Roll Call
0 members (), 17 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/27/24 08:18 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/27/24 08:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/27/24 08:13 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Can someone bring me up to speed?
#135664 02/15/04 02:42 AM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Howdy!

If you checked out the Monitor Board, you already know that I'm back from the Phantom Zone! (and if you've never met me: Lardy...LW, LW...Lardy)

Anyhoo, I was hoping that y'all could give me the Cliff's notes version of what's been going on with the LMBPfanfic-verse. Cobalt had an excellent summary of the whole Dark Stu thang in the "Continuity" thread. Anything else major (or minor) happen? Where is the "Ongoing" thread at now storywise and where has it been, broadly, since early November? Your help would be appreciated!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Re: Can someone bring me up to speed?
#135665 02/15/04 03:04 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Better hope Cobie gets here today to summarize it! The tag-team is the most character-laden, action-packed, time-hopping thread here.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#135666 02/15/04 03:09 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
To summarize: The LMB came, the LMB saw, the LMB kicked nass!

At least, that's what I assume happened/happens....

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#135667 02/15/04 03:44 AM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
No heart attacks, guys! I just want to know in very BROAD terms what's happened on the LMBP Ongoing thread! A blow-by-blow summary would probably take about 10 pages in itself!

And maybe a little more detail about stuff that's happened elsewhere (like did the Dev-Em thread ever end? And did Dev himself ever come back to contribute?).

That's all I want--honest!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#135668 02/15/04 06:49 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
I'm pretty darn lost myself on the ongoing thread. Wasn't I missing at one point? And weren't Teeds and Lucy trying to find out the secret of the true connection between me and Lardy and the One Called the One?

Did that stuff ever get resolved?

#135669 02/15/04 08:09 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Bringing someone who has not been reading the "Ongoing" thread regularly up to speed is a monumental task, but thankfully it can be done. I called Eddie Tor and he informed me that the Staff of "Ongoing LMBP Adventures Magazine" will be holding a review meeting later today. That meeting will focus on the current state of the various story lines and any old dangling plot lines. Look for it to be posted in Ongoing later today.

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#135670 02/15/04 08:51 AM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
A blow-by-blow summary
[puerile snickering]

#135671 02/15/04 02:07 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Here we go, although believe me, I'll miss a bit:

The Return of Dev-Em: Lardy, holy shit, you need to read this! It never finished, and Dev never came back to help bring it to a conclusion. Lucien, Shark Lad and I were the main writers for a time, until Lucien and I started getting burned out when we were the only two. By the end of it, you, EDE, Lucien, Sharky, and Space Tart were all evil, controlled by another secret evil LMBer.

However, Space Tart turned out to not be her (she's dead), and we were able to make all of you good again, except Lucien (although EDE was never really bad). The main enemy turned out to be none other than... BEAGLE BOY! Except, then it turned out to be... PIDDLIN' PUP! However, it never really finished, although it could use an ending...

There is more to it though!

SPECIAL NOTE AND CALL TO ALL LMBERS: please do not use Space Tart in any Fanfics. I have huge, huge, huge plans for her, and would really like it if I could follow through with them before someone brings her back in one panel. I've tried to keep it a secret for some time now, but I figure an out right plea to everyone would be good smile

#135672 02/15/04 02:13 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
For the Ongoing:

Well, this is beyond confusing. So far, we've had major battles with Whoredru, Climactus, Illyiana Highlander, Turns you Into a country Fred, Lucifer Lass, Madrox the Muliple Durlan, and so many more.

I wrote a Time Mouse Trapper story with his army of super-powerful Giant Ants (a la Great Darkness) that showed his origin: he's secretly Lash from another universe where he kept his retcon powers! In the end, he loses them and is stuck at the end of time. Also, Kid Prime and the Light Brigade have a heroic charge of the Light Brigade.

Numf-El has written two of the funniest LMB arcs so far.

IB, Abin and I have been writing stories about the LMB at the strip club, being chases by truant officers, in chains by Grimbor the Chainsman, etc.

Space Ranger has a very good story going on that takes place in the past, with Stu and Nightcrawler.

BUT BASICALLY, HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING: I've decided that the Ongoing has become even too confusing for me, and I have more posts in it than most! I'm not abandoning it, but I think it's time to create a new Ongoing tag thread to run, for these two reasons:

1) I don't know what's happeing
2) I really, really, really want more people to contribute to the tag threads. I want Lardy, EDE, FC, Vee, Stu, Kid Prime and EVERYONE to start throwing posts in! That includes you as well, Lash!!!

So, it occured to me that if I start a new tag, then maybe everyone will post, with them being able to be there from the ground up.

The Ongoing can continue, since I really want to see IB, Abin, Space Ranger and Numf-El's stories continue! And I'll post in there too! But thirty pages is too intimidating for people I think, so a new one is in order!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,967
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
antacidlass
antacidlass
wherever acid reflux lurks
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star