Roll Call
0 members (), 60 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Politics of Dancing...
#128920 09/06/03 09:28 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Note: This story takes place after Mysterious Ways and Bolt Out of the Blue, which can be found below...

Nura arose early. She had a big day today! Election Day had finally come. She left Thom to his dreams...

As she wandered down the halls, she encountered Zoe Saugin, the newest Legionnaire, Kinetix. Her obvious attraction to Ultra Boy had not gone unnoticed by Nura, but maybe she could use that. She approached the girl confidently.

"Kinetix, I think it's time you and I had a talk."

"Sure Dream Girl. What's up?"

"First, you can call me Nura, dear."

"Ok, Nura."

"Good, now that that's clear. Why don't you tell me about your crush on Ultra Boy?"

"My what? How did you know?"

"Silly, I can see the future. I know exactly how this will turn out for you."

"Really? Does Jo, I mean... Does Ultra Boy, ever find out?"

"Zoe, I don't get involved in personal issues. But I can tell you this. When I am elected leader, I will be able to send Tinya, you know, his GIRLFRIEND, on any mission I want. You know that sometimes, Legion missions can take weeks, even months?"

"Wow? And if Tinya were away..."

"Yes dear, I'll let you ponder those possibilities. In the meantime, I need to get to the Monitor room. Be seeing you."

"Bye Nura! And thanks!"

"For what? I haven't done anything yet. I'm not Legion Leader."

"But you will be! I'll vote for you myself!"

"Really? Why thank you, dear!"

Nura smiled as she walked away.

Thom dreamed of bright lights and beautiful music. The white haired beauty by his side held him close. She leaned in to kiss him as dinner arrived. The music seemed to get louder, the lights brighter. How he loved this woman! She was everything to him. She was perfect!

The monitor room as empty except for Tinya. She was watching the monitors so intently that she barely noticed as Nura entered.

"Tinya, how good to see you!"

"Nura..."

"Is something wrong, dear?"

"No! I mean, it's nothing."

"This wouldn't have anything to do with that big brown haired stud of yours, would it?"

"Yes! I mean, no... I'm just being silly."

"What is it, Tinya? You know, I really wish we were closer. You know, like you and Tasmia. I'd love to help."

"That new girl..."

"Zoe? Ahhh, I've noticed it too. SHe's got a crush on your man."

"You've noticed it? Or you've seen it in a dream?"

"Does it really matter? You need to keep a close eye on that one, Tinya."

"I thought I was imagining things. She's always going to him for help, she's always around. And he seems to be taken with her, at least a little."

"Tinya, don't worry your pretty head off about HER. Jo loves you, and he always will! Just like Thom and me, you two will ALWAYS be together."

"How is he, anyway? Getting his old powers back must take some getting used to."

"He seems to be sleeping alot. But the doctor's say that's how his body is adjusting to the changes. Soon, he'll be able to return to duty and take his place right next to Jo and Mon as an equal. I'm sure we'll be seeing alot more of each other."

"Who?"

"Why the six of us: Mon, Tasmia, Jo, Thom, you and me. I'm sure that any mission that calls for the heavy hitters, will include us. And keep Jo far away from that red-headed trollup!"

Tinya giggled, "You know, Nura. I've always misjudged you. You always seemed like an airhead to me. But you really are very smart! It will be fun going on missions together more often!"

"yes, it will. Now if you'll excuse, me. I need to see Brainy in the lab. I want to see if he will release Thom to go out dancing tonight."

"That sounds like fun! Maybe JO and I will tag along too, and I'll ask Tasmia..."

"That's a great idea! I'll let you know what Brainy says."

With that, Nura walked away, rolling her eyes.

In his dreams, Thom and Nura were flying on a deserted planet. Only the two of them were there. Nura smiled that beautiful smile of hers, and Thom's heart melted. Again. Every damn time. There was nothing she couldn't do if she set her mind to it...

Touch the magic...
Re: The Politics of Dancing...
#128921 09/06/03 11:29 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
A machiavellian Nura! Now there's a woman who should be the new Universo! Interestin take on her - she was a bit of a campaigner in one of the pre-boot elections, though.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#128922 09/06/03 03:40 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thanks FC!

More to come soon...

