Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:27 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:24 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Titans West Dream Team
#138949 04/05/10 08:55 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
An idea, a concept I've been playing around with for a few days.

A new Titans West, a splinter team operating out of Arizona. They aren't called Teen Titans West because that way, it also allows older, former Titans to join again.

Some have been Titans before, some have been on other teams, some are still on other teams, and some have never been on a team before.

ROSTER
*Arsenal: Roy Harper - Leader.
*Black Orchid III: Suzy Black. Despite her appearance, she's pretty much a pre-teen. Part trickster, part plant woman, full time innocent. She is the last living Orchid.
*Dove III: Wiley Wolverman of the third Hawk & Dove team. Slacker dude with wings who shares a psychic connection with Hawk II.
*Ebony Dent: My DC comics OC. When they don't need her on the field, she pretty much looks after Roy's, Raquel's, and Miriam's children, as well as her own daughter. If their kids aren't safe with her, no one's is.
*Flashback: Sara Quinones of the Blood Syndicate. Brought on not only as a courtesy of Rocket, but having a hero who can turn back time is pretty handy. Roy's attempt at reaching out to another addict.
*Fringe: Of Jurgens' Titans team. The hulking alien brute who bonded with a psychic entity and is looked after by Prysm.
*Golden Age Kid Flash: The clone of Jay Garrick who appeared in Outsiders. He's de-aged to a teenager. Inspired by the Sins of Youth crossover.
*Hawk II: Sasha Martens of the third Hawk & Dove team. Military brat with wings, she has a psychic connection with Dove.
*Minion: Jarras Minion from Arsenal's first attempt at leading the Titans. Jarras is the support/info guy, their Oracle.
*Mirage: Miriam Delgado of Team Titans. Miriam's been on both the Team Titans, Arsenal's Titans, and the OYL Titans. She brings her daughter Julienne to live at the base.
*Offspring: Luke O'Brien, the stretchy son of Plastic Man. He's trying not to be typecast as the shape-changing comedy guy, which doesn't help when his dad visits.
*Prysm: Audrey Spears from Jurgens' Titans. She spent her life in a VR world based on 50s sitcoms, and is pretty much made up of light.
*Rocket: Raquel Ervin, Icon's sidekick and friend. One of the only single teenage mothers in comics. Rocket is brought on mainly to act as common sense to some of the new guys, and to Roy. If not for her, Icon would've never happened.
*Scarlett: Bly Pharis, the bane of vampires everywhere. Her first attempt at joining a super-hero team.
*Son of Vulcan: Miguel Devante's second attempt at being a Titan after the Sons of Trigon tried to kill him.
*Terra III: Atlee. She mainly joins in an attempt to finally clear the air involving the name "Terra" and the Titans.
*Vox: Mal Duncan, formerly Herald, who lost use of his vocal chords after Infinite Crisis. His marriage since ended, his membership is Roy's attempt to get him out of his shell.

Re: Titans West Dream Team
#138950 04/07/10 06:44 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
If you guys don't like it just say so.

#138951 04/07/10 07:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll comment specifics later...but he group is rather large, trimming it a little might be better...then indicate the order te rest of the people might be introduced.

Given attririon on most teams, it might be nice to see the core members, periphery characters to start with...that kind of thing.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#138952 04/07/10 07:35 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Per the Legion World User Agreement:

4. Be Patient. Sometimes there isn't anyone else on for HOURS at a time...and sometimes there wont be a response to your thread for days after you post it...but be patient, no need to spam your own topic.

#138953 04/07/10 07:37 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Sometimes topics are just ahead of their time! Like Six Years!

#138954 04/07/10 07:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
snip

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
...but be patient, no need to spam your own topic.[/i]
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...that is funny, especially on LW!!!

#138955 04/07/10 08:09 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I knew that would work.

#138956 04/07/10 08:14 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Well, I gave it a big lineup because, well, the Justice Society had like, 18 members when they started. There's an odd number because, first there's the leader, and then the others. You notice there's more girls than boys?

#138957 04/07/10 08:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It's your thing...I was just giving my two cents on that.

#138958 04/07/10 08:26 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I know. I'm sorry.

#138959 04/07/10 08:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No reasonto be. Like I said, it's your thing. I can go into specifics why I think it's a bad idea later on if you want though. Not in a degrading way, just where I think the flaws are to start out that big.

#138960 04/07/10 08:32 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Okay, thank you.

