Roll Call
0 members (), 40 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:38 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:28 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Maybe not quite as exciting as MLLASH's ongoing serial, but do give these a thought
#126937 07/17/05 07:10 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Hi, Legion Worlders!!

I dont know how convoluted it would be but, just for fun i would like to pose a few intriguing possible scenarios using elements from the pre-Crisis Legion adventures:

1. Janice Warren (Action 383) and Princess Elwinda of Nadir (from Adventure 376) did more than have a passing resemblance to each other - they were seperated at birth by the same beings who possessed Command Kid (Adventure 328). Janice is the true heir to Artros throne, while Elwinda was corrupted into joining the dark side which has a base on Tartarus (home of Prince Evillo - Adventure 350-351). Elwinda attempts to retrieve Chameleon Boy to seduce him into marrying her and pave the way for the Preztor demons into conquering the universe.

2. The third self of Luornu Durgo was not vaporized by Computo (Adventure 340-341) but merely teleported to the Dream Demon's dimension, her essence was then substituted for Computo's and it was she who was integrated into the globe Brainiac 5 created in LSH 310. Computo (or rather the atomic fallout seemingly destroyed by the anti-matter force thing (ADV 341) then takes over the mind of one of the other Luornus. It is this Luornu who is the Ikrosian mercenary Nam-Lor's partner in and in love. Luornu/Computo then subliminally causes Brainiac 5's nervous breakdown (caused when he scanned her in S/LSH 200). To make matters worse, Nam-lor returns years later with proof that Luornu II and he got married on Ikros, making the Taine-Durgo nuptials invalid!!!!

3. Superboy and Insect Queen (Lana Lang) are drawn into the saga of the recreation of Omega, along with Tyroc as Matter-Eater Lad's ingestion of the Miracle Machine makes him a key to make everyone believe that Brainy has gone nuts again. It is part of the master plan of Computo/Luornu (actually the second scenario could be combined to make a maxi-epic involving just about all of the membership) to use the Miracle Machine to create havoc in the universe). It is at the conclusion of the storyline that one of the Luornus dies. This time for real.

4. Phantom Girl and Ultra Boy are captured by Captain Frake who, with the aid of the Buffer/Phantom Zone villains Zod, Faora Hu-ul and Jax-Ur, turn Jo into Seeker again and Phantom Girl is trapped in the zone without any way to send for assistance.

5. Dream Girl learns that her real mother is actually the Naltorian goddess Cassandra and her father is Starfinger - which helps to explain her star-shaped birthmark and her bonding with Star Boy.

6. The White Witch, on the other hand, discovers that her real father is the villainous Mordru whom Kiwa Nal had been misled into falling in love with.

It was an aspiration of mine to become a writer/artist for the Legion (my inspiration being Jim Shooter). Let me know if i could have made it - even if most of the events i describe would have been retconned anway.

Re: Maybe not quite as exciting as MLLASH's ongoing serial, but do give these a thought
#126938 07/19/05 09:30 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I've been meaning to comment on this. I really think the Janice/Elwinda connection is particularly in need of more explanation (though I actually like Elwinda far more than Janice, so I'd rather her not turn out to be evil).

Re: Maybe not quite as exciting as MLLASH's ongoing serial, but do give these a thought
#126939 07/20/05 02:47 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Tis a pity that nothing more was done with the "connection", that is why i suggested it in the first place...

#126940 07/22/05 04:48 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I think #4 would make a fun and interesting story. #2 and #3 sound like they'd be fun, but a bit confusing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,961
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Nick Vinson
Nick Vinson
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star