Touch the magic...
#128923 09/07/03 06:47 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Part 2 this Saturday...

Touch the magic...
#128924 09/08/03 05:20 AM
Deputy
Deputy
BOOO! I'll have to wait until Monday then as my 'puter at home has died on me and I can only log in here at lunchtimes at work! How inconvenient!!!
frown

That aside I'm enjoying your interpretation of Nura Danny. laugh laugh laugh

#128925 09/08/03 06:49 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
A great start to what feels like another great story, Danny! Keep em coming!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#128926 09/08/03 06:50 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
A machiavellian Nura! Now there's a woman who should be the new Universo!
FC, funny you should say that. I've been working on my own little epic which incudes not only Universo but Time Trapper also. Only in my story, it's the Time Trapper who is the Naltorian. I've always felt that someone who can see the future would naturally be predisposed to want to control it.

When I get enough of my story mapped out, I'll post it here for you all to read.

#128927 09/08/03 06:54 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Great Story Danny!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#128928 09/09/03 06:21 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I've just read Bolt and this in one go and love your style Danny. Nicely written characters, good prose, what more could a reader ask for?

(next weeks lotto numbers? wink )

Like everyone else here I can't wait for the next installment.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#128929 09/09/03 05:36 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
As Nura entered the lab, she could see that Querl Dox, Brainiac 5 was experimenting again.

"Sprocking Chronal-Transmitter!" He spat.

"Is this a bad time?" Nura asked in her most earnest voice.

"What? There is never a good time. But I suppose I don't have a choice. What can I do for you, Dream Girl?"

"Querl, please. After all this time, you know that you can call me NUra." She picked up a small, glowing piece of machinery. "You know, I think that will work," she said, pointing to the so-called Chronal Transmitter, if you move the Varalent Tube three degrees."

"But..." Querl Dox looked at the machinery and then looked at Nura. He fiddled with something and the Transmitter lit up! "Sprock!"

"You know, if you weren't saddled with outdated equipment, you might be able to accomplish something in here."

"Element Lad cut my budget."

"I see...," she said demurely. "I would NEVER do that. Anyway," Nura changed gears, "I came in here to see if Thom and I can go dancing tonight. Do you think he's well enough?"

"Yes, Yes."

"Great," she said as she walked out. "By the way, Querl, what does this Chronal Transmitter do?"

"Recently, I have noticed something disturbing in the time stream. I am trying to track the disturbance."

"Really? Anything the Legion needs to get involved in?"

"Not yet..."

"OK, I'm leaving. If you need anything, let me know."

"I will and Nura?"

"Yes?"

"Would you really increase my funding if you were leader?"

"Of course, silly. After all, it's possible that you discovering this time disturbance will save us all."

Nura left the lab. "Mission accomplished," she thought to herself, wondering if this time disturbance would be her first concern when she was elected.

Thom woke up calling Nura's name. He looked around to see that his lover was nowhere to be found. Quickly, he donned his familiar starfield uniform and left. He felt great! Now all he had to do was find that woman of his...

First, he encountered Kinetix, sitting in the main lobby.

"Hi, Zoey!" Thom said brightly.

"Thom, you're looking good! Very good!"

"Thanks, have you seen Nura around?"

"yeah, she was here earlier. We had a long talk..."

"really, what about?"

Zoe's face reddened as she answered. "Men."

"Oh." Thom answered. "Maybe I don't want to know anymore."

"Thom, is it true that sometimes, Legion missions can take weeks or even months?"

"Well, yeah. But why do you ask?"

"Just wondering. Hey, have you voted yet?"

"Voted?"

"For the new Legion Leader. Chameleon, Element Lad and Nura are all on the ballot?"

Thom's world sank. Not again...

Touch the magic...
#128930 09/09/03 05:57 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I love it! This one is going to be even better than the others!

And my first ever mention in a piece of literature, how bout that!

InvisibleKid cool tongue

#128931 09/10/03 06:56 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thom walked into the Monitor Room, not feeling particularly friendly when Phantom Girl rushed up and hugged him.

"Tinya?"

"Thom, your ok! Nura said that you were getting better. She was right as usual..."