I already had a few ideas for some stories. A finale for the Titans Tomorrow, a trip to New Azarath, Mirage finally getting the chance to kick her rapist ex-boyfriend's ass, Prometheus, a Titan coming back and a Titan dying.

And a Thanksgiving issue.

#138961 04/07/10 08:35 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
One of the reasons I set it so big is because it's Roy's attempt at starting a Titans team at it's core. A support group for teen heroes and as a family, which is why there are Titans young and old, heroes who have children, and heroes who need a place.

#138962 04/11/10 06:10 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I limited the line-up to 10. For now.

The leader: Arsenal

The returning guys: Son of Vulcan, Mirage, Fringe, Prysm, and Minion.

The new guys: Ebony Dent, Golden Age Kid Flash, Rocket, Cyclone

#138963 04/11/10 06:44 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The trick to large casts is showing how they work together. Starting out with the number you have now is good. After several "issues" you can start bringing in more characters.

JSA was an established team that grew over time. They added a lot fast, but then endeed up splitting. They also treated a lot of new recruits as trainees, to go only when they felt was appropriate.

#138964 04/11/10 06:47 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I added Maxine and this new Kid Flash because the Titans have rarely had any connection to the JSA, besides Damage. And if they want to be a family, well, the JSA knows about family.

As for one of those ideas for a story...

TITANS TOMORROW, TODAY, AND FOREVER

The culmination of the Titans Tomorrow, dealing with a lingering thread for my idea for an Arsenal book. Despite constant changes in the time stream, these deadly, adult Titans keep coming back. Only this time, they have ALL teen heroes in their control. They even have ones who died.

#138965 04/19/10 01:07 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Hmm, had a thought.

What if I replaced one of the new girls with Empress? And she and Ebony were dating?

#138966 05/19/10 10:27 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Actually, I've been doing some thinking and I'm gonna try and restructure this. The line-up would be, ideally...

Arsenal, Batgirl, Tempest, Prysm, and Minion. The veteran Titans.

Ebony Dent, Golden Age Kid Flash, Rocket, Effigy II, and Terra III.

Lian as Arrowette is an honorary member. She gets full membership when she turns 13.

Reiteration:
*Golden Age Kid Flash is the clone of Jay Garrick who appeared in the first Outsiders storyarc after OYL. He was sent to STAR Labs and put into suspended animation as he was suffering from the same type of virus that causes most clones to deteriorate. Here, they managed to stop the virus's progression, and in the process he was de-aged into a 13-year old. His name and concept were inspired from the Sins of Youth crossover when all the adult heroes were turned into kids. His "name" would be Jason Garrick. He's the youngest of the group, while his body is that of a lanky 14 year old, technically he's 3. He's also very quiet, calm, and melancholy, not at all like Bart Allen, and rarely says anything.

*Effigy II: An original character who has no relation to the deceased Green Lantern villain Martin van Wyck, or the Controllers who were responsible for creating the Effigy platoon. His name is Benjamin Martin, and is pretty much one of the most inexperienced members of the team besides GA Kid Flash. His pyrokinetic abilities are an inherited trait from his grandmother, Carol Martin, the Golden Age heroine Wildfire, whom raised him on a farm. A bit bigger in height compared to GA Kid Flash, he fits the build of a regular farm boy, beefy/husky, with brown hair. While not sad or depressed, he keeps to himself and chooses his words carefully for fear of being called stupid.

#138967 06/10/10 10:33 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I think I've finally gotten it right!

Titans West:

Arsenal, Batgirl, Tempest, Prysm, Minion, Lilith Clay (Later Additions)

Ebony Dent, Effigy, Rocket, GA Kid Flash, Terra, and Lightning Lad from the Cartoon

Lian as Arrowette is an Honorary Member

SECOND WAVE
These are contacts each of the Titans has in case of an emergency

Arsenal - Risk
Batgirl - Damian Wayne
Tempest - Argent
Prysm - Ray
Minion - Flamebird
Lilith Clay - Tiffany Cross
Ebony Dent - Snake Girl (Her girlfriend)
Lightning Lad - Black Orchid III
Rocket - Flashback
Effigy - Houston
Terra - Klarion
GA Kid Flash - The Solution
Arrowette - Mia Deardren

Moderated by  Caliente, Fanfic Lady 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,107
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
antacidlass
antacidlass
wherever acid reflux lurks
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star