Roll Call
1 members (stile86), 10 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:39 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:33 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 04/30/24 06:24 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:20 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:12 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 04/30/24 04:35 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/30/24 04:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added BOUNCING BETTY 30 April*
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/30/24 12:16 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
If wishes were wings ... (also: Elfwood page)
#129910 07/08/03 02:54 AM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
If you'd like to try a somewhat-fanfic story that's a sizable dose of wish fulfillment, and far more revealing of Greybird's inner life than he would like to admit, take a look at this one .

Two Legion fans find that a dream of theirs has come true. Someday I may write more stories about them, beyond one vignette already on "paper."

Dean Lee, a.k.a. Sketch Lad, made an illustration for this story even before I could ask for it ... and I have to admit, it's my favorite piece of fan art. (A larger version is here .) Especially from its being created by a talented artist I admire and respect who, in turn, has admired my writing.

You'll forgive me, I hope, but that personal connection gives anyone a bit of a thrill!

[Linked Image]

Re: If wishes were wings ... (also: Elfwood page)
#129911 07/30/03 02:00 PM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
As well as bumping this from the second page of the section ... I hope somebody finds it interesting to read ... I wanted to note a bit of personal news:

I now have a "library shelf" at Wyvern's Library, a section for writers at Elfwood , the mega-art-and-writing volunteer Website based in Sweden. It has the galleries of nearly 16,000 fantasy and SF artists and the shelves of 4,000 writers, mostly amateurs, but many pros as well.

After having applied and been accepted, I now look around me more closely to see that I'm one of the "ancients," almost, being 40something, as most are from mid-teens to mid-twenties. Yet as I note in my bio (complete with bearded mug shot if you're curious), it helps keep me feeling young to be there. The cascades of winged art, often dozens of such works a day, help keep a pteraphile like me around, as well {g}

The story linked above, "A Gift on Awakening," is posted there in a form that removes the few Legion allusions (Elfwood doesn't allow fan fiction), but it does include Dean Lee's illustration. As well as the follow-up piece, now to be the first chapter in a longer work I've begun to outline, "A Fine Feathered Folly."

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,030
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
kidflash2fan
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
numberonelegionfan
numberonelegionfan
London, Ontario, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star