"Um," Thom wondered if he was still dreaming. Tinya being nice to him? Complimenting Nura? This had to be a dream. Thom was suddenly very happy, this meant that Nura wasn't running for Legion Leader after all! He thought he might as well go on with the dream. "What brought all this on?"

"All of what?"

"Umm..., you don't like me."

"Silly, we may have had our differences, but now that you have your powers pack, Nura and I figure we'll all be spending time together."

"all?"

"Tasmia, Mon, Jo, me, you and Nura of course! Nura even suggested we all go dancing tonight!"

"Did she?"

"Yep! And I just talked to Tasmia, she and Lar would love to go with us!"

"Great, well, I've gott a run.'

"see you tonight!"

Thom walked away, rolling his eyes...

Nura took a tour of the Legion Academy. As expected, Wildfire was there, as always, helping to train the Academy mebers into being good little Legionnaires. For some, it would be a reality, for others, a hopeless fantasy. As Nura watched Laurel Kent evade Wildfire's, they noticed she was there and Wildfire halted the exercise.

"Dreamy, what brings you here? Slumming?"

"No, Drake. Just looking at the future of the Legion!" She smiled brightly. Several of the Academy members smiled back. Others, most notably Laurel, just stared at her.

"So anyway. I'm hoping to have a Legion try-out just for Academy members. SO many times, we elect members on the run, and these guys here, just sit and wait..."

"I agree," Nura said.

"OH come on!" Laurel yelled. "YOu haven't set foot here willingly for as long as I can remember!"

"Laurel, don't you think it's time you got a code name. All the Legionnaires have one. How about Andromeda?"

Touch the magic...
#128932 09/10/03 06:59 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
You have Laurel I love it be nice to her!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#128933 09/10/03 07:11 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I'm nice to everyone...

Touch the magic...
#128934 09/11/03 10:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Andromeda? *snickers* why not call her "Tiger Lily"? laugh Anyway, keep them coming!! I am curious what will happen when Dreamer wins the election. smile

#128935 09/12/03 04:40 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
"Nura, I know what you are doing and you must stop at one, before it's too late!"

"What are you talking about, Jeckie?"

"You know exactly what I am referring to. This manipulation of the others to get yourself elected leader of the Legion. Stop it, before it's too late."

"Manipulating? I thought I was campaigning."

"Nura, you don't fool me. I can see through ANY illusion, remember? Why don't you tell me why you are going to such lengths."

"I had a vision..."

"Of what?"

"I - it doesn't matter, okay?" Nura was in tears. "If I am leader, I can stop this from happening."

"Stop what?"

"I saw Thom going on a mission with several other Legionnaires. He's shot by some kind of energy beam and he distintigrates in front of me! I can't, I won't, allow that to happen."

"So you think that as leader you can stop it?"

"Yes, I know exactly who was on that mission. As leader, I can decide who goes and who doesn't. I can keep Thom from dying."

"But NUra, even if this succeeds. Won't another Legionnaire have to take his place on that mission?"

"Yes, and as leader I'll decide who."

"You can't send another Legionnaire to their death! Nura, I won't allow it!"

"Jeckie, I can replace Thom with myself..."

"Oh."

"I will die in Thom's place!"

"OH Nura, please don't do this. Things aren't always as they seem."

"But my visions are NEVER wrong, Jeckie. And I love Thom too much to see him die. You've got to keep my secret, Jeckie. I'm begging you!"

Sensor Girl merely stared at her friend. Her love for Thom rivaled that of her's for Val. Wouldn't she have gladly traded places with him? How can she keep Nura from doing the same thing that she, Projectra of Orando, was denied?

"I'll keep your secret, Nura. But I don't like it."

"Believe me, neither do I. I just pray that whatever this mission is, it starts after I get elected leader. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have more campaigning to do..."

Touch the magic...
#128936 09/12/03 10:27 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Element Lad looked at the Mission Monitor Board. He couldn't believe this was happening. Not again. Why would she run for Leader again?

The final votes were coming in now. But Jan knew that we was not going to win this time. He also knew that there was no way in hell he would serve as Deputy under Nura Nal. No, Chameleon Boy would have to be the next deputy leader.

He was interrupted fom his thoughts be the arrival of Star Boy.

"I see your girlfriend is winning... again."

