Continuity, shmontinuity. For the purposes of fanfic I make little distinction between LW Legionnaires and comic book Legionnaires. I also pay the barest attention to boots, preboots, reboots or re-imaginings. If it interferes with telling a space-rocking story then I just don't give a hoot.

Chief Zendak stared angrily at Cosmic Boy while Cosmic Boy stared at the vid-screen.

"Impossible!" cried the former Legion leader. "I know these legionnaires and there's NO way they'd ever betray the UP."

"It's right there in front of you young man. Yellow Kid and his former associates have taken bribe money and turned on their allies."

The vid-screen showed YK and his former gang in a dark room apparently making an exchange of some kind with one of the sorceress queens of the Avalonian royalty.

"What is that?" said Cos.

"The Red Mist." said Zendak. "We believe that somehow the Primary Color Gang secured a sample of the weapon Glorith used against Orando and sold it to the enemy on Avalon."

"I don't believe it" said Cosmic Boy. ""Keep this under wraps for a day or two and we'll find oout the truth, Chief."

"I can't do that youngster. This is too big a security matter to let it go." The SP chief stared directly at Cosmic Boy and said, "I'm afraid I have to order you to stand down on this one."

"No Chief. We're legion and they're LMBP. This is an internal matter."

"I'll say it again. This is a Science Police matter. The Legion is now officially under orders NOT to interfere. You have absolutely no choice in this matter. I'm sorry son. This comes down directly from President Wazzo. It's out of my hands."

Fuming, Rokk stormed out of SciPol headquarters to deliver the news to the Legionnaires. From this moment on the Primary Color Gang were to be considered renegade Legionaires.

In route to Earth from the planet Avalon the PCG recieved the message just as every other Legion cruiser did. They were outlaws again.

"What the F...? said Big Blue.

"Hang on." said Yellow Kid. He immediately sent a coded mesage to Legion headquarters through a set of relays that were designed long ago to bounce comm signals and mask their true location from law enforcement officials. The group's (ahem) colorful past once again came in handy in an emergencty situation.

The battered and bruised members of the PCG were gathered in the ship's control room.

"I don't get it." said the Gay Green Giant. We just beat the tar out of the invaders and almost got our butts sliced into pieces by those nasty bi...um..witches and they have the nerve to call US outlaws again?"

Red Rage stared at the stars, "So this is the thanks we get for risking everything for the Legion and the UP?" He absent mindedly crushed the metal frame of the pilot's chair in his hand betraying the tension and anger lying just under his outward calm.

YK stepped back into the control room, "It's true. We've been declared traitors by the UP. Someone somehow recorded the transaction with Morgause and the Sci Pols are convinced we sold them a bio-weapon."

"What?" said 3G.
"Th'hell?" asked Big Blue Mean Mutha.
"Idiots!" shouted Red Rage.

"Hey!" shouted the Yellow Kid. "it ain't over 'til the Gay Green Giant sings...and Bob hates to sing."

3G looked at YK with one of those withering stares he was so good at. "Bitch." he said.

This brought grudging chuckles from the other two.

"Ok here's the plan. We need some hard evidence that the deal with Morgause had nothing to do with weapons and everything to do with their infrastructure. Avalon was neutralized the old fashioned way, first stomp their butts on the battleground then buy their cooperation with enough cash to kick start their industry."

"How? Avalon's disappeared from normal space, there's no way to conmtact them except at the scheduled rendezvous times and their next scheduled appearance won't be for six or seven more issues." said BBMM.

Yellow smiled for the first time, "I have their Stargate coordinates right here" he tapped his shiny bald head with an index finger. "Unfortunately we have to navigate our way through densely populated space and hide from the SPs while we do it."

Red Rage perked up, "I'm down. We'll fight our way through. It'll be just like the old days.
Hellsyeah! The Primary Color Gang rides again!"

"No. Not like that Red. Those days are long behind us. We're on the side of the Angels now my friend. We need another tactic."

"Hmmph."

The group turned toward Gay Green.

"I have everything we need right here in my kit." said tripleG. "Yellow, a wig and pants and a new name ought to do tthe trick for you."

"Blue...if we can avoid copyright infringement I think you'll look splendid in green."

"'Red...hmmm...those wings might be a bit of a problem but I think that some careful airbrush work could make you look a lot like a Starhavenite."

"Brilliant, Bob!" said YK.

Hours later four entirely different looking people gathered on the bridge of the small cruiser.

"Roll call"
Amber Man
Emerald Queen
Crimson Dawn
The Hunk

"Dammit. Didn't I tell you to watch out for that copyright stuff?"

"Yeah, yeah. Hey at least I'm not wearing purple pants, ok?"

"Oh...allright. If we get sued though I'll personally hand you over to Joe Quesada and wash my hands of the whole thing. Got it?"

On Earth the Legion was preparing to defy the President's orders and launch their own search for their outlawed subgroup. The Legion takes care of it's own. Always.