.

#122504 09/16/03 06:35 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I love my avatar!! Thank you!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,104
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
CreativityKid
CreativityKid
Pawtucket, RI
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star