"I know."

"Thom, not to say bad things about your girlfriend, but why is she running again?"

"I don't know. I thought that we would have more time together now. But I guess Nura couldn't just leave well enough alone."

"It's not that I think she's a bad leader, Thom. I just question her motives."

"Jan, I'm not offended. I really don't know why Nura does half the things she does. Maybe that's one of the reasons I love her so much."

"You definately have your hands full with that one!"

"Tell me about it. She didn't even tell me she was running. I'm sure she will say that she didn't want to worry me and ruin my recovery."

"How are you feeling, anyway?"

"Never better!"

"That's the best thing I've heard all day. Hey, do you wanna go out for some Silverale tonight?"

"Can't. Nura told Tinya that we would go out dancing tonight! Why don't you bring Shvaughn along?"

"I don't think so. I'm not much of a dancer. Or a politician either, apparently."

"Jan, if it makes you feel any better, I voted for you."

"But did you do it because you thought I was the best person for the job, or because you don't have Nura to be leader?"

"Both."

The monitor board beeped indicating that all votes had come in. The new Legion Leader had been elected!

Touch the magic...
#128937 09/12/03 11:12 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Next chapter, hopefully tomorrow...

Touch the magic...
#128938 09/13/03 09:40 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
As the Election Results came in, the Legionnaires who were scattered by and large throughout the galaxy, paused to get the results before resuming their tasks at hand.

Cosmic Boy was enjoying a nice lunch with his lover, Lydda. He wondered what her election would mean for the Legion this time. The last time she was leader, the Team faced their greatest challenge, Darkseid...

Phantom Girl was admiring a new dress to wear out dancing when she heard the news. Shadow Lass was sitting with her getting her hair done. They smiled at each other as they were both happy that their new friend had been voted in.

Chameleon Boy sighed. He had never run for Leader before and didn't know what to expect. He was elected Deputy this time, which might be easier if the time comes for the Espionage Squad to return.

Invisible Kid was at the Legion Academy with Wildfire. He was training with several of the students when Drake interrupted to let them know the news. Invisible Kid was surprised when many of them cheered. Even Laurel Kent cracked a small smile. Drake himself even cheered a bit. What was it about Dream Girl, Invisible kid wondered, that made her so popular?

The White Witch and Blok were taking a stroll through Metropolis Park. White Witch had created a small spell to grow flowers on the site of Sun Boy's tragic murder. When they heard the news, Mysa wanted to return to Headquarters immediately to congratulate her sister.

Projectra sat in her room amidst in the darkness, with only a single candle illuminating her. She feared for Nura, that she would not be able to prevent Thom's death, even now. Nura's visions were never incorrect. She sighed and continued meditating.

Star Boy and Element Lad stared at the monitor screen in disbelief. It had happened, again. Chameleon Boy and Element Lad had tied for deputy, but Element Lad turned it down, not wanting to work under Nura... again. Thom simply sighed and punched the view screen hard, pulverizing it.

Nura sat alone in her quarters. She cried. She knew that if her prediction was true, Thom was fated to die. If somehow she managed to take his place, then she herself would die. Soon everything was going to change. She didn't need her powers to tell her that.

Somewhere else, the purple robed woman laughed. It was so easy to manipulate legionnaires. YOu just dangle their heart's desire or their weakest fear in front of them, and they become as malleable as putty. And that exactly what they had always been, putty in her hands.

Dream girl, Lightning Lad, even Star Boy and Projectra. They would ALL have a role to play in the coming months. They would ALL be her servants, or they would die!

She removed the hood of her robe, revealing her cascading golden-white locks...

She was Glorith! And soon... the Legionnaires and the entire universe even would belong to her!

The end...

Touch the magic...
#128939 09/13/03 10:12 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Well done Danny, another great bit of your Dannyverse Legions adventures.

#128940 09/15/03 04:20 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
bump

Touch the magic...
#128941 10/25/03 02:26 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
This is the third part of the Dannyverse story

Touch the magic...
#128942 01/04/04 07:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Nura sure came off like a royal cuntessa there in the beginning. I'm glad her motives were pure...

Still love your handling of Projectra! And Zoe too.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,964
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SoM
SoM